Activism Discussion: NYC's "NIGHT REGULATIONS" Ticket SCAM

NYC's "NIGHT REGULATIONS" Ticket SCAM

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-14 16:16:24 EST
This New York City government SCAM AGAINST THE PEOPLE works like this:

Signs are posted in place of the usual alternate-side parking regulations
signs, usually in more out-of-the-way, non-resential areas where people that
work night shifts or attend local social clubs and bars park.

The signs say something like: NIGHT REGULATIONS - no parking Mon., Wed.,
Sat. 12 to 2AM.

Many people will park on say a Friday night, and as Friday is not mentioned
on the sign, they believe there is no ticket risk.
SURPRISE! At precisely 12 midnight, when it becomes 12AM SATURDAY, the
police swoop down and start issuing tickets! I have actually witnessed this
on several occasions - they get there as soon as the deceptive rule goes
into effect.

Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are not
intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
city through parking tickets!

THE TIME HAS COME TO GET THESE GOVERNMENT THIEVES THE HELL OFF OF OUR BACKS!

D*@yahoo.com
2008-12-15 08:37:53 EST
On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:

> Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are not
> intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
> city through parking tickets!

I don't see what's deceptive about these signs. If you can't figure
out the day of the week changes after midnight, then you shouldn't be
driving.

Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
local businesses stay open.

Phil

Slim
2008-12-15 12:12:35 EST
On 2008-12-15 08:37:53 -0500, dogglebe@yahoo.com said:

> On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>
>> Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are no
>> intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
>> city through parking tickets!
>
> I don't see what's deceptive about these signs. If you can't figure
> out the day of the week changes after midnight, then you shouldn't be
> driving.
>
> Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
> local businesses stay open.

Seems like your opinion.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

H*@bbs.cpcn.com
2008-12-15 12:22:51 EST
On Dec 15, 12:12 pm, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:

> > Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
> > local businesses stay open.
>
> Seems like your opinion.

No, actually this is standard procedure everywhere, urban and rural.

H*@bbs.cpcn.com
2008-12-15 12:23:30 EST
On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:

> Signs are posted in place of the usual alternate-side parking regulations
> signs, usually in more out-of-the-way, non-resential areas where people that
> work night shifts or attend local social clubs and bars park.

Has this practice been documented in the news media? I could find no
mention of it.

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-15 15:04:11 EST
<*e@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:

> Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are not
> intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
> city through parking tickets!

> I don't see what's deceptive about these signs. If you can't figure
out the day of the week changes after midnight, then you shouldn't be
driving.

This is an inexcusable attempt to deceive people for profit. When a private
citizen does that, it's called FRAUD.

> Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
local businesses stay open.

HOW?
Business have a right to keep whatever hours they wish.

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-15 15:05:53 EST
<*4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message
On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:

> Signs are posted in place of the usual alternate-side parking regulations
> signs, usually in more out-of-the-way, non-resential areas where people
> that
> work night shifts or attend local social clubs and bars park.

> Has this practice been documented in the news media? I could find no
mention of it.

Neither have I, but I've come to expect that from the CONTROLLED KKKORPORATE
media.

Peter T. Daniels
2008-12-15 15:55:43 EST
On Dec 15, 3:04 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <doggl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>
> > Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are not
> > intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
> > city through parking tickets!
> > I don't see what's deceptive about these signs.  If you can't figure
>
> out the day of the week changes after midnight, then you shouldn't be
> driving.
>
> This is an inexcusable attempt to deceive people for profit. When a private
> citizen does that, it's called FRAUD.
>
> > Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
>
> local businesses stay open.
>
> HOW?
> Business have a right to keep whatever hours they wish.

What world do you live in?

Maybe you're not bigoted, just dumb. (On both counts.)

Peter T. Daniels
2008-12-15 15:56:27 EST
On Dec 15, 3:05 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <hanco...@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>
> > Signs are posted in place of the usual alternate-side parking regulations
> > signs, usually in more out-of-the-way, non-resential areas where people
> > that
> > work night shifts or attend local social clubs and bars park.
> > Has this practice been documented in the news media?  I could find no
>
> mention of it.
>
> Neither have I, but I've come to expect that from the CONTROLLED KKKORPORATE
> media.

FF don't need no stinkin' documentation!

D*@yahoo.com
2008-12-15 15:58:46 EST
On Dec 15, 3:04 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <doggl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 14, 4:16 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>
> > Clearly this is a deceptive practice, and clearly such regulations are not
> > intended for streetcleaning purposes but just to generate income for the
> > city through parking tickets!
> > I don't see what's deceptive about these signs.  If you can't figure
> > out the day of the week changes after midnight, then you shouldn't be
> > driving.
>
> This is an inexcusable attempt to deceive people for profit. When a private
> citizen does that, it's called FRAUD.

While I agree it shouldn't be, what deception is involved? If the
sign says no parking Mon, Wed Sat from 12AM to 2 AM, how could people
be deceived by it? It's obvious when you can't park in those
locations.

How would you word these signs?

> > Night regulations is often a way for the city to regulate how late
> > local businesses stay open.
>
> HOW?
> Business have a right to keep whatever hours they wish.

The city isn't telling them to close. It's saying when the streets
have to be empty.

Phil
Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)