Activism Discussion: Return Of The War Party

Return Of The War Party

Dan
2009-02-28 22:13:44 EST
February 27, 2009
PJB: Return of the War Party

By Patrick J. Buchanan

“Real men go to Tehran!” brayed the neoconservatives, after the success
of their propaganda campaign to have America march on Baghdad and into
an unnecessary war that has forfeited all the fruits of our Cold War
victory.

Now they are back, in pursuit of what has always been their great goal:
an American war on Iran. It would be a mistake to believe they and their
collaborators cannot succeed a second time. Consider:

On being chosen by Israel’s President Shimon Peres to form the new
regime, Likud’s “Bibi” Netanyahu declared, “Iran is seeking to obtain a
nuclear weapon and constitutes the gravest threat to our existence since
the war of independence.”

Echoing Netanyahu, headlines last week screamed of a startling new
nuclear breakthrough by the mullahs. “Iran ready to build nuclear
weapon, analysts say,” said CNN. “Iran has enough uranium to make a
bomb,” said the Los Angeles Times. Armageddon appeared imminent.

Asked about Iran’s nukes in his confirmation testimony, CIA Director
Leon Panetta blurted, “From all the information I’ve seen, I think there
is no question that they are seeking that capability.”

Tuesday, Dennis Ross of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, a
front spawned by the Israeli lobby AIPAC, was given the Iranian
portfolio. AIPAC’s top agenda item? A U.S. collision with Iran.

In the neocon Weekly Standard, Elliot Abrams of the Bush White House
parrots Netanyahu, urging Obama to put any land-for-peace deals with the
Palestinians on a back burner. Why?

“The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is now part of a broader struggle in
the region over Iranian extremism and power. Israeli withdrawals now
risk opening the door not only to Palestinian terrorists but to Iranian
proxies.”

The campaign to conflate Hamas, Hezbollah and Syria as a new axis of
evil, a terrorist cartel led by Iranian mullahs hell-bent on building a
nuclear bomb and using it on Israel and America, has begun. The
full-page ads and syndicated columns calling on Obama to eradicate this
mortal peril before it destroys us all cannot be far off.

But before we let ourselves be stampeded into another unnecessary war,
let us review a few facts that seem to contradict the war propaganda.

First, last week’s acknowledgement that Iran has enough enriched uranium
for one atom bomb does not mean Iran is building an atom bomb.

To construct a nuclear device, the ton of low-enriched uranium at Natanz
would have to be run through a second cascade of high-speed centrifuges
to produce 55 pounds of highly enriched uranium (HUE).

There is no evidence Iran has either created the cascade of high-speed
centrifuges necessary to produce HUE or that Iran has diverted any of
the low-enriched uranium from Natanz. And the International Atomic
Energy Agency inspectors retain full access to Natanz.

And rather than accelerating production of low-enriched uranium, only
4,000 of the Natanz centrifuges are operating. Some 1,000 are idle. Why?

Dr. Mohamed El-Baradei, head of the IAEA, believes this is a signal that
Tehran wishes to negotiate with the United States, but without yielding
any of its rights to enrich uranium and operate nuclear power plants.

For, unlike Israel, Pakistan and India, none of which signed the Nuclear
Non-Proliferation Treaty and all of which ran clandestine programs and
built atom bombs, Iran signed the NPT and has abided by its Safeguards
Agreement. What it refuses to accept are the broader demands of the U.N.
Security Council because these go beyond the NPT and sanction Iran for
doing what it has a legal right to do.

Moreover, Adm. Dennis Blair, who heads U.S. intelligence, has just
restated the consensus of the 2007 National Intelligence Estimate that
Iran does not now possess and is not now pursuing a nuclear weapons program.

Bottom line: Neither the United States nor the IAEA has conclusive
evidence that Iran either has the fissile material for a bomb or an
active program to build a bomb. It has never tested a nuclear device and
has never demonstrated a capacity to weaponize a nuclear device, if it
had one.

Why, then, the hype, the hysteria, the clamor for “Action This Day!”? It
is to divert America from her true national interests and stampede her
into embracing as her own the alien agenda of a renascent War Party.

None of this is to suggest the Iranians are saintly souls seeking only
peace and progress. Like South Korea, Japan and other nations with
nuclear power plants, they may well want the ability to break out of the
NPT, should it be necessary to deter, defend against or defeat enemies.

But that is no threat to us to justify war. For decades, we lived under
the threat that hundreds of Russian warheads could rain down upon us in
hours, ending our national existence. If deterrence worked with Stalin
and Mao, it can work with an Iran that has not launched an offensive war
against any nation within the memory of any living American.

Can we Americans say the same?

ShareThis

http://buchanan.org/blog/2009/02/pjb-return-of-the-war-party/

S*@gmail.com
2009-02-28 22:42:24 EST
“Muslims must kill non-believers wherever they are unless they convert
to Islam.” - Ali Gom’a (grand mufti of Egypt, the highest Muslim
religious authority in the world, Al Ahram, April 7, 2008) source:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8066

100% of the most dangerous terrorists are Muslims:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

Tears of Jihad: http://www.politicalislam.com/tears/pages/tears-of-jihad

American Muslim leader Khalid Abdul Muhammad speaks about whites (2
minutes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJh_mNXPw-E

Hate preaching in Western mosques (2 min. video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1tWTtveFL8

What Islam is not (8 min. video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8789NMWZ9EI

Young Talib beheads Ghulam Nabi: http://tinyurl.com/2rb2e3

The Third Jihad (32 min. video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11RyysChYc

Enough of Radical Islam: http://townhall.com/columnists/BenShapiro/2008/12/03/enough_of_radical_islam

Hindu Man: Why I hate Islam:
http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2008/11/30/a-hindu-man-explains-why-i-hate-islam/

Arabs are racists because they are Muslims:
http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=30875BC8-5FB3-4A07-B9B6-644FA28D99EE

Roy Harper's song, The Black Cloud Of Islam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuO6-QO9xM0

Islamic doctrine of taqiyya (lying):
part 1 http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/war-and-peace-%E2%80%94-and-deceit-%E2%80%94-in-islam-part-1/
part 2: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/war-and-peace-%E2%80%94-and-deceit-%E2%80%94-in-islam-part-2/

While Europe Slept (free book): http://d.scribd.com/docs/14ami0lwxesprvxeiw6s.pdf

Brigitte Gabriel founded ACT, the most effective anti-Islamist
organization in the U.S.: http://www.actforamerica.org/

ACT also has international chapters:
http://www.actforamerica.org/index.php/local-chapters/international-chapters

Petition to end Muslim immigration: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-more-Muslim-immigration

Dan
2009-03-02 00:50:19 EST
The Malice of Lying
A featured article

“fabric of social life.”
By IslamReligion.com

Lying is a common part of human relationships. People lie for a variety
of reasons. They may lie as part of self-presentation, in order to
present a more favorable image to others. People may also lie in order
to minimize conflict, because lying may make disagreements less obvious.
Although lying may serve useful functions in these respects, it can
also be damaging to relationships. An exposed lie undermines trust and
sows suspicion, because a person who has been lied to is likely to
mistrust the person who lied in the future.[1] Some people even lie due
to habit at first impulse. ‘Everyday lies are really part of the fabric
of social life,’ says Bella DePaulo, a psychologist and lying expert at
the University of Virginia. Her research shows both men and women lie
in approximately a fifth of their social exchanges lasting 10 or more
minutes; over the course of a week they deceive about 30 percent of
those with whom they interact one-on-one. Furthermore, some types of
relationships, such as those between parents and teens, are virtual
magnets for deception. Lying is considered integral to many
occupations: we see lawyers constructing far-fetched theories on behalf
of their clients or reporters misrepresenting themselves in order to
gain access to good stories.[2]

Lying is a despicable vice, rampant in our societies. Deceiving others
with the canny use of words is seen as clever. Public figures lie.
Governments lie. One of the distinctions of our age is that lying no
longer carries the stigma it once did. Today lying has become
institutionalized. It is the way many of us live now, right from the
top, because we figured out that if we are persuasive enough, lying
works. Countries are invaded and wars are started based on lies. “We”
never lie, we just bend the truth a little, put a spin, having no
intention to mislead, but the “others” are liars. Ours is a society
that has perfected the “art” of lying. Gone are the days when a lie
destroyed the liar’s dignity and deprived him of our trust.

Islam views lying as a serious vice. God says in the Quran:

“And do not say that of which you have no knowledge.” (Quran 17:36)

The Prophet, may the blessing and mercy of God be upon him, stressed the
importance of always being truthful and the seriousness of habitual
lying, “Truthfulness leads to piety and piety leads to the Paradise. A
man should be truthful until he is written down as truthful with God.
Lying leads to deviance and deviance leads to the Fire. A man will lie
until he is written down as a liar with God.”[3] Truth is to state what
corresponds with reality, how things are, and is the opposite of lying.
The malice of lying is tied to hypocrisy as described by the Prophet
Muhammad, “If anyone has four characteristics, he is a pure hypocrite,
and if anyone has one of them, he has an aspect of hypocrisy until he
gives it up: whenever he is trusted, he betrays his trust; whenever he
speaks, he lies; when he makes an agreement, he breaks it; and when he
quarrels, he deviates from the truth by speaking falsely.”[4] The
Prophet’s teaching is that we try our best to free ourselves of
hypocrisy by keeping our trusts, telling the truth, keeping our
promises, and not speaking falsely.

Islamicly, the most heinous lie is against God, His prophets, His
revelation, and bearing false witness. We should be careful not to make
false excuses like ‘I was too busy or I forgot,’ or say words that can
be taken as promises by others like ‘I’ll call back tomorrow,’ with no
such intention. At the same time, not lying should not be confused with
impoliteness, ‘saying at it is,’ but we should be careful not to lie
about little things when no one apparently gets hurt. This can be done
by carefully choosing our words.

Is “Never lie!” an absolute principle of Islam or are there exceptions?
Suppose that a would-be murderer comes knocking on your door, looking
for his victim. Is the morally correct answer, “She’s hiding upstairs,
hoping you will go away”? Philosophers like Kant wrote as if this was
in fact the morally correct thing to do, but Islamicly, lying is
justified in such cases.

Footnotes:

[1] ‘The Right to Do Wrong: Lying to Parents among Adolescents and
Emerging Adults,’ by Jeffrey Jensen Arnett, Elizabeth Cauffman, S.
Shirley Feldman, Lene Arnett Jensen; Journal of Youth and Adolescence,
Vol. 33, 2004.

[2] ‘The truth about lying,’ by: Allison Kornet. Psychology Today,
Publication Date: May/Jun 97

[3] Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim

[4] Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Saheeh Muslim

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/26/

Freedom Fighter
2009-03-03 15:38:11 EST
Israel HAS nukes, and this fact should prevent Iran or anyone else from
attacking them, even if they also have nukes - which Iran does not.

But what if Iran DID have nukes and stupidly attacked Israel?

These belligerant fools would simply destroy each other. Iran has no means
of launching nuclear weapons against America, so IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.
Our only sane concern is to protect OUR OWN country, not anyone else's.
Those here that want to fight for Israel should be encouraged to leave and
do so directly, if they dare to.

With Israel and its equally religion-crazed enemies wiped out, lasting world
peace would be far more possible!

Patriot
2009-03-04 01:31:46 EST
Freedom Fighter wrote:
> Israel HAS nukes, and this fact should prevent Iran or anyone else from
> attacking them, even if they also have nukes - which Iran does not.
>
> But what if Iran DID have nukes and stupidly attacked Israel?
>
> These belligerant fools would simply destroy each other. Iran has no means
> of launching nuclear weapons against America, so IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.
> Our only sane concern is to protect OUR OWN country, not anyone else's.
> Those here that want to fight for Israel should be encouraged to leave and
> do so directly, if they dare to.
>
> With Israel and its equally religion-crazed enemies wiped out, lasting world
> peace would be far more possible!

Can we just cut the shit and nuke israel and be done with it. It will
save us Americans many $billions every year and we can bring our troops
home from the ME to guard our borders and to executed traitorousw
american Jews, Muslims, whatever.

William Hubbard
2009-03-04 02:03:18 EST
On Feb 28, 7:13 pm, Dan <Danwig...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Why, then, the hype, the hysteria, the clamor for “Action This Day!”? It
> is to divert America from her true national interests and stampede her
> into embracing as her own the alien agenda of a renascent War Party.
>
> None of this is to suggest the Iranians are saintly souls seeking only
> peace and progress. Like South Korea, Japan and other nations with
> nuclear power plants, they may well want the ability to break out of the
> NPT, should it be necessary to deter, defend against or defeat enemies.
>
> But that is no threat to us to justify war. For decades, we lived under
> the threat that hundreds of Russian warheads could rain down upon us in
> hours, ending our national existence. If deterrence worked with Stalin
> and Mao, it can work with an Iran that has not launched an offensive war
> against any nation within the memory of any living American.

the asslifters are not like the soviets. muzzies worship death and the
threat of it provides almost no deterrence, therefore buchanan's
premise in that regard is erroneous..