Activism Discussion: Clinton Silent On Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade

Clinton Silent On Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

EconomicDemocracy Coop
2009-03-04 14:47:21 EST
Clinton Silent on Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade

Clinton was in Jerusalem meeting Israeli leaders. Appearing with
Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Clinton said the US will work toward a
two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.

State Hillary Rodham Clinton: “Eventually, the inevitability of
working toward a two-state solution seems inescapable. That doesn’t
mean that we don’t respect the opinions of others who see it
differently, but from my perspective and from the perspective of the
Obama administration, time is of the essence on a number of issues,
not only on the Iranian threat, and we happen to believe that moving
toward the two-state solution step by step is in Israel’s best
interest.”

Clinton did not voice any criticism of the ongoing Israeli settlement
activity in the occupied West Bank. She also refused to publicly urge
Israel to stop its blockade of Gaza and allow desperately needed
humanitarian aid. Clinton also singled out Hamas rocket fire as the
single biggest obstacle to peace—not the Israeli attacks that killed
over 1,300 Palestinians in Gaza earlier this year. Hamas spokesperson
Mushir al-Masri said the Obama administration is continuing the Bush
administration approach.

Mushir al-Masri: “It is clear that there is nothing new when it
comes to the policies of the new administration in this region.
Repeating the Quartet’s conditions is something that has proven to
have failed. It’s useless. What is wanted is for America to stop its
biased policies towards the enemy and to correct their political
discourse when it comes to dealing with this region.”

Clinton is in the West Bank today meeting with US-backed Fatah leaders
in the Palestinian Authority.

democracynow dot org/2009/3/4/headlines

More background: gush-shalom.org

= = = =
STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
= = = =

On usenet (groups.google.com) see misc.activism.progressive

= = = =
Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
http://economicdemocracy.org/eco/climate-summary.html (Climate)
And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)

** New email: econdemocracy[at]gmail[dot]com

Lorad
2009-03-04 18:17:54 EST
On Mar 4, 11:47 am, EconomicDemocracy Coop <econdemocr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Clinton Silent on Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade
>
> Clinton was in Jerusalem meeting Israeli leaders. Appearing with
> Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Clinton said the US will work toward a
> two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
>
>     State Hillary Rodham Clinton: “Eventually, the inevitability of
> working toward a two-state solution seems inescapable. That doesn’t
> mean that we don’t respect the opinions of others who see it
> differently, but from my perspective and from the perspective of the
> Obama administration, time is of the essence on a number of issues,
> not only on the Iranian threat,

{What 'Iranian threat' ?]
[Is Hillary seeing the same mirages that Dumbya did?]

> and we happen to believe that moving
> toward the two-state solution step by step is in Israel’s best
> interest.”

[Been 'moving' that way since 1967.. it's the train that somehow never
arrives.]

> Clinton did not voice any criticism of the ongoing Israeli settlement
> activity in the occupied West Bank.

[Even though such settlements are illegal according to international
law..]

> She also refused to publicly urge
> Israel to stop its blockade of Gaza and allow desperately needed
> humanitarian aid.

[It is also illegal to starve a civilian population]

> Clinton also singled out Hamas rocket fire as the
> single biggest obstacle to peace—not the Israeli attacks that killed
> over 1,300 Palestinians in Gaza earlier this year. Hamas spokesperson
> Mushir al-Masri said the Obama administration is continuing the Bush
> administration approach.

[Obviously.. from one neocon to another.. they know who their massah
is]

>     Mushir al-Masri: “It is clear that there is nothing new when it
> comes to the policies of the new administration in this region.
> Repeating the Quartet’s conditions is something that has proven to
> have failed. It’s useless. What is wanted is for America to stop its
> biased policies towards the enemy and to correct their political
> discourse when it comes to dealing with this region.”
>
> Clinton is in the West Bank today meeting with US-backed Fatah leaders
> in the Palestinian Authority.

[Even though the gazans elected Hamas - at the urging of Dumbya! It
makes perfect sense (not) doesn't it?]

Jeffrey Turner
2009-03-04 21:06:04 EST
lorad wrote:
> On Mar 4, 11:47 am, EconomicDemocracy Coop <econdemocr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Clinton Silent on Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade
>>
>> Clinton was in Jerusalem meeting Israeli leaders. Appearing with
>> Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Clinton said the US will work toward a
>> two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
>>
>> State Hillary Rodham Clinton: “Eventually, the inevitability of
>> working toward a two-state solution seems inescapable. That doesn’t
>> mean that we don’t respect the opinions of others who see it
>> differently, but from my perspective and from the perspective of the
>> Obama administration, time is of the essence on a number of issues,
>> not only on the Iranian threat,
>
> {What 'Iranian threat' ?]
> [Is Hillary seeing the same mirages that Dumbya did?]

It's an Israeli delusion. And the Israel lobby is still very
influential.

>> and we happen to believe that moving
>> toward the two-state solution step by step is in Israel’s best
>> interest.”
>
> [Been 'moving' that way since 1967.. it's the train that somehow never
> arrives.]

Israel doesn't see it that way. Israel has been moving towards their
own solution to the Palestinian question.

>> Clinton did not voice any criticism of the ongoing Israeli settlement
>> activity in the occupied West Bank.
>
> [Even though such settlements are illegal according to international
> law..]

What's Clinton doing there anyway? I thought that was going to be
George Mitchell's bailiwick.

>> She also refused to publicly urge
>> Israel to stop its blockade of Gaza and allow desperately needed
>> humanitarian aid.
>
> [It is also illegal to starve a civilian population]

The rule of law doesn't apply to the U.S. or Israel.

>> Clinton also singled out Hamas rocket fire as the
>> single biggest obstacle to peace—not the Israeli attacks that killed
>> over 1,300 Palestinians in Gaza earlier this year. Hamas spokesperson
>> Mushir al-Masri said the Obama administration is continuing the Bush
>> administration approach.
>
> [Obviously.. from one neocon to another.. they know who their massah
> is]

AIPAC.

>> Mushir al-Masri: “It is clear that there is nothing new when it
>> comes to the policies of the new administration in this region.
>> Repeating the Quartet’s conditions is something that has proven to
>> have failed. It’s useless. What is wanted is for America to stop its
>> biased policies towards the enemy and to correct their political
>> discourse when it comes to dealing with this region.”
>>
>> Clinton is in the West Bank today meeting with US-backed Fatah leaders
>> in the Palestinian Authority.
>
> [Even though the gazans elected Hamas - at the urging of Dumbya! It
> makes perfect sense (not) doesn't it?]

Fatah is in Egypt negotiating with Hamas. But the U.S. cannot. Israel
is working on loyalty oaths for the Arabs. Hoo boy!

--Jeff

--
It is very easy for rich people to preach
the virtues of self-reliance to the poor.

Harold Burton
2009-03-04 21:38:00 EST
In article
<aa1edd8f-7d8b-4ebd-97c9-228e9f17e082@f1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
lorad <lorad474@cs.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 11:47\ufffdam, EconomicDemocracy Coop <econdemocr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Clinton Silent on Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade
> >
> > Clinton was in Jerusalem meeting Israeli leaders. Appearing with
> > Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Clinton said the US will work toward a
> > two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
> >
> > \ufffd \ufffd State Hillary Rodham Clinton: \ufffdEventually, the inevitability of
> > working toward a two-state solution seems inescapable. That doesn\ufffdt
> > mean that we don\ufffdt respect the opinions of others who see it
> > differently, but from my perspective and from the perspective of the
> > Obama administration, time is of the essence on a number of issues,
> > not only on the Iranian threat,
>
> {What 'Iranian threat' ?]
> [Is Hillary seeing the same mirages that Dumbya did?]
>
> > and we happen to believe that moving
> > toward the two-state solution step by step is in Israel\ufffds best
> > interest.\ufffd
>
> [Been 'moving' that way since 1967.. it's the train that somehow never
> arrives.]
>
> > Clinton did not voice any criticism of the ongoing Israeli settlement
> > activity in the occupied West Bank.
>
> [Even though such settlements are illegal according to international
> law..]

cite?!

Jeffrey Turner
2009-03-04 22:44:43 EST
Harold Burton wrote:
> In article
> <aa1edd8f-7d8b-4ebd-97c9-228e9f17e082@f1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> lorad <lorad474@cs.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 4, 11:47 am, EconomicDemocracy Coop <econdemocr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Clinton Silent on Israeli Settlements, Gaza Blockade
>>>
>>> Clinton was in Jerusalem meeting Israeli leaders. Appearing with
>>> Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, Clinton said the US will work toward a
>>> two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
>>>
>>> State Hillary Rodham Clinton: ³Eventually, the inevitability of
>>> working toward a two-state solution seems inescapable. That doesn¹t
>>> mean that we don¹t respect the opinions of others who see it
>>> differently, but from my perspective and from the perspective of the
>>> Obama administration, time is of the essence on a number of issues,
>>> not only on the Iranian threat,
>> {What 'Iranian threat' ?]
>> [Is Hillary seeing the same mirages that Dumbya did?]
>>
>>> and we happen to believe that moving
>>> toward the two-state solution step by step is in Israel¹s best
>>> interest.²
>> [Been 'moving' that way since 1967.. it's the train that somehow never
>> arrives.]
>>
>>> Clinton did not voice any criticism of the ongoing Israeli settlement
>>> activity in the occupied West Bank.
>> [Even though such settlements are illegal according to international
>> law..]
>
> cite?!

International bodies, including the United Nations Security Council, the
International Court of Justice, the European Union, Amnesty
International and Human Rights Watch and some legal scholars have
characterized the settlements as a violation of international law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

Israel and other biased groups dispute that. Big surprise.

--Jeff

--
It is very easy for rich people to preach
the virtues of self-reliance to the poor.
--Winston Churchill

Docky Wocky
2009-03-05 09:06:27 EST
jeffie sez:

"International bodies, including the United Nations Security Council, the
International Court of Justice, the European Union, Amnesty
International and Human Rights Watch and some legal scholars have
characterized the settlements as a violation of international law..."
_______________________
Oh. The typical crew of international busybodies and leftists with the
unlimited paper budget...who are determined to see that organized islam gets
it's way.

Harold Burton
2009-03-05 23:57:28 EST
In article <4ridnc5CwahH1zLUnZ2dnUVZ_r3inZ2d@posted.localnet>,
Jeffrey Turner <jturner@localnet.com> wrote:

> Harold Burton wrote:
> > In article
> > <aa1edd8f-7d8b-4ebd-97c9-228e9f17e082@f1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
> > lorad <lorad474@cs.com> wrote:

> >> {What 'Iranian threat' ?]
> >> [Is Hillary seeing the same mirages that Dumbya did?]

> >> [Been 'moving' that way since 1967.. it's the train that somehow never
> >> arrives.]

> >> [Even though such settlements are illegal according to international
> >> law..]
> >
> > cite?!
>
> International bodies, including the United Nations Security Council, the
> International Court of Justice, the European Union, Amnesty
> International and Human Rights Watch and some legal scholars have
> characterized the settlements as a violation of international law.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement
>
> Israel and other....

..."legal scholars disagree with this assessment". That's from your
cite.

Snicker.

Just a simple question. Care to list all the other countries after WWI
who have occupied another country and settled its citizens in that
country? Why is it that only Israel, of all those countries who have
done that, is being taken to task for it. Can you say anti-Jew. I knew
you could.

Snicker.

Jeffrey Turner
2009-03-06 11:22:00 EST
Harold Burton wrote:
> In article <4ridnc5CwahH1zLUnZ2dnUVZ_r3inZ2d@posted.localnet>,
> Jeffrey Turner <jturner@localnet.com> wrote:
>
>> Harold Burton wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <aa1edd8f-7d8b-4ebd-97c9-228e9f17e082@f1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

>>> cite?!
>> International bodies, including the United Nations Security Council, the
>> International Court of Justice, the European Union, Amnesty
>> International and Human Rights Watch and some legal scholars have
>> characterized the settlements as a violation of international law.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement
>>
>> Israel and other....
>

> ..."legal scholars disagree with this assessment". That's from your
> cite.
>
> Snicker.

One can always find some "expert" who would disagree about almost
anything. Lynn Margulis doesn't think HIV causes AIDS; would you like
an injection?

> Just a simple question. Care to list all the other countries after WWI
> who have occupied another country and settled its citizens in that
> country? Why is it that only Israel, of all those countries who have
> done that, is being taken to task for it. Can you say anti-Jew. I knew
> you could.

WWI was the beginning of the end of colonialism. If you've got evidence
that the UN Security Council, the ICJ, the EU, Amnesty International and
Human Rights Watch are antisemitic, feel free to present more than
baseless accusations.

--Jeff

--
It is very easy for rich people to preach
the virtues of self-reliance to the poor.
--Winston Churchill

Harold Burton
2009-03-06 17:20:53 EST
In article <R-OdnfzeqP4u0CzUnZ2dnUVZ_qXinZ2d@posted.localnet>,
Jeffrey Turner <jturner@localnet.com> wrote:

> Harold Burton wrote:
> > In article <4ridnc5CwahH1zLUnZ2dnUVZ_r3inZ2d@posted.localnet>,
> > Jeffrey Turner <jturner@localnet.com> wrote:

> >> International bodies, including the United Nations Security Council, the
> >> International Court of Justice, the European Union, Amnesty
> >> International and Human Rights Watch and some legal scholars have
> >> characterized the settlements as a violation of international law.
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement
> >>
> >> Israel and other....
> >

> > ..."legal scholars disagree with this assessment". That's from your
> > cite.
> >
> > Snicker.
>
> One can always find some "expert" who would disagree about almost
> anything. Lynn Margulis doesn't think HIV causes AIDS; would you like
> an injection?
>
> > Just a simple question. Care to list all the other countries after WWI
> > who have occupied another country and settled its citizens in that
> > country? Why is it that only Israel, of all those countries who have
> > done that, is being taken to task for it. Can you say anti-Jew. I knew
> > you could.
>
> WWI was the beginning of the end of colonialism. If you've got evidence
> that the UN Security Council, the ICJ, the EU, Amnesty International and
> Human Rights Watch are antisemitic, feel free to present more than
> baseless accusations.

Didn't say they were, just pointing out that after WWII lots of
countries occupied other countries and settled their citizens there,
many with UN approval, so why is Israel the only country not allowed to
do what so many other countries have done? Why have you not complained
about the many other countries that have done exactly what you're
accusing Israel of doing? Reasonable conclusion: you don't really
object to what Israel is doing, only that Israel is the country doing
it, your anti-Jewish attitude is showing.

Snicker.

Lorad
2009-03-06 17:34:17 EST
On Mar 6, 2:20 pm, Harold Burton <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article <R-OdnfzeqP4u0CzUnZ2dnUVZ_qXin...@posted.localnet>,
>  Jeffrey Turner <jtur...@localnet.com> wrote:
>

> > Harold Burton wrote:

> > > ..."legal scholars disagree with this assessment".  That's from your
> > > cite.
>
> > > Snicker.
>
> > One can always find some "expert" who would disagree about almost
> > anything.  Lynn Margulis doesn't think HIV causes AIDS; would you like
> > an injection?
>
> > > Just a simple question.  Care to list all the other countries after WWI
> > > who have occupied another country and settled its citizens in that
> > > country?  Why is it that only Israel, of all those countries who have
> > > done that, is being taken to task for it.  Can you say anti-Jew.  I knew
> > > you could.
>
> > WWI was the beginning of the end of colonialism.  If you've got evidence
> > that the UN Security Council, the ICJ, the EU, Amnesty International and
> > Human Rights Watch are antisemitic, feel free to present more than
> > baseless accusations.
>
> Didn't say they were, just pointing out that after WWII lots of
> countries occupied other countries and settled their citizens there,
> many with UN approval, so why is Israel the only country not allowed to
> do what so many other countries have done?  Why have you not complained
> about the many other countries that have done exactly what you're
> accusing Israel of doing?  Reasonable conclusion:  you don't really
> object to  what Israel is doing, only that Israel is the country doing
> it,  your anti-Jewish attitude is showing.

Stop yer lying, weenie-boy.

No countries other than russia and Israel are currently invading and
stealing other people's countries.

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)