Activism Discussion: Diversity

Diversity
Posts: 6

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Topaz
2007-08-31 16:44:22 EST
Diversity May Not Be The Answer
Gregory Rodriguez -- Los Angeles Times
http://www.miamiherald.com/851/story/207371.ht ml

... You've heard the rap: Diversity is our strength. We should
celebrate it, blah, blah, blah. ... But according to a provocative new
study by Robert Putnam, one of America's preeminent political
scientists, it's just not true. ... Diversity, he argues, is turning
us into a nation of turtles, hunkered down with our heads in our
shells. According to the study, there is a strong positive
relationship between interracial trust and ethnic homogeneity. In
other words, the less diverse your community, the more likely you are
to trust the people in it who are different from you. The flip side is
also true: The more ethnically diverse the people you live around, the
less you trust them.
http://www.ihr.org/ http://www.natvan.com

http://www.thebirdman.org http://www.nsm88.com/

http://wsi.matriots.com/jews.html

Tim Howard
2007-09-01 23:33:54 EST
Topaz wrote:
> Diversity May Not Be The Answer
> Gregory Rodriguez -- Los Angeles Times
> http://www.miamiherald.com/851/story/207371.ht ml
>
> ... You've heard the rap: Diversity is our strength. We should
> celebrate it, blah, blah, blah. ... But according to a provocative new
> study by Robert Putnam, one of America's preeminent political
> scientists, it's just not true. ... Diversity, he argues, is turning
> us into a nation of turtles, hunkered down with our heads in our
> shells. According to the study, there is a strong positive
> relationship between interracial trust and ethnic homogeneity. In
> other words, the less diverse your community, the more likely you are
> to trust the people in it who are different from you. The flip side is
> also true: The more ethnically diverse the people you live around, the
> less you trust them.

I have heard of this study and perhaps it is accurate. The question is:
Is this trust and mistrust on people's part justified?

Topaz
2007-09-02 09:02:06 EST
On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 20:33:54 -0700, Tim Howard
<*d@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>Topaz wrote:
>> Diversity May Not Be The Answer
>> Gregory Rodriguez -- Los Angeles Times
>> http://www.miamiherald.com/851/story/207371.ht ml
>>
>> ... You've heard the rap: Diversity is our strength. We should
>> celebrate it, blah, blah, blah. ... But according to a provocative new
>> study by Robert Putnam, one of America's preeminent political
>> scientists, it's just not true. ... Diversity, he argues, is turning
>> us into a nation of turtles, hunkered down with our heads in our
>> shells. According to the study, there is a strong positive
>> relationship between interracial trust and ethnic homogeneity. In
>> other words, the less diverse your community, the more likely you are
>> to trust the people in it who are different from you. The flip side is
>> also true: The more ethnically diverse the people you live around, the
>> less you trust them.
>
>I have heard of this study and perhaps it is accurate. The question is:
> Is this trust and mistrust on people's part justified?

I would say yes. The fact is that the difference between meeting a
unknown Black man in a back alley or something and meeting a White
stranger is the same as the difference between meeting a man and a
woman.

You don't worry if you see a woman. It's possible she might have a gun
but you don't worry. If you see a man you are alert and careful. If
you see a Black man you are worried. The crime statistics prove it.
The gut feelings are correct.


http://www.ihr.org/ http://www.natvan.com

http://www.thebirdman.org http://www.nsm88.com/

http://wsi.matriots.com/jews.html

Tim Howard
2007-09-03 01:53:42 EST
Topaz wrote:
But according to a provocative new
>>> study by Robert Putnam, one of America's preeminent political
>>> scientists, it's just not true. ... Diversity, he argues, is turning
>>> us into a nation of turtles, hunkered down with our heads in our
>>> shells. According to the study, there is a strong positive
>>> relationship between interracial trust and ethnic homogeneity. In
>>> other words, the less diverse your community, the more likely you are
>>> to trust the people in it who are different from you. The flip side is
>>> also true: The more ethnically diverse the people you live around, the
>>> less you trust them.

>> I have heard of this study and perhaps it is accurate. The question is:
>> Is this trust and mistrust on people's part justified?
>
> I would say yes. The fact is that the difference between meeting a
> unknown Black man in a back alley or something and meeting a White
> stranger is the same as the difference between meeting a man and a
> woman.
>
> You don't worry if you see a woman. It's possible she might have a gun
> but you don't worry. If you see a man you are alert and careful. If
> you see a Black man you are worried. The crime statistics prove it.
> The gut feelings are correct.

You are missing two important points. First, the subjects of this study
are not strangers in a back alley, they are one's neighbors and
community members, so they are not unknown and perhaps not even
unfamiliar. Second, this study was applied in general terms, so it is
also blacks who are not trusting whites, etc.

Topaz
2007-09-03 06:30:42 EST
On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:53:42 -0700, Tim Howard
<*d@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>
>You are missing two important points. First, the subjects of this study
>are not strangers in a back alley, they are one's neighbors and
>community members, so they are not unknown and perhaps not even
>unfamiliar. Second, this study was applied in general terms, so it is
>also blacks who are not trusting whites, etc.

As for the first one, most people around a community are strangers.
But if they are your own kind everything is fine.

As for the second one, that is all the more reason to separate the
races.

The Jews made a movie called "The House on Carroll Street". As soon as
the movie begins Whites would like it because it's around 1946. Look
how White everybody is. It looks so good. You trust your neighbors and
everything is normal and how it should be. Men and women dress
differently and are different. The main actress is a blonde and looks
like she should be starring in a NS movie.

Then you find out that the "bad guys" in the movie are Nazi.

Everything good in the movie is what the Nazi were fighting for. Look
how non-White everything is getting now. The way things are going,
blondes like this actress will no longer exist. And America will
become a third world country.


http://www.ihr.org/ http://www.natvan.com

http://www.thebirdman.org http://www.nsm88.com/

http://wsi.matriots.com/jews.html

Tim Howard
2007-09-03 23:35:42 EST
Topaz wrote:

> The Jews made a movie called "The House on Carroll Street". As soon as
> the movie begins Whites would like it because it's around 1946. Look
> how White everybody is. It looks so good. You trust your neighbors and
> everything is normal and how it should be. Men and women dress
> differently and are different. The main actress is a blonde and looks
> like she should be starring in a NS movie.
>
I do not remember this movie. I looked it up on the 'net and apparently
it was a flop and panned by critics. I guess the evil Jew plot failed
that time huh? Anyway that blond actress you refer to must be Kelly
McGillis. Did you know she is a lesbian?

> Then you find out that the "bad guys" in the movie are Nazi.
>
This is hardly a shocking message, except to right-wingers like you.

I told you once that someday I would tell you of a movie you should see,
since you are always talking about movies such as Brokeback Mountain.
This is the perfect time to tell you of another movie I am sure you have
not seen. The 2005 Best Picture Oscar winner "Crash".

"The film depicts several characters living in Los Angeles during a
36-hour period and brings them together through car accidents,
shootings, and carjackings. Most of the characters depicted in the film
are racially prejudiced in some way and become involved in conflicts
which force them to examine their own prejudices. Through these
characters' interactions, the film attempts to depict and examine not
only racial tension but the distance between strangers in America."

> Everything good in the movie is what the Nazi were fighting for. Look
> how non-White everything is getting now. The way things are going,
> blondes like this actress will no longer exist. And America will
> become a third world country.
>
The % of whites per the population is going down in America and in the
world as a whole, but the number of whites is not going down, just
staying about the same. If you want non-whites to stop having so many
kids, then you should support economic equality because when people are
in a higher economic status they have less children.
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron