Activism Discussion: Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News

Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News

G*@yahoo.com
2008-11-05 21:23:01 EST
She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

Kenny McCormack
2008-11-06 05:45:10 EST
In article <17708773-dc1d-4ced-9564-c58d4ac9a06c@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,
<gd_dd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
>(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)

But you realize, of course, that, according to the faithful (i.e., the
people who vote for these clowns), this is an asset (to her), not a
liability. Lack of knowledge is a good thing, because it makes her like
them.

It just occurred to me that in some quarters, the election of
women/minorities (e.g., and most notably, the recent Presidential
election) is viewed as a Good Thing because then we have someone in
power who "looks like me/us" (FSVO "me" and "us"). Well, electing
people like McSame/Palin (neither of whom are intellectual giants by any
stretch) is similarly seen as a Good Thing, because they "think like us"
(rather stretching the concept of "think", but let that pass). I.e.,
they "look like us" in a mental sense.

Lubow
2008-11-06 08:33:06 EST
I think after about thirty years of B actors and drinking buddies sitting in the
Oval Office, the public finally got the message. The message is electing dummies
to the presidency can be hazardous to our economic health.

"Kenny McCormack" <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote in message
> In article
> <17708773-dc1d-4ced-9564-c58d4ac9a06c@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,
> <gd_dd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
>>(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)
>
> But you realize, of course, that, according to the faithful (i.e., the
> people who vote for these clowns), this is an asset (to her), not a
> liability. Lack of knowledge is a good thing, because it makes her like
> them.
>
> It just occurred to me that in some quarters, the election of
> women/minorities (e.g., and most notably, the recent Presidential
> election) is viewed as a Good Thing because then we have someone in
> power who "looks like me/us" (FSVO "me" and "us"). Well, electing
> people like McSame/Palin (neither of whom are intellectual giants by any
> stretch) is similarly seen as a Good Thing, because they "think like us"
> (rather stretching the concept of "think", but let that pass). I.e.,
> they "look like us" in a mental sense.

Kenny McCormack
2008-11-06 08:49:21 EST
In article <4912e201$0$28425$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>,
Lubow <lubow@lubowindustries.com> wrote:
>I think after about thirty years of B actors and drinking buddies
>sitting in the
>Oval Office, the public finally got the message. The message is electing
>dummies
>to the presidency can be hazardous to our economic health.

Your analysis is correct. I just wonder if:
a) They (the yokels in bum-f*ck states) do get it.
b) It isn't too late.

Matt Silberstein
2008-11-06 09:16:25 EST
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:23:01 -0800 (PST), in alt.atheism ,
gd_dd@yahoo.com in
wrote:

>She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
>(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)
>
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

I would not take the words of the McCain staff as gospel. They have
their own reasons for attacking Palin. If she is bad, then the loss
was not their fault.
--
Matt Silberstein

Do something today about the Darfur Genocide

http://www.beawitness.org
http://www.darfurgenocide.org
http://www.savedarfur.org

"Darfur: A Genocide We can Stop"

Repo
2008-11-06 09:19:10 EST
On Nov 5, 7:23 pm, gd...@yahoo.com wrote:
> She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
> (Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_...

The McCain campaign was poorly run, and Palin is the scapegoat for the
staff covering their behinds.

I don't believe that rumor. *If it was ever hinted by Palin, she
maybe
said something that angered her handlers. They also handled McCain
poorly, not only Palin.

Enkidu
2008-11-06 10:03:55 EST
Matt Silberstein <RemoveThisPrefixmatts2nospam@ix.netcom.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:23:01 -0800 (PST), in alt.atheism ,
> gd_dd@yahoo.com in
> <17708773-dc1d-4ced-9564-c58d4ac9a06c@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>
> wrote:
>
>>She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
>>(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)
>>
>>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_14
>>1653.html
>>
> I would not take the words of the McCain staff as gospel. They have
> their own reasons for attacking Palin. If she is bad, then the loss
> was not their fault.

She *was* bad, but I think any republican would have been doomed after
eight years of Bush. Any republican would have been is a difficult
position, running as a republican against the republican record. What was
their to say other than "Change from us to us. We're not like us, we're
us!"? That was all McCain could say, and it didn't work.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,

"As to the evil which results from censorship, it is impossible to
measure it, because it is impossible to tell where it ends."
-Jeremy Bentham

Enkidu
2008-11-06 10:08:26 EST
Enkidu <fox_rgfszx@trashmail.net> wrote in

> Matt Silberstein <RemoveThisPrefixmatts2nospam@ix.netcom.com> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:23:01 -0800 (PST), in alt.atheism ,
>> gd_dd@yahoo.com in
>> <17708773-dc1d-4ced-9564-c58d4ac9a06c@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>She also didn't know what countries are in NAFTA
>>>(Answer: U.S., Mexico, Canada)
>>>
>>>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_1
>>>4 1653.html
>>>
>> I would not take the words of the McCain staff as gospel. They have
>> their own reasons for attacking Palin. If she is bad, then the loss
>> was not their fault.

Shit, I need to read before I press "send." What I should have typed was

> She *was* bad, but I think any Republican would have been doomed after
> eight years of Bush. Any Republican would have been in a difficult
> position, running as a Republican against the Republican record. What
> was there to say other than "Change from us to us. We're not like us,
> we're us!"? That was all McCain could say, and it didn't work.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,
ULC, Modesto, CA

The universal cosmic process was not created by any god or man.
-- Heracletus, On Nature