Activism Discussion: Will Clinton Disarm America?

Will Clinton Disarm America?
Posts: 53

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next  (First | Last)

Nomen Nescio
2007-08-21 19:50:06 EST
Consider that there are at least as many firearms--
handguns, rifles and shotguns--as there are citizens
of the United States. Consider that last year there were
more than 14 million Americans who bought licenses to
hunt deer in the country.

14 million-- that's a number greater than the largest
five professional armies in the world combined.

Consider also that those deer hunters are not only
armed, but they own items of military utility--
everything from camo clothing to infrared "game finders",
Global Positioning System devices and night vision
scopes.

Consider also that quite a few of these hunters are
military veterans. Just as moving around in the woods
and stalking game are second nature, military
operations are no mystery to them, especially those
who were on the receiving end of guerrilla war in
Southeast Asia. Indeed, such men, aging though they
may be, may be more psychologically prepared for the
exigencies of civil war(for this is what we are talking
about) than their younger active-duty brother-soldiers
whose only military experience involved neatly defined
enemies and fronts in the Grand Campaign against Saddam.


The Vicar
2007-08-21 19:51:06 EST
no



C*@Knicklas.com
2007-08-22 09:42:32 EST
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:50:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
<*y@dizum.com> wrote:

>Consider also that quite a few of these hunters are
>military veterans. Just as moving around in the woods
>and stalking game are second nature, military
>operations are no mystery to them, especially those
>who were on the receiving end of guerrilla war in
>Southeast Asia.

Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
identification of deer?


HeyBub
2007-08-22 11:18:47 EST
C*k@Knicklas.com wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:50:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
>> Consider also that quite a few of these hunters are
>> military veterans. Just as moving around in the woods
>> and stalking game are second nature, military
>> operations are no mystery to them, especially those
>> who were on the receiving end of guerrilla war in
>> Southeast Asia.
>
> Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
> identification of deer?

That's easy. There aren't any.



Steve
2007-08-22 11:33:53 EST

<*k@Knicklas.com> wrote in message
news:39foc3tmrv37n61dnej8an81ri8mnmkgti@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:50:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
> <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >Consider also that quite a few of these hunters are
> >military veterans. Just as moving around in the woods
> >and stalking game are second nature, military
> >operations are no mystery to them, especially those
> >who were on the receiving end of guerrilla war in
> >Southeast Asia.
>
> Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
> identification of deer?

How many would that be exactly and what percentage of total deer hunters
pull the trigger in such shootings?



Matt
2007-08-22 11:38:51 EST
On Aug 22, 9:18 am, "HeyBub" <heybubNOS...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cl...@Knicklas.com wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 01:50:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
> > <nob...@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >> Consider also that quite a few of these hunters are
> >> military veterans. Just as moving around in the woods
> >> and stalking game are second nature, military
> >> operations are no mystery to them, especially those
> >> who were on the receiving end of guerrilla war in
> >> Southeast Asia.
>
> > Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
> > identification of deer?
>
> That's easy. There aren't any.

None? Wow.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=5493
http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/accident-center.html

Seems like maybe there are more than 'none'.

Matt


HeyBub
2007-08-22 12:17:19 EST
Matt wrote:
>>> Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
>>> identification of deer?
>>
>> That's easy. There aren't any.
>
> None? Wow.
>
> http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=5493
> http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/accident-center.html
>
> Seems like maybe there are more than 'none'.
>

Well, no. Your first news report was from 2005 and the sheriff said "the
investigation is continuing." Note also that the shooting occurred after
dark (law violation).

Your second reference is a tabulation but nowhere in the tabulation was
there any qualification as to whether the deceased needed killing.

I did check the first sixteen on the list and none of them involved a
fatality. The seventeenth was indeed a report of death: Two pre-teen boys
were hunting rabbits with a pellet gun in a field behind their home. I guess
if you paint with a broad enough brush, this qualifies as a "hunting
homicide," but certainly not "mistaken identification of deer."

I didn't bother with the rest.

Your turn.




Benj
2007-08-22 13:02:03 EST

HeyBub wrote:
>
> I did check the first sixteen on the list and none of them involved a
> fatality. The seventeenth was indeed a report of death: Two pre-teen boys
> were hunting rabbits with a pellet gun in a field behind their home. I guess
> if you paint with a broad enough brush, this qualifies as a "hunting
> homicide," but certainly not "mistaken identification of deer."

Don't you love the way gun-grabbers just whip out the lies and then if
called on it simply name-call and say that pro-gunners are the liars?
It seems pretty clear from this bleeding heart ban-hunting site that
"mistaken identification for a turkey" is the most frequent accident.
I suppose that makes sense in the modern world! I suppose that excuse
would work for Cheney and the lawyer he shot. Gosh didn't Kerry
pretend to be a turkey hunter during the last election? I also loved
the hunter shot by his dog. You'd think that a dog would have the
skills to never have a "mistaken identification of a hunter for
game". :-)


Matt
2007-08-22 13:25:58 EST
On Aug 22, 11:02 am, Benj <bjac...@iwaynet.net> wrote:
> HeyBub wrote:
>
> > I did check the first sixteen on the list and none of them involved a
> > fatality. The seventeenth was indeed a report of death: Two pre-teen boys
> > were hunting rabbits with a pellet gun in a field behind their home. I guess
> > if you paint with a broad enough brush, this qualifies as a "hunting
> > homicide," but certainly not "mistaken identification of deer."
>
> Don't you love the way gun-grabbers just whip out the lies and then if
> called on it simply name-call and say that pro-gunners are the liars?
> It seems pretty clear from this bleeding heart ban-hunting site that
> "mistaken identification for a turkey" is the most frequent accident.
> I suppose that makes sense in the modern world! I suppose that excuse
> would work for Cheney and the lawyer he shot. Gosh didn't Kerry
> pretend to be a turkey hunter during the last election? I also loved
> the hunter shot by his dog. You'd think that a dog would have the
> skills to never have a "mistaken identification of a hunter for
> game". :-)

Haven't recently tried to ban any guns, so I don't count as a "gun
grabber".
Grabbing a gun out of someone's hand is sure to result in either
severe
humiliation for the holder, or in me being shot. I'm getting older,
not sure I'm
that fast anymore.

As far as the rest of it goes, I didn't "whip out any lies". I
responded to a
statement with proof it was false. That would make the original poster
a liar,
by the way.

Matt


Matt
2007-08-22 13:28:07 EST
On Aug 22, 10:17 am, "HeyBub" <heybubNOS...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> >>> Then why all the shooting deaths because of "mistaken"
> >>> identification of deer?
>
> >> That's easy. There aren't any.
>
> > None? Wow.
>
> >http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=5493
> >http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/accident-center.html
>
> > Seems like maybe there are more than 'none'.
>
> Well, no. Your first news report was from 2005 and the sheriff said "the
> investigation is continuing." Note also that the shooting occurred after
> dark (law violation).

Um, I don't recall you putting conditions on it. You made the claim
that
there were no shootings for people mistaken as deer. In fact, there
have
been.


>
> Your second reference is a tabulation but nowhere in the tabulation was
> there any qualification as to whether the deceased needed killing.

Needed killing? When did THAT enter into it?

>
> I did check the first sixteen on the list and none of them involved a
> fatality. The seventeenth was indeed a report of death: Two pre-teen boys
> were hunting rabbits with a pellet gun in a field behind their home. I guess
> if you paint with a broad enough brush, this qualifies as a "hunting
> homicide," but certainly not "mistaken identification of deer."

Really. You didn't read too well.

VERNON, Fla. -- A Jacksonville man was shot and killed accidentally by
his brother while the two were hunting in the Panhandle, a Florida
Fish and Wildlife spokesman said.

While the two were on the family's Washington County property
Wednesday, 24-year-old Christopher Bland climbed out of a tree stand.

Apparently Bland's brother, Joseph Bland, 22, who was standing about
55 yards away, thought his brother was a deer and shot him, the
spokesman said.

Matt

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next  (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron