Activism Discussion: MAYOR BLOOMBERG - Once Again FLEECING HIS SHEEP!

MAYOR BLOOMBERG - Once Again FLEECING HIS SHEEP!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-16 16:30:34 EST
Heard on radio news (CBS or WINS-AM), December 15th: New York's Mayor
Bloomberg said he will VETO the suspension of alternate side parking rules
when a snowfall is sufficient to require the use of plows. The City Council
has the power to override this, and hopefully will when necessary. The City
Council has shown itself to be far less arrogant and more considerate than
this billionaire mayor that sees us as no more than his sheep to be fleeced
for every cent possible.

So when the snow is so deep that parked cars cannot even be physically
moved, Mayor Moneybags wants to rob us by slapping tickets on them. He even
wants to make us pay an unrefundable $10 for the right to appeal the charge.

Bloomberg has repeatedly demonstrated an arrogant contempt for the
democratic process and for the citizens of the city he governs. To him, a
billionaire, a $100 or so ticket is small potatoes. He cannot or will not
understand that to most people it is a burden they cannot afford, especially
in these hard times.

This Repuglican is a member of the party of criminals that gave us:
1) The present financial crisis.
2) The present unnecessary, costly mid-east wars.
3) The 9/11 attacks that killed 3000 innocent Americans, and from which his
fascist predecessor in office profited mightily.

In his arrogant, authoritarian attitude and contempt for the common man,
Bloomberg seems more like Giuliani every day.

These tyrants need to be taught some respect for the people they work for,
which is US! When an employee disses his boss, or tries to rob him, he gets
fired. It is time that We the People, Bloomberg's bosses, either get due
respect, service, and consideration from him - or that we KICK HIM OUT as we
did war criminal Bush and his ilk!

FF

Peter T. Daniels
2008-12-16 17:04:36 EST
If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.

Once again, FF is hearing things.

Oh, and he's not a republican.

On Dec 16, 4:30 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> Heard on radio news (CBS or WINS-AM), December 15th:  New York's Mayor
> Bloomberg said he will VETO the suspension of alternate side parking rules
> when a snowfall is sufficient to require the use of plows. The City Council
> has the power to override this, and hopefully will when necessary. The City
> Council has shown itself to be far less arrogant and more considerate than
> this billionaire mayor that sees us as no more than his sheep to be fleeced
> for every cent possible.
>
> So when the snow is so deep that parked cars cannot even be physically
> moved, Mayor Moneybags wants to rob us by slapping tickets on them. He even
> wants to make us pay an unrefundable $10 for the right to appeal the charge.
>
> Bloomberg has repeatedly demonstrated an arrogant contempt for the
> democratic process and for the citizens of the city he governs. To him, a
> billionaire, a $100 or so ticket is small potatoes. He cannot or will not
> understand that to most people it is a burden they cannot afford, especially
> in these hard times.
>
> This Repuglican is a member of the party of criminals that gave us:
> 1)  The present financial crisis.
> 2)  The present unnecessary, costly mid-east wars.
> 3)  The 9/11 attacks that killed 3000 innocent Americans, and from which his
> fascist predecessor in office profited mightily.
>
> In his arrogant, authoritarian attitude and contempt for the common man,
> Bloomberg seems more like Giuliani every day.
>
> These tyrants need to be taught some respect for the people they work for,
> which is US! When an employee disses his boss, or tries to rob him, he gets
> fired. It is time that We the People, Bloomberg's bosses, either get due
> respect, service, and consideration from him - or that we KICK HIM OUT as we
> did war criminal Bush and his ilk!
>
> FF

D*@yahoo.com
2008-12-16 17:41:47 EST
On Dec 16, 5:04 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:
> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> Once again, FF is hearing things.

I've heard it. Bloomie's trying for it.

Phil

Bolwerk
2008-12-16 17:53:36 EST
d*e@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Dec 16, 5:04 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
>> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>>
>> Once again, FF is hearing things.
>
> I've heard it. Bloomie's trying for it.

I remember a controversy last year or the year before where they refused
to suspend alternate side parking in the snow.

Sancho Panza
2008-12-16 20:17:42 EST

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.

Once again, FF is hearing things.

Oh, and he's not a republican.

On Dec 16, 4:30 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> Heard on radio news (CBS or WINS-AM), December 15th: New York's Mayor
> Bloomberg said he will VETO the suspension of alternate side parking rules
> when a snowfall is sufficient to require the use of plows. The City
> Council
> has the power to override this, and hopefully will when necessary. The
> City
> Council has shown itself to be far less arrogant and more considerate than
> this billionaire mayor that sees us as no more than his sheep to be
> fleeced
> for every cent possible.
>
> So when the snow is so deep that parked cars cannot even be physically
> moved, Mayor Moneybags wants to rob us by slapping tickets on them. He
> even
> wants to make us pay an unrefundable $10 for the right to appeal the
> charge.
>
> Bloomberg has repeatedly demonstrated an arrogant contempt for the
> democratic process and for the citizens of the city he governs. To him, a
> billionaire, a $100 or so ticket is small potatoes. He cannot or will not
> understand that to most people it is a burden they cannot afford,
> especially
> in these hard times.
>
> This Repuglican is a member of the party of criminals that gave us:
> 1) The present financial crisis.
> 2) The present unnecessary, costly mid-east wars.
> 3) The 9/11 attacks that killed 3000 innocent Americans, and from which
> his
> fascist predecessor in office profited mightily.
>
> In his arrogant, authoritarian attitude and contempt for the common man,
> Bloomberg seems more like Giuliani every day.
>
> These tyrants need to be taught some respect for the people they work for,
> which is US! When an employee disses his boss, or tries to rob him, he
> gets
> fired. It is time that We the People, Bloomberg's bosses, either get due
> respect, service, and consideration from him - or that we KICK HIM OUT as
> we
> did war criminal Bush and his ilk!
>
> FF

Leaving aside what party the mayor says he's in and which line(s) he runs
on, he attempted that precise maneuver just last year:

February 16, 2007
Cold-Hearted Bloomberg Enforces Parking Rules

2007_02_icycommute.jpg

Wednesday's icy snow was a big hassle all around, but drivers were the ones
making the most complaints after the city refused to suspend alternate side
of the street parking rules. Usually during snowstorms, the alternate side
of the street parking is suspended, knowing that some cars may be buried
under snow from plows and that it can be hard or drivers to dig their cars
out. This time around, however, alternate side of the street parking was in
effect and many drivers were ticketed with $65 summons. When asked about the
outcry, Mayor Bloomberg said, classically failing to understand the issues
of his constituents, "This was not a lot of snow. It was easy to move your
car. I don't like to get up early in the morning and have to do anything
either. I'd like to sleep in, too. But it was the right thing to do."

Um, Mr. Mayor, please! You're Mayor and a billionaire - and we doubt your
car isn't parked outside your Upper East Side townhouse. Also, in the same
press conference, the Mayor said that the freezing rain made it hard for the
Department of Sanitation to keep the roads clear - how can it be safe for
people to drive on unplowed roads while looking for new parking? Even towing
vehicles at airports were so frozen they were stuck! The Mayor claimed that
keeping alternate side of the street parking was helpful for plowing, but
that's sort of circular logic.

The Mayor currently refuses to dismiss the tickets, but a Bloomberg
administration source tells the Post it was a big mistake not to suspend
parking rules. The Daily News has an editorial: "Give us break, Mr. Mayor.
Order the tickets shredded. Start a bonfire with 'em. Show you do not lack
the same vital organ as the Tin Man and you recognize the rare occasion when
you've made a boneheaded call."

Speaking of driving safely in this weather, a driver was injured when a huge
chunk of ice flew off another car and through his own windshield while in
Brooklyn (the picture is nutty). The driver only suffered minor injuries; he
just wants people to clean off their cars before driving.
http://gothamist.com/2007/02/16/coldhearted_blo.php

Peter T. Daniels
2008-12-16 20:37:51 EST
On Dec 16, 8:17 pm, "Sancho Panza" <otterpo...@xhotmail.com> wrote:
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:d4bbab6f-9b64-4632-b955-ebd6f9f1f51c@p2g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> Once again, FF is hearing things.
>
> Oh, and he's not a republican.
>
> On Dec 16, 4:30 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>

> > Heard on radio news (CBS or WINS-AM), December 15th: New York's Mayor
> > Bloomberg said he will VETO the suspension of alternate side parking rules
> > when a snowfall is sufficient to require the use of plows. The City
> > Council
> > has the power to override this, and hopefully will when necessary. The
> > City
> > Council has shown itself to be far less arrogant and more considerate than
> > this billionaire mayor that sees us as no more than his sheep to be
> > fleeced
> > for every cent possible.
>
> > So when the snow is so deep that parked cars cannot even be physically
> > moved, Mayor Moneybags wants to rob us by slapping tickets on them. He
> > even
> > wants to make us pay an unrefundable $10 for the right to appeal the
> > charge.
>
> > Bloomberg has repeatedly demonstrated an arrogant contempt for the
> > democratic process and for the citizens of the city he governs. To him, a
> > billionaire, a $100 or so ticket is small potatoes. He cannot or will not
> > understand that to most people it is a burden they cannot afford,
> > especially
> > in these hard times.
>
> > This Repuglican is a member of the party of criminals that gave us:
> > 1) The present financial crisis.
> > 2) The present unnecessary, costly mid-east wars.
> > 3) The 9/11 attacks that killed 3000 innocent Americans, and from which
> > his
> > fascist predecessor in office profited mightily.
>
> > In his arrogant, authoritarian attitude and contempt for the common man,
> > Bloomberg seems more like Giuliani every day.
>
> > These tyrants need to be taught some respect for the people they work for,
> > which is US! When an employee disses his boss, or tries to rob him, he
> > gets
> > fired. It is time that We the People, Bloomberg's bosses, either get due
> > respect, service, and consideration from him - or that we KICK HIM OUT as
> > we
> > did war criminal Bush and his ilk!
>
> > FF
>
> Leaving aside what party the mayor says he's in and which line(s) he runs
> on, he attempted that precise maneuver just last year:
>
> February 16, 2007

FF claimed he heard this yesterday morning.

> Cold-Hearted Bloomberg Enforces Parking Rules
>
> 2007_02_icycommute.jpg

driving.http://gothamist.com/2007/02/16/coldhearted_blo.php-

Not exactly an objective journalistic source!

Sancho Panza
2008-12-16 21:19:03 EST

On Dec 16, 8:17 pm, "Sancho Panza" <otterpo...@xhotmail.com> wrote:
> "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote in
> messagenews:d4bbab6f-9b64-4632-b955-ebd6f9f1f51c@p2g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> Once again, FF is hearing things.
>
> Oh, and he's not a republican.
>
> On Dec 16, 4:30 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>

> > Heard on radio news (CBS or WINS-AM), December 15th: New York's Mayor
> > Bloomberg said he will VETO the suspension of alternate side parking
> > rules
> > when a snowfall is sufficient to require the use of plows. The City
> > Council
> > has the power to override this, and hopefully will when necessary. The
> > City
> > Council has shown itself to be far less arrogant and more considerate
> > than
> > this billionaire mayor that sees us as no more than his sheep to be
> > fleeced
> > for every cent possible.
>
> > So when the snow is so deep that parked cars cannot even be physically
> > moved, Mayor Moneybags wants to rob us by slapping tickets on them. He
> > even
> > wants to make us pay an unrefundable $10 for the right to appeal the
> > charge.
>
> > Bloomberg has repeatedly demonstrated an arrogant contempt for the
> > democratic process and for the citizens of the city he governs. To him,
> > billionaire, a $100 or so ticket is small potatoes. He cannot or will
> > not
> > understand that to most people it is a burden they cannot afford,
> > especially
> > in these hard times.
>
> > This Repuglican is a member of the party of criminals that gave us:
> > 1) The present financial crisis.
> > 2) The present unnecessary, costly mid-east wars.
> > 3) The 9/11 attacks that killed 3000 innocent Americans, and from which
> > his
> > fascist predecessor in office profited mightily.
>
> > In his arrogant, authoritarian attitude and contempt for the common man,
> > Bloomberg seems more like Giuliani every day.
>
> > These tyrants need to be taught some respect for the people they work
> > for,
> > which is US! When an employee disses his boss, or tries to rob him, he
> > gets
> > fired. It is time that We the People, Bloomberg's bosses, either get due
> > respect, service, and consideration from him - or that we KICK HIM OUT
> > as
> > we
> > did war criminal Bush and his ilk!
>
> > FF
>
> Leaving aside what party the mayor says he's in and which line(s) he runs
> on, he attempted that precise maneuver just last year:
>
> February 16, 2007

FF claimed he heard this yesterday morning.
==========
The post should have referred to Bolwerk's recollection. Sorry for the
confusion.
=========

> Cold-Hearted Bloomberg Enforces Parking Rules
>
> 2007_02_icycommute.jpg

driving.http://gothamist.com/2007/02/16/coldhearted_blo.php-

Not exactly an objective journalistic source!
=========
There were quite a few others. This just came up first on my 10-second
search, and it seemed to be colorful.

D*@yahoo.com
2008-12-16 22:16:54 EST
On Dec 16, 5:53 pm, Bolwerk <n...@way.org2> wrote:
> doggl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > On Dec 16, 5:04 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> >> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> >> Once again, FF is hearing things.
>
> > I've heard it.  Bloomie's trying for it.
>
> I remember a controversy last year or the year before where they refused
> to suspend alternate side parking in the snow.

This is something I heard in the last few days.

Phil

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-17 15:22:52 EST
<*e@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Dec 16, 5:04 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:
> If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> Once again, FF is hearing things.

I've heard it. Bloomie's trying for it.

Phil
--------------
Thanks, Phil.
Once again, this troll has proven himself worthy of my PLONKING him!

FF

Peter T. Daniels
2008-12-17 18:28:27 EST
On Dec 17, 3:22 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <doggl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 16, 5:04 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > If anything like that were being proposed, let alone had been passed,
> > by the Council, we would have heard about it before now.
>
> > Once again, FF is hearing things.
>
> I've heard it.  Bloomie's trying for it.
>
> Phil
> Thanks, Phil.
> Once again, this troll has proven himself worthy of my PLONKING him!

Of course "Phil" doesn't give any more of a source than FF does.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)