Activism Discussion: Feel Any Safer Since 9/10?

Feel Any Safer Since 9/10?

Freddy Kruger
2006-09-14 08:32:31 EST
Do you feel any safer since 9/10?

John P.
2006-09-14 16:09:50 EST
"Freddy Kruger" <Fred@whitehouse.gov> wrote in a message

> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?

Nope. Nor do I feel any less safe. 9/11 didn't change anything in that
regard. The odds that I might die or be injured in a terrorist attack on or
before 9/10 were the same as they are now - nearly zero.

Paul Harper
2006-09-15 01:27:05 EST
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:09:50 -0500, "John P."
<*e@neveragainvolunteeryourself.com> wrote:

>"Freddy Kruger" <Fred@whitehouse.gov> wrote in a message
>
>> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?
>
>Nope. Nor do I feel any less safe. 9/11 didn't change anything in that
>regard. The odds that I might die or be injured in a terrorist attack on or
>before 9/10 were the same as they are now - nearly zero.

Yup.

Statistically, there were more than ten times the number of people
killed in the US in 2001 by their own countrymen using guns legally
manufactured and bought in the US than there were by acts of
terrorism.

Paul

Danzig
2006-09-15 17:09:36 EST
Freddy Kruger wrote:
> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?

sure with the nutbars at the helm?

Esme
2006-09-15 21:53:32 EST
Freddy Kruger wrote:
> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?

Of course not mr.freddy kruger. especially traveling outside of europe
and n.america. one must keep her sense of humor fresh. don't you
agree. too much power too much bravado too much anger.

on the wing,
esme

John Agosta
2006-09-15 22:25:58 EST

"Freddy Kruger" <Fred@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?

I am not really sure. ?

When our boys caught that Sammy Hanson fellow over there in Iraq, I was
finally able to breathe again !
You know for a good ten years or so, this guy has had me scared out of my
wits.
I wouldn't let the kids ride their bikes around the block, I was so worried
about some chemical
or biological attack on them.

Ever since the first Gulf war, when we let Sammy off the hook, I've been
worried, worried, worried about him.
Just about every one I know had the Jitters, too.

But now, after we've spent billions to get the guy - AND WE DID !!!!!
I feel so much safer ! Just about everyone I know feel the same sense of
relief.

This past labor day, all of us were going out to have a picnik, but then we
heard the president
say we are still not safe. So we turned around and went back home and
watched TV in the basement.
On the TV, Fox news confirmed we are still not safe.

So now I don't know what to do.

I am close to the end of my duct tape supply. I know that's not too much of
a problem,
because I can always buy some more at Wallmart.

But how can I feel safe now - even though Sammy Hanson is in prison ?

All I hear from the prsident and the folks at Fox news is that we are not
safe, we are not safe, we are not safe.

Maybe I should give up my golden retriever for adoption, and get a dobie ?

I hope some one here can give me some advice, because the bunker I am
building in my back yard is
starting to eat up the family's finances. Damn union contractors. So
expensive!

I'd hire some illegal Mexicans, but from what I hear, they're not too hip on
building concrete re-inforced
underground structures. Hey ! Maybe some Italians ? I hear they are
pretty good at concrete work ?

John P.
2006-09-16 00:29:05 EST
"Paul Harper" <paul@harper.net> wrote in a message

> Statistically, there were more than ten times the number of people
> killed in the US in 2001 by their own countrymen using guns legally
> manufactured and bought in the US than there were by acts of
> terrorism.

Yup ... and 40 times that many killed in auto accidents.

Ctyguy
2006-09-16 04:32:03 EST

"John Agosta" <j_agosta@remove_wideopenwest.kom> wrote in message

> "Freddy Kruger" <Fred@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message
>> Do you feel any safer since 9/10?
>>

> I am not really sure. ?
>
> When our boys caught that Sammy Hanson fellow over there in Iraq, I was
> finally able to breathe again !
> You know for a good ten years or so, this guy has had me scared out of my
> wits.
> I wouldn't let the kids ride their bikes around the block, I was so
> worried about some chemical
> or biological attack on them.
>
> Ever since the first Gulf war, when we let Sammy off the hook, I've been
> worried, worried, worried about him.
> Just about every one I know had the Jitters, too.
>
> But now, after we've spent billions to get the guy - AND WE DID !!!!!
> I feel so much safer ! Just about everyone I know feel the same sense of
> relief.
>
> This past labor day, all of us were going out to have a picnik, but then
> we heard the president
> say we are still not safe. So we turned around and went back home and
> watched TV in the basement.
> On the TV, Fox news confirmed we are still not safe.
>
> So now I don't know what to do.
>
> I am close to the end of my duct tape supply. I know that's not too much
> of a problem,
> because I can always buy some more at Wallmart.
>
> But how can I feel safe now - even though Sammy Hanson is in prison ?
>
> All I hear from the prsident and the folks at Fox news is that we are not
> safe, we are not safe, we are not safe.
>
> Maybe I should give up my golden retriever for adoption, and get a dobie ?
>
> I hope some one here can give me some advice, because the bunker I am
> building in my back yard is
> starting to eat up the family's finances. Damn union contractors. So
> expensive!
>
> I'd hire some illegal Mexicans, but from what I hear, they're not too hip
> on building concrete re-inforced
> underground structures. Hey ! Maybe some Italians ? I hear they are
> pretty good at concrete work ?

I think the bunker is a good idea for orange and red days, but keep the
golden retriever! :-)