Activism Discussion: The Quran Or The New Testament: Which Advocates Anti-Semitism Towards The Jews

The Quran Or The New Testament: Which Advocates Anti-Semitism Towards The Jews

Dan
2009-02-17 03:05:47 EST
Quranic Hate Speech against the Jews?
Or is it the Bible?

Sami Zaatari

The owner of answering-Islam Jochen the Katz has come out with an
article claiming that the Quran has hate speech against the Jews. His
article can be found here:

http://www.answeringislam.net/Quran/Contra/jews_killed_prophets.html

The missionary starts of by saying:

Are all Muslims terrorists because too many Muslim terrorists explode
bombs and commit other atrocities on a regular basis? (*) Are all
Muslims guilty of genocide because Muhammad eradicated the Banu Qurayza?
(*) Would it be justified to walk up to any of my Muslim neighbors and
call him a murderer because Christians are threatened, persecuted and
killed by Muslims on a daily basis? (Currently most prominently in Iraq.)

RESPONSE

Are all Christian's pedophiles and fornicators because too many
Christians practice pedophilia in their churches and fornication in
their cities on an almost regular basis? Are all Christians guilty of
genocide because the God of the Bible ordered his prophets to wipe out
several different tribes and nations? Would it be justified to walk up
to any of my Christian neighbors and call him a murderer because Muslims
are threatened, persecuted and killed by Christians and Zionist Jews
whom Christians support on a daily basis? (Currently most prominently in
Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan)

Glad we got that out of the way. Just for the sake of interest, as Katz
is a German, perhaps Katz can remind us as to how many people his lovely
fellow Christian German ancestors killed in WW1 and WW2.

After making his useless points, Katz goes on to try and prove the Quran
generalizes against the Jewish people, he writes:

The Qur'an claims over and over again that the Jews killed the prophets
or messengers which were sent to them:

And (remember) when you said, "O Musa (Moses)! We cannot endure one kind
of food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the
earth grows, its herbs, its cucumbers, its Fum (wheat or garlic), its
lentils and its onions." He said, "Would you exchange that which is
better for that which is lower? Go you down to any town and you shall
find what you want!" And they were covered with humiliation and misery,
and they drew on themselves the Wrath of Allah. That was because they
used to disbelieve the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs,
revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets wrongfully. That was
because they disobeyed and used to transgress the bounds (in their
disobedience to Allah, i.e. commit crimes and sins). S. 2:61 Al-Hilali &
Khan

And when it is said to them (the Jews), "Believe in what Allah has sent
down," they say, "We believe in what was sent down to us." And they
disbelieve in that which came after it, while it is the truth confirming
what is with them. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him to them): "Why then
have you killed the Prophets of Allah aforetime, if you indeed have been
believers?" S. 2:91 Al-Hilali & Khan

Verily! Those who disbelieve in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses,
lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and kill the Prophets
without right, and kill those men who order just dealings, ... announce
to them a painful torment. S. 3:21 Al-Hilali & Khan

Indignity is put over them wherever they may be, except when under a
covenant (of protection) from Allah, and from men; they have drawn on
themselves the Wrath of Allah, and destruction is put over them. This is
because they disbelieved in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses,
lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah and killed the Prophets
without right. This is because they disobeyed (Allah) and used to
transgress beyond bounds (in Allah's disobedience, crimes and sins). S.
3:112 Al-Hilali & Khan

Indeed, Allah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: "Truly,
Allah is poor and we are rich!" We shall record what they have said and
their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: "Taste you the
torment of the burning (Fire)." S. 3:181 Al-Hilali & Khan

Those (Jews) who said: "Verily, Allah has taken our promise not to
believe in any Messenger unless he brings to us an offering which the
fire (from heaven) shall devour." Say: "Verily, there came to you
Messengers before me, with clear signs and even with what you speak of;
why then did you kill them, if you are truthful?" S. 3:183 Al-Hilali & Khan

Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayat
(proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah,
and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: "Our
hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the
Messengers say)" - nay, Allah has set a seal upon their hearts because
of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little. S. 4:155 Al-Hilali
& Khan

Without question, the charge that the Jews killed the messengers and
prophets which God had sent to them is a very strong accusation. In the
above passages it even sounds like they killed all prophets which were
sent to them ? note the definite article: "the prophets". On the other
hand, there are two passages which formulate more cautiously that they
killed (only) some of them:

And indeed, We gave Musa (Moses) the Book and followed him up with a
succession of Messengers. And We gave 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam
(Mary), clear signs and supported him with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael
(Gabriel) ]. Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what
you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some, you disbelieved and
some, you killed. S. 2:87 Al-Hilali & Khan

Certainly We made a covenant with the Children of Israel and We sent to
them messengers; whenever there came to them a messenger with what that
their souls did not desire, some (of them) they called liars, and some
(of them) they killed. S. 5:70

I will leave it to the reader whether he wants to think of the latter
two verses as contradicting or as clarifying the majority of the
passages quoted in the first block.

In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the
author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one
of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews
allegedly killed?

Are the Jews guilty simply because the Qur'an repeats these
unsubstantiated claims over and over again? What is the purpose of these
constant attacks on the Jews? Could it be that they have the purpose to
instill in Muslims a hatred against the Jews "as Jews" without
differentiating between the guilty (if they are indeed guilty) and the
innocent? Isn't this what is called hate speech? If it is wrong to call
all Muslims murderers, why is it not wrong to label all Jews summarily
as killers of the prophets?

RESPONSE

There are many points to respond to. So let us begin with the Quranic
passages he cites. For starters do the Quranic passages make
generalizations against the Jews, or has Katz the Nazi made the
generalization?

The simple answer is that Katz has made the generalizations, not the
Quran. Whenever the Quran accuses the Jews of killing the prophets, or
committing sins it is specifically referring to the evil and ignorant
Jews, not ALL the Jews.

How do we know this? Well the Quran openly states that not all Jews are
bad, and not all Jews are condemned to the hell-fire, as the Quran says:

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish
(scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in
Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no
fear, nor shall they grieve. (5:69)

Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that
stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long,
and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in Allah and
the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and
they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of
the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of
them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right. (3:113-115)

These two verses here are enough to refute all of Katz' garbage claims
that the Quran is making generalizations against the Jews. How can the
Quran be making hate speech against the Jews when it says that not ALL
Jews are bad, and that there are a portion of Jews who do and stand for
justice!

Katz has intentionally left these verses out to make his false argument
against the Quran.

So to put it very simply, whenever the Quran condemns the Jews, accusing
them of killing prophets, disobeying prophets, and breaking the
covenants. It is simply referring to the evil and sinful Jews, not ALL
Jews. Had the Quran NEVER said that not all Jews are bad then maybe Katz
would have a point, but since the Quran makes it clear that not ALL Jews
are bad it allows us to come to this understanding, which is as I repeat
again, that whenever the Quran condemns the Jews for their crimes, it is
specifically condemning the evil ones amongst them.

Katz goes on to make petty points, asking:

In any case, it is amazing that with all these repeated accusations, the
author of the Qur'an did not consider it necessary to mention even one
of those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews
allegedly killed?

What does it matter who they were? The important point is that they
killed the prophets, that is the important matter at hand.

What is the purpose of these constant attacks on the Jews? Could it be
that they have the purpose to instill in Muslims a hatred against the
Jews "as Jews" without differentiating between the guilty (if they are
indeed guilty) and the innocent? Isn't this what is called hate speech?
If it is wrong to call all Muslims murderers, why is it not wrong to
label all Jews summarily as killers of the prophets?

Notice how the missionary claims the Quran says that ALL Jews killed the
prophets! It is amazing how people can lie! I will quote the Quran for
him again:

Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book are a portion that
stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of Allah all night long,
and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in Allah and
the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and
they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of
the righteous. Of the good that they do, nothing will be rejected of
them; for Allah knoweth well those that do right. (3:113-115)

Did you forget about this verse Mr. Katz?

Katz then claims that these verses are meant to make Muslims hate Jews,
this is why Jews would live under the Muslims in much better conditions
than your Christian ancestors?

Anyone who studies history, with no bias, will find out that the Muslims
have treated the Jews far far far far far more better than the
Christians ever did.

Who made the holocaust? Who made the crusades that killed as many Jews
on their way to Jerusalem? Who made the crusades that killed every Jew
they saw in Jerusalem? Who made the terms kike, yid, yiddo, and hook
nose? All of these anti-Jewish events in history have been perpetrated
by CHRISTIANS and WESTERNERS.

Whether Katz or any Christian will admit it, the fact is that the
Christians (the people who say they love everyone, quite hilarious as
they kill more people than anyone!) have more Jewish blood on their
hands than any Muslim.

Secondly, if anyone is honest with themselves, conflict between the
Muslims and the Jews has never been because one is a Jew, and the other
is a Muslim. However so when Christians fought and killed Jews it was
for no other reason than the Jews being Jews! Basically being a Jew was
they're only crime that got them killed and oppressed by the Christians.

As for anti-Semitism against the Jews, what about Katz' unholy Bible?
Let us apply Katz' own methodology, remember Katz said why didn't the
Quran mention the names of the prophets that the Jews killed? Well why
didn't Jesus do that neither in the Bible?! Jesus said this in the Bible:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest
them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy
children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings,
and ye would not! (Matthew 23:37)

Who are these prophets?! In fact I will rephrase Katz' question, in the
words of Katz with some changes:

In any case, it is amazing that with this accusation, the author of the
Gospel of Matthew did not consider it necessary to mention even one of
those prophets by name. Who are those prophets which the Jews allegedly
killed?

Indeed Katz, who are these prophets? WHO?!

Does it end there? No, even Paul did the same thing:

1 Thessalonians
Chapter 2

14-16:

For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in
Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of
your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: 15 Who both killed
the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they
please not God, and are contrary to all men: 16 Forbidding us to speak
to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway:
for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Who are the prophets? Paul only mentions Jesus, who are the other
prophets?! Notice Paul also says JEWS, and says THEM, he doesn't say
SOME of the Jews, he just says Jews, and them. Using Katz' logic Paul
was generalizing on the Jews for saying Jews, and them, just like when
the Quran said Jews, and you!

Amazing isn't it? Look at the inconsistency, and hypocrisy of this Nazi
missionary, this clown knows these verses are in his Bible, yet he makes
such arguments against the Quran!

This shows you that this Nazi missionary has no care for the truth, but
wants to create lies upon the Islamic faith, and the Muslim nation.

In fact it doesn't end there for this sad missionary, the Bible claims
that the blood of Jesus is upon ALL JEWS! As we read:

Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our
children. Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged
Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified. Then the soldiers of the
governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the
whole band of soldiers. And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet
robe. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his
head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him,
and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! And they spit upon him,
and took the reed, and smote him on the head. (Matthew 27:25-30)

And this isn't bigotry? And this doesn't bring hate against the Jews?!
It is a FACT that this verse right here has been one of the main causes
of Christian anti-Semitism and persecution against the Jews.

Katz will say that the words here are the words of the Jews themselves,
it is not the opinion of the Bible itself, yet this shows how
INCOMPETENT his Bible is. Why wouldn't Matthew clarify after writing
this, that we must remember not all Jews were like this, and we
shouldn't blame every Jew for Jesus' death because some Jews said his
blood on our hands. Matthew, Mark, Luke, none of them make any
clarification. Didn't they know that such a verse would cause major
anti-semitism against the Jewish race? Weren't they under the Holy
Spirit? Wasn't the Holy Spirit smart enough to clarify such a remark as
to make sure it can't be used as an excuse to be used against the entire
Jewish people? Obviously not, since Jews to this day suffer from this verse!

Jews for Judaism write this:

To answer these questions objectively one need only to read and compare
the Gospel narratives of events surrounding the trial and execution of
Jesus. These accounts show wide discrepancies, but it is the manner in
which the blame for Jesus' death is shifted away from the local Roman
authorities and placed upon all Jews, everywhere, that is most telling
of the intent of the Gospel authors. Events, whether real or imaginary,
are recorded in such a way as to condemn the Jewish people. A distinct
effort is made to involve and accuse the entire Jewish people of being
responsible for Jesus' death. Jews, especially their leader, are
portrayed in the Gospels as constantly plotting the demise of the
innocent Jesus, but the accusations do not stop there. The New Testament
authors portray the Jews as innately evil and perverse. Yet, at the same
time, not one Roman is held culpable for the execution or portrayed as
evil. (http://jewsforjudaism.org/web/faq/faq001.html)

So remember Katz claimed the Quran is trying to install hatred against
the Jews, yet this verse I just quoted now, which is supposedly 2000
years old, to this very day in 2008, is causing problems for the Jewish
people! Talk about stirring hate!

In fact if you take this verse to any Jew, they will tell you why are
you being racist and anti-Semitic against me.

It gets worst though, in fact this time it gets funny. You see since
Katz is so incompetent, by mistake he kept his notes within his article!
He left a comment by Sam Shamoun by mistake, which says:

Sam: Will the above get me in trouble when comparing it with the
statements of Jesus in Luke 11:47-51? There are differences, but the
Luke passage is not an easy one.

Talk about leaving a smoking gun as well, let us all go read Luke
11:47-51 and see who is the anti-Semitic one:

Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your
fathers killed them. Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of
your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their
sepulchres. Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them
prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation
of the world, may be required of this generation; From the blood of Abel
unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the
temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
(Luke 11:47-51)

Here we have Jesus again accusing the Jews and their fathers of killing
the prophets, just like Katz asks, I ask him, WHO ARE THESE PROPHETS?
Your Bible is making this repeated accusation now and no names are being
given!

Katz will say the verse is only referring to Pharisees, are not
Pharisees Jews? And are ALL Pharisees evil?! This therefore means that
ALL Jewish authorities are corrupt and wicked, and cannot be trusted,
talk about an anti-Semitic generalization!

I really want to thank Katz for this blunder; it was very nice to laugh
at. It also shows you these men are quite sick, how they reason like
devils amongst themselves, asking "will this get me in trouble" they are
such liars they are worried they will be caught out and have to consult
each other. Hilarious indeed.

There is worst to come, Jesus actually calls the Jews the son of the
Devil, and that their father is Satan himself! We read in John 8:37-44:

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my
word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my
Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They
answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto
them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I
have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father.
Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one
Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye
would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I
of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even
because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the
lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,
and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he
speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father
of it.

So Jesus claims they are of their father who is the devil, and then he
characterizes them as murderers as well!

One excuse Katz and his Christian pals like to bring up is that Jesus
was a Jew, as if this will excuse the anti-Semitism of the Bible! We
will let Jews for Judaism respond to this claim:

The author of the Gospel of John clearly places himself, and those whom
he represents, as separated from the Jews. He speaks of "the Passover of
the Jews" (John 2:13, 6:4, 11:55), the religious rules of the Jews about
purification (John 2:6), a religious festival of the Jews (John 5:1),
the Festival of Tabernacles of the Jews (John 7:2), the Day of
Preparation of the Jews (John 19:42), and the way in which Jews prepare
a body for burial (John 19:40).

And quite as clearly he regards Jesus as not "a Jew." In talking to the
Jews, Jesus speaks of "your Law" (John 7:19, 8:17, 10:34) and "your
circumcision" (John 7:22). Abraham is "your father" (John 8:56). When
the Jews say to him, "Our ancestors ate manna in the desert" (John
6:31), Jesus replies, "What Moses gave you was not the bread from
heaven" (John 6:32), and later on says, "Your ancestors ate the manna in
the desert" (John 6:49).

It is true that twice Jesus is called a Jew: by the Samaritan woman
(John 4:9) and by Pilate (John 18:35). But in both instances the term is
used in its sense of "person of Judah," contrasted with the Samaritan
and the Roman. The same applies in John 4:22, where Jesus says to the
Samaritan woman, "You [Samaritans] do not really know whom you worship;
we [Jews] know whom we worship, for salvation is from the Jews." For
John's Jesus, "Salvation is from the Jews" does not refer to the Jewish
people per se. "Salvation" is now the inheritance of the true worshiper
of God as defined by Jesus (John 4:23).

Apart from those two instances, it is only in John 1:11 that Jesus is
identified as a Jew, in the statement that he comes to "his own
country," but "his own people" did not receive him. This passage,
however, does not go against the Gospel as a whole, in which Jesus is
shown as not being a part of "the Jews." Jesus appears as no longer a
member of the Jewish people or its religion but speaks to the Jews as if
he were a non-Jew. The Fourth Gospel is not about a Jew or written for
Jews and expresses contempt for Jews and Judaism.
(http://jewsforjudaism.org/web/faq/faq106.html)

Let us all go to the book of Revelations now, specifically Revelations
chapter 3 verse 9:

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are
Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and
worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Today's Jews who reject Jesus as the Messiah are the ones who are being
referred to in this verse! Hence here we have a sweeping generalization
on most Jews that they are liars, and actually belong to the synagogue
of satan! I guess this is the Christian love.

All of this makes it clear that Katz a hypocrite, and a distorter of the
truth, he was so worried he had to even have consultations with his
brother Sam Shamoun, worried his lies would be exposed and would come
back to hit him.

You almost have to laugh at Katz when he concludes:

The quranic attack on the Jews (of Muhammad's time and all times) is
unsubstantiated and therefore unjust. The quranic treatment of this
matter is incomplete, incoherent, and even contradictory. As it stands,
these verses constitute hate speech. Taking the totality of these
passages, we have to conclude that the Qur'an is both factually wrong
and morally wrong on this matter.

Jochen Katz

This really makes you chuckle doesn't it? What makes this truly sad is
that many Christians are duped by his garbage! Oh well, if you are
willfully ignorant, then it is your fault.

And Allah Knows Best!

www.muslim-responses.com

S*@gmail.com
2009-02-17 08:58:15 EST
Dan, you are a Muslim zombie. Why don't you make the effort to
understand Islam? Do you understand the origins of Islam and the
Koran? Have you ever talked to Muslim reformers? If you study Islam (I
mean open-minded, critical study, not memorizing), you will realize
that you can not trust Koran, so you have to use your own brain to
decide which parts of the Koran must be discarded.
___________________________________

"The Qur’an claims for itself that it is ‘mubeen,’ or clear, but if
you just look at it, you will see that every fifth sentence or so
simply doesn’t make sense… If the Qur’an is not comprehensible, if it
can’t even be understood in Arabic, then it’s not translatable into
any language." - Gerd Puin

Koran is full of internal contradictions, scientific errors and
historical blunders. 54:19 mentions Aad was destroyed in a day but
69:6,7 mentions Aad was destroyed in seven nights and eight days;
19:17 shows an angel appeared to Mary but 3:42 shows several angels
appeared; 28:40 mentions pharaoh drowned and died but 10:92 states
that the same pharaoh was saved; 18:86 states that sun sets in a muddy
spring of water; 15:19 mentions earth is flat; 86:6,7 states that
semen emits from between back-bone and the ribs; 19:27,28 states that
Mary was the sister of Aaron, whereas history shows they were born
about 1300 years apart; 28:8 tells that pharaoh and Haman were living
at the same time and place whereas history clearly shows they were
born about 1000 years apart and pharaoh lived in Egypt and Haman lived
in Shushan city in Persia; and 4:157 says that Jesus was not crucified
whereas it is crystal clear in historical records that Jesus was
crucified and not another man who looked like Jesus. By the way, the
transliterated name of Jesus in arabic Quran is Isa but even this is
wrong because the name of Esau, brother of Jacob (Yaqub in arabic) is
Isa in arabic. The correct transliterated name of Jesus in arabic is
Yasu. Isa (Esau) means ‘hairy’ and Yasu (Jesus) means ‘God saves.’
source: http://islam-watch.org/LeavingIslam/Why-I-Quit-Islam.htm

- The Quran is full with major scientific errors. The myth of
scientific miracles is designed to cover up those errors.
- The Quran is full with grammatical and other language errors that
would never be accepted in any other book or from any other writer.
- The Quran has been deliberately wrapped by confusing sound and
visual effects so that it doesn't look like a normal book when heard
or read.
- The Quran is full with repetitions of stories that have no relevance
to our time, or even to Mohammed's time. Such repetitions account for
nearly one thirds of the book.
- Some verses are incomplete, while others contain irrelevant
insertions or seem to be completely out of place. It is likely that
the scribes or the people who collected the Quran committed such
errors.
- There is almost no resemblance at all between the Meccan verses and
the Medina verses, a fact well known to Muslims. However, the Muslims'
explanations are not convincing. We do not expect Allah to change his
style or dialect when Mohammed moves from one place to another. A more
logical explanation is that the authors or Mohammed's sources have
changed.
- Humans' errors of the scribes and the people responsible of the
early collections of the Quran may account for many of its errors.
Some verses could have been included more than once (hence the
excessive repetitions) and some may have been misplaced or gone
completely missing.
source: http://www.islam-watch.org/MuminSalih/My-Story-with-Quran-Losing-Religion2.htm

According to Koran, Allah created man from:
Sura 3:59 dust
Sura 15:26 dried clay of altered mud
Sura 16:4 mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge
Sura 24:45 water
Sura 35:11 dust
Sura 75:37 mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge
Sura 96:2 blood clot

While there may well have been a historical individual named Ubu'l
Kassim who was later entitled Mohammed ("The Praised One"), who raised
followers and participated in the initiation of the Arab Conquest, he
likely came from northeast Arabia in what is now southern Jordan. The
deity that Ubu'l Kassim chose to follow was Allah, a contraction of al-
Lah, the ancient Arab God of the Moon [note: which is why the symbol
of Islam to this day is the crescent moon]. Ubu'l Kassim died,
however, some years before the Arab Conquest was fully under way (the
traditional date is 632). Al-Rawandi summarizes what then happened:
Once the Arabs had acquired an empire, a coherent religion was
required in order to hold that empire together and legitimize their
rule. In a process that involved a massive backreading of history, and
in conformity to the available Jewish and Christian models, this meant
they needed a revelation and a revealer – a Prophet – whose life could
serve at once as a model for moral conduct and as a framework for the
appearance of the revelation. Hence (Ubu'l Kassim was selected to be
the Prophet), the Koran, the Hadith (Sayings of the Prophet), and the
Sira were contrived and conjoined over a period of a couple of
centuries. Topographically, after a century or so of Judaeo-Moslem
monotheism centered on Jerusalem, in order to make Islam distinctively
Arab … an inner Arabian biography of Mecca, Medina, the Quraysh, the
Prophet and his Hegira (flight from Mecca to Medina alleged in 622,
Year One in the Islamic calendar) was created as a purely literary
artifact. An artifact, moreover, based not on faithful memories of
real events, but on the fertile imaginations of Arab storytellers
elaborating from allusive references in Koranic texts, the canonical
text of the Koran not being fixed for nearly two centuries. (p.104) Al-
Rawandi concludes that the Sira, the life of Mohammed in Mecca and
Medina, is a myth, a "baseless fiction." This is the conclusion of a
substantial number of serious academic historians working in Islamic
studies today. They include Mohammed Ibn al-Warraq, Mohammed Ibn al-
Rawandi, John Wansbrough, Kenneth Cragg, Patricia Crone, Michael Cook,
John Burton, Andrew Rippin, Julian Baldick, Gerald Hawting, and
Suliman Bashear. Yet they and their research are virtually unknown.
source: http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/24/152943.shtml

Any religion that requires total obedience without thought is not
likely to produce people capable of critical thought, people capable
of free and independent thought. Such a situation is favorable to the
development of a powerful "clergy" and is clearly responsible for the
intellectual, cultural, and economic stagnation of several centuries.
Illiteracy remains high in Muslim countries. Historically, as there
never was any separation of state and religion, any criticism of one
was seen as a criticism of the other… No Muslim country has developed
a stable democracy; Muslims are being subjected to every kind of
repression possible. Under these conditions healthy criticism of
society is not possible, because critical thought and liberty go
together… All innovations are discouraged in Islam - every problem is
seen as a religious problem rather than a social or economic one… If a
man were to break into a woman's dormitory and rape half a dozen
women, he would risk nothing since there would be no male witnesses.
Indeed a female victim of rape is unlikely to file a lawsuit because
she would risk being condemned herself and have little chance of
obtaining justice… According to Muslim jurists, the husband is not
obliged under Islamic law to pay for her (wife) medical expenses in
case of illness… According to Women's Action Forum, a woman's rights
organization, 72% of all women in police custody in Pakistan are
physically and sexually abused… Under Islamic law a woman cannot be
the head of state. source: http://islam-watch.org/IbnWarraq/Islam's-Shame-Veil-Tears.htm

A Guide to Quranic Contradictions: http://www.islam-watch.org/AbulKasem/quranic.contradictions/index.html

Contradictions in the Koran:
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/contra/by_name.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Qur%27an

Errors in the Koran:
Scribal Errors: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/scribal.html
Grammatical Errors: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/grammar.html
The Gate: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/gate.html
Zul-Qarnain: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/alex.html
Zul-Qarnain and the Sun: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/spring.html
Inventions to protect the miracle: http://members.aol.com/AlHaqq4u/inventions.html

Outrageous Linguistic Errors in the Koran:
http://www.news.faithfreedom.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2104

Why Koran cannot be trusted: http://www.news.faithfreedom.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2154

Dan
2009-02-17 14:46:59 EST
Even though Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world today, it
also happens to be the most misunderstood. The True Call dispels some of
the commonly associated myths with the religion of Islam.

Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth The
Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verse 42

http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=33

Freedom Fighter
2009-02-17 15:48:07 EST
See what RELIGION does to peoples' minds?

Adults no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy - but they still kill each other
over ancient myths and superstitions.

"We all remember how many religious wars were fought for a religion of love
and gentleness; how many bodies were burned alive with the genuinely kind
intention of saving souls from the eternal fire of hell." --- Karl Popper

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."
--- Robert M. Pirsig

The Freedom From Religion Foundation: http://ffrf.org/
The Secular Coalition for America: www.secular.org
Secular Student Alliance: www.secularstudents.org
www.infidels.org
www.humaniststudies.org
www.atheistalliance.org
www.americanhumanist.org

Topaz
2009-02-17 17:40:10 EST

Jews say that being "anti-Semitic" is a terrible crime. Do they say
being "anti-Arab" is a terrible crime? What about "anti-Christian", or
"anti-German"? Of course the Jews think
they are special. Any other group could be our enemy, but not the
Jews, they say. The Jews tell us the Arabs are our enemies. The
Jewish controlled media tells us that the Jews are America's only
friend in the Middle East. The truth is that before these Jews America
didn't have any enemies in the Middle East.

No one is moaning because America once fought the British. But
suddenly Jews can not be the enemy under any circumstances. Why is
that? Because the Jews control the media. Think outside the box.

Now that America is ruled by the Jews it is no insult to be called
"anti-Semite". The insult is that they think we care about their self
serving verbiage.

The Jewish controlled media said the French were "cheese eating
surrender monkeys". Why can't the French howl "anti-French" like the
Jews howl "anti-Semite"? Because the French don't control the media,
Jews do.

This is what President Nixon said:

http://www.hnn.us/comments/15664.html

"There may be some truth in that if the Arabs have some complaints
about my policy towards Israel, they have to realize that the Jews in
the U.S. control the entire information and propaganda machine, the
large newspapers, the motion pictures, radio and television, and the
big companies. And there is a force that we have to take into
consideration."

http://www.ihr.org/ http:// www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/

http://www.natvan.com http://www.nsm88.org

http://wsi.matriots.com/jews.html

S*@gmail.com

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fastest_growing_religion

>From the period between 2000 and 2005, Pentecostalism experienced a
global growth rate of 488% expanding from 115 million to 588.5 million
[7] global adherents. This classes Pentecostalism as the fastest
growing religion world wide...

Data for Islam reveal that the growing number of Muslims is due
primarily to immigration (in the West) and higher birth rates
(worldwide)...

There is considerable difficulty in ascertaining the number of Muslims
and as a result most measurements are inflated. The issue of apostasy
in Islam is a major factor in this discrepancy. Countries such as
Islamic Republic of Pakistan, The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan,
Islamic Republic of Iran, Saudi Arabia and Algeria disallow legal
recognition of non-Islamic religions, Islamic apostates and or impose
the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy.