Activism Discussion: Ed Koch: Giuliani - NASTY LIAR!

Ed Koch: Giuliani - NASTY LIAR!

Freedom Fighter
2007-04-12 16:19:12 EST
Rudy Giuliani, Nasty Man
By Ed Koch, former Mayor of New York
http://www.nypress.com/20/15/news&columns/opinion.cfm

Guiliani: Nasty Man is a book that I wrote in 2000 when Rudy was
considering running for the U.S. Senate against Hillary Clinton.
However, because he was then suffering from prostate cancer, Rudy
decided not to run. Today, he has not only recovered, he is the
Republican frontrunner in the race for president of the U.S. Now that
Rudy is back in the limelight, the publisher of Guiliani: Nasty Man,
Barricade Books, intends to republish it with a new introduction by
me.

Many political pundits believe that Republican Rudy and Democrat
Hillary will end up the nominees of their respective parties. I am
supporting Hillary. However, were she not the Democratic nominee, I
expect to support whichever Democrat wins the nomination.

In my opinion, it would be very harmful to our country if Rudy were to
become president. Rudy simply does not tell the truth when it suits
him not to. When he ran for mayor in 1993 against David Dinkins, Rudy
asked me to lunch with him, hoping to persuade me to support him. When
David Dinkins defeated me in the 1989 Democratic primary, I supported
him in the general election. David acknowledged the critical
importance of my support. I decided that I could not support him for
reelection in 1993 because of the 1991 Crown Heights riots, when black
mobs ran uncontrolled through the streets of Crown Heights in
anti-Semitic riots. Yankel Rosenbaum, a Lubavitcher Jew, was killed,
dozens were injured and homes and businesses were vandalized. The lack
of an adequate police response was attributed by Governor Cuomo's appointee,
Richard H. Girgenti, the state's criminal justice director, to Dinkins'
failure to take
charge and require the police to do their job and protect the Lubavitcher
community
from the raging mobs.

In 1993, I asked Rudy why he had the U.S. Marshal handcuff several
stockbrokers when leading them out of their offices after arresting
them, shaming them before their colleagues. He responded that he had
nothing to do with that decision, saying, "It was the agent's decision
because the brokers refused to leave, thinking the arrest was a joke."
I don't believe that is true.

I also asked Rudy why he allowed Sukhreet Gabel, daughter of the late
Justice Hortense Gabel, to tape her mother on the telephone in order
to provide evidence to help in the prosecution of her mother. Rudy
said that he had "told [Sukhreet] not to, but she inadvertently
pressed the wrong button and taped her." He went on, "I explained this
to the judge at the arraignment." I don't believe that is true.

His latest failed test of veracity, this time under oath, is best
explained by a New York Times' reporter's analysis of March 30, 2007.
The analysis related to Rudy's appearance before a grand jury
testifying on his appointment of Bernard Kerik as NYC Police
Commissioner. The article stated, "Rudolph W. Giuliani told a grand
jury that his former chief investigator remembered having briefed him
on some aspects of Bernard B. Kerik's relationship with a company
suspected of ties to organized crime before Mr. Kerik's appointment as
New York City police commissioner, according to court records. Mr.
Giuliani, testifying last year under oath . said he had no memory of
the briefing, but he did not dispute that it had taken place ... Mr.
Giuliani had previously said that he had never been told of Mr.
Kerik's entanglement with the company before promoting him to the
police job or later supporting his failed bid to be the nation's
homeland security secretary. In his testimony, given in April 2006,
Mr. Giuliani indicated that he must have simply forgotten that he had
been briefed on one or more occasions as part of the background
investigation of Mr. Kerik before his appointment to the police post."

Can you imagine Rudy accepting such testimony from a criminal
defendant? Is he any different than I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby who was
recently convicted of perjury, having relied on a defense of faulty
memory? Ridiculous. I don't believe Giuliani for a moment.

Rudy, who had supported gun control as mayor, but now seeking the
support of the Republican anti-gun control ranks, says his support for
controls only related to NYC. Not true, since he supported the Brady
Bill, which applied gun controls to the entire nation. The Times
reports, "As mayor of New York City, Rudolph W. Giuliani became the
favorite Republican of gun control advocates . But as a presidential
candidate, Mr. Giuliani now talks very differently about guns . as
mayor he advocated national standards, while recently he has said that
gun control issues should be decided by state and local governments."

There will be much more on Rudy's record as he is examined by the
national media. I believe the Giuliani myth is already starting to
unravel.

-------------------------
Though sworn to uphold our Constitution, by the end of 2002 the courts had
found Giuliani in violation of the First Amendment TWENTY SEVEN TIMES. Mayor
David Dinkins, his predecessor in office, bravely stated that Giuliani is
" - a bully, mean-spirited, and he rules through fear and intimidation." New
York's previous mayor, Ed Koch, has said that Giuliani " - uses the levers
of power to punish." Former schools Chancellor Rudy Crew, a one-time pal of
Giuliani, stated: "There's something very deeply pathological about Rudy's
humanity - - He was barren, completely emotionally barren, on the issue of
race." Giuliani's vile racism has even been acknowledged by his successor,
Mayor Bloomberg: "You forget that every single decision [in the Giuliani
administration], everybody, every story, everything was always couched in
terms of race" - quoted in the November 4, 2003 Daily News from Vanity Fair
magazine.

Among the many hypocrisies and arrogant abuses of power by "mayor morality"
was the assignment, at taxpayer expense, of several NYPD detectives as
round-the-clock bodyguards for his MISTRESS.

But the tyrant's own words say it best:

" - FREEDOM IS NOT A CONCEPT IN WHICH PEOPLE CAN DO ANYTHING
THEY WANT, BE ANYTHING THEY CAN BE. FREEDOM IS ABOUT AUTHORITY.
FREEDOM IS ABOUT THE WILLINGNESS OF EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING
TO CEDE TO LAWFUL AUTHORITY A GREAT DEAL OF DISCRETION ABOUT
WHAT YOU DO AND HOW YOU DO IT."
- Mayor Giuliani, quoted in the New York Times, March 17, 1994.

"State authority must provide for peace and order, and peace and order in
turn must conversely make possible the existence of state authority. Within
these two poles all life must now revolve...Ideas of 'freedom,' mostly of a
misunderstood nature, inject themselves into the state conceptions of these
circles." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf.

Berlin, Monday, Aug. 20, 1934 -- Eighty-nine and nine-tenths percent of the
German voters endorsed in yesterday's plebiscite Chancellor Hitler's
assumption of greater power than has ever been possessed by any other ruler
in modern times. Nearly 10 per cent indicated their disapproval. The result
was expected.

Gary S. Simon
2007-04-12 16:21:29 EST

Amazing.

Koch found a Republican he doesn't like.

Freedom Fighter
2007-04-12 16:32:04 EST
"Gary S. Simon" <garscosi@thisisatypo.pipeline.com> wrote in message

> Amazing.
>
> Koch found a Republican he doesn't like.

Actually Koch himself could be nasty at times, but he was a fairly decent
Mayor and compared to potential Hitler Giuliani, he was a Saint.

Ronald 'More-More' Moshki
2007-04-12 17:51:51 EST
On Apr 12, 4:32 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> "Gary S. Simon" <garsc...@thisisatypo.pipeline.com> wrote in messagenews:garscosi-E11E48.16221412042007@news.west.earthlink.net...
>

> > Amazing.
>
> > Koch found a Republican he doesn't like.
>
> Actually Koch himself could be nasty at times, but he was a fairly decent
> Mayor and compared to potential Hitler Giuliani, he was a Saint.

Ed C**bite vs Rudi The Dootie

R*@my-deja.com
2007-04-17 09:56:07 EST
On Apr 12, 4:32 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:

> Actually Koch himself could be nasty at times, but he was a fairly decent
> Mayor and compared to potential Hitler Giuliani, he was a Saint.

While it would be nice, in some ways, to finally see a New York
President; Giuliani's record should be examined and considered by the
public.

Roadrunner
2007-04-18 00:26:25 EST
r*1@my-deja.com wrote:
> On Apr 12, 4:32 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>

>>Actually Koch himself could be nasty at times, but he was a fairly decent
>>Mayor and compared to potential Hitler Giuliani, he was a Saint.
>

> While it would be nice, in some ways, to finally see a New York
> President; Giuliani's record should be examined and considered by the
> public.

========================

I'll buy that. The last thing this nation needs is another President
who has an inner voice that directs his actions, - rather than either
rationality, or the will of the people who elected him.

Mike.
===========

R*@my-deja.com
2007-04-24 13:38:40 EST
On Apr 18, 12:26 am, roadrunner <cerim...@erols.com> wrote:

> I'll buy that. The last thing this nation needs is another President
> who has an inner voice that directs his actions, - rather than either
> rationality, or the will of the people who elected him.
>
> Mike.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably
in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on...(*long awkward
pause*)...shame on you...(*long awkward pause*)...Fool me - you can't
get
fooled again." -GW Bush