Activism Discussion: Uh, "black" Obama Is Half White

Uh, "black" Obama Is Half White

Cleo Frank
2008-06-07 16:30:33 EST
Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.

One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

Abelard
2008-06-07 17:00:36 EST
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 16:30:33 -0400, "Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote:

>Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>
>One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
>considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

if only you could concentrate on the fact that he's effectively stupid

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past

Don H
2008-06-07 17:13:00 EST
"Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>
> One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
> considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

# Or should that be "Everyone is cooning..."?
In Australia you're an Aborigine if (a) you consider yourself to be one,
plus (b) are accepted by the Aboriginal community as one.
Obama is half-white and half-black, and thus should appeal to both whites
and blacks - or be rejected by both, as a half-breed.
His best bet in choosing a Vice-President is to opt for someone more
negroid than himself. That way he'd be safe from being bumped off by a
white nutter. But, wait a minute, what about a black nutter?
Still, he hasn't got there yet.
Does anyone have a list of "changes" he will implement?

Gaz
2008-06-07 17:32:33 EST

"Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>
> One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
> considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

Because black people in the USA are desperate for positive role models, and
white people in the US are desperate for black people to have positive role
models, that the facts are glossed over.

The fact is, he is not only half white, but his father past the first year
had no part in his upbringing, he was brought up largely by his white mother
and white grand parents. In such a situation the chances are he is as white
as its possible to be with toffee coloured skin.

It doesnt just happen there, it happened in golf also with Tiger woods, who
is a mix of what it seems most of the worlds different ethnic groups, but he
becomes defined as 'black'.

Remember that oscar winner beauty, Halle Berry, who gave a disturbing
acceptance speech about excepting all the pain of the african american
people and their burdens etc. Except, her mother is white and from
Liverpool, and her father having beat the shit out of her mother decided to
dump her, and Halle was brought up again, by her white mother on her own.

Halle, someone who is exceptionally beautiful, even as a child, with light
chocolate complexion and got famouse very quickly for her looks as a young
teen, is highly unlikely to have any understanding of the suffering of
'african americans'.

She might as well call herself the fifth Beatle, as an African American.

Gaz

Gaz
2008-06-07 17:33:43 EST

"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 16:30:33 -0400, "Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>>
>>One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
>>considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?
>
> if only you could concentrate on the fact that he's effectively stupid

Leaders dont always have to be clever, he is inspirational, he is a good
speech giver... If he excepts the counsil of wise men, like Reagan did, then
he might be ok.

Gaz

Abelard
2008-06-07 17:42:13 EST
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:33:43 +0100, "Gaz" <gazter@msn.com> wrote:

>"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 16:30:33 -0400, "Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>>>
>>>One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
>>>considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?
>>
>> if only you could concentrate on the fact that he's effectively stupid
>
>Leaders dont always have to be clever, he is inspirational, he is a good
>speech giver... If he excepts the counsil of wise men, like Reagan did, then
>he might be ok.

i can't see it...he's very arrogant and very confused...

regards..

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past
all that is necessary for [] walk quietly and carry
the triumph of evil is that [] a big stick.
good people do nothing [] trust actions not words
only when it's funny -- roger rabbit

William Black
2008-06-07 17:44:07 EST

"Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>
> One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
> considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

America is a fundamentally racist society.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

John Of Aix
2008-06-07 17:47:57 EST
Cleo Frank wrote:
> Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>
> One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
> considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?

Maria asked this question in uk.politcs.misc days ago. Where have you
been?

Abelard
2008-06-07 17:49:59 EST
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:32:33 +0100, "Gaz" <gazter@msn.com> wrote:

>"Cleo Frank" <cf@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Everyone is cooing about the first *black* President.
>>
>> One Drop Rule still at work: Anyone even 1/8 black is still
>> considered black. Hmmmmm........why is that?
>
>Because black people in the USA are desperate for positive role models, and
>white people in the US are desperate for black people to have positive role
>models, that the facts are glossed over.
>
>The fact is, he is not only half white, but his father past the first year
>had no part in his upbringing, he was brought up largely by his white mother
>and white grand parents. In such a situation the chances are he is as white
>as its possible to be with toffee coloured skin.

several years in indonesia prior to the age of ~10/11 with his
mother and a muslim step father...

>It doesnt just happen there, it happened in golf also with Tiger woods, who
>is a mix of what it seems most of the worlds different ethnic groups, but he
>becomes defined as 'black'.
>
>Remember that oscar winner beauty, Halle Berry, who gave a disturbing
>acceptance speech about excepting all the pain of the african american
>people and their burdens etc. Except, her mother is white and from
>Liverpool, and her father having beat the shit out of her mother decided to
>dump her, and Halle was brought up again, by her white mother on her own.
>
>Halle, someone who is exceptionally beautiful, even as a child, with light
>chocolate complexion and got famouse very quickly for her looks as a young
>teen, is highly unlikely to have any understanding of the suffering of
>'african americans'.

african americans in general have a higher standard of living than any
group in africa...

>She might as well call herself the fifth Beatle, as an African American.

regards...

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past
all that is necessary for [] walk quietly and carry
the triumph of evil is that [] a big stick.
good people do nothing [] trust actions not words
only when it's funny -- roger rabbit

Dr Quite Evil
2008-06-07 17:54:46 EST

> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:33:43 +0100, "Gaz" <gazter@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>"abelard" <abelard3@abelard.org> wrote in message

>>> if only you could concentrate on the fact that he's effectively
>>> stupid
>>
>>Leaders dont always have to be clever, he is inspirational, he is a
>>good speech giver... If he excepts the counsil of wise men, like
>>Reagan did, then he might be ok.
>
> i can't see it...he's very arrogant and very confused...

s/can't/have decided i won't/;