Activism Discussion: "Marine Apologizes, Says Song About Killing Iraqis Was Joke" (AP)

"Marine Apologizes, Says Song About Killing Iraqis Was Joke" (AP)

Barry Schier
2006-06-20 01:47:49 EST
{Preface}
Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
Marine smiled more when he was singing that song or when he learned
that (as is the usual U.S. policy towards racist acts and behavior by
its armed forces) he wouldn't even be getting his wrist slapped for
what he had done.

The United States' war against Iraq is no joke.

-- Barry Schier

{Article}

Marine Apologizes, Says Song About Killing Iraqis Was Joke
>From the Associated Press
June 15, 2006

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - A Marine corporal seen in a video singing about
killing members of an Iraqi family says the song was a joke.

"It's a song that I made up, and it was nothing more than something
supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," Cpl. Joshua
Belile said in Wednesday's Daily News of Jacksonville.

In a four-minute video posted on the Internet called "Hadji Girl," a
singer-guitarist who appears to be a Marine tells a cheering audience
about gunning down members of an Iraqi woman's family after they
confront him with automatic weapons.

Belile, 23, apologized and said the song was not tied in any way to
allegations that Marines intentionally killed as many as two dozen
unarmed civilians in Haditha last year.

A Marine spokesman had said Tuesday that officers were looking into the
matter but had not launched a formal inquiry.

Neither Belile nor officials at his base in Cherry Point, N.C.,
immediately returned calls Wednesday seeking comment. Neither did
officials at Camp Lejeune, the Corps' major base on the Atlantic Coast.

The song tells of a Marine who falls in love with an Iraqi girl and is
attacked by her family when he is taken to meet them. Lyrics include a
reference to the Marine using an M-16 to blow the father and brother
"to eternity."

"I think it was a joke that is trying to be taken seriously," said
Belile, who learned the video was on the Internet after he returned
from Iraq in March.

Belile said he wrote the song in September while in Iraq. He said his
buddies pushed him on stage with his guitar. Someone taped the
performance and posted it on the YouTube website.

PL
2006-06-20 08:14:57 EST

"Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> {Preface}
> Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
> Marine smiled more when he was singing that song

this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?

PL

T.Schmidt
2006-06-20 12:12:30 EST
Worms are worms, the worst are called Belgian worms, they come in Cuban
cans, like waffers.

T.Schmidt
"PL" <pl.nospam@pandora.be> wrote in message

> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > {Preface}
> > Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
> > Marine smiled more when he was singing that song
>
> this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
> How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
>
> PL

PL
2006-06-20 12:21:53 EST

"T.Schmidt" <ljsprojects@sprint.ca> wrote in message
> Worms are worms, the worst are called Belgian worms, they come in Cuban
> cans, like waffers.

This from a man that says moronic stuff like claiming that Hitler survived
the war and that shouts "Germany over everything" in various newsgroups.
You and Barry really make a nice pair.

"Hitler se fugó con el tesoro del Reich, junto con Eva Braun y con Martin
Bormann "
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/12a0a720d0504e11?dmode=source&hl=en

From Herr SSchmidt on the superiority of the German race:
- "Alemania está por encima del mundo, acostúmbrate a la idea, subhumano"
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/3b4a16af18dfef57?dmode=source&hl=
- "Y la superioridad de los alemanes es una verdad absoluta, comprobada a
través de los milenios.."
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/9ef0f67bfbf2d3d9?dmode=source&hl=en

PL

> "PL" <pl.nospam@pandora.be> wrote in message
>>
>> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > {Preface}
>> > Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
>> > Marine smiled more when he was singing that song
>>
>> this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
>> How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
>>
>> PL

Barry Schier
2006-06-21 00:41:42 EST

PL wrote:
> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > {Preface}
> > Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
> > Marine smiled more when he was singing that song
>
> this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
> How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
>
> PL

There are certain select terms that could be applied to Marines who
enjoy killing of Iraqis far stronger than "gusano." It's not their
being "opponents of Castro" that merits the term of "gusano," but
sympathies and solidarity with the thoughts like those in that Marine's
song that earns them the label. As a product of the Vietnam War era
who leafleted and/or spoke GIs passing through New York's Port
Authority bus terminal on the way to / from their leave at Fort Dix, I
recall how few of the G.I.s were enthusiastic fighting about that war
-- the cheering section was in the brass and in Washington and Miami
(and maybe, depending the age of one apologist for U.S. policy, at some
typewriter in a city or village somewhere in Belgium)..
-- Barry Schier

Barry Schier
2006-06-21 00:50:12 EST

Barry Schier wrote:
> PL wrote:
> > "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > {Preface}
> > > Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
> > > Marine smiled more when he was singing that song
> >
> > this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
> > How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
> >
> > PL

[Correction of typo and slight additions to message]

> There are certain select terms that could be applied to Marines who
> enjoy killing of Iraqis which are far stronger than "gusano." It's not their
> being "opponents of Castro" that merits the term of "gusano" fitting for militant opponents and active "exiles" (as opposed to those who left Cuba for reasons similar to the rest of those in the "Third World" who think / thought that they would be economically better off by immigrating to the U.S., an increasing proportion of those who leave Cuba to live in the U.S.) but
> sympathies and solidarity with the thoughts like those expressed in that Marine's
> song that earns them the label of "gusano."
> As a product of the Vietnam War era
> who leafleted and/or spoke with GIs passing through New York's Port
> Authority bus terminal on the way to / from their leave at Fort Dix, I
> recall how few of the G.I.s were enthusiastic fighting about that war
> -- the cheering section was in the brass and in Washington and Miami
> (and maybe, depending the age of one apologist for U.S. policy, at some
> typewriter in a city or village somewhere in Belgium), and as someone with friends, classmates and/or co-workers in "the service" or in the National Guard, how few are enthusiastic about getting shot at in the sequel to that war now being fought in the Middle East.
> -- Barry Schier

Antonio Forza
2006-06-21 01:15:26 EST
On 19 Jun 2006 22:47:49 -0700, "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>{Preface}
>Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
>Marine smiled more when he was singing that song or when he learned
>that (as is the usual U.S. policy towards racist acts and behavior by
>its armed forces) he wouldn't even be getting his wrist slapped for
>what he had done.

So he wrote and sang a song that you dislike. Why should he be
punished for that? What is next - hangings for people who write poems
you dislike? Jail terms for movie directors, if you dislike the
content? What if someone (gasp) writes a letter to the editor that
pisses you off? Should they get the firing squad?
--
Mental Anarchy - Free Your Mind
http://mentalanarchy.com

PL
2006-06-21 04:57:08 EST

> PL wrote:
>> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > {Preface}
>> > Concerning the article reprinted below,.it's unknown whether that
>> > Marine smiled more when he was singing that song
>>
>> this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
>> How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
>>
>> PL
>

> There are certain select terms that could be applied to Marines who
> enjoy killing of Iraqis far stronger than "gusano." It's not their
> being "opponents of Castro" that merits the term of "gusano," but
> sympathies and solidarity with the thoughts like those in that Marine's
> song

Nope comrade Barry.
You insult people because - unlike you - they support respect of human
rights
Links to 100 human rights reports on Cuba:
http://www.cubaverdad.net/links_to_human_rights_reports.htm
You support:
- repression
http://www.cubaverdad.net/systematic_repression_of_dissent.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/cuba_repressive_machinery.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/repression.php
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/represion.php
- violations of the freedom of speech of Cubans
http://www.cubaverdad.net/freedom_of_speech.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/freedom_of_speech.php
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/internet.php
-violations of the freedom of movement of Cubans
http://www.cubaverdad.net/freedom_of_movement.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/freedom_of_movement.php
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/balsero.php
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/migration.php
- violations of other human rights in Cuba
http://www.cubaverdad.net/universal_declaration_of_human_rights.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/links_to_human_rights_reports.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/human_rights.php
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/derechos_humanos.php
- torture by the Cuban regime
http://www.cubaverdad.net/torture_in_cuba.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/a_cuban_punishment_cell.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/torture.php
- a totalitarian system
http://www.cubaverdad.net/totalitarian_system.htm
- repressive laws that violate human rights
http://www.cubaverdad.net/repressive_laws.htm
- imprisonment of peaceful opponents of the regime of Fidel Castro
http://www.cubaverdad.net/dissidents.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/75_imprisoned_in_march_2003.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/black_spring.php
- the destruction of thousands of life in acts of democide and politicide
http://www.cubaverdad.net/genocide.htm
http://www.cubaverdad.net/13_de_marzo.htm

PL

T.Schmidt
2006-06-21 08:37:57 EST
Paul

You are too repetitive, your postings are boring. Aren't you ashamed?

T.Schmidt
P.S. [1] I try to read everybody, but your links make your postings
unedible. You are a dumb, very dumb persona, and that makes your postings
useless. Also reduce the number of your crosspostings, that is SPAM.
P.S. [2] Go to school and get an education, maybe teaching will give you
what you need be able to comunicate with other people. So far it seems you
live in an abstract and isolated world, far from reality. All that effort
could be used in better ways. Right now you are not worth the oxygen you
consume.
P.S. [3] If you already have an education, then go get a job that requires
using what you know. Teaching is a good one, but for that you may need
advanced education. In the mean time, keep posting and I will read you and
kick your asss regularly.
P.S. [4] Go to Cuba and help Cubans, they need help. Don't be like the
gringos.

> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > PL wrote:
> >> "Barry Schier" <bschier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> this from a man that call the opponents of Castro "worms" (gusanos)
> >> How hypocrite can you get Stalinist Barry?
> >>
> >> PL
> >

> > There are certain select terms that could be applied to Marines who
> > enjoy killing of Iraqis far stronger than "gusano." It's not their
> > being "opponents of Castro" that merits the term of "gusano," but
> > sympathies and solidarity with the thoughts like those in that Marine's
> > song
>
> Nope comrade Barry.
> You insult people because - unlike you - they support respect of human
> rights
> Links to 100 human rights reports on Cuba:
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/links_to_human_rights_reports.htm
> You support:
> - repression
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/systematic_repression_of_dissent.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/cuba_repressive_machinery.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/repression.php
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/represion.php
> - violations of the freedom of speech of Cubans
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/freedom_of_speech.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/freedom_of_speech.php
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/internet.php
> -violations of the freedom of movement of Cubans
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/freedom_of_movement.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/freedom_of_movement.php
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/balsero.php
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/migration.php
> - violations of other human rights in Cuba
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/universal_declaration_of_human_rights.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/links_to_human_rights_reports.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/human_rights.php
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/derechos_humanos.php
> - torture by the Cuban regime
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/torture_in_cuba.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/a_cuban_punishment_cell.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/torture.php
> - a totalitarian system
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/totalitarian_system.htm
> - repressive laws that violate human rights
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/repressive_laws.htm
> - imprisonment of peaceful opponents of the regime of Fidel Castro
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/dissidents.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/75_imprisoned_in_march_2003.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/themefeeds/black_spring.php
> - the destruction of thousands of life in acts of democide and politicide
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/genocide.htm
> http://www.cubaverdad.net/13_de_marzo.htm
>
> PL

PL
2006-06-21 09:06:26 EST

> You are too repetitive, your postings are boring. Aren't you ashamed?

You are the one thst should be ashamed old racist.
Deal with reality for a change.

PL