Activism Discussion: NY Governor Eliot Spitzer Filed Legal Brief Helped Silverstein Win $4.5 Billion WTC Insurance Windfall

NY Governor Eliot Spitzer Filed Legal Brief Helped Silverstein Win $4.5 Billion WTC Insurance Windfall

GovShill
2007-09-17 01:03:16 EST
On Sep 17, 3:24 pm, Ramabriga <Ramabr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow! What a scheme.

I'm gonna get some of that action myself. If I torch my car and then
claim the insurance I should get $20K. Then I go out and by another
car for $20K. After paying for a rental while the paperwork is done
I'll be ahead ... Hang on...

Shill #2
What is the flaw in this plan?

Marinus Van Der Lubbe
2007-09-17 01:21:38 EST
GovShill wrote:
> On Sep 17, 3:24 pm, Ramabriga <Ramabr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wow! What a scheme.
>
> I'm gonna get some of that action myself. If I torch my car and then
> claim the insurance I should get $20K. Then I go out and by another
> car for $20K. After paying for a rental while the paperwork is done
> I'll be ahead ... Hang on...
>
> Shill #2
> What is the flaw in this plan?

It will work if you remember to get your governor to file an amicus
brief on your behalf.

--
9/11 was a special day, when the laws of physics were suspended to allow
three steel frame buildings to collapse from fire/smoke. It was also

Ramabriga
2007-09-17 01:24:38 EST
On the 6th anniversary of the 9/11 attack, Brooklyn activist newspaper the New York
Megaphone breaks this exclusive story:

NY Governor Eliot Spitzer filed an amicus brief on 1/15/03 on behalf of the World Trade
Center's controversial lease-holder, the real estate magnate Larry Silverstein. This
document shows that Spitzer, as Attorney General, helped Silverstein get the whopping
$4.5 billion windfall for the 9/11 attacks. The record is clear: Spitzer helped reverse
a lower court's decision, by making credible Silverstein's argument that the two
different plane crashes on 9/11/01 should be compensated as two different terrorist
attacks.

This amicus brief has never been reported before today, in print or online. It was
discovered in the court archives on the 17th floor of the 2nd Circuit Court (NYC), and
released to the New York Megaphone by attorney Carl Person. In reporter Sander Hicks's
exclusive story, author and lawyer Carl Person says: "I was surprised to see that
Spitzer had used his position as attorney general to support one private litigant over
another. Normally, this is not done."

Hicks' story also covers Governor Spitzer's recent scandals with police spying on rival
Joe Bruno, the Roger Stone voice mail threat, as well as new information and interviews
regarding the Spitzer links to Kroll executives Michael Cherkasky and Jerome Hauer.
Hicks hands in an original interview with Jerome Hauer, probing his documented links to
anthrax suspect Steven Hatfill. Hauer is widely believed to be the source of the White
House's foreknowledge about the anthrax attacks on 9/11/01.

In 2004, Eliot Spitzer was asked to investigate 9/11 by 66% of New Yorkers. Those pleas
were ignored. 51% of the USA wants Bush and Cheney investigated for 9/11, according to
a Zogby poll last week.

This is the 6th issue of the New York Megaphone, a quarterly newspaper published by
activist writers and "Citizen Journalists Pursuing the Unreported Story" at the Vox Pop
coffeehouse and community center in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn. http://voxpopnet.net

"The Real Spitzer Scandal" is currently distributed in a print run of 40,000 for the
Fall NY Megaphone, distributed throughout NYC. Circulation is estimated to be over
62,000. "The Real Spitzer Scandal" is also online, free and in full, at
http://www.nymegaphone.com/node/24 This issue of the New York Megaphone also includes a
wide variety of quality original reporting, small business features, and humor.

Hicks' original interview with "bio-terror expert" Jerome Hauer is at
http://www.voxpopnet.net/podcasts/hauer.mp3

The Spitzer/Silverstein Amicus Brief is at: http://voxpopnet.net/Documents/spitzerbrief.pdf

The story was reported and written by Sander Hicks, with reporting help from Igor
Kossov and Kempshall McAndrew.

Contact: Sander Hicks, Publisher, NY Megaphone
718 940 2084 sander@voxpopnet.net
http://nymegaphone.com

TO CONTACT GOVERNOR SPITZER'S NYC PR OFFICE:
Jennifer Givner
j*r@chamber.state.ny.us
212 681 4640

[Ed.: See also, The Nation’s Top Ten Worst State Attorneys General]
______________________________

"The Real Spitzer Scandal"

“Eliot Spitzer is like the good-looking bouncer in a bar, who is secretly dealing
drugs,” explained forensic microbiologist Mike Copass. We were in a San Diego bar this
July, down near the water in Ocean Beach. Copass had acted as a facilitator of San
Diego’s 9/11 Citizen’s Grand Jury, an extra-legal group which mounted a mock trial in
April.

Copass has degrees from Stanford and Harvard, and an eager glint in his eye. Despite
his preppy appearance, Copass makes some pretty radical allegations: that Eliot Spitzer
acted as a firewall, preventing public disclosure of his friends’ roles in the anthrax
attacks that occurred shortly after 9/11, in addition to facilitating his associates’
windfall from the bloated insurance pay-outs at the World Trade Center. He even accuses
Spitzer of covering up the real perpetrators of the 9/11 attack itself.

Last fall, Eliot Spitzer was swept into the governor’s mansion with 70 per cent of the
vote. His public reputation was that of a heroic fighter of white collar crime. Earlier
he bragged about being “very close” to Hillary Clinton. He hinted he wouldn’t refuse an
invitation to run for vice president, if his friend Hillary got the nomination.

But this summer in Albany, the Spitzer façade cracked. Instead of creating consensus,
Spitzer’s team spent its time plotting to unseat Republican rivals in the Legislature
sometimes at the ballot box, sometimes using the police. His own attorney general,
Andrew Cuomo, is now investigating the governor’s office’s misuse of state troopers to
monitor political rival Joe Bruno. To minority leader James Tedisco, Spitzer recently
snapped, “I’m a fucking steamroller, and I’ll roll over you.”

No major media outlet has paid attention to the San Diego Citizens Grand Jury’s
indictments of Rudy Giuliani, or his former “terror-expert” Jerome Hauer. The Megaphone
received documents recently that indicate Eliot Spitzer’s social connections may be
preventing him from investigating 9/11. There’s a scandal in Albany, but police spying
on Bruno is just the tip of the iceberg.

Spitzer & Silverstein: The Amicus Brief

Prescient New York real estate baron Larry Silverstein became primary lease-holder on
the World Trade Center a mere six weeks before 9/11. It had never changed hands before.
For a down payment, Silverstein put up only $14 million of his own money, and his
friends at the powerful investment bank Blackstone Group kicked in another $111
million. After 9/11, Silverstein demanded a whopping $7 billion insurance payout, in
the form of two $3.5 billion payments. He argued the two different plane crashes were
two separate “occurrences” of two separate attacks.

The Megaphone has now learned that as attorney general, Spitzer got involved behind the
scenes, and in the courts, filing an amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) brief on
Silverstein’s behalf on Jan. 15, 2003. For years, this brief languished in the files of
the public records room on the 17th floor of the Second Circuit Court in Manhattan,
until it was discovered and brought to The New York Megaphone by NYC attorney and
author Carl Person. The court ended up agreeing with Spitzer and Silverstein,
over-turning the decision of a lower court. Spitzer helped midwife a fat compromise and
an eventual $4.5 billion payout for Silverstein. The Megaphone’s multiple requests for
comment from Governor Spitzer were ignored.

Attorney Carl Person told The Megaphone, “I was surprised to see that Spitzer had used
his position as attorney general to support one private litigant over another.
Normally, this is not done…Silverstein could well have been someone who destroyed
evidence concerning the 9/11 events by apparently ordering or consenting to the tearing
(pulling) down of 7 WTC and the removal of the debris from his multiple ground leased
premises thereafter.”

Silverstein’s World Trade Center Building 7 collapsed at 5:20 p.m. on 9/11 without
being hit by an airplane. Thirty-seven eyewitnesses working on the ground as
firefighters, EMTs, and reporters, recalled being warned in advance the tower was
coming down. The official story however, claims a fire ignited a fuel tank in the
building, hastening its sudden collapse.

WTC 7 was the NY headquarters of CIA and the SEC office investigating Enron. 9/11
skeptics believe the building was taken down by controlled demolition. Larry
Silverstein himself said in a 2002 episode of PBS’s Frontline that on 9/11 he recalled
remarking, "Maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it…they made that decision to pull
and we watched the building collapse." Silverstein later claimed that by “pull,” he
meant removing firefighters, not pulling the building down. However, all firefighters
had been “pulled” from the building three hours earlier.

The Kroll Connection

This past August, another scandal radiated from the Spitzer circle. This time it was
Nixon’s arch-strategist Roger Stone leaving a threatening voice mail for Spitzer’s dad,
Bernard. Stone allegedly claimed he would subpoena the elder Spitzer for the $5 million
in illegal loans Spitzer senior made to his son during his 1998 Attorney General
campaign. Stone denied he had made the call. To prove he did, the Spitzer family hired
Kroll Associates to trace the call. Why Kroll? Spitzer has a long relationship with
this powerful, cryptic security company.

Kroll’s CEO on 9/11 was one of Spitzer’s old mentors from the Manhattan DA’s office,
Michael Cherkasky. Cherkasky investigated bank BCCI (which had links to both Islamic
terror and the CIA), and the mysterious 1993 World Trade Center (WTC) bombing.
Cherkasky’s 2002 book Forewarned: Why the Government is Failing to Protect Us, and What
We Must Do to Protect Ourselves is a confused mix of fear-mongering and insider’s
analysis. He sheepishly admits that the CIA was in part culpable for the 1993 WTC
bombing, since they helped pull known terrorist “Blind Sheikh” Abdel bin-Rahman into
the country. Cherkasky admits the FBI had a mole inside Rahman’s 1993 WTC bombing cell,
and lays blame for the bombing on the FBI.

After observing the 1993 WTC bombing as an operation penetrated by CIA and FBI,
Cherkasky became head of Kroll, the “the CIA of Wall Street.” Kroll took on the
management of WTC after the 1993 bombing. Blackstone Group, the same financiers who
backed the Larry Silverstein, have also been involved with Kroll, owning big chunks of
Kroll stock on occasion, according to SEC reports.

Cherkasky has donated $14,500 to Eliot Spitzer's political campaigns.

The Anthrax Connection

Eliot Spitzer’s connection to key 9/11 players extends to fellow life-long Democrat,
Jerome Hauer, managing director of Kroll on 9/11. Only Jerome Hauer and his former
boss, Rudolph Giuliani, were also indicted by the San Diego Citizens Grand Jury.

According to Bay Area News (a San Francisco-bay based publication) and Wikipedia,
Jerome Hauer warned the Bush White House to go on Cipro, the anti-anthrax drug, on
9/11/01. Hauer denied this allegation to The Megaphone. The White House did go on
Cipro. Six days later, the anthrax attacks started, and sent the country back into
paroxysms of terror.

Government watchdog group Judicial Watch demanded to know who warned the Bush White
House, but not the public, about anthrax. The White House stonewalled their Freedom of
Information Act requests.

“I read that the White House did know, and they went on the antibiotics,” says Judicial
Watch founder Larry Klayman. He got involved because, “African American employees at
Brentwood [US Postal Facility] were basically left out there to twist in the wind when
the white guys up on Capitol Hill got immediate treatment.”

Post-9/11, Jerome Hauer went on to be Coordinator of the National Institute of Health's
investigation of anthrax deaths. His report blamed Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. That
assertion has been widely discredited, since the five deaths in 2001 were from a fine,
“weaponized” form of anthrax, the “Ames Strain” that only the U.S. military and U.S.
federal government possessed.

On 9/11, Jerome Hauer appeared on television with Dan Rather. Rather posited that the
9/11 attacks must have had state sponsorship. Hauer urged Rather to blame Bin Laden
only. When Rather voiced suspicions about the way the buildings fell, Hauer offered
that they simply came down because they were hit by a plane. Without an investigation,
Hauer somehow knew two major parts of 9/11’s official story before it emerged.

Hauer is a biological terrorism expert whose resume includes time at Science
Applications International Corp (SAIC), a military contractor doing work in nuclear
issues and psy-ops, and Bioport, manufacturer of the controversial anthrax vaccine.

Jerry Hauer and anthrax go way back. In May of 1998, he spoke at the Council on Foreign
Relations on the topic of "Building a 'Biobomb': Terrorist Challenge." That evening
Hauer co-presented on the topic Steven Hatfill. Yes, that Steven Hatfill, the one who
later became the FBI’s prime suspect in the anthrax mailings. A year after their CFR
presentations, Hatfill and Hauer would become coworkers at SAIC's Center for
Counterterrorism Technology and Analysis.

Hatfill had worked at Ft. Detrick, the U.S. Army’s bio-weapons lab in Maryland. Hatfill
was never convicted, nor even prosecuted, for anything. Today he’s suing reporters for
defamation. On Aug. 15, a judge ruled that five top national reporters would have to
reveal confidential government sources who fingered Hatfill.

In his interview with The Megaphone, Hauer repeatedly referred to the Grand Jury as “a
bunch of nutjobs” and he defended Steven Hatfill. But when asked directly if Hatfill
was innocent, Hauer was less than clear:

“I think that the FBI should not have said anything about Hatfill until they knew more.
I do not believe Hatfill is a murderer. And I think Steve Hatfill is very passionate,
but I don’t think he’s a murderer, and I don’t believe he did it.”

Hauer was not willing to conclusively say that Hatfill was uninvolved in the anthrax
attacks, stating, “I’m not going to get into those details.”

Of the five people who died from anthrax exposure, one was a New Yorker. Kathy Nguyen,
a hospital worker in the Bronx, was a victim of inhalation anthrax. She died alone in a
hospital on October 31, 2001.

A 2004 petition gathered 100,000 signatures begging then-Attorney General Eliot Spitzer
to investigate the real source of the 2001 attacks. A Zogby poll that year likewise
found that 66 per cent of voters wanted Eliot Spitzer, to tackle these tough questions.
What those poll respondents didn’t know is that Spitzer can’t investigate 9/11 or
anthrax. He would have to indict his friends from Kroll, Jerry Hauer and Michael
Cherkasky. That’s the real scandal.

To listen to Sander Hicks’s interview with Jerry Hauer, or see the Spitzer/Silverstein
Amicus Brief in full, log onto the new www.nymegaphone.com. Your comments are welcome.

More info on Vox Pop:

The place for "Books, Coffee, Democracy," Vox Pop is a vibrant, fair-trade,
community-empowering, consciousness-raising space, on Cortelyou Road, in Flatbush,
Brooklyn. In three years, Vox Pop has spawned new activist groups, redefined "community
development", and published a muck-raking tabloid, The New York Megaphone.

More info on Sander Hicks:

Sander Hicks is one of the most provocative media activists of his generation. He runs
the Drench Kiss Media Corporation's retail dynamo, "Vox Pop." In 1996, he founded Soft
Skull Press, Inc. (acquired in 2007 by Winton & Shoemaker). In 2003, Hicks was star of
"Horns and Halos" (HBO/Cinemax) the independent publishing documentary that recorded
Hicks's attempts to get unpopular truths out about G.W.Bush, through the biography
Fortunate Son (Soft Skull, 1999). His own book, The Big Wedding (Vox Pop, 2005) breaks
new ground on the working-class intelligence assets and whistle-blowers who tried to
stop 9/11 from happening. Hicks has reported for Alternet, GNN, Long Island Press, New
York Press, and INN World Report Television (FSTV, Dish Network).

BDK
2007-09-17 15:53:37 EST
In article <C9oHi.27120$eY.23986@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net>,
m*l@reichstagbundt.de says...
> GovShill wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 3:24 pm, Ramabriga <Ramabr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Wow! What a scheme.
> >
> > I'm gonna get some of that action myself. If I torch my car and then
> > claim the insurance I should get $20K. Then I go out and by another
> > car for $20K. After paying for a rental while the paperwork is done
> > I'll be ahead ... Hang on...
> >
> > Shill #2
> > What is the flaw in this plan?
> >

> It will work if you remember to get your governor to file an amicus
> brief on your behalf.
>

> --
> 9/11 was a special day, when the laws of physics were suspended to allow
> three steel frame buildings to collapse from fire/smoke. It was also
> special in that the Air Force took the day off from protecting the
> Eastern Corridor of the USA.

Damn, are you really that clueless?

You rarely even break even on a property insurance claim, and
Silverstein won't either. Not even close.

Lost rent while lease payments continue.
Deductibles.
Legal fees.
Construction overruns, screwups, and delays, delays, delays.
Cost of replacing buildings!

Have an insurance guy explain it to you!!

I hope you guys don't do you own taxes, or balance your own checkbook,
if you do, you're gonna be so screwed!

BDK

James Of Tucson
2007-09-17 17:18:27 EST
On Sep 17, 12:53 pm, BDK <B...@magicsteel.com> wrote:

> I hope you guys don't do you own taxes, or balance your own checkbook,
> if you do, you're gonna be so screwed!

It's not hard when all you have to account for is cashing government
checks at the liquor store, getting $4.00 vodka, and spending the rest
on the phone bill for the dial-up internet access so they can post
here all day long. How tough can it be?

Marinus Van Der Lubbe
2007-09-17 21:22:12 EST
James Of Tucson wrote:
> On Sep 17, 12:53 pm, BDK <B...@magicsteel.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope you guys don't do you own taxes, or balance your own checkbook,
>> if you do, you're gonna be so screwed!
>
> It's not hard when all you have to account for is cashing government
> checks at the liquor store, getting $4.00 vodka, and spending the rest
> on the phone bill for the dial-up internet access so they can post
> here all day long. How tough can it be?

Wait a minute, you think Silverstein owned the WTC? No one wants to
build a white elephant like those buildings. It was owned by NYC.

No, this was an insurance payout on a portion of Larry Silverstein's
$3.2 billion 99-year leasehold. I say a portion, because he did not use
up all 99 years. He used up six months. Larry was losing money and was
set-up to lose more because he had to pay for the removal of asbestos.
It really looked suspicious, that Larry not only knew the buildings
would be attacked by "terrorists," but they would not be left standing, too.

Vandar
2007-09-17 21:42:23 EST
Marinus van der Lubbe wrote:

> James Of Tucson wrote:
>
>> On Sep 17, 12:53 pm, BDK <B...@magicsteel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I hope you guys don't do you own taxes, or balance your own checkbook,
>>> if you do, you're gonna be so screwed!
>>

>> It's not hard when all you have to account for is cashing government
>> checks at the liquor store, getting $4.00 vodka, and spending the rest
>> on the phone bill for the dial-up internet access so they can post
>> here all day long. How tough can it be?
>>

> Wait a minute, you think Silverstein owned the WTC? No one wants to
> build a white elephant like those buildings. It was owned by NYC.
>
> No, this was an insurance payout on a portion of Larry Silverstein's
> $3.2 billion 99-year leasehold. I say a portion, because he did not use
> up all 99 years. He used up six months. Larry was losing money and was
> set-up to lose more because he had to pay for the removal of asbestos.
> It really looked suspicious, that Larry not only knew the buildings
> would be attacked by "terrorists," but they would not be left standing,
> too.

He was the lease holder for a mere two months and knew neither of those
things.

BDK
2007-09-18 06:31:27 EST
In article <9LFHi.4726$7P7.345@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,
m*l@reichstagbundt.de says...
> James Of Tucson wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 12:53 pm, BDK <B...@magicsteel.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I hope you guys don't do you own taxes, or balance your own checkbook,
> >> if you do, you're gonna be so screwed!
> >
> > It's not hard when all you have to account for is cashing government
> > checks at the liquor store, getting $4.00 vodka, and spending the rest
> > on the phone bill for the dial-up internet access so they can post
> > here all day long. How tough can it be?
> >

> Wait a minute, you think Silverstein owned the WTC? No one wants to
> build a white elephant like those buildings. It was owned by NYC.
>
> No, this was an insurance payout on a portion of Larry Silverstein's
> $3.2 billion 99-year leasehold. I say a portion, because he did not use
> up all 99 years. He used up six months. Larry was losing money and was
> set-up to lose more because he had to pay for the removal of asbestos.
> It really looked suspicious, that Larry not only knew the buildings
> would be attacked by "terrorists," but they would not be left standing, too.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. You need to take a break from the
kookpages. Seriously.

BDK

Investigative Studies
2007-09-19 04:49:23 EST
Elliot Spitzer is one of the best men we could have as president in America

Whoever is in charge of his website, however, would do well to put some
better, full color photos up instead of these funny B&W photos which don't
look so good

http://www.spitzer2010.com/