Activism Discussion: Come And Get Them, Obama.

Come And Get Them, Obama.

Nomen Nescio
2008-11-25 16:30:04 EST
Great jpg.

http://tiny.cc/SKa0b

Bama Brian
2008-11-26 11:45:44 EST
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:30:04 +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Great jpg.
>
> http://tiny.cc/SKa0b

Heh! I like it as well. But I wish the author was a bit more factual.

At Thermopylae, it is estimated that there were 300 Spartans, but perhaps
another 700 Greeks from other city-states. Xerxes did have a huge army
for the time, but it was likely closer to 240,000 men.

Still, the Greeks were outnumbered no less than 20 to 1.

Molon Labe, Obama!

--
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana, 1863 - 1952

Cheers,
Bama Brian
Libertarian

HeyBub
2008-11-26 14:55:23 EST
Bama Brian wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:30:04 +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> Great jpg.
>>
>> http://tiny.cc/SKa0b
>
> Heh! I like it as well. But I wish the author was a bit more
> factual.
>
> At Thermopylae, it is estimated that there were 300 Spartans, but
> perhaps another 700 Greeks from other city-states. Xerxes did have a
> huge army for the time, but it was likely closer to 240,000 men.
>
> Still, the Greeks were outnumbered no less than 20 to 1.
>
> Molon Labe, Obama!

----
Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts
with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered
at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the
plain at TEN THOUSAND Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks!
HA-OOH!

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek. This
day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future
brighter than anything we can imagine.

Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY!

Long Ranger
2008-11-26 15:14:33 EST

"HeyBub" <heybub@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Bama Brian wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:30:04 +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>
>>> Great jpg.
>>>
>>> http://tiny.cc/SKa0b
>>
>> Heh! I like it as well. But I wish the author was a bit more
>> factual.
>>
>> At Thermopylae, it is estimated that there were 300 Spartans, but
>> perhaps another 700 Greeks from other city-states. Xerxes did have a
>> huge army for the time, but it was likely closer to 240,000 men.
>>
>> Still, the Greeks were outnumbered no less than 20 to 1.
>>
>> Molon Labe, Obama!

I read the following account a few years back. The guys in this story were
outnumbered about 107 to one. Very exciting reading.

http://ultimatesniper.com/View_News_Details.cfm?NewsID=160&CategoryID=32&title_bar=THE%20LAST%20STAND%20OF%20RECON%20TEAM%20KANSAS

Trace
2008-11-28 00:41:09 EST

"Nomen Nescio" <nobody@dizum.com> wrote in message
> Great jpg.
>
> http://tiny.cc/SKa0b

Don't go there. Too many scripts and Java involved.

Chris
2008-11-28 20:54:27 EST

"Trace" <anon@anon> wrote in message news:2cklop.5da.19.1@news.alt.net...

> "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@dizum.com> wrote in message
>> Great jpg.
>>
>> http://tiny.cc/SKa0b
>>
> Don't go there. Too many scripts and Java involved.

Firefox asks if you want to run the scripts and I just said no and then
opened the photo in a separate window.