Activism Discussion: Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student

Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student

J Baker
2008-02-17 00:04:30 EST
The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
First Amendment protection.

http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006577.cfm

Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student

Family News in Focus

The case began in 2004 when the student wore a T-shirt with the words,
'Homosexuality is shameful. Romans 1:27'

A federal district court judge in California has decided that statements
about sexual orientation, if not "positive" in nature, can be restricted by
public schools.

"The message here is that Christian speech is not favored in this country,
and if they do speak something that does not please the politically correct
crowd, they can be punished for it," said Bruce Hausknecht, a social
research analyst for Focus on the Family Action.

Administrators in the Poway School District of California objected in 2004
when they learned that a student, Chase Harper, wore a T-shirt which quoted
Romans on one side and on the other said, "Be ashamed, our school has
embraced what God has condemned."

Harper said one administrator told him to leave his faith in the car. Harper
later sued.

Tim Chandler, an attorney with the Alliance Defense Fund, said Harper's case
is worth appealing to a higher court.

"It's a classic case of viewpoint discrimination that really reflects a
double-standard that's been created both in our public schools and in our
legal system," Chandler said.

--
J Baker
b*s@gmail.com

LC ~ confessed killer of his own sister

P*@gmail.com
2008-02-17 02:25:14 EST
On 17 Feb., 06:04, "J Baker" <baker.reci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
> First Amendment protection.

Yo, shit for brain, we told you already a hundred times: the ACLU only
acts if asked for.
Why do you lie all the time about the ACLU? Because they defend you're
right to free speech and you hate your country?

> http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006577.cfm

Ever thought of copying and pasting from serious websites, moron?

P*@gmail.com
2008-02-17 02:42:31 EST
On 17 Feb., 06:04, "J Baker" <baker.reci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
> First Amendment protection.

BTW, any reason at all why you opened a new account? Because you knnow
you'll lose the previous one?

Attila
2008-02-17 04:38:21 EST
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:04:30 -0500, "J Baker"
<*s@gmail.com> in alt.abortion with message-id
<*1@news.alt.net> wrote:

>The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
>First Amendment protection.
>

>http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006577.cfm
>

>Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student
>
>Family News in Focus
>

>The case began in 2004 when the student wore a T-shirt with the words,
>'Homosexuality is shameful. Romans 1:27'
>
>A federal district court judge in California has decided that statements
>about sexual orientation, if not "positive" in nature, can be restricted by
>public schools.
>
>"The message here is that Christian speech is not favored in this country,

It isn't.

>and if they do speak something that does not please the politically correct
>crowd, they can be punished for it," said Bruce Hausknecht, a social
>research analyst for Focus on the Family Action.
>
>Administrators in the Poway School District of California objected in 2004
>when they learned that a student, Chase Harper, wore a T-shirt which quoted
>Romans on one side and on the other said, "Be ashamed, our school has
>embraced what God has condemned."
>
>Harper said one administrator told him to leave his faith in the car. Harper
>later sued.
>
>Tim Chandler, an attorney with the Alliance Defense Fund, said Harper's case
>is worth appealing to a higher court.
>
>"It's a classic case of viewpoint discrimination that really reflects a
>double-standard that's been created both in our public schools and in our
>legal system," Chandler said.

As long as that double standard supports religion no one complains. In
fact, that is expected.

--
Pro-Choice is Pro-Freedom

Every illegal alien is a criminal.
No amnesty under any name or for any reason.
Deportation upon identification, not work permit or citizenship.

F*@verizon.net
2008-02-17 21:39:59 EST

On 17-Feb-2008, "J Baker" <baker.recipes@gmail.com> wrote:

> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
> First Amendment protection.

No, it doesn't.
What idiots these bigots are.
Can you imagine if a Jew walked around with shirts saying
that "Jesus is a Fraud", and had verse references to prove it?
The ACLU wouldn't back that kid, either - & he'd have more
right than the bigot JYoung is defeding.

Susan

> http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006577.cfm
>

> Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student
>
> Family News in Focus
>

> The case began in 2004 when the student wore a T-shirt with the words,
> 'Homosexuality is shameful. Romans 1:27'
>
> A federal district court judge in California has decided that statements
> about sexual orientation, if not "positive" in nature, can be restricted
> by
> public schools.
>
> "The message here is that Christian speech is not favored in this country,
> and if they do speak something that does not please the politically
> correct
> crowd, they can be punished for it," said Bruce Hausknecht, a social
> research analyst for Focus on the Family Action.
>
> Administrators in the Poway School District of California objected in 2004
>
> when they learned that a student, Chase Harper, wore a T-shirt which
> quoted
> Romans on one side and on the other said, "Be ashamed, our school has
> embraced what God has condemned."
>
> Harper said one administrator told him to leave his faith in the car.
> Harper
> later sued.
>
> Tim Chandler, an attorney with the Alliance Defense Fund, said Harper's
> case
> is worth appealing to a higher court.
>
> "It's a classic case of viewpoint discrimination that really reflects a
> double-standard that's been created both in our public schools and in our
> legal system," Chandler said.
>

> --
> J Baker
> baker.recipes@gmail.com
>

> LC ~ confessed killer of his own sister

Not At All Sure
2008-02-18 04:12:14 EST

<*R@verizon.net> wrote in message news:3e6uj.732$_T3.371@trnddc07...

> On 17-Feb-2008, "J Baker" <baker.recipes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
>> First Amendment protection.
>
> No, it doesn't.
> What idiots these bigots are.
> Can you imagine if a Jew walked around with shirts saying
> that "Jesus is a Fraud", and had verse references to prove it?

Pretty mild stuff compared with what your Talmud details.

> The ACLU wouldn't back that kid, either - & he'd have more
> right than the bigot JYoung is defeding.
>
> Susan
>>

>> http://www.citizenlink.org/CLNews/A000006577.cfm
>>

>> Federal Court Rules Against Christian Student
>>
>> Family News in Focus
>>

>> The case began in 2004 when the student wore a T-shirt with the words,
>> 'Homosexuality is shameful. Romans 1:27'
>>
>> A federal district court judge in California has decided that statements
>> about sexual orientation, if not "positive" in nature, can be restricted
>> by
>> public schools.
>>
>> "The message here is that Christian speech is not favored in this
>> country,
>> and if they do speak something that does not please the politically
>> correct
>> crowd, they can be punished for it," said Bruce Hausknecht, a social
>> research analyst for Focus on the Family Action.
>>
>> Administrators in the Poway School District of California objected in
>> 2004
>>
>> when they learned that a student, Chase Harper, wore a T-shirt which
>> quoted
>> Romans on one side and on the other said, "Be ashamed, our school has
>> embraced what God has condemned."
>>
>> Harper said one administrator told him to leave his faith in the car.
>> Harper
>> later sued.
>>
>> Tim Chandler, an attorney with the Alliance Defense Fund, said Harper's
>> case
>> is worth appealing to a higher court.
>>
>> "It's a classic case of viewpoint discrimination that really reflects a
>> double-standard that's been created both in our public schools and in our
>> legal system," Chandler said.
>>

>> --
>> J Baker
>> baker.recipes@gmail.com
>>

>> LC ~ confessed killer of his own sister

F*@verizon.net
2008-02-18 04:41:02 EST

On 18-Feb-2008, "Not at all sure" <nowhere@all.com> wrote:

> <flaviaR@verizon.net> wrote in message news:3e6uj.732$_T3.371@trnddc07...
> >
> > On 17-Feb-2008, "J Baker" <baker.recipes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams
> >> for
> >> First Amendment protection.
> >
> > No, it doesn't.
> > What idiots these bigots are.
> > Can you imagine if a Jew walked around with shirts saying
> > that "Jesus is a Fraud", and had verse references to prove it?
>
> Pretty mild stuff compared with what your Talmud details.

You are, of course, a liar.

Duke
2008-02-18 07:38:23 EST
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:25:14 -0800 (PST), parsifal222@gmail.com wrote:

>On 17 Feb., 06:04, "J Baker" <baker.reci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
>> First Amendment protection.
>
>Yo, shit for brain, we told you already a hundred times: the ACLU only
>acts if asked for.

ONly if asked for? Shirley, you jest, little nazi boy.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

Tim Howard
2008-02-18 19:31:33 EST
duke wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:25:14 -0800 (PST), parsifal222@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On 17 Feb., 06:04, "J Baker" <baker.reci...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The ACLU is conspicuous by their absence. This is a case that screams for
>>> First Amendment protection.
>> Yo, shit for brain, we told you already a hundred times: the ACLU only
>> acts if asked for.
>
> ONly if asked for? Shirley, you jest, little nazi boy.

No he does not. As a member of the ACLU I can tell you they always
represent someone when taking court action.

Barry Schier
2008-02-18 22:48:14 EST
The expression of ideas urging end to discirimination or displays of
self-pride by group which are and have been discriminated against is
to be encouraged, while display of racist, sexist, and/or homophobic
messages is in essence a call for mistreatment -- if not outright
assualt -- against its targets. The motives and matter of student
wearing the Black pride "tricolors" is not similar, but OPPOSITE, that
of a student who comes to school wearing / bearing racist regalia,
whether a KKK T-shirt or the whole Ku Klux Klan "uniform."

If "The ACLU is conspicuous by their [sic] absence" then it should be
criticized for not speaking out against the bigot(s)' case.

-- Barry Schier