Activism Discussion: Freedom Of Speech Under The Constitution

Freedom Of Speech Under The Constitution

Info
2007-03-22 09:01:18 EST
Freedom of Speech under the Constitution

Every person has a constitutional right to Freedom of Speech. This means
we can speak about any topic we like without fear of being harassed,
jailed, discriminated against or denied any constitutional rights.

If someone sees, for example, a website he dislikes or thinks is
confusing, he can ignore that website and go somewhere else. An
individual doesn't have to talk about or read any topic he doesn't like.

The only topic a person does have to familiarize himself with is what
the law is. The law books are the only books a person must obey. If
someone doesn't like a certain law, he can work to help get it changed
or he can challenge it in court, but he still must obey that law until
it is changed.

Freedom of Speech means all kinds of topics, subjects and theories can
be discussed by anyone. If someone dislikes a particular topic, ignore
it and don't get involved in it. What someone else likes may not be what
you like.

The same is true where a topic you like, may not be liked by someone
else. Another person has no right to come and challenge you about the
topic you like. He can go discuss the topic he likes.

This is Freedom of Speech. We don't have to like or agree with
everything we see on the Internet. We ignore and avoid what we
personally disagree with or don't understand.

Certain forms of speech are, however, illegal and are not protected
under the Constitution. It is illegal to personally harass someone. To
call names or mock on a person in public is illegal.

To falsely accuse someone of being a criminal or committing a crime is
illegal. It is
illegal to call someone a murderer or a child molester when that person
was not
convicted in court of committing that crime. This is considered
"defamation of
character" and can result in a civil lawsuit. A person making such
false, alarming
statements can also be charged with "raising a false alarm".

People who are considered "public figures", because they are mentioned
so much already in the mainstream press, are often not protected by
"defamation of character" laws. Examples are people in the high salary
range like movie stars, CEOs of large corporations and public officials.

It is illegal to threaten to harm or kill someone. This is not protected
speech under the Constitution.

It is also illegal to speak about anyone's medical records. These are
protected under the Privacy Act.

Freedom of Speech allows us to talk about all kinds of topics, subjects
and theories. But we must be very careful when speaking about an
individual person. While our constitution guarantees us many freedoms,
it also guarantees every person good privacy, safety and freedom from
harassment.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
Exercise your right to Freedom of Speech as guaranteed by the
Constitution.
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html

Every member of the US military swears an oath to defend the
Constitution
http://www.army.mil/CMH/faq/oaths.htm

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and
that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and
the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Kurt Knoll
2007-03-22 12:00:47 EST
There is no freedom of speech in Germany when it is about the holocaust.
Everyone has to believe all of it, Does who openly critic the holocaust in
Germany are getting thrown into jail.

Kurt Knoll.

"Info" <info@info.nospam.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> it also guarantees every person good privacy, safety and freedom from
> harassment.

> FREEDOM OF SPEECH
> Exercise your right to Freedom of Speech as guaranteed by the
> Constitution.
> http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html

> Every member of the US military swears an oath to defend the
> Constitution
> http://www.army.mil/CMH/faq/oaths.htm
>
> "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
> the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
> domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and
> that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and
> the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
> and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Kenneth McVay OBC
2007-03-22 13:19:34 EST
In article <46027E1E.62EEF4EC@info.nospam.com>,
Info <info@info.nospam.com> wrote:
>Freedom of Speech under the Constitution
>
>Every person has a constitutional right to Freedom of Speech. This means
>we can speak about any topic we like without fear of being harassed,
>jailed, discriminated against or denied any constitutional rights.

Wrong already, and we haven't gotten beyond paragraph one. Try cracking jokes about bombs
in an airport, for instance, just to underscore your "freedom of speech."

Then try using the word "fuck" on an American radio or television station.

Absolute freedom of speech does not exist anywhere, and never has.

--
"Drop dead you Jew Kike bastard! Take the chalenge you big mouth hook
nose" (Scott Bradbury, Bellville, Texas' Leading Revisionist Scholar)

The Nizkor Project: http://www.nizkor.org/

A._Pfündl?=
2007-03-22 13:58:38 EST

"Kurt Knoll" <kknoll3@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> There is no freedom of speech in Germany when it is about the holocaust.
> Everyone has to believe all of it, Does who openly critic the holocaust in
> Germany are getting thrown into jail.
>
> Kurt Knoll.

Hi Kurt,

how often did you fuck your cat today?

Binyamin Cramer
2007-03-23 02:52:27 EST

"Info" <info@info.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Freedom of Speech under the Constitution

If there is even ONE restriction to speech, there is no freedom of speech.

> [...]
> it also guarantees every person good privacy, safety and freedom from
> harassment.

> FREEDOM OF SPEECH
> Exercise your right to Freedom of Speech as guaranteed by the
> Constitution.
> http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html

> Every member of the US military swears an oath to defend the
> Constitution
> http://www.army.mil/CMH/faq/oaths.htm
>
> "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
> the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
> domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and
> that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and
> the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
> and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

2007-03-23 02:52:58 EST

"Kurt Knoll" <kknoll3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> There is no freedom of speech in Germany when it is about the holocaust.
> Everyone has to believe all of it, Does who openly critic the holocaust in
> Germany are getting thrown into jail.

There is no freedom of speech in any country where the stinky yids have the
government by the balls.

Yosarian
2007-03-23 11:49:31 EST
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:00:47 GMT, "Kurt Knoll" <kknoll3@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>There is no freedom of speech in Germany when it is about the holocaust.
>Everyone has to believe all of it, Does who openly critic the holocaust in
>Germany are getting thrown into jail.
>
>Kurt Knoll.

If this is an issue that bothers you so much, reject your canadian
citizenship aquire German citizenship and help to change the laws that
you dislike. You can continue to disagree with German Laws, but that
is all you can do. Remember German Laws are for passed by Germans, not
those who don't live in Germany.

> [...]
>> it also guarantees every person good privacy, safety and freedom from
>> harassment.

>> FREEDOM OF SPEECH
>> Exercise your right to Freedom of Speech as guaranteed by the
>> Constitution.
>> http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html

>> Every member of the US military swears an oath to defend the
>> Constitution
>> http://www.army.mil/CMH/faq/oaths.htm
>>
>> "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
>> the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
>> domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and
>> that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and
>> the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
>> and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

2007-03-23 11:49:59 EST
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:52:58 +1000, "Binyamin Cramer"
<k'ohenisadopeyklown@niyahoodieinsight.ctm> wrote:

>"Kurt Knoll" <kknoll3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> There is no freedom of speech in Germany when it is about the holocaust.
>> Everyone has to believe all of it, Does who openly critic the holocaust in
>> Germany are getting thrown into jail.
>
>There is no freedom of speech in any country where the stinky yids have the
>government by the balls.

So sez the impotent troll.

Kurt Knoll
2007-03-23 13:49:56 EST
You know very little how politics work. The German tourists coming here will
not agree with you. As one of them said to me " If the Germans do not act on
the request of the holocaust lobby a whole new serous of hate propaganda
against the Germans will ensue. Or in other words "Die hetzerei fangt wieder
von vorne an".

Kurt Knoll.

"Yosarian" <Yosarian58@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>
>>> =========================================
>>> FREEDOM OF SPEECH
>>> Exercise your right to Freedom of Speech as guaranteed by the
>>> Constitution.
>>> http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution.html
>>>
>>> =========================================
>>>
>>> Every member of the US military swears an oath to defend the
>>> Constitution
>>> http://www.army.mil/CMH/faq/oaths.htm
>>>
>>> "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend
>>> the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
>>> domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and
>>> that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and
>>> the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations
>>> and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Patrick Keenan
2007-03-23 16:29:08 EST
> You know very little how politics work. The German tourists coming here
> will not agree with you. As one of them said to me " If the Germans do not
> act on the request of the holocaust lobby a whole new serous of hate
> propaganda against the Germans will ensue. Or in other words "Die hetzerei
> fangt wieder von vorne an".
>
> Kurt Knoll.

So you believe that one German tourist is a representative sample of the
views of the entire German population?

Oh, and how can you prove that this "tourist" actually said this.. or even
spoke to you?

-pk