Activism Discussion: So Much For The Kyoto Protocol ...

So Much For The Kyoto Protocol ...
Posts: 9

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

BONZ0
2007-04-09 23:32:10 EST
UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
By Jennifer Harper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
February 23, 2007

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070222-111037-4654r.htm

Finger-pointing critics often vilify Americans as the sole cause of global warming. But the typical image of SUV-driving,
energy-hogging Yankees may be bogus -- a new analysis of U.N. data reveals that U.S. efforts to reduce greenhouse gases actually
beat European policies.

"Despite constant criticism from environmental activists at home and across Europe claiming the U.S. government is doing nothing
to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, new evidence suggests America's efforts are more effective than those of Europe's," according to
a study by H. Sterling Burnett of the Dallas-based National Center for Policy Analysis, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research institute.

The United States has spent more than any other country on research and technologies to reduce emissions, Mr. Burnett wrote, and
the business-led efforts are paying off.

"The U.S. is doing a far better job reining in its emissions than Europe, even though it has a faster-growing economy and
population," Mr. Burnett said. "Rather than signing treaties that look good on paper but do nothing to really bring about
reductions, U.S. industry has taken the lead as a business matter, reducing emissions as a matter of efficiency -- saving costs and
improving the bottom line."

Mr. Burnett's scrutiny of data from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Report released Feb. 2 revealed that the
U.S. rate of growth in carbon dioxide emissions from 2000 to 2004 was eight percentage points lower than from 1995 to 2000. The
original 15 nations of the European Union increased emissions by 2.3 percentage points.

From 2000 to 2004, greenhouse gas emissions from the EU countries grew at nearly double the U.S. rate. During the same time
period, the U.S. economy grew by almost $1.9 trillion, "the equivalent of adding Italy to the U.S. economy," Mr. Burnett wrote in
the analysis, released Wednesday.

The U.S. population increased by 11.3 million people, more than the population of Greece, he found.

"U.S. businesses are succeeding where European bureaucracy is failing," Mr. Burnett said. "Further, efforts like the
Asian-Pacific partnership will do far more than [the] Kyoto [Protocol] to have a lasting effect on greenhouse gas emissions."

The Asian-Pacific partnership is a nonbinding plan to cooperate on development and transfer technologies that would enable
greenhouse gas reductions.

Meanwhile, Americans may not be quick to buy into the assertions of "An Inconvenient Truth," former Vice President Al Gore's
documentary that is in contention for an Oscar award Sunday.

Global warming is not a "top-tier" issue, according to a Pew Research survey of 1,708 adults. Respondents ranked the issue
fourth from last in a 23-item list of policy priorities for the White House and Congress. Only 19 percent expressed "deep concern"
about global warming. A minority -- 47 percent -- blamed it on human activity. Among conservative Republicans, the figure was 20
percent; among liberal Democrats, 71 percent.

"The issue is of relatively low priority for members of both parties," the survey said. It was conducted Jan. 10 to 15, with a
margin of error of three percentage points.


Regards

B0NZ0

"...and I think future generations are not going to blame us for anything except for being silly, for letting a few tenths of a
degree panic us" Dr. Richard Lindzen, Professor of Meteorology MIT and Member of the National Academy of Sciences

[most of the current alarm over climate change is based on] "inherently untrustworthy climate models, similar to those that cannot
accurately forecast the weather a week from now." Dr. Richard Lindzen,Professor of Meteorology MIT and Member of the National
Academy of Sciences


Adulterer McCain Shitbag
2007-04-09 23:39:42 EST
Denialist Shortage Has Exxon Lobbying for more visas to foreign
Denialists -- may have to turn to outsourcing Denialism to retired old
European Crackpots.

On Apr 9, 8:32 pm, "BONZ0" <bon...@optusnt.com.au> wrote:
> UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
> By Jennifer Harper
> THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Wash-Times owned By Sun Myung Moon, Korean billionaire polluter
industrialist...

Sun Myung Moon's Gun-Running and Olin's Right Winger Ammo Smuggling
linked
to Anti-Environmentalism.

The crazed psychopathic killers will tell any lie to keep flowing
weaponry
into Bush Wars and bushwars. Keeping people-with-consciences occupied
defending Global Warming Science keeps the heat off of the gunmen's
suppliers. While both MOON and OLIN have pollution concerns, and
anti-environmental axes to grind, they support the petrochemical lobby
on
Global Warming obfuscation in exchange for return favors to keep the
peaceniks helpless, using the exact same network of propaganda mills,
think tank$ and in$titute$.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/analysis/1101moon.htm
One piece of the Moon corporate puzzle, Kahr Arms, manufactures
weapons at
a factory in Worcester, Massachusetts. Justin Moon, son of Sun Myung
Moon,
serves as the Chief Executive Officer. (60) The Kahr website says that
the
younger Moon designed the ultra-compact Kahr semi-automatic pistol, a
popular product which is "designed for concealed carry." (61) In 1999
Kahr
expanded by buying additional weapons lines from Numrich Arms,
including
both handguns and the famous Thomson submachine gun known as the
"Tommy
Gun," a weapon best-known for its use by gangsters in the 1920s but
still
selling in modernized versions.

Kahr Arms is a part of Saeilo USA whose operations include a machine
tool
and machining company with facilities in four states. (62) The
corporate
parent, Saeilo Inc., a large international group headquartered in
Blauvelt, N.Y., is believed to be owned by One Up Enterprises(63) The
Moon
organization also manufactures arms such as M-16 automatic rifles in
other
countries, including Korea and Japan, and it has acted as a dealer for
arms exports and imports to and from Korea, the United States, Japan
and
elsewhere. (64) Tongil [or Tong Il] Heavy Industries of Korea, a
branch of
Saeilo, says on its web site that it manufactures anti-aircraft canon,
heavy machine guns, mine launchers, decoy systems and parts for
armored
vehicles. (65) The mine launcher is designed for land mines, a type of
weapon now almost universally condemned.

(Source --- http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientsoffunder.php?funderID=7
---)
OLIN = Winchester Arms, Black Talon Bullets, Dioxins, Chlorine, DDT
puppetmaster.

OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Enterprise Institute
for Public Policy Research = $7,022,124
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Legislative Exchange
Council = $215,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Americans for Tax Reform
Foundation = $525,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlantic Legal Foundation =
$210,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlas Economic Research
Foundation = $5,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Brookings Institution =
$1,217,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Capital Legal Foundation =
$150,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Cato Institute = $832,500
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Media and Public
Affairs = $730,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Security Policy =
$261,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Strategic and
International Studies = $2,112,318
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Citizens for a Sound Economy
Foundation = $1,375,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Competitive Enterprise
Institute = $230,300
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Consumer Alert = $28,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Federalist Society for Law
and Public Policy Studies = $4,008,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding ASCH = $865,500
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Foundation for Research on
Economics and the Environment (FREE) = $484,250
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Fraser Institute = $10,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George C. Marshall Institute
= $350,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University =
$6,665,824
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University
Institute for Humane Studies = $797,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heartland Institute = $40,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heritage Foundation =
$8,320,835
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hoover Institution on War,
Revolution and Peace = $5,015,660
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hudson Institute, Inc. =
$3,034,840
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Independent Institute =
$65,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding John Locke Institute =
$15,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Landmark Legal Foundation =
$320,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Manhattan Institute for
Policy Research = $4,899,500
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Media Institute = $148,750
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Policy
Analysis = $1,069,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Public
Policy Research, Inc = $100,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Legal Center for The
Public Interest = $63,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Wilderness Institute
=$25,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding New England Legal Foundation
= $75,200
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Legal Foundation =
$665,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Research Institute
for Public Policy = $735,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Property and Environment
Research Center (PERC) = $640,775
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Reason Foundation = $276,500
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Southeastern Legal Foundation
= $145,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Washington Legal Foundation =
$2,460,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Weidenbaum Center = $94,650
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Media Research Center = $495,000
OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Mercatus Center, George Mason
University = $80,000



Marty
2007-04-10 07:39:23 EST

"Adulterer McCain Shitbag" <Adulterer.McCain@Exxon-Turds.info> wrote in
message news:1176176382.452952.289920@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> Denialist Shortage Has Exxon Lobbying for more visas to foreign
> Denialists -- may have to turn to outsourcing Denialism to retired old
> European Crackpots.

You really need to adjust your medication.


>
> On Apr 9, 8:32 pm, "BONZ0" <bon...@optusnt.com.au> wrote:
>> UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
>> By Jennifer Harper
>> THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>
> Wash-Times owned By Sun Myung Moon, Korean billionaire polluter
> industrialist...
>
> Sun Myung Moon's Gun-Running and Olin's Right Winger Ammo Smuggling
> linked
> to Anti-Environmentalism.
>
> The crazed psychopathic killers will tell any lie to keep flowing
> weaponry
> into Bush Wars and bushwars. Keeping people-with-consciences occupied
> defending Global Warming Science keeps the heat off of the gunmen's
> suppliers. While both MOON and OLIN have pollution concerns, and
> anti-environmental axes to grind, they support the petrochemical lobby
> on
> Global Warming obfuscation in exchange for return favors to keep the
> peaceniks helpless, using the exact same network of propaganda mills,
> think tank$ and in$titute$.
>
> http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/analysis/1101moon.htm
> One piece of the Moon corporate puzzle, Kahr Arms, manufactures
> weapons at
> a factory in Worcester, Massachusetts. Justin Moon, son of Sun Myung
> Moon,
> serves as the Chief Executive Officer. (60) The Kahr website says that
> the
> younger Moon designed the ultra-compact Kahr semi-automatic pistol, a
> popular product which is "designed for concealed carry." (61) In 1999
> Kahr
> expanded by buying additional weapons lines from Numrich Arms,
> including
> both handguns and the famous Thomson submachine gun known as the
> "Tommy
> Gun," a weapon best-known for its use by gangsters in the 1920s but
> still
> selling in modernized versions.
>
> Kahr Arms is a part of Saeilo USA whose operations include a machine
> tool
> and machining company with facilities in four states. (62) The
> corporate
> parent, Saeilo Inc., a large international group headquartered in
> Blauvelt, N.Y., is believed to be owned by One Up Enterprises(63) The
> Moon
> organization also manufactures arms such as M-16 automatic rifles in
> other
> countries, including Korea and Japan, and it has acted as a dealer for
> arms exports and imports to and from Korea, the United States, Japan
> and
> elsewhere. (64) Tongil [or Tong Il] Heavy Industries of Korea, a
> branch of
> Saeilo, says on its web site that it manufactures anti-aircraft canon,
> heavy machine guns, mine launchers, decoy systems and parts for
> armored
> vehicles. (65) The mine launcher is designed for land mines, a type of
> weapon now almost universally condemned.
>
> (Source ---
> http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientsoffunder.php?funderID=7
> ---)
> OLIN = Winchester Arms, Black Talon Bullets, Dioxins, Chlorine, DDT
> puppetmaster.
>
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Enterprise Institute
> for Public Policy Research = $7,022,124
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Legislative Exchange
> Council = $215,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Americans for Tax Reform
> Foundation = $525,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlantic Legal Foundation =
> $210,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlas Economic Research
> Foundation = $5,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Brookings Institution =
> $1,217,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Capital Legal Foundation =
> $150,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Cato Institute = $832,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Media and Public
> Affairs = $730,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Security Policy =
> $261,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Strategic and
> International Studies = $2,112,318
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Citizens for a Sound Economy
> Foundation = $1,375,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Competitive Enterprise
> Institute = $230,300
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Consumer Alert = $28,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Federalist Society for Law
> and Public Policy Studies = $4,008,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding ASCH = $865,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Foundation for Research on
> Economics and the Environment (FREE) = $484,250
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Fraser Institute = $10,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George C. Marshall Institute
> = $350,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University =
> $6,665,824
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University
> Institute for Humane Studies = $797,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heartland Institute = $40,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heritage Foundation =
> $8,320,835
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hoover Institution on War,
> Revolution and Peace = $5,015,660
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hudson Institute, Inc. =
> $3,034,840
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Independent Institute =
> $65,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding John Locke Institute =
> $15,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Landmark Legal Foundation =
> $320,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Manhattan Institute for
> Policy Research = $4,899,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Media Institute = $148,750
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Policy
> Analysis = $1,069,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Public
> Policy Research, Inc = $100,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Legal Center for The
> Public Interest = $63,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Wilderness Institute
> =$25,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding New England Legal Foundation
> = $75,200
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Legal Foundation =
> $665,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Research Institute
> for Public Policy = $735,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Property and Environment
> Research Center (PERC) = $640,775
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Reason Foundation = $276,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Southeastern Legal Foundation
> = $145,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Washington Legal Foundation =
> $2,460,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Weidenbaum Center = $94,650
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Media Research Center = $495,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Mercatus Center, George Mason
> University = $80,000
>
>



Roger Coppock
2007-04-10 08:23:36 EST
On Apr 9, 8:32 pm, "BONZ0" <bon...@optusnt.com.au> wrote:
> UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
> By Jennifer Harper
> THE WASHINGTON TIMES
> February 23, 2007
>
> http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070222-111037-4654r.htm
>
> Finger-pointing critics often vilify Americans as the sole cause of global warming. But the typical image of SUV-driving,
> energy-hogging Yankees may be bogus -- a new analysis of U.N. data reveals that U.S. efforts to reduce greenhouse gases actually
> beat European policies.
>
> "Despite constant criticism from environmental activists at home and across Europe claiming the U.S. government is doing nothing
> to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, new evidence suggests America's efforts are more effective than those of Europe's," according to
> a study by H. Sterling Burnett of the Dallas-based National Center for Policy Analysis, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research institute.
>
> The United States has spent more than any other country on research and technologies to reduce emissions, Mr. Burnett wrote, and
> the business-led efforts are paying off.
>
> "The U.S. is doing a far better job reining in its emissions than Europe, even though it has a faster-growing economy and
> population," Mr. Burnett said. [ . . . ]

Let's make this VERY clear.
NO ONE, neither the U.S. or the EU has significantly
reduced their carbon dioxide emissions. Keeling's
CO2 curve continues to rise exponentially. Please
see a graph of CO2 concentrations which includes
data updated to the last complete month, March 2007.
http://members.cox.net/rcoppock/CO2-6DegreesFreedom.jpg
The data show no change in CO2 trend significant
enough to alter global warming.

=-=
The Washington Times has definitely gone down hill
since Moon took them over. The old Washington Times
would have checked its facts before it published.


Peter Muehlbauer
2007-04-10 08:35:15 EST

"Roger Coppock" wrote:
>
> Let's make this VERY clear.
> NO ONE, neither the U.S. or the EU has significantly
> reduced their carbon dioxide emissions.

What makes you think they could do?

> Keeling's CO2 curve continues to rise exponentially.

Keeling's measurements have actually been proven wrong.

http://www.klimanotizen.de/html/co2beck.html
(sorry, german text only)



NoSpam
2007-04-10 10:47:56 EST
Dear Peter,

The article quoted by you and linked to by
http://www.klimanotizen.de/html/co2beck.html
refers to a refutation of the current clima studies by stating:

"Eine aktuelle Studie, die in England ver\ufffdffentlicht wurde hat nun durch
umfangreiche Literaturrecherchen der Naturwissenschaftsgeschichte seit 1812
den Wahrheitsgehalt der durch die Klimaforschung behaupteten Ursachen der
globalen Erw\ufffdrmung durch den Menschen untersucht."

Unfortunately you did not tell us where this current study, published in
England
can be found.

May we ask you to give us a reference.

Thank you.

G.R.


"Peter Muehlbauer" <spamtrap@frankenexpress.de> wrote in message
news:evg0a9$sa3$1@news1.nefonline.de...
>
> "Roger Coppock" wrote:
> >
> > Let's make this VERY clear.
> > NO ONE, neither the U.S. or the EU has significantly
> > reduced their carbon dioxide emissions.
>
> What makes you think they could do?
>
> > Keeling's CO2 curve continues to rise exponentially.
>
> Keeling's measurements have actually been proven wrong.
>
> http://www.klimanotizen.de/html/co2beck.html
> (sorry, german text only)
>
>



Peter Muehlbauer
2007-04-10 11:15:09 EST

"NoSpam" wrote:
>
> Unfortunately you did not tell us where this current study, published in
> England
> can be found.
>
> May we ask you to give us a reference.

The autor has not given any reference indeed.
But Dipl. Biol. Ernst-Georg Beck as the author should have.
Take a look at his website www.biokurs.de
Otherwise ask him via email.
I know Beck and he surely will answer to any question.

Peter

f'up2 alt.global-warming set

John Fernbach
2007-04-10 17:17:11 EST
On Apr 10, 7:39 am, "Marty" <mskap...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> "Adulterer McCain Shitbag" <Adulterer.McC...@Exxon-Turds.info> wrote in
> messagenews:1176176382.452952.289920@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Denialist Shortage Has Exxon Lobbying for more visas to foreign
> > Denialists -- may have to turn to outsourcing Denialism to retired old
> > European Crackpots.
>
> You really need to adjust your medication.
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Apr 9, 8:32 pm, "BONZ0" <bon...@optusnt.com.au> wrote:
> >> UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
> >> By Jennifer Harper
> >> THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>
> > Wash-Times owned By Sun Myung Moon, Korean billionaire polluter
> > industrialist...
>
> > Sun Myung Moon's Gun-Running and Olin's Right Winger Ammo Smuggling
> > linked
> > to Anti-Environmentalism.
>
> > The crazed psychopathic killers will tell any lie to keep flowing
> > weaponry
> > into Bush Wars and bushwars. Keeping people-with-consciences occupied
> > defending Global Warming Science keeps the heat off of the gunmen's
> > suppliers. While both MOON and OLIN have pollution concerns, and
> > anti-environmental axes to grind, they support the petrochemical lobby
> > on
> > Global Warming obfuscation in exchange for return favors to keep the
> > peaceniks helpless, using the exact same network of propaganda mills,
> > think tank$ and in$titute$.
>
> >http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/analysis/1101moon.htm
> > One piece of the Moon corporate puzzle, Kahr Arms, manufactures
> > weapons at
> > a factory in Worcester, Massachusetts. Justin Moon, son of Sun Myung
> > Moon,
> > serves as the Chief Executive Officer. (60) The Kahr website says that
> > the
> > younger Moon designed the ultra-compact Kahr semi-automatic pistol, a
> > popular product which is "designed for concealed carry." (61) In 1999
> > Kahr
> > expanded by buying additional weapons lines from Numrich Arms,
> > including
> > both handguns and the famous Thomson submachine gun known as the
> > "Tommy
> > Gun," a weapon best-known for its use by gangsters in the 1920s but
> > still
> > selling in modernized versions.
>
> > Kahr Arms is a part of Saeilo USA whose operations include a machine
> > tool
> > and machining company with facilities in four states. (62) The
> > corporate
> > parent, Saeilo Inc., a large international group headquartered in
> > Blauvelt, N.Y., is believed to be owned by One Up Enterprises(63) The
> > Moon
> > organization also manufactures arms such as M-16 automatic rifles in
> > other
> > countries, including Korea and Japan, and it has acted as a dealer for
> > arms exports and imports to and from Korea, the United States, Japan
> > and
> > elsewhere. (64) Tongil [or Tong Il] Heavy Industries of Korea, a
> > branch of
> > Saeilo, says on its web site that it manufactures anti-aircraft canon,
> > heavy machine guns, mine launchers, decoy systems and parts for
> > armored
> > vehicles. (65) The mine launcher is designed for land mines, a type of
> > weapon now almost universally condemned.
>
> > (Source ---
> >http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientsoffunder.php?funderID=7
> > ---)
> > OLIN = Winchester Arms, Black Talon Bullets, Dioxins, Chlorine, DDT
> > puppetmaster.
>
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Enterprise Institute
> > for Public Policy Research = $7,022,124
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Legislative Exchange
> > Council = $215,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Americans for Tax Reform
> > Foundation = $525,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlantic Legal Foundation =
> > $210,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlas Economic Research
> > Foundation = $5,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Brookings Institution =
> > $1,217,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Capital Legal Foundation =
> > $150,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Cato Institute = $832,500
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Media and Public
> > Affairs = $730,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Security Policy =
> > $261,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Strategic and
> > International Studies = $2,112,318
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Citizens for a Sound Economy
> > Foundation = $1,375,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Competitive Enterprise
> > Institute = $230,300
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Consumer Alert = $28,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Federalist Society for Law
> > and Public Policy Studies = $4,008,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding ASCH = $865,500
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Foundation for Research on
> > Economics and the Environment (FREE) = $484,250
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Fraser Institute = $10,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George C. Marshall Institute
> > = $350,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University =
> > $6,665,824
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University
> > Institute for Humane Studies = $797,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heartland Institute = $40,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heritage Foundation =
> > $8,320,835
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hoover Institution on War,
> > Revolution and Peace = $5,015,660
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hudson Institute, Inc. =
> > $3,034,840
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Independent Institute =
> > $65,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding John Locke Institute =
> > $15,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Landmark Legal Foundation =
> > $320,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Manhattan Institute for
> > Policy Research = $4,899,500
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Media Institute = $148,750
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Policy
> > Analysis = $1,069,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Public
> > Policy Research, Inc = $100,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Legal Center for The
> > Public Interest = $63,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Wilderness Institute
> > =$25,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding New England Legal Foundation
> > = $75,200
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Legal Foundation =
> > $665,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Research Institute
> > for Public Policy = $735,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Property and Environment
> > Research Center (PERC) = $640,775
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Reason Foundation = $276,500
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Southeastern Legal Foundation
> > = $145,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Washington Legal Foundation =
> > $2,460,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Weidenbaum Center = $94,650
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Media Research Center = $495,000
> > OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Mercatus Center, George Mason
> > University = $80,000- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -



John Fernbach
2007-04-10 17:18:00 EST
Adulterer - Thanx for the great BG info on the Moonie-owned
"Washington Times."

However, you might also check out the "nonpartisan" National Center
for Policy Analysis, the main source for the Washington Times' little
piece of feel-good disinformation. As Bonzo's article identifies
them --

"Despite constant criticism from environmental activists ... new
evidence suggests America's efforts are more effective than those of
Europe's," according to a study by H. Sterling Burnett of the Dallas-
based NATIONAL CENTER FOR POLICY ANALYSIS, a nonprofit, nonpartisan
research institute"

Got it? "nonprofit, nonpartisan research institute."
** ** ** **
Do a Google search for "National Center for Policy Analysis," and
you'll find that the group is about as nonpartisan as Dick Cheney on
meth.

Viz:

** NPCA's web site says group is dedicated to "classical liberalism,"
i.e., Libertarian economic fantasy that unregulated markets will
always create Voltaire's "best of all possible worlds," without any
government oversight.

** Current head of NCPA is Pete DuPont, former GOP presidential
candidate and noted proponent of "flat tax" approach to income taxes
-- ie. champion of tax holidays for billionaires, while govt programs
get the axe and the US middle class gets the shaft.

** Group's online publications on climate change include praise for
Sen. James Inhofe, ["Senator Inhofe is right"] repeated attacks on
Kyoto Treaty, publications arguing that GW is good for us, etc.

** NCPA researchers also comment on other policy issues including
health care and education, etc. -- recent thrust of their health care
research is to support Bush's latest health care plan.

So we're supposed to rely on good old NCPA as a "nonpartisan" think
tank?

Sure. And they gotta a bridge to sell you, too.







On Apr 9, 11:39 pm, "Adulterer McCain Shitbag" <Adulterer.McC...@Exxon-
Turds.info> wrote:
> Denialist Shortage Has Exxon Lobbying for more visas to foreign
> Denialists -- may have to turn to outsourcing Denialism to retired old
> European Crackpots.
>
> On Apr 9, 8:32 pm, "BONZ0" <bon...@optusnt.com.au> wrote:
>
> > UN Data Show US Greener Than EU
> > By Jennifer Harper
> > THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>
> Wash-Times owned By Sun Myung Moon, Korean billionaire polluter
> industrialist...
>
> Sun Myung Moon's Gun-Running and Olin's Right Winger Ammo Smuggling
> linked
> to Anti-Environmentalism.
>
> The crazed psychopathic killers will tell any lie to keep flowing
> weaponry
> into Bush Wars and bushwars. Keeping people-with-consciences occupied
> defending Global Warming Science keeps the heat off of the gunmen's
> suppliers. While both MOON and OLIN have pollution concerns, and
> anti-environmental axes to grind, they support the petrochemical lobby
> on
> Global Warming obfuscation in exchange for return favors to keep the
> peaceniks helpless, using the exact same network of propaganda mills,
> think tank$ and in$titute$.
>
> http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/analysis/1101moon.htm
> One piece of the Moon corporate puzzle, Kahr Arms, manufactures
> weapons at
> a factory in Worcester, Massachusetts. Justin Moon, son of Sun Myung
> Moon,
> serves as the Chief Executive Officer. (60) The Kahr website says that
> the
> younger Moon designed the ultra-compact Kahr semi-automatic pistol, a
> popular product which is "designed for concealed carry." (61) In 1999
> Kahr
> expanded by buying additional weapons lines from Numrich Arms,
> including
> both handguns and the famous Thomson submachine gun known as the
> "Tommy
> Gun," a weapon best-known for its use by gangsters in the 1920s but
> still
> selling in modernized versions.
>
> Kahr Arms is a part of Saeilo USA whose operations include a machine
> tool
> and machining company with facilities in four states. (62) The
> corporate
> parent, Saeilo Inc., a large international group headquartered in
> Blauvelt, N.Y., is believed to be owned by One Up Enterprises(63) The
> Moon
> organization also manufactures arms such as M-16 automatic rifles in
> other
> countries, including Korea and Japan, and it has acted as a dealer for
> arms exports and imports to and from Korea, the United States, Japan
> and
> elsewhere. (64) Tongil [or Tong Il] Heavy Industries of Korea, a
> branch of
> Saeilo, says on its web site that it manufactures anti-aircraft canon,
> heavy machine guns, mine launchers, decoy systems and parts for
> armored
> vehicles. (65) The mine launcher is designed for land mines, a type of
> weapon now almost universally condemned.
>
> (Source ---http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientsoffunder.php?funderID=7
> ---)
> OLIN = Winchester Arms, Black Talon Bullets, Dioxins, Chlorine, DDT
> puppetmaster.
>
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Enterprise Institute
> for Public Policy Research = $7,022,124
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding American Legislative Exchange
> Council = $215,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Americans for Tax Reform
> Foundation = $525,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlantic Legal Foundation =
> $210,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Atlas Economic Research
> Foundation = $5,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Brookings Institution =
> $1,217,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Capital Legal Foundation =
> $150,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Cato Institute = $832,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Media and Public
> Affairs = $730,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Security Policy =
> $261,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Center for Strategic and
> International Studies = $2,112,318
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Citizens for a Sound Economy
> Foundation = $1,375,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Competitive Enterprise
> Institute = $230,300
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Consumer Alert = $28,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Federalist Society for Law
> and Public Policy Studies = $4,008,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding ASCH = $865,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Foundation for Research on
> Economics and the Environment (FREE) = $484,250
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Fraser Institute = $10,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George C. Marshall Institute
> = $350,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University =
> $6,665,824
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding George Mason University
> Institute for Humane Studies = $797,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heartland Institute = $40,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Heritage Foundation =
> $8,320,835
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hoover Institution on War,
> Revolution and Peace = $5,015,660
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Hudson Institute, Inc. =
> $3,034,840
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Independent Institute =
> $65,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding John Locke Institute =
> $15,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Landmark Legal Foundation =
> $320,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Manhattan Institute for
> Policy Research = $4,899,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Media Institute = $148,750
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Policy
> Analysis = $1,069,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Center for Public
> Policy Research, Inc = $100,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Legal Center for The
> Public Interest = $63,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding National Wilderness Institute
> =$25,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding New England Legal Foundation
> = $75,200
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Legal Foundation =
> $665,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Pacific Research Institute
> for Public Policy = $735,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Property and Environment
> Research Center (PERC) = $640,775
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Reason Foundation = $276,500
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Southeastern Legal Foundation
> = $145,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Washington Legal Foundation =
> $2,460,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Funding Weidenbaum Center = $94,650
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Media Research Center = $495,000
> OLIN Munitions & Chlorine-DDT Mercatus Center, George Mason
> University = $80,000


Page: 1   (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron