Activism Discussion: Protesters: Take Note Of Schumacher Furs Update

Protesters: Take Note Of Schumacher Furs Update

Fredric L. Rice
2007-04-23 22:19:36 EST
This is long but worth reviewing. I've been watching this story
unfold since virtually day number one and have had to smile a LOT
along the way. These are my opinions and only my opinions.

Advocates who still picket and protest against the Scientology
corporation's crimes and abuses might make note of an article in the
http://www.oregonlive.com/ web site which offers a brief look at a
new lawsuit filed by an equally monsterous corporation called
"Schumacher Furs" (article "Furrier sues Portland, protesters."

At issue is the fact that the local citizens of Portland, Oregon
had decided to picket and protest the corporation for a period of
time, then when the Schumachers attempted to retaliate using all
of the usual tactics that the Scientology corporation does, local
citizens grew further and further outraged as the corporation's
attempts got ever more abusive and, well, Scientological.

The short-term picket and protest turned in to a weekly protest
outside of the corporation's place of business, always keeping in
full committment to the laws, freedoms, and rights that all such
citizens of the United States putatively hold.

The result was a massive loss of revenues for the company -- just
like the ARSCC and the endless exposures of Scientology has caused
massive loss of revenues for the Scientology crime syndicate.

The Schumachers tried everything that was legal, marginally legal,
and at times stressed the boundaries of criminality, including
doing typically Scientology-minded acts like trying to drown out
citizens by playing Christmas music way too loud, washing their
sidewalks during pickets and protests, calling in terrorist death
threats every time a single consumer advocate showed up outside
with a protest sign -- all the usual idiotic waste of tak-payer
dollars that Scientology engages in daily.

Because of the massive loss of revenues, Schumachers attempted to
hold "half off sales" during protests -- which didn't work. The
company even allegedly started either paying people or asking people
to pretend they were potential customers during the protests in
an attempt to make the citizens think their advocacy wasn't working
some how.

Along the way some really amusing and bizarre things happened, yet
none of the activities conducted by the advocates ever approached the
breaking of any laws. The corporation alleges all kinds of crimes
and blames the Portland police department for not arresting people
however they _couldn't_ arrest anyone because no laws were broken --
at least not by any of the activists.

One bizarre day consisted of activists getting naked outside of the
store with various messages about how it's better to be unclothed than
to wear some other animal's fur -- messages like that as well as a
wide, bewildering variety of messages. Activists took photographs of
the nude individuals, taking care to avoid photographing too clearly
the younger, "under-aged" girls who participated.

The monsters of the Schumacher Furs corporation, however, took their
own photographs -- just as the Scientology crime syndicate always does
only the Schumachers don't bundle them up in to "Knowledge Reports"
for shipping to London and to David Miscaviage for target shooting. A
blown-up poster of one "under-aged" young girl was posted against the
window of the Schumacher store in an attempt to embarrass the girl
however the local police department apparently ordered them to take
it down -- pornography.

Thus we had a rather interesting circumstance: The protesters who had
demonstrated by removing some or all of their clothes were engaged in
the practice of freedom of speech. No crime was committed because
there was no sexual component to the demonstration. Posting photos of
naked girls in their company's wondows _would_ be criminally actionable
since doing so wasn't a matter of protest -- it was malicious and it
was conceivably a public display of pornography.

Other Scientological abuses were committed by the Schumachers, including
hireing criminally violent "security guards" who shoved people out in
to traffic, including standing on street corners with their own signs
trying to cover up citizen's signs with their owns, and shoveing video
cameras in to local citizens' faces from three inches away trying to
pretend it's some how intimidating.

Several abuses were amusing: After some wonderfully artistic chalk
drawings were made on the public sidewalk outside of the monster's office,
allegedly the Schumachers telephoned the city company that's responsible
for cleaning public sidewalks -- something that I believe taxes go to
pay for.

The sidewalk cleaner crew showed up, hosed down the sidewalks to
remove the chalk drawings, and then informed the citizens that sidewalks
dry pretty fast, encourging citizens to restore their drawings -- since
the tactic of calling for sidewalk cleaning could only be done once.

So what we ended up with was the people of Portland, Oregon turning out
to oppose and punish a company that few wanted in their town -- and name
_one_ town that wants the notoriously criminal and abusive Scientology
corporation in _their_ town. The company's revenues were gutted and
the idiotic response was everything L. Ron Hubbard could have wrote
down and sold to a "W.I.S.E." sucker -- which made matters far worse
for the corporation.

Since the people of Portland had spoken, the Schumachers turned their
blame to the police department, virtually claiming collaboration and
denial of equality under the law -- while being utterly incapable of
coming up with any actual laws that had been broken.

So now the Schumachers are sueing everyone -- the police, various animal
rights groups that weren't involved, and amusingly, the stupidly insane
idiots are sueing the non-existant "Animal Liberation Front" which --
even if it _could_ exist -- couldn't have had any involvement in the
public, open, lawful consumer advocacy that destroyed the company.

Tellingly, the corporation is allegedly claiming "domestic terrorism"
was involved, latching on to the extremist hatred and bigotry that's
rampant in the United States once again. Because their destruction was
a matter of consumer advocacy, the corporation has to try to pretend
that "terrorists" were some how involved.

Sound familiar?

---
Christian terrorism murders another half a million people:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/

Dilbert Perkins
2007-04-23 23:38:59 EST
What a shame. I like wearing fur.

Fredric L. Rice wrote:
> [...]
> coming up with any actual laws that had been broken.
>
> So now the Schumachers are sueing everyone -- the police, various animal
> rights groups that weren't involved, and amusingly, the stupidly insane
> idiots are sueing the non-existant "Animal Liberation Front" which --
> even if it _could_ exist -- couldn't have had any involvement in the
> public, open, lawful consumer advocacy that destroyed the company.
>
> Tellingly, the corporation is allegedly claiming "domestic terrorism"
> was involved, latching on to the extremist hatred and bigotry that's
> rampant in the United States once again. Because their destruction was
> a matter of consumer advocacy, the corporation has to try to pretend
> that "terrorists" were some how involved.
>
> Sound familiar?
>
> ---
> Christian terrorism murders another half a million people:

Barbz
2007-04-24 01:07:30 EST
Dilbert Perkins wrote:
> What a shame. I like wearing fur.

Hrmph. Even at half price, I still couldn't afford it unless I harvest
it myself.

Here, kitty, kitty kitty!

--
"I'm for the separation of church and hate."

Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC(wdne)
x*b@netscape.net

Tim Howard
2007-04-24 01:15:07 EST
Fredric L. Rice wrote:
> This is long but worth reviewing. I've been watching this story
> unfold since virtually day number one and have had to smile a LOT
> along the way. These are my opinions and only my opinions.
>
> Advocates who still picket and protest against the Scientology
> corporation's crimes and abuses might make note of an article in the
> http://www.oregonlive.com/ web site which offers a brief look at a
> new lawsuit filed by an equally monsterous corporation called
> "Schumacher Furs" (article "Furrier sues Portland, protesters."
>
> At issue is the fact that the local citizens of Portland, Oregon
> had decided to picket and protest the corporation for a period of
> time, then when the Schumachers attempted to retaliate using all
> of the usual tactics that the Scientology corporation does, local
> citizens grew further and further outraged as the corporation's
> attempts got ever more abusive and, well, Scientological.

This is all very interesting but why do you keep bringing up the
unrelated topic of Scientology.

Dilbert Perkins
2007-04-24 01:36:08 EST
Oh, I've raised my own for years. It's cheaper.

barbz wrote:
> [...]
>>> coming up with any actual laws that had been broken.
>>>
>>> So now the Schumachers are sueing everyone -- the police, various animal
>>> rights groups that weren't involved, and amusingly, the stupidly insane
>>> idiots are sueing the non-existant "Animal Liberation Front" which --
>>> even if it _could_ exist -- couldn't have had any involvement in the
>>> public, open, lawful consumer advocacy that destroyed the company.
>>>
>>> Tellingly, the corporation is allegedly claiming "domestic terrorism"
>>> was involved, latching on to the extremist hatred and bigotry that's
>>> rampant in the United States once again. Because their destruction was
>>> a matter of consumer advocacy, the corporation has to try to pretend
>>> that "terrorists" were some how involved. Sound familiar?
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Christian terrorism murders another half a million people:

Antisectes
2007-04-24 08:45:24 EST
Fredric L. Rice wrote:

Excellent tale, Fred.

> [...]
>
> So now the Schumachers are sueing everyone -- the police, various
> animal rights groups that weren't involved, and amusingly, the
> stupidly insane idiots are sueing the non-existant "Animal Liberation
> Front" which -- even if it _could_ exist -- couldn't have had any
> involvement in the public, open, lawful consumer advocacy that
> destroyed the company.
>
> Tellingly, the corporation is allegedly claiming "domestic terrorism"
> was involved, latching on to the extremist hatred and bigotry that's
> rampant in the United States once again. Because their destruction
> was
> a matter of consumer advocacy, the corporation has to try to pretend
> that "terrorists" were some how involved.
>
> Sound familiar?
>
> ---
> Christian terrorism murders another half a million people:

2007-04-24 23:42:48 EST
Dilbert Perkins <dilbert.perkins@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>What a shame. I like wearing fur.

<heh> I have the PDF files containing some of the court filings wherein
the Schumachers make their amusingly outrageous conspiracy / terrorism
claims against local citizens. To suggest that they're everything a
Mary DeMoss is would be an understatement.