Activism Discussion: Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

G*@yahoo.com
2008-11-08 10:06:13 EST
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45

WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
country, a black man still can't catch a break."

----------------------------

>From 2001 archive:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally
Over'
January 17, 2001 | Issue 37•01

WASHINGTON, DC – Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing
the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W.
Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long
national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over." ...

Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage
wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the
national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop
expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping
budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the
street.

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the
severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring
citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level
armed conflict in the next four years.

"You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some
point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent
boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully
committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is
the point of even having a military?" ...

Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this
nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap
between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more
widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget
surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the
foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

Lubow
2008-11-08 10:19:24 EST
History has taught us the greatest presidents achieved their greatness during
the worst of times.

<gd_dd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45

WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
country, a black man still can't catch a break."

----------------------------

>From 2001 archive:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally
Over'
January 17, 2001 | Issue 37•01

WASHINGTON, DC – Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing
the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W.
Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long
national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over." ...

Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage
wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the
national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop
expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping
budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the
street.

During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the
severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring
citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level
armed conflict in the next four years.

"You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some
point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent
boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully
committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is
the point of even having a military?" ...

Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this
nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap
between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more
widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget
surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the
foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

John Baker
2008-11-08 12:28:50 EST
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:19:24 -0500, "Lubow" <lubow@lubowindustries.com>
wrote:

>History has taught us the greatest presidents achieved their greatness during
>the worst of times.

If that's the case, then Dubya has certainly given Obama ample
opportunity to achieve greatness.

Bibon
2008-11-09 02:42:01 EST
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:06:13 -0800 (PST), gd_dd@yahoo.com wrote:

>http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations
>
>Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
>November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45
>
>WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
>least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
>president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
>reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
>overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
>infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
>Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
>his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
>cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
>such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
>one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
>activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
>country, a black man still can't catch a break."

Since you're already admitting that the job is too tough for your
token man I suggest that next time you quasi-americans aka democrats
look for another "illegal", a Mexican wetback to put on your ticket.
They'll take any job they can get.

RichTravsky
2008-11-09 03:27:18 EST
Bibon wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:06:13 -0800 (PST), gd_dd@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations
> >
> >Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
> >November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45
> >
> >WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
> >least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
> >president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
> >reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
> >overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
> >infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
> >Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
> >his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
> >cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
> >such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
> >one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
> >activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
> >country, a black man still can't catch a break."
>
> Since you're already admitting that the job is too tough for your
> token man I suggest that next time you quasi-americans aka democrats
> look for another "illegal", a Mexican wetback to put on your ticket.
> They'll take any job they can get.

Do you know what "The Onion" is?????

Lubow
2008-11-09 03:50:31 EST

> Since you're already admitting that the job is too tough for your
> token man I suggest that next time you quasi-americans aka democrats
> look for another "illegal", a Mexican wetback to put on your ticket.
> They'll take any job they can get.

Did some Bush voter say, "too tough?"

No more difficult than the last time the voters gave the Democrats the task to
clean up a GOP disaster. That was in 1932. Apparently, the public liked what
they saw because the Democrats controlled the White House until 1969 and
Congress until 1980 (except during Eisenhower's eight years) .

If history is any indicator, the Democrats will be controlling the White House
for at least the next sixteen years and Congress a lot longer. Get used to it,
boy.

2008-11-09 03:55:01 EST
On Nov 8, 10:06 am, gd...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations
>
> Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
> November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45
>
> WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
> least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
> president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
> reward position,

Well, the question more concerns that it doesn't matter in the
least.
Since we knew in the sixties, that as soon as either a black,
women, a Buddhist, a convicted nurderer,, or the Constiution was
changed to
nominate neanderthals, the first the thing stooge liberals would do
is crank
up the Apologists to number 15 on the volume control anyway.
So, the people with non-zero IQs. still invented cruise missiles,
Drones,
Phalanx, RISC++, Post AT&T Fiber Optics, Post-Ford Batteries,
Post Macy's Zoot Suits, and Post Neanderthal Robotics anyway.

Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
> overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
> infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
> Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
> his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
> cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
> such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
> one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
> activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
> country, a black man still can't catch a break."
>
> ----------------------------
>
> From 2001 archive:
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28784
>
> Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally
> Over'
> January 17, 2001 | Issue 37•01
>
> WASHINGTON, DC – Mere days from assuming the presidency and closing
> the door on eight years of Bill Clinton, president-elect George W.
> Bush assured the nation in a televised address Tuesday that "our long
> national nightmare of peace and prosperity is finally over." ...
>
> Bush swore to do "everything in [his] power" to undo the damage
> wrought by Clinton's two terms in office, including selling off the
> national parks to developers, going into massive debt to develop
> expensive and impractical weapons technologies, and passing sweeping
> budget cuts that drive the mentally ill out of hospitals and onto the
> street.
>
> During the 40-minute speech, Bush also promised to bring an end to the
> severe war drought that plagued the nation under Clinton, assuring
> citizens that the U.S. will engage in at least one Gulf War-level
> armed conflict in the next four years.
>
> "You better believe we're going to mix it up with somebody at some
> point during my administration," said Bush, who plans a 250 percent
> boost in military spending. "Unlike my predecessor, I am fully
> committed to putting soldiers in battle situations. Otherwise, what is
> the point of even having a military?" ...
>
> Bush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.
>
> "We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this
> nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap
> between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more
> widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget
> surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the
> foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

John Baker
2008-11-09 07:57:31 EST
On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 01:27:18 -0700, RichTravsky
<*y@hotmMOVEail.com> wrote:

>Bibon wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:06:13 -0800 (PST), gd_dd@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations
>> >
>> >Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
>> >November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45
>> >
>> >WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
>> >least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
>> >president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
>> >reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely
>> >overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling
>> >infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million
>> >Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of
>> >his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years
>> >cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with
>> >such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only
>> >one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and
>> >activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this
>> >country, a black man still can't catch a break."
>>
>> Since you're already admitting that the job is too tough for your
>> token man I suggest that next time you quasi-americans aka democrats
>> look for another "illegal", a Mexican wetback to put on your ticket.
>> They'll take any job they can get.
>
>Do you know what "The Onion" is?????

Billy doesn't know what his arse is.

John Baker
2008-11-09 08:51:03 EST
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 03:50:31 -0500, "Lubow" <lubow@lubowindustries.com>
wrote:

>> Since you're already admitting that the job is too tough for your
>> token man I suggest that next time you quasi-americans aka democrats
>> look for another "illegal", a Mexican wetback to put on your ticket.
>> They'll take any job they can get.
>

>Did some Bush voter say, "too tough?"
>
>No more difficult than the last time the voters gave the Democrats the task to
>clean up a GOP disaster. That was in 1932. Apparently, the public liked what
>they saw because the Democrats controlled the White House until 1969 and
>Congress until 1980 (except during Eisenhower's eight years) .
>
>If history is any indicator, the Democrats will be controlling the White House
>for at least the next sixteen years and Congress a lot longer. Get used to it,
>boy.

That depends on whether Obama can walk the walk. Over the next four
years, the Repubs will be making a list of any negatives they feel
they can exploit in 2012, and while I do consider Obama a better
choice by far than McCain, I don't expect miracles. I expect him to be
a vast improvement over what we've had for the past eight years, but I
seriously doubt that he can live up to the unrealistic expectations of
many of his supporters. I don't think anybody could.

After eight years of one of the most corrupt, self-serving
administrations in US history, headed by one of the most incompetent
and unpopular presidents in US history, the Dems could probably have
run just about anybody and won, but now that they *have* won, they're
going to have to deliver the goods. American voters are notoriously
fickle, and if the Dems don't come through, 2012 could see the neocons
regaining control. This election was a wakeup call for the right. They
ran the sloppiest, most slipshod campaign in recent memory (apparently
they were so certain of victory that they didn't feel they even needed
to try), but they aren't going to screw up that badly again. We can't
afford to be complacent.

John Baker
2008-11-09 08:52:51 EST
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 00:55:01 -0800 (PST), "zzbunker@netscape.net"
<*r@netscape.net> wrote:

>On Nov 8, 10:06 am, gd...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/black_man_given_nations
>>
>> Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job
>> November 5, 2008 | Issue 44•45
>>
>> WASHINGTON — African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the
>> least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected
>> president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-
>> reward position,
>
> Well, the question more concerns that it doesn't matter in the
>least.
> Since we knew in the sixties, that as soon as either a black,
> women, a Buddhist, a convicted nurderer,, or the Constiution was
>changed to
> nominate neanderthals, the first the thing stooge liberals would do
>is crank
> up the Apologists to number 15 on the volume control anyway.
> So, the people with non-zero IQs. still invented cruise missiles,
>Drones,
> Phalanx, RISC++, Post AT&T Fiber Optics, Post-Ford Batteries,
> Post Macy's Zoot Suits, and Post Neanderthal Robotics anyway.

Yet another dimwitted racist rightard who doesn't know that The Onion
is satire.