Activism Discussion: Good Groups In Pakistan?

Good Groups In Pakistan?

Dan Clore

Does anyone know of any good groups in Pakistan? Groups that deserve
support?

Preferably anarchist, libertarian, progressive, and the like, but at
least worthy of support.

There's the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
(http://www.rawa.org/ ), the Iraq Freedom Congress
(http://www.ifcongress.com/English/index.htm ), and so on, but what
about Pakistan?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dan Clore

http://tinyurl.com/3akhhr
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

in charge on this island?
Professor: Why, no one.
Skipper: No one?

Dan Clore
2008-01-07 05:07:14 EST
Dan Clore wrote:
> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>
> Does anyone know of any good groups in Pakistan? Groups that deserve
> support?

I guess not.

--
Dan Clore

http://tinyurl.com/3akhhr
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

Bruce Scott TOK
2008-01-07 09:50:56 EST
Dan Clore wrote:
>Dan Clore wrote:
>> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>>
>> Does anyone know of any good groups in Pakistan? Groups that deserve
>> support?
>
>I guess not.

How about the Supreme Court?

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

Dan Clore
2008-01-07 20:08:02 EST
Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
> Dan Clore wrote:
>> Dan Clore wrote:
>>> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of any good groups in Pakistan? Groups that deserve
>>> support?
>> I guess not.
>
> How about the Supreme Court?

What about them?

--
Dan Clore

http://tinyurl.com/3akhhr
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

Bruce Scott TOK
2008-01-08 08:02:03 EST
Dan Clore wrote:
>Bruce Scott TOK wrote:

>> How about the Supreme Court?
>
>What about them?

The main establishment force for rule of law.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

Dan Clore
2008-01-08 09:43:06 EST
Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
> Dan Clore wrote:
>> Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
>
>>> How about the Supreme Court?
>> What about them?
>
> The main establishment force for rule of law.

Okay, but it's still not really the sort of group I was thinking of. Do
you know of any good NGOs in Pakistan?

--
Dan Clore

http://tinyurl.com/3akhhr
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

Bruce Scott TOK
2008-01-08 13:39:06 EST
Dan Clore wrote:
>Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
>> Dan Clore wrote:

>>> What about them?
>>
>> The main establishment force for rule of law.
>
>Okay, but it's still not really the sort of group I was thinking of. Do
>you know of any good NGOs in Pakistan?

Oh that.. I don't have any direct experience. Lots of groups are found
via google on Pakistan NGOs

One of the sites is http://www.net-ngo.com/

One group I've heard good things about is

http://www.net-ngo.com/nexrecord.cfm?record=270&category=Human%20Rights

Human Rights Group of Pakistan - HRGP
h*k@post.com
Main Office in Karachi, Sindh.
[The Trust Act, 1882]

There are some others... the best known are connected to the Aga Khan.
Which one is best for your purposes is up to you... don't forget how
big a country Pakistan is.

Since Musharraf called the emergency there are a lot of problems. Here
is an article (in German) from Qantara.de about it:

http://www.qantara.de/webcom/show_article.php/_c-468/_nr-836/i.html?PHPSESSID=5

Verfolgung von NGOs in Pakistan
Damoklesschwert Ueber den Koepfen