Activism Discussion: GRNC Update 6-27-08: DC V Heller - Let The Lawsuits Begin!

GRNC Update 6-27-08: DC V Heller - Let The Lawsuits Begin!

R. LaCasse
2008-06-28 05:28:42 EST

Subject: GRNC Update 6-27-08: DC v Heller - Let the Lawsuits Begin!
From: nyreg@teap.bet
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:16:19 -0600

Grass Roots North Carolina(r), P.O. Box 10684, Raleigh, NC 27605

919-664-8565, www.grnc.org, GRNC Alert Hotline: (919) 562-4137

GRNC Update 6-27-08:

DC v Heller - Let the Lawsuits Begin!

Second Amendment Battle Far From Over

"We start therefore with a strong presumption that the Second
Amendment right is exercised individually and belongs to all
Americans." - from the majority opinion written by Supreme Court
Justice Antonin Scalia.

>From GRNC President Paul Valone:

By now, most of you have begun celebrating the landmark decision
handed down for the Second Amendment in District of Columbia v.
Heller. Finding for the plaintiff, the Supreme Court struck down both
D.C.'s virtual ban on gun ownership and its draconian mandatory gun
storage law.

No longer will you have to endure decades-long propaganda from
Handgun Control et al. that you don't have a right to keep and bear
arms, or that the Second Amendment denotes a "collective right" of
states to form militias such as the National Guard.

Okay, go ahead and gloat (just a little)

Yes, some of the quotes from the opposition are priceless: Whining
for the minority, Justice John Paul Stevens wrote: that the majority
"would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a
choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to
regulate civilian uses of weapons."

Then, of course, the presidential candidates immediately jumped onto
the band wagon, especially Barack Obama, who insists that he really
didn't just discover this as a brand new right: "I have always
believed that the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals
to bear arms, but..." (Behind that "but," of course, hides the usual
litany of gun control.)

But most amusing was the "New York Times," where the concept of gun
laws being unconstitutional is so utterly alien (and threatening) that
the newspaper issued a "new locution alert" before pondering whether
certain gun laws might pass "Second Amendment muster." Like parental
warnings before dirty movies, The Gray Lady apparently felted
compelled to protect the tender sensibilities of its readers.

Celebration's over: Back to work

They say every party needs a pooper, and that would be me.

The bad news is that there is plenty the Court didn't say, and plenty
that it indicated could pass constitutional muster, including
concealed handgun bans, and possibly licensing and registration. Most
significant was the Court's failure to advocate a "strict scrutiny"
standard by which to judge other gun laws.

So large are the loopholes, in fact, that "USA Today" continues to
slather for new gun laws: "...nothing the court said should stop the
push for limits that will still be legal under the new framework"
which, according to the paper, could include legislation to shut down
gun shows, drive gun dealers out of business and ban semi-automatic
firearms.

Suffice to say that three things are obvious: First, litigation will
be required to determine the scope of "acceptable" gun laws; second,
the vast majority of what is currently on the books will stay that
way; and third, gun control advocates will continue trying to make
your right to keep and bear arms little more than a theoretical
concept.

In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!

Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone

-------------------

Support Merchants Who Support Your Rights!

Hyatt Coin & Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208,

704-663-5656, http://www.hyattguns.com/

Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659,

336-667-6303, http://www.duncangun.com/

Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS,

http://www.shootersexpress.com/

The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115,

704-663-5656, 704-663-4561 (fax)

Gunner's Alley, LLC, 200 Parkthrough St., Cary, NC 27511,

http://www.gunnersalley.com/, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Gurearo,

rq@thaarefnyyrl.pbz
--
Triad Productions-Fantalla~EZine~ParaNovel
National Association of Assault Research

Natman
2008-06-28 11:41:29 EST
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 02:28:42 -0700, R. LaCasse
<Heisei_Emperor@Bob.info> wrote:

>Subject: GRNC Update 6-27-08: DC v Heller - Let the Lawsuits Begin!
>From: nyreg@teap.bet
>Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:16:19 -0600
>
>Grass Roots North Carolina(r), P.O. Box 10684, Raleigh, NC 27605
>
>919-664-8565, www.grnc.org, GRNC Alert Hotline: (919) 562-4137
>
>GRNC Update 6-27-08:
>
>DC v Heller - Let the Lawsuits Begin!
>
>Second Amendment Battle Far From Over
>
>"We start therefore with a strong presumption that the Second
>Amendment right is exercised individually and belongs to all
>Americans." - from the majority opinion written by Supreme Court
>Justice Antonin Scalia.
>
>From GRNC President Paul Valone:
>
>By now, most of you have begun celebrating the landmark decision
>handed down for the Second Amendment in District of Columbia v.
>Heller. Finding for the plaintiff, the Supreme Court struck down both
>D.C.'s virtual ban on gun ownership and its draconian mandatory gun
>storage law.
>
>No longer will you have to endure decades-long propaganda from
>Handgun Control et al. that you don't have a right to keep and bear
>arms, or that the Second Amendment denotes a "collective right" of
>states to form militias such as the National Guard.
>
>Okay, go ahead and gloat (just a little)
>
>Yes, some of the quotes from the opposition are priceless: Whining
>for the minority, Justice John Paul Stevens wrote: that the majority
>"would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a
>choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to
>regulate civilian uses of weapons."

This part of Stevens' dissent is unbelievable. Yes, Your Honor,
limiting the tools available to elected officials to regulate
civilians is **precisely** what the Second Amendment is all about. Not
just the Second, but every single one of the Amendments in the Bill of
Rights is a limitation on GOVERNMENT, not citizens.

How someone can become a judge, much less a Supreme Court Justice,
without grasping this fundamental concept of high school civics is
difficult to fathom.

[snip]

>Celebration's over: Back to work
>
>They say every party needs a pooper, and that would be me.
>
>The bad news is that there is plenty the Court didn't say, and plenty
>that it indicated could pass constitutional muster, including
>concealed handgun bans, and possibly licensing and registration. Most
>significant was the Court's failure to advocate a "strict scrutiny"
>standard by which to judge other gun laws.
>
>So large are the loopholes, in fact, that "USA Today" continues to
>slather for new gun laws: "...nothing the court said should stop the
>push for limits that will still be legal under the new framework"
>which, according to the paper, could include legislation to shut down
>gun shows, drive gun dealers out of business and ban semi-automatic
>firearms.
>
>Suffice to say that three things are obvious: First, litigation will
>be required to determine the scope of "acceptable" gun laws; second,
>the vast majority of what is currently on the books will stay that
>way; and third, gun control advocates will continue trying to make
>your right to keep and bear arms little more than a theoretical
>concept.
>
>In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!

Right on.

The difference is that after decades of being on the defensive, gun
freedom advocates can now act to make things better.

Natman
2008-06-28 18:26:31 EST
> [...]

>push for limits that will still be legal under the new framework"
>which, according to the paper, could include legislation to shut down
>gun shows, drive gun dealers out of business and ban semi-automatic
>firearms.
>
>Suffice to say that three things are obvious: First, litigation will
>be required to determine the scope of "acceptable" gun laws; second,
>the vast majority of what is currently on the books will stay that
>way; and third, gun control advocates will continue trying to make
>your right to keep and bear arms little more than a theoretical
>concept.
>
>In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!

Right on.

The difference is that after decades of being on the defensive, gun
freedom advocates can now act to make things better.

2008-06-29 05:28:42 EST
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:26:31 -0700, Natman <nat_mann@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
|>>push for limits that will still be legal under the new framework"
|>>which, according to the paper, could include legislation to shut down
|>>gun shows, drive gun dealers out of business and ban semi-automatic
|>>firearms.
|>>
|>>Suffice to say that three things are obvious: First, litigation will
|>>be required to determine the scope of "acceptable" gun laws; second,
|>>the vast majority of what is currently on the books will stay that
|>>way; and third, gun control advocates will continue trying to make
|>>your right to keep and bear arms little more than a theoretical
|>>concept.
|>>
|>>In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!
|>>
|>Right on.
|>
|>The difference is that after decades of being on the defensive, gun
|>freedom advocates can now act to make things better.

We have learned to come out -of-the-gun-closet without getting
stomped on by other gun gangs, selectively enforcing only the laws THEY
believe in.........namely profiteering scams like Property confiscation
based on the wrong brand of cigarette laws they stick to.

Is there a law that says that retards (IQ 75?) are allowed to
enforce laws to common man with common sense.....3 monkeys are smarter than
2..........then what is the problem in combating armed and dangerous
retards.....

Is this the ape planet were all these retards know that guns and
drugs are BAD......when do they go to the gun range, or get a cough
medicine????huh huh BAD.....DUHh.. get BAD guys

R. LaCasse
2008-06-29 05:30:51 EST
wrote:

|>In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!

The only guard I'm letting down, is my Trigger Guard.....

Bama Brian
2008-06-29 12:22:09 EST
R. LaCasse wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 02:28:42 -0700, R. LaCasse <Heisei_Emperor@Bob.info>
> wrote:
>

> |>In this election year, DO NOT LET DOWN YOUR GUARD!
>

> The only guard I'm letting down, is my Trigger Guard.....

Do that on your M1, M14, mini-14 or mini-30 and your trigger group will
fall out...

--
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana, 1863 - 1952

Cheers,
Bama Brian
Libertarian

Bob
2008-06-30 02:29:15 EST
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:22:09 -0400, Bama Brian <eddyclay@mindspring.com>
wrote:

|>R. LaCasse wrote:

|>> The only guard I'm letting down, is my Trigger Guard.....
|>
|>Do that on your M1, M14, mini-14 or mini-30 and your trigger group will
|>fall out...

I'm not particular to rifles anymore, since Famas. StyerAug, Bill
pubs, heat shields and Intratech 9 types were banned here these days, I'm
just handguns, my motto on that is still:

(If you can't hit it with a handgun, you have no business shooting at it
all).......DGU

Maybe some sniper will change my mind someday?????
--
WWWeb>> http://boblacasse.150m. com