Activism Discussion: CHENEY Confesses To WAR CRIMES - Time To Hang Him At The Hague

CHENEY Confesses To WAR CRIMES - Time To Hang Him At The Hague
Posts: 8

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

M*@yahoo.com
2008-12-17 19:08:22 EST
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scholar: Cheney confessed to war crime

12/17/2008

Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley believes that not only
did Vice President Dick Cheney "unambiguously" confess to a war crime
during an ABC interview on Monday, but the US' future as a nation may
depend on taking action.

Asked by MSNBC's Keith Olbermann whether Cheney had just confessed to
a war crime on national television, Turley at first replied wryly,
"It's an interesting question, isn't it? ... If someone commits a
crime and everyone's around to see it and does nothing, is it still a
crime?"

"It most certainly is a crime to participate, to create, to in many
ways monitor a torture program," he added. "What [Cheney] is
describing is most certainly and unambiguously a war crime."

During Monday's interview, Cheney was asked, "Did you authorize the
tactics that were used against Khalid Sheikh Mohamed?" and replied, "I
was aware of the program, certainly, and involved in helping get the
process cleared."

"What happens if the next administration does not press this?"
Olbermann asked. "Do we let the International Court at the Hague come
in and take over all our responsibilities for policing our own act
here?"

"That's what worries me the most," Turley replied, "is that you can't
talk about change without having some moral component to it. It's not
just about creating jobs or lowering the price of gasoline."

"What occurred in the last eight years was an assault on who we are,"
Turley said. "I think that President-elect Obama's going to have to
decide whether he wants power without principle or whether he wants to
start with a true change, to say that no matter where an investigation
will take us, if there are crimes to be found they will be
prosecuted."

"It will ultimately depend on citizens, and whether they will remain
silent in the face of a crime that's been committed in plain view,"
Turley concluded. "It is equally immoral to stand silent in the face
of a war crime and do nothing, and that is what the citizens are
doing."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Turley_Cheney_actions_unambiguously_war_crime_1217.html

Periodic Finger Movement Disorder
2008-12-17 19:39:02 EST
M0bius_S_Pretzel@yahoo.com wrote:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

Dick who ?

Ron
2008-12-17 19:51:32 EST
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:39:02 -0600, Periodic Finger Movement Disorder
<*r@me.org> wrote:

>M0bius_S_Pretzel@yahoo.com wrote:
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>
> Dick who ?


Somebody else say Keith Oberman yesterday

Freedom Fighter
2008-12-18 16:46:45 EST
<M0bius_S_Pretzel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e3bbeffc-c86c-4b33-bda0-c95ac74eaf3d@q37g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Scholar: Cheney confessed to war crime

< snip >

The time has come to subject terrorist Cheney to the same "interrogation"
techniques used on other alleged terrorists to wring the truth out of him
about his role in the 9/11 INSIDE JOB attacks.



Danny Burstein
2008-12-18 17:11:08 EST
In <9xz2l.84160$_Y1.63565@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net> writes:

>< snip >

>The time has come to subject terrorist Cheney to the same "interrogation"
>techniques used on other alleged terrorists to wring the truth out of him
>about his role in the 9/11 INSIDE JOB attacks.

Yo, Freedom From Thought. I'm afraid that MetroCard that
I put aside for you was about to expire, so I traded it
in for a new one.

But that also means your chance has timed out.

Pathetic, delusional, coward.


--
_____________________________________________________
Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
d*b@panix.com
[to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

O*@real.com
2008-12-24 00:33:17 EST
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:08:22 -0800 (PST),
M0bius_S_Pretzel@yahoo.com wrote:

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Scholar: Cheney confessed to war crime
>
>12/17/2008
>
>Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley believes that not only
>did Vice President Dick Cheney "unambiguously" confess to a war crime
>during an ABC interview on Monday, but the US' future as a nation may
>depend on taking action.
>
>Asked by MSNBC's Keith Olbermann whether Cheney had just confessed to
>a war crime on national television, Turley at first replied wryly,
>"It's an interesting question, isn't it? ... If someone commits a
>crime and everyone's around to see it and does nothing, is it still a
>crime?"
>
>"It most certainly is a crime to participate, to create, to in many
>ways monitor a torture program," he added. "What [Cheney] is
>describing is most certainly and unambiguously a war crime."
>
>During Monday's interview, Cheney was asked, "Did you authorize the
>tactics that were used against Khalid Sheikh Mohamed?" and replied, "I
>was aware of the program, certainly, and involved in helping get the
>process cleared."
>
>"What happens if the next administration does not press this?"
>Olbermann asked. "Do we let the International Court at the Hague come
>in and take over all our responsibilities for policing our own act
>here?"
>
>"That's what worries me the most," Turley replied, "is that you can't
>talk about change without having some moral component to it. It's not
>just about creating jobs or lowering the price of gasoline."
>
>"What occurred in the last eight years was an assault on who we are,"
>Turley said. "I think that President-elect Obama's going to have to
>decide whether he wants power without principle or whether he wants to
>start with a true change, to say that no matter where an investigation
>will take us, if there are crimes to be found they will be
>prosecuted."
>
>"It will ultimately depend on citizens, and whether they will remain
>silent in the face of a crime that's been committed in plain view,"
>Turley concluded. "It is equally immoral to stand silent in the face
>of a war crime and do nothing, and that is what the citizens are
>doing."
>
>http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Turley_Cheney_actions_unambiguously_war_crime_1217.html

The most dangerous thing to freedom is
to place the president above the law, for
if he is not accountable, suffers no conseqences
for breaking the law, then his is not a
President at all, he is a King!

Remember...

"This is Our Time"

Stan De SD
2008-12-25 11:25:22 EST
On Dec 18, 1:46 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <M0bius_S_Pret...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:e3bbeffc-c86c-4b33-bda0-c95ac74eaf3d@q37g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...
>
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> > Scholar: Cheney confessed to war crime
>
> < snip >
>
> The time has come to subject terrorist Cheney to the same "interrogation"
> techniques used on other alleged terrorists to wring the truth out of him
> about his role in the 9/11 INSIDE JOB attacks.

The time has come to have the nice young men in the clean white coats
come to take you away... :O|


Sam Lettering
2008-12-26 11:29:33 EST



"Stan de SD" <StanDeSD@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9ae625a8-2a7a-44ab-add6-749b03cf47fb@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 18, 1:46 pm, "Freedom Fighter" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> <M0bius_S_Pret...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:e3bbeffc-c86c-4b33-bda0-c95ac74eaf3d@q37g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...
>
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> > Scholar: Cheney confessed to war crime
>
> < snip >
>
> The time has come to subject terrorist Cheney to the same "interrogation"
> techniques used on other alleged terrorists to wring the truth out of him
> about his role in the 9/11 INSIDE JOB attacks.

The time has come to have the nice young men in the clean white coats
come to take you away... :O|
>
Correct, the entire administration should be held to account for what
they've done. The alternative is to allow Democrats the same freedoms.


Page: 1   (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron