Activism Discussion: American Government Oil Officials Accused In Cocaine, Marijuana, Sex And Drugs Scandal

American Government Oil Officials Accused In Cocaine, Marijuana, Sex And Drugs Scandal

NewsToBeRead
2008-09-22 02:12:39 EST

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122107135333120223.html

Federal Oil Officials Accused In Cocaine, Marijuana, Sex and Drugs Scandal
WASHINGTON -- Employees of the federal agency that last year collected more
than $11 billion in royalties from oil and gas companies broke government
rules and created a "culture of ethical failure" by allegedly accepting
gifts from and having sex with industry representatives, the Interior
Department's top watchdog said Wednesday.

A report by the Interior Department's inspector general, Earl Devaney,
described a party atmosphere at the Denver office of the Minerals Management
Service, a bureau of the department. Some employees of the office, which
houses the department's royalty-in-kind program, "frequently consumed
alcohol at industry functions, had used cocaine and marijuana, and had
sexual relations with oil and gas company representatives," the report said,
adding that "sexual relationships with prohibited sources cannot, by
definition, be arms-length."

The report also says that between 2002 and 2006, 19 employees in the
agency's royalty-in-kind program, roughly a third of the program's total
staff, had "socialized with and had received a wide array of gifts from oil
and gas companies with whom the employees were conducting official
business."

Mr. Devaney's blistering assessment spotlights the agency as Congress and
the presidential candidates weigh proposals to expand offshore drilling. "We
discovered a culture of substance abuse and promiscuity," his report said.

The Minerals Management Service oversees the nation's natural-gas, oil and
other mineral resources on the outer continental shelf, and its duties
include drawing up leases for drilling in offshore waters. In some years, it
is the second-largest source of revenue for the U.S. Treasury, behind only
the Internal Revenue Service. Through the royalty-in-kind, or RIK, program,
the government receives oil instead of cash payments from energy companies
in exchange for drilling rights.

"The activities at the [royalty-in-kind] office are so outlandish that this
whole IG report reads like a script from a television miniseries -- and one
that cannot air during family viewing time," House Natural Resources
Committee Chairman Nick Rahall (D., W.Va.) said in a statement. "It is no
wonder that the office was doing such a lousy job of overseeing the RIK
program; clearly the employees had 'other' priorities in that office."

The report said that most industry representatives who were interviewed by
the inspector general's office admitted buying meals, drinks and
entertainment for government employees, but denied they were made in
exchange for preferential treatment, according to the report.

Gift Givers
The report named four companies -- Chevron Corp., a U.S. unit of Royal Dutch
Shell PLC, Gary-Williams Energy Corp. and Hess Corp. -- as gift givers. In a
written statement Wednesday, the Shell unit said it cooperated fully with
the investigation, but that it would be premature to comment on the report
"until we have an opportunity to review the content." A spokesman for Hess
said the company had cooperated with the inspector general's inquiry, and
that the company's own investigation "indicated no wrongdoing" by employees.
Officials at Gary-Williams Energy couldn't be reached Wednesday for comment.

Democrats seized on the inspector general's report as evidence of what they
say is the Bush administration's cozy relationship with the oil industry.
Congressional Republicans accused Democrats of not following up on earlier
Republican-led investigations of possible wrongdoing within the bureau.

In a teleconference with reporters Wednesday, MMS director Randall Luthi
said he didn't see any evidence that American taxpayers had been hurt
financially by the alleged misconduct. But he said he took the report's
findings "very seriously" and would review the allegations and consider
taking appropriate action in the coming months.

Mr. Luthi, who took office in July 2007, said the royalty-in-kind program
generated tens of millions of dollars in additional government revenue
during the most recent fiscal year, compared with what would have been
received if the agency had taken its royalties in cash.

Wednesday's report is the latest black eye for the Minerals Management
Service. In July, a former aide to the agency's associate director of
minerals revenue management pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to
violating conflict-of-interest laws. The employee, Jimmy W. Mayberry, 65
years old, acknowledged helping create a consulting position that he later
took after retiring from government.

In a memo to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne made public Wednesday, Mr.
Devaney said his office had referred cases against two other former
high-ranking MMS officials to the Justice Department, but the department had
declined to prosecute.

Mr. Devaney said some MMS employees who acted inappropriately should be
removed, but others had escaped punishment "by departing from federal
service, with the usual celebratory send-offs that allegedly highlighted the
impeccable service these individuals had given to the Federal Government.
Our reports belie this notion."

The report also criticizes what it says was "the ultimate refusal of one
major oil company, Chevron, to cooperate with our investigation." A
spokesman for Chevron said Wednesday that the company couldn't comment on
the report because it hadn't yet seen it. "We have cooperated with the
government investigation and produced all of the documents that the
government requested months ago," the spokesman said.

Avoiding Payments
In recent years, the Interior Department has come under criticism from Mr.
Devaney's office for mistakes at MMS that allowed oil companies to avoid
paying royalties for offshore-drilling rights -- errors that government
auditors have estimated will cost taxpayers as much as $10.5 billion over
about 25 years.

In May, a report by Mr. Devaney's office said an investigation of the
program by his agents found that "the integrity of the RIK oil sales process
is undermined by poor business practices," with companies often allowed to
modify their bids after the deadline for submitting them. Of 718 bid
packages awarded to companies between 2001 and 2006, Mr. Devaney's report
said, 121 were modified, with only three modifications favoring the
government. The value of the modified bid packages not in favor of the
government totaled $4.4 million, according to Mr. Devaney's May report.

Under the royalty-in-kind program, the government receives oil or natural
gas instead of cash for payments of royalties from companies that lease
federal property for oil and gas development. The government then sells the
product into the marketplace and returns the proceeds to the Treasury.
Interior Department officials say the program results in higher revenue
collections and lower administrative costs.

Write to Stephen Power at stephen.power@wsj.com

http://www.usenet.com

StraightDrive
2008-09-22 02:22:51 EST
..
"NewsToBeRead" <NewsToBeRead@USA.Com> wrote in message

> [...]
> is undermined by poor business practices," with companies often allowed to
> modify their bids after the deadline for submitting them. Of 718 bid
> packages awarded to companies between 2001 and 2006, Mr. Devaney's report
> said, 121 were modified, with only three modifications favoring the
> government. The value of the modified bid packages not in favor of the
> government totaled $4.4 million, according to Mr. Devaney's May report.
>
> Under the royalty-in-kind program, the government receives oil or natural
> gas instead of cash for payments of royalties from companies that lease
> federal property for oil and gas development. The government then sells
> the
> product into the marketplace and returns the proceeds to the Treasury.
> Interior Department officials say the program results in higher revenue
> collections and lower administrative costs.

The western worshipping Indian slaves think western governments are
non-corrupt unlike third world country governments.

How many of the great western democratic free society TV Channels
will do a one hour show on these government officials and their cocaine,
marijuana and sex and drugs scandal ?

None.

But they will show hundreds of thousands of hours of programming
about Caylees and Jon Benet Ramseys.

And then they BRAG to the rest of the world about THEIR GREAT DEMOCRACY,
THEIR FREEDOMS and CIVIL LIBERTIES.

ROFLMAO

S*@y7mail.com
2008-09-22 06:15:41 EST
You people think i'm an IDIOT and a fucken LOONEY, but the message
above which I have posted to rec.sport.cricket says it all.

You IDIOTS say I have no FUCKING clue about CRICKET or have any
intelligent contribution to make.

You boreturds say I am a RACIST FRUIT LOOP with SEXUAL HANGUPS

But I am EDUCATING you PUSSIES about the TRUTH that exists inside my
head.

I see western RACISTS and DUMB CUNTS everywhere.

MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS...

ROFLMAO

(I have to go now - my mother says I have to clean the froth and
spittle off my keyboard)

StraightDrive
2008-09-22 22:03:33 EST

<*e@y7mail.com> wrote in message
> You people think i'm an IDIOT and a fucken LOONEY, but the message
> above which I have posted to rec.sport.cricket says it all.
>
> You IDIOTS say I have no FUCKING clue about CRICKET or have any
> intelligent contribution to make.
>
> You boreturds say I am a RACIST FRUIT LOOP with SEXUAL HANGUPS
>
> But I am EDUCATING you PUSSIES about the TRUTH that exists inside my
> head.
>
> I see western RACISTS and DUMB CUNTS everywhere.
>
> MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS...
>
> ROFLMAO
>
> (I have to go now - my mother says I have to clean the froth and
> spittle off my keyboard)

Psychopathic IMPOSTER StraightDrive@y7mail.com,

Nothing gives me more pleasure than driving the American Government
Psychopaths like YOU CRAZY.

ROFLMAO

One third of "White Democrats" will NOT vote for Obama because Blacks are
Lazy and Violent

http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-obama-race

Poll: Racial views steer some white Dems away from Obama

By RON FOURNIER and TREVOR TOMPSON, Associated Press Writers
WASHINGTON (AP) - Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the
White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll
that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward
blacks - many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own
troubles.

The poll, conducted with Stanford University, suggests that the percentage
of voters who may turn away from Obama because of his race could easily be
larger than the final difference between the candidates in 2004 - about two
and one-half percentage points.

Certainly, Republican John McCain has his own obstacles: He's an ally of an
unpopular president and would be the nation's oldest first-term president.
But Obama faces this: 40 percent of all white Americans hold at least a
partly negative view toward blacks, and that includes many Democrats and
independents.

More than a third of all white Democrats and independents - voters Obama
can't win the White House without - agreed with at least one negative
adjective about blacks, according to the survey, and they are significantly
less likely to vote for Obama than those who don't have such views.

Such numbers are a harsh dose of reality in a campaign for the history
books. Obama, the first black candidate with a serious shot at the
presidency, accepted the Democratic nomination on the 45th anniversary of
Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, a seminal moment for a
nation that enshrined slavery in its Constitution.

"There are a lot fewer bigots than there were 50 years ago, but that doesn't
mean there's only a few bigots," said Stanford political scientist Paul
Sniderman who helped analyze the exhaustive survey.

The pollsters set out to determine why Obama is locked in a close race with
McCain even as the political landscape seems to favor Democrats. President
Bush's unpopularity, the Iraq war and a national sense of economic hard
times cut against GOP candidates, as does that fact that Democratic voters
outnumber Republicans.

The findings suggest that Obama's problem is close to home - among his
fellow Democrats, particularly non-Hispanic white voters. Just seven in 10
people who call themselves Democrats support Obama, compared to the 85
percent of self-identified Republicans who back McCain.

The survey also focused on the racial attitudes of independent voters
because they are likely to decide the election.

Lots of Republicans harbor prejudices, too, but the survey found they
weren't voting against Obama because of his race. Most Republicans wouldn't
vote for any Democrat for president - white, black or brown.

Not all whites are prejudiced. Indeed, more whites say good things about
blacks than say bad things, the poll shows. And many whites who see blacks
in a negative light are still willing or even eager to vote for Obama.

On the other side of the racial question, the Illinois Democrat is drawing
almost unanimous support from blacks, the poll shows, though that probably
wouldn't be enough to counter the negative effect of some whites' views.

Race is not the biggest factor driving Democrats and independents away from
Obama. Doubts about his competency loom even larger, the poll indicates.
More than a quarter of all Democrats expressed doubt that Obama can bring
about the change they want, and they are likely to vote against him because
of that.

Three in 10 of those Democrats who don't trust Obama's change-making
credentials say they plan to vote for McCain.

Still, the effects of whites' racial views are apparent in the polling.

Statistical models derived from the poll suggest that Obama's support would
be as much as 6 percentage points higher if there were no white racial
prejudice.

But in an election without precedent, it's hard to know if such models take
into account all the possible factors at play.

The AP-Yahoo News poll used the unique methodology of Knowledge Networks, a
Menlo Park, Calif., firm that interviews people online after randomly
selecting and screening them over telephone. Numerous studies have shown
that people are more likely to report embarrassing behavior and unpopular
opinions when answering questions on a computer rather than talking to a
stranger.

Other techniques used in the poll included recording people's responses to
black or white faces flashed on a computer screen, asking participants to
rate how well certain adjectives apply to blacks, measuring whether people
believe blacks' troubles are their own fault, and simply asking people how
much they like or dislike blacks.

"We still don't like black people," said John Clouse, 57, reflecting the
sentiments of his pals gathered at a coffee shop in Somerset, Ohio.

Given a choice of several positive and negative adjectives that might
describe blacks, 20 percent of all whites said the word "violent" strongly
applied. Among other words, 22 percent agreed with "boastful," 29 percent
"complaining," 13 percent "lazy" and 11 percent "irresponsible." When asked
about positive adjectives, whites were more likely to stay on the fence than
give a strongly positive assessment.

Among white Democrats, one third cited a negative adjective and, of those,
58 percent said they planned to back Obama.

The poll sought to measure latent prejudices among whites by asking about
factors contributing to the state of black America. One finding: More than a
quarter of white Democrats agree that "if blacks would only try harder, they
could be just as well off as whites."

Those who agreed with that statement were much less likely to back Obama
than those who didn't.

Among white independents, racial stereotyping is not uncommon. For example,
while about 20 percent of independent voters called blacks "intelligent" or
"smart," more than one third latched on the adjective "complaining" and 24
percent said blacks were "violent."

Nearly four in 10 white independents agreed that blacks would be better off
if they "try harder."

The survey broke ground by incorporating images of black and white faces to
measure implicit racial attitudes, or prejudices that are so deeply rooted
that people may not realize they have them. That test suggested the
incidence of racial prejudice is even higher, with more than half of whites
revealing more negative feelings toward blacks than whites.

Researchers used mathematical modeling to sort out the relative impact of a
huge swath of variables that might have an impact on people's votes -
including race, ideology, party identification, the hunger for change and
the sentiments of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's backers.

Just 59 percent of her white Democratic supporters said they wanted Obama to
be president. Nearly 17 percent of Clinton's white backers plan to vote for
McCain.

Among white Democrats, Clinton supporters were nearly twice as likely as
Obama backers to say at least one negative adjective described blacks well,
a finding that suggests many of her supporters in the primaries -
particularly whites with high school education or less - were motivated in
part by racial attitudes.

The survey of 2,227 adults was conducted Aug. 27 to Sept. 5. It has a margin
of sampling error of plus or minus 2.1 percentage points.

---

Associated Press writers Nancy Benac, Julie Carr Smyth, Philip Elliot, Julie
Pace and Sonya Ross contributed to this story.

Ari
2008-09-22 23:17:04 EST
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 03:15:41 -0700 (PDT), StraightDrive@y7mail.com
wrote:

> You people think i'm an IDIOT and a fucken LOONEY

No we don't.

We *know* you are.
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVydzNJrno

Husband Of All FBI N NSA Agents
2008-09-23 01:15:22 EST

"Ari" <DROPTheJooseIsLoose@gmail.comCAPITALLETTERS> wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 03:15:41 -0700 (PDT), StraightDrive@y7mail.com
> wrote:
>
>> You people think i'm an IDIOT and a fucken LOONEY
>
> No we don't.
>
> We *know* you are.
> --
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVydzNJrno

You just replied to an FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH that posts with
email address straightdrive@y7mail.com

Mind Control, Mind Manipulation and Torture Technologies of U.S. National
Security Agency (NSA)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/40444c1e3d27cb95?hl=en#

S*@y7mail.com
2008-09-23 05:26:02 EST
On Sep 23, 6:15 am, "Husband of All FBI n NSA Agents"
<*.@USA.Com> wrote:
> "Ari" <DROPTheJooseIsLo...@gmail.comCAPITALLETTERS> wrote in message

> > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 03:15:41 -0700 (PDT), StraightDr...@y7mail.com
> > wrote:
>
> >> You people think i'm an IDIOT and a fucken LOONEY
>
> > No we don't.
>
> > We *know* you are.
> > --
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVydzNJrno
>
> You just replied to an FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH that posts with
> email address straightdr...@y7mail.com
>
> Mind Control, Mind Manipulation and Torture Technologies of U.S. National
> Security Agency (NSA)http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.cricket/browse_frm/thread/40...

S*@y7mail.com
2008-09-23 05:29:18 EST
fuck off FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH

I have several email accounts that I use

You are a boreturd anyway - you try to ape me but you only AMUSE me.

fucking PUSSY

Husband Of All FBI N NSA Agents
2008-09-23 17:09:21 EST

> fuck off FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH
>
> I have several email accounts that I use
>
> You are a boreturd anyway - you try to ape me but you only AMUSE me.
>
> fucking PUSSY

FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATH StraightDrive@y7mail.com,

The whole world knows who the REAL PUSSIES ARE.........

Any one who is reading this thread will conclude that
AmerGovtCriminalsExposer
turned the worlds most powerful FBI n NSA PSYCHOPATHS and
US Government into IMPOTENT CLOWNS.

I wanna RAPE n MAIM barbara and Jenna bush, dubyas daughters
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism/msg/ef677b1ef32633b1?hl=en&

I wanna RAPE and MAIM whore daughters of FBI, NSA and NIS DIRECTORS
Mueller, Alexander and McConnell
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.anthropology/msg/86fd0f01624a9868?hl=en&

$10,000 BOUNTY for KILLING Bush, Cheney, Robert Mueller III, Keith
Alexander, Mathew Hayden, Michael McConnell
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.activism/msg/afde4cbf9143864b?hl=en&

S*@y7mail.com
2008-09-23 18:22:18 EST
HA HA HA HA HA HA....

stupid dumbcunt Husband of All FBI n NSA Agents

You AMUSE me.

I told you to fuck off before. You are the real PUSSY here

I LAUGH when ever I read your stilly stupid comments from you because
you are a boreturd retard who has no idea and ONLY posts about RAPE
because your only girlfriend has been your MOTHER.

Now fuck off back to your girlfriend mother.

LOL