Activism Discussion: Child Abuse Information

Child Abuse Information

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

Childadvocate
2009-04-01 22:44:09 EST

Recovered memory corroboration rates
There are many studies that show fairly high corroboration rates for
recovered memories.
http://ritualabuse.us/research/memory-fms/recovered-memory-corroboration-rates/

Day Care and Child Abuse Cases
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/day-care-and-child-abuse-cases/
This page has information on the McMartin Preschool Case, Michelle
Remembers, the Fells Acres - Amirault Case, the Wenatchee, Washington
Case, the Dale Akiki Case, the Glendale Montessori - Toward case and
the Little Rascals Day Care Center case.

conference press release - please post and forward

A conference to help survivors of severe child abuse (ritual abuse)
and torture will be held on August 14 - 16, 2009, between 8 - 5 PM
Saturday and Sunday at the DoubleTree Hotel near Bradley International
Airport, 16 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Windsor Locks, CT 06096 (between
Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA). This conference will help educate
survivors of this abuse and their helpers. Pre-registration is
preferred. For information write S.M.A.R.T., P. O Box 1295,
Easthampton, MA 01027-1295 E-mail: smartnews@aol.com, conference
information is at: http://ritualabuse.us/smart-conference/

Stan De SD
2009-04-02 00:05:13 EST
On Apr 1, 7:44 pm, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> Recovered memory corroboration rates
> There are many studies that show fairly high corroboration rates for
> recovered memories.

Bullshit. "Recovered Memory" has been shown for the most part to be a
"hoax"...

http://ritualabuse.us/research/memory-fms/recovered-memory-corroborat...

> Day Care and Child Abuse Caseshttp://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/day-care-and-child-abuse-c...
> This page has information on the McMartin Preschool Case,

Are you still peddling your McMartin Preschool Conspiracy Crap?

In the biggest media show trial in LA County prior to OJ, all of the
accused were found NOT GUILTY - TWICE!

There were NO tunnels, NO secret passages, NO bunny rabbit tortures,
NO naked movie stars, NO balloon trips with clowns doing nasty things
to little boys and girls.

The woman who MADE UP the original accusations was a certified KOOK -
and so are YOU!

GET OVER IT!

Childadvocate
2009-04-02 21:43:02 EST
and name calling only weakens your point

http://ritualabuse.us/research/memory-fms/recovered-memory-corroboration-rates/

There are many studies that show fairly high corroboration rates for
recovered memories.

van der Kolk, BA & R Fisler (1995), “Dissociation and the fragmentary
nature of traumatic memories: Overview and exploratory study”, J
Traumatic Stress 8: 505–25 “a systematic exploratory study of 46
subjects with PTSD which indicates that traumatic memories are
retrieved, at least initially, in the form of dissociated mental
imprints of sensory and affective elements of the traumatic
experience: as visual, olfactory, affective, auditory and kinesthetic
experiences. Over time, subjects reported the gradual emergence of a
personal narrative that some believe can be properly referred to as
“explicit memory”....Of the 35 subjects with childhood trauma, 15
(43%) had suffered significant, or total amnesia for their trauma at
some time of their lives. Twenty seven of the 35 subjects with
childhood trauma (77%) reported confirmation of their childhood
trauma.”

http://www.trauma-pages.com/a/vanderk2.php

http://www.psych.utoronto.ca/users/peterson/psy430s2001/Van%20der%20Kolk%20Fragmentary%20Nature%20of%20Traumatic%20Memory%20J%20Traumatic%20Stress%201995.pdf

“The Validity of Recovered Memory: Decision of a US District Court”
Judge Edward F. Harrington, Presentation by Jim Hopper, Ph.D. The
legal documentation citation is: 923 Federal Supplement 286 (D. Mass.
1996), United States District Court - District of Massachusetts Ann
Shahzade, plaintiff Civil Action No.: V. 92-12139-EFH George Gregory,
Defendant. http://www.jimhopper.com/memory-decision/

“Recovered memories of abuse among therapy patients: A national
survey.” Pope, Kenneth S.; Tabachnick, Barbara G. Independent
practice, Norwalk, CT, US Ethics & Behavior 1995 Vol 5(3) 237-248,
“According to the therapists, about 50% of the patients who claimed to
have recovered the memories had found external validation, a
percentage that coincides with that obtained in the Feldman-Summers &
Pope, 1994 study”

Corroboration of Child Abuse Memories “Studies vary in frequency.
Between 31 and 64 percent of abuse survivors in six major studies
reported that they forgot “some of the abuse.” Numbers reporting
severe amnesia ranged from under 12% to 59%….Studies report 50-75% of
abuse survivors corroborating the facts of their abuse through an
outside source. Reference: Bowman, Elizabeth. Delayed Memories of
Child Abuse: Part I: An Overview of Research Findings on Forgetting,
Remembering, and Corroborating Trauma. Dissociation, IX (4) pp.
221-231 http://mentalhealth.about.com/cs/abuse/a/cooroborate.htm

Chu, JA; et al. (1999). Memories of childhood abuse: Dissociation,
amnesia and corroboration.. Am J Psychiatry 156: 749-55. “Childhood
abuse, particularly chronic abuse beginning at early ages, is related
to the development of high levels of dissociative symptoms including
amnesia for abuse memories. This study suggests that psychotherapy
usually is not associated with memory recovery and that independent
corroboration of recovered memories of abuse is often present.”
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/156/5/749

Williams LM (1994). Recall of childhood trauma: a prospective study of
women’s memories of child sexual abuse. J Consult Clin Psychol 62:
1167–76. PMID 7860814.
One hundred twenty-nine women with previously documented histories of
sexual victimization in childhood were interviewed and asked detailed
questions about their abuse histories to answer the question “Do
people actually forget traumatic events such as child sexual abuse,
and if so, how common is such forgetting?” A large proportion of the
women (38%) did not recall the abuse that had been reported 17 years
earlier. Women who were younger at the time of the abuse and those who
were molested by someone they knew were more likely to have no recall
of the abuse. The implications for research and practice are
discussed. Long periods with no memory of abuse should not be regarded
as evidence that the abuse did not occur.
http://www.hss.caltech.edu/courses/2004-05/winter/psy130/Debate2Williams1.pdf

How often do children’s reports of abuse turn out to be false?
Research has consistently shown that false allegations of child sexual
abuse by children are rare. Jones and McGraw examined 576 consecutive
referrals of child sexual abuse to the Denver Department of Social
Services, and categorized the reports as either reliable or
fictitious. In only 1% of the total cases were children judged to have
advanced a fictitious allegation. Jones, D. P. H., and J. M. McGraw:
Reliable and Fictitious Accounts of Sexual Abuse to Children.Journal
of Interpersonal Violence, 2, 27-45, 1987. In a more recent study,
investigators reviewed case notes of all child sexual abuse reports to
the Denver Department of Social Services over 12 months. Of the 551
cases reviewed, there were only 14 (2.5%) instances of erroneous
concerns about abuse emanating from children. These consisted of three
cases of allegations made in collusion with a parent, three cases
where an innocent event was misinterpreted as sexual abuse and eight
cases (1.5%) of false allegations of sexual abuse. Oates, R. K., D.P.
Jones, D. Denson, A. Sirotnak, N. Gary, and R.D. Krugman: Erroneous
Concerns about Child Sexual Abuse. Child Abuse & Neglect 24:149-57,
2000….Children Tend to Understate Rather than Overstate the Extent of
Any Abuse Experienced - Research with children whose sexual abuse has
been proven has shown that children tend to minimize and deny abuse,
not exaggerate or over-report such incidents.
http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/res/csa-acc.html

Duggal, S., & Sroufe, L. A. (1998). Recovered memory of childhood
sexual trauma: A documented case from a longitudinal study. Journal of
Traumatic Stress, 11(2), 301-321. A case of recovered memory of
childhood trauma is reported with documented sexual trauma in early
childhood, chronicled evidence of the absence of memory for traumatic
experience over a period of time, and substantial evidence of
spontaneous recovery of memory.
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/110491838/abstract

“Child Maltreatment, Vol. 2, No. 2, 91-112 (1997) DOI:
10.1177/1077559597002002001 Videotaped Discovery of a Reportedly
Unrecallable Memory of Child Sexual Abuse: Comparison with a Childhood
Interview Videotaped 11 Years Before David L. Corwin, Erna
Olafson….This article presents the history, verbatim transcripts, and
behavioral observations of a child’s disclosure of sexual abuse to Dr.
David Corwin in 1984 and the spontaneous return of that reportedly
unrecallable memory during an interview between the same individual,
now a young adult, and Dr. Corwin 11 years later. Both interviews were
videotape recorded.” http://cmx.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/2/2/91

Herman, J L.; Schatzow E (1987). Recovery and verification of memories
of childhood sexual trauma.. Psychoanalytic Psychol 4. “Three out of
four patients were able to validate their memories by obtaining
corroborating evidence from other sources” http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?id=ppsy.004.0001a

Kluft, RP (1995). The confirmation and disconfirmation of memories of
abuse in Dissociative Identity Disorder patients: A naturalistic
study. Dissociation 8: 253-8. “The charts of 34 dissociative identity
disorder (DID) patients in treatment with the author were reviewed for
instances of the confirmation or disconfirmation of recalled episodes
of abuse occurring naturalistically in the course of their
psychotherapies. Nineteen, or 56%, had instances of the confirmation
of recalled abuses. Ten of the 19, or 53%, had always recalled the
abuses that were confirmed. However, 13 of the 19, or 68%, obtained
documentation of events that were recovered in the course of therapy,
usually with the use of hypnosis. Three patients, or 9%, had instances
in which the inaccuracy of their recollection could be demonstrated.”
https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1794/1155/Dis_8_4_9_ocr.pdf?sequence=1

>From Research discussing corroboration and accuracy of recovered
memories An Annotated Bibliography by Lynn Crook
http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/suggestedrefs.html
(see this bibliography for more detailed information)

Andrews, B., Brewin, C., Ochera, J., Morton, J., Bekerian, D., Davies,
G., and Mollon, P. (1999). Characteristics, context and consequences
of memory recovery among adults in therapy. Brit J Psychiatry
175:141-146.
Abstract: One-hundred and eight therapists provided information on all
clients with recovered memories seen in the past three years, and were
interviewed in detail on up to three such clients. Of a total of 690
clients, therapists reported that 65% recalled child sexual abuse and
35% recalled other traumas, 32% started recovering memories before
entering therapy. According to therapists’ accounts, among the 236
detailed client cases, very few appeared improbable and corroboration
was reported in 41%. Most (78%) of the clients’ initial recovered
memories either preceded therapy or preceded the use of memory
recovery techniques used by the respondents. Techniques seemed to be
used more to help the clients to elaborate the memories than to
facilitate their initial recovery. Clients with whom techniques had
been used before the first reported memory recovery were no less
likely to have found corroborating evidence than clients with whom no
techniques had been used before memory recovery. Some of the data are
consistent with memories being of iatrogenic origin, but other data
clearly point to the need for additional explanations.

Bagley, C. (1995). The prevalence and mental health sequels of child
sexual abuse in community sample of women aged 18 to 27. Child sexual
abuse and mental health in adolescents and adults. Aldershot: Avebury.
Abstract: Study of women 18-24 years who had been removed from home 10
years previously by social services due to intrafamilial sexual abuse.
Of the 19 women for whom there was evidence of serious sexual abuse,
14 remembered events corresponding to their records. Two remembered
that abuse had taken place but could recall no specific details, and
three had no memory. Two of the last three described long blank
periods for the memory of childhood corresponding to the age when
abuse had taken place.

Bull, D. (1999). A verified case of recovered memories of sexual
abuse. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 53(2), 221-224.
Abstract: A case is presented that shows verifiable evidence of
repression at work. Rachel, a 40-year-old woman with no history of
mental illness and ten years of exemplary professional work, recovers
memories of childhood sexual abuse by her father through a call from
her youth pastor in whom she had confided as an adolescent.
.

Dahlenberg, C. (1996, Summer) Accuracy, timing and circumstances of
disclosure in therapy of recovered and continuous memories of abuse.
The Journal of Psychiatry and Law.
Abstract: Seventeen patients who had recovered memories of abuse in
therapy participated in a search for evidence confirming or refuting
these memories. Memories of abuse were found to be equally accurate
whether recovered or continuously remembered. Predictors of number of
memory units for which evidence was uncovered included several
measures of memory and perceptual accuracy. Recovered memories that
were later supported arose in psychotherapy more typically during
periods of positive rather than negative feelings toward the
therapist, and they were more likely to be held with confidence by the
abuse victim.

Feldman-Summers, S., & Pope, K. S. (1994). The experience of
forgetting childhood abuse: A national survey of psychologists.
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 62, 636-639.
Abstract: A national sample of psychologists were asked whether they
had been abused as children and, if so, whether they had ever
forgotten some or all of the abuse. Almost a quarter of the sample
(23.9%) reported childhood abuse, and of those, approximately 40%
reported a period of forgetting some or all of the abuse. The major
findings were that (a) both sexual and nonsexual abuse were subject to
periods of forgetting; (b) the most frequently reported factor related
to recall was being in therapy; (c) approximately one half of those
who reported forgetting also reported corroboration of the abuse; and
(d) reported forgetting was not related to gender or age of the
respondent but was related to severity of the abuse.
those abused, 40% did not remember at some time. 47% had
corroboration. 56% said psychotherapy aided in recall. Differences
between those who first recalled abuse in therapy and those who
recalled it elsewhere were not significant.

Herman, J. L., & Harvey, M. R. (1997). Adult memories of childhood
trauma: A naturalistic clinical study. Journal of Traumatic Stress,
10, 557-571.
The clinical evaluations of 77 adult outpatients reporting memories of
childhood trauma were reviewed. A majority of patients reported some
degree of continuous recall. Roughly half (53%) said they had never
forgotten the traumatic events. Two smaller groups described a mixture
of continuous and delayed recall (17%) or a period of complete amnesia
followed by delayed recall (16%). Patients with and without delayed
recall did not differ significantly in the proportions reporting
corroboration of their memories from other sources. Idiosyncratic,
trauma-specific reminders and recent life crises were most commonly
cited as precipitants to delayed recall. A previous psychotherapy was
cited as a factor in a minority (28%) of cases. By contrast, intrusion
of memories after a period of amnesia was frequently cited as a factor
leading to the decision to seek psychotherapy. The implications of
these findings are discussed with respect to the role of psychotherapy
in the process of recovering traumatic memories.

Lewis, D., Yeager, C., Swica, Y., Pincus, J. and Lewis, M. (1997).
Objective documentation of child abuse and dissociation in 12
murderers with dissociative identity disorder. Am J Psychiatry, 154
(12):1703-10.
OBJECTIVE: The skepticism regarding the existence of dissociative
identity disorder as well as the abuse that engenders it persists for
lack of objective documentation. This is doubly so for the disorder in
murderers because of issues of suspected malingering. This article
presents objective verification of both dissociative symptoms and
severe abuse during childhood in a series of adult murderers with
dissociative identity disorder. METHOD: This study consisted of a
review of the clinical records of 11 men and one woman with DSM-IV-
defined dissociative identity disorder who had committed murder. Data
were gathered from medical, psychiatric, social service, school,
military, and prison records and from records of interviews with
subjects’ family members and others. Handwriting samples were also
examined. Data were analyzed qualitatively. RESULTS: Signs and
symptoms of dissociative identity disorder in childhood and adulthood
were corroborated independently and from several sources in all 12
cases; objective evidence of severe abuse was obtained in 11 cases.
The subjects had amnesia for most of the abuse and underreported it.
Marked changes in writing style and/or signatures were documented in
10 cases. CONCLUSIONS: This study establishes, once and for all, the
linkage between early severe abuse and dissociative identity disorder.
Further, the data demonstrate that the disorder can be distinguished
from malingering and from other disorders. The study shows that it is
possible, with great effort, to obtain objective evidence of both the
symptoms of dissociative identity disorder and the abuse that
engenders it.

Martinez-Taboas, A. (1996). Repressed memories: Some clinical data
contributing toward its elucidation. American Journal of
Psychotherapy, 50(2), 217-30.
Abstract: Recently there has been considerable controversy about the
validity of memories recovered during psychotherapy. In the last two
decades, a plethora of studies have been published that leave no
reasonable doubt that many children are victimized and abused.
Proponents of false memory syndrome have taken the position that
“memories” that surface in the course of psychotherapy are not the
product of real traumas, but are instead,”pseudomemories” implanted by
therapists through techniques such as hypnosis and abreactions. In
response to these claims, the author presents two well documented and
corroborated cases of dissociated or delayed memories of child sexual
abuse in patients with a diagnosis of Dissociative Identity Disorder
(DID). The patients had absolutely no conscious memory of their
childhood abusive experiences and in both cases the author obtained
definite and clear cut independent corroboration of the realities of
the abuse. The amnesia was documented and memories were recovered in
the course of treatment. Only through the publication of clear cut
cases can the debate about repressed memories be settled in an
empirical way.

Viederman M. (1995). The reconstruction of a repressed sexual
molestation fifty years later. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic
Association, 43(4): 1169-1219.
sexual molestation. Six years following termination of analysis, the
patient wrote a letter describing a confirmation of the event, now
sixty years past, from the sole other survivor of the period who had
knowledge of what had happened.

Westerhof, Y., Woertman, L. Van der Hart, O., & Nijenhuis, E.R.S.
(2000). Forgetting child abuse: Feldman-Summers and Pope’s (1994)
study replicated among Dutch psychologists. Clinical Psychology and
Psychotherapy, 7, 220-229.
Abstract: In a replication of Feldman-Summers and Pope’s (1994)
national survey of American psychologists on ‘forgetting’ childhood
abuse, a Dutch sample of 500 members of the Netherlands Institute of
Psychologists (NIP) were asked if they had been abused as children
and, if so, whether they had ever forgotten some or all of the abuse
for soem significant period of time. As compared to the 23.9% in the
original study, 13.3% reported childhood abuse. Of that subgroup, 39%
(as compared to 40% in the original study) reported a period of
forgetting some or all of the abuse for a period of time. Both sexual
and non-sexual physical abuse were subject to forgetting, which in 70%
of cases was reversed while being in therapy. Almost 70% of those who
reported forgetting also reported corroboration of the abuse. The
forgetting was not related to gender or age, but was associated with
the reported early abuse onset. These results were remarkably similar
to the results of the Feldman-Summers and Pope’s original study.

Widom, C. and Shepard, R. (1996). Accuracy of adult recollections of
childhood victimization: Part 1. Psychological Assessment, 8(4),
412-421.
Abstract: Using data from a study with prospective-cohorts design in
which children who were physically abused, sexually abused, or
neglected about 20 years ago were followed up along with a matched
control group, accuracy of adult recollections of childhood physical
abuse was assessed. Two hour in-person interviews were conducted in
young adulthood with 1,196 of the original 1,575 participants. Two
measures (including the Conflict Tactics Scale) were used to assess
histories of childhood physical abuse. Results indicate good
discriminant validity and predictive efficiency of the self-report
measures, despite substantial underreporting by physically abused
respondents. Tests of construct validity reveal shared method
variance, with self-report measures predicting self-reported violence
and official reports of physical abuse predicting arrests for
violence. Findings are discussed in the context of other research on
the accuracy of adult recollections of childhood experiences.

Widom, C. and Shepard, R. (1997). Accuracy of adult recollections of
childhood victimization. Part 2. Childhood sexual abuse. Psychological
Assessment 9: 34-46.
(court substantiated) [N=1,114] were matched with non-abused and
neglected children and followed into adulthood. There was substantial
underreporting of sexual abuse, when compared to court and medical
records. Victimization recall was checked by comparing crimes
disclosed in victimization surveys found in police records. The
question should be not whether reports of childhood sexual abuse are
valid or not, but what is the best way to ask questions to make
answers more valid.

Williams, L. M. (1995, October). Recovered memories of abuse in women
with documented child sexual victimization histories. Journal of
Traumatic Stress, 8(4).
Abstract: This study provides evidence that some adults who claim to
have recovered memories of sexual abuse recall actual events that
occurred in childhood. One hundred twenty-nine women with documented
histories of sexual victimization in childhood were interviewed and
asked about abuse history. Seventeen years following the initial
report of the abuse, 80 of the women recalled the victimization. One
in 10 women (16% of those who recalled the abuse) reported that at
some time in the past they had forgotten about the abuse. Those with a
prior period of forgetting - the women with “recovered memories” -
were younger at the time of abuse and were less likely to have
received support from their mothers than the women who reported that
they had always remembered their victimization. The women who had
recovered memories and those who had always remembered had the same
number of discrepancies when their accounts of the abuse were compared
to the reports from the early 1970’s.

REFERENCE
Brown, D., Scheflin, A., and Whitfield, C. (1999). Recovered memories:
the current weight of the evidence in science and in the courts. The
Journal of Psychiatry & Law 27/Spring 1999

>From How People Forget: The Truth About Delayed Memory Studies of
Delayed Memory http://web.archive.org/web/20000609035705/http://ncasa.org/memory.html

That dissociation and amnesia are relatively common in child sexual
abuse survivors is well-documented. There have been several recent
studies that verify the repression of trauma and the fact of delayed
memories: In a survey of 450 adults in treatment for child sexual
abuse, 59% had periods in which they could not remember the abuse.
(Briere and Conte, in press). Briere, John. “Studying Delayed Memories
of Childhood Sexual Abuse.” The APSAC Advisor, Summer 1992.

In a study of 53 women in therapy, Judith Herman and Emily Schatzow
found that 74% were able to obtain corroborating evidence for the
abuse, through witnesses, offenders’ diaries, pornographic pictures,
offender confessions, and other sources. Nine percent found evidence
that was “strongly suggestive, but not conclusive;” 11% did not try to
confirm their memories; and only 6% found no supportive evidence. The
conclusion of the researchers was that, “delayed recall of sexual
abuse is as verifiable as any other form of disclosure.” Herman,
Judith L. And Mary R. Harvey. “The False Memory Debate: Social Science
or Social Backlash?” The Harvard Mental Health Letter, Volume 9,
Number 10, April 1993.

Interviews were conducted with 100 women who as children reported
sexual abuse in 1973, 1974 or 1975. The records of these girls were
obtained from a city hospital emergency department which had
interviewed the girls and the families and collected forensic
evidence. In 1990 and 1991 the women, aged 18-31, were interviewed for
two hours for what they were told was a study that examined the lives
and health of women who obtained care at the hospital. In the course
of the interview, the women were asked about their childhood
experiences with sex. They were asked whether they or their families
had ever reported childhood sexual abuse, or if anyone in their family
‘got in trouble’ for his or her sexual activities. Thirty-eight
percent of the women either did not remember the abuse or chose not to
report it to the interviewer. The interviewer states,”…qualitative
analysis of these reports and non-reports suggests that the vast
majority of the 38% were women who did not remember the abuse. They
responded openly to other personal matters, and over one-half of the
women who were amnestic reported other childhood victimizations.”
Williams, Linda M. “Adult Memories of Childhood Abuse: Preliminary
Findings from a Longitudinal Study.” The APSAC Advisor, Summer 1992.

Recovered Memories of Sexual Abuse Scientific Research & Scholarly
Resources
At least 10% of people sexually abused in childhood will have periods
of complete amnesia for their abuse, followed by experiences of
delayed recall. http://www.jimhopper.com/memory/

101 corroborated cases of recovered memory
http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Taubman_Center/Recovmem/archive.html

Summary of Research Examining the Prevalence of Full or Partial
Dissociative Amnesia for Traumatic Events
The most comprehensive review of the scientific literature on
dissociative amnesia has been conducted by Brown, Scheflin and Hammond
in their book, Memory, Trauma Treatment, and the Law . (New York:
Norton, 1998). This book is viewed as setting the standard in the
field after receiving the American Psychiatric Association’s 1999
prestigious Manfred S. Guttmacher Award for best book in law and
forensic psychiatry.
Brown, Scheflin and Hammond reviewed 43 studies relevant to the
subject of traumatic memory and found that every study that examined
the question of dissociative amnesia in traumatized populations
demonstrated that a substantial minority partially or completely
forget the traumatic event experienced, and later recover memories of
the event.
By 1999, over 68 studies had been published that document dissociative
amnesia after childhood sexual abuse. In fact, no study that has
looked for evidence of traumatic or dissociative amnesia after child
sexual abuse has failed to find it. see: Brown, Scheflin, & Whitfield.
(1999). Recovered Memories: The Current Weight of the Evidence in
Science and in the Courts, Journal of Psychiatry & Law, 27, 5-156.
http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/tm/prev.html

What about Recovered Memories? Jennifer J. Freyd, University of Oregon
http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/whatabout.html

Childadvocate
2009-04-02 21:47:29 EST
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-what-really-happened-and-the-coverup/

McMartin Preschool Case - What Really Happened and the Coverup

1) McMartin Preschool Revisited

2) Ray Buckey’s Press Corps and the Tunnels of McMartin

3) Cult and Ritual Abuse - It’s History, Anthropology, and Recent
Discovery in Contemporary America - Indictment movie

4) Chronology of the McMartin Preschool Abuse Trials

5) Archaeological Investigations of the McMartin Preschool Site

6) Why Cults Terrorize and Kill Children - Eberle’s

7) Denying ritual abuse of children

8) Interview of Jackie MacGauley

9) The Dark Tunnels of McMartin

10) Investigative Issues in Ritual Abuse Cases

11) Paul and Shirley Eberle: A Strange Pair of Experts

Archaeological Investigations of the McMartin Preschool Site,
Manhattan Beach, California

http://web.archive.org/web/20010123212200/members.cruzio.com/~ratf/McMartin.html/

Executive Summary

During the month of May 1990 an archaeological project was conducted
at the McMartin Preschool site to determine, once and for all, whether
or not there had ever been tunnels under the building, as described by
various children. Excavation was carried out according to established
scientific conventions with a careful research design defining what
might prove or disprove the existence of "an underground feature that
would connect to the surface of the site and extend underground for
some distance. " [with] dimensions large enough to accommodate adult
human movement through it”. (p. 24)

The project unearthed not one but two tunnel complexes as well as
previously unrecognized structural features which defied logical
explanation. Both tunnel complexes conformed to locations and
functional descriptions established by children’s reports. One had
been described as providing undetected access to an adjacent building
on the east. The other provided outside access under the west wall of
the building and contained within it an enlarged, cavernous artifact
corresponding to children’s descriptions of a “secret room”.

--

Gould, C. (1995). Denying ritual abuse of children. Journal of
Psychohistory, 22(3), 329-339. http://www.geocities.com/kidhistory/denyra.htm

“Corroboration and eyewitness accounts offered by children should also
be given serious attention when therapists and investigators can
demonstrate that no contamination of the children’s disclosures has
taken place. In the case studied by Jonker and Jonker-Bakker (1991),
children from different schools and different locales gave accounts of
perpetrators, abuse locations, and abusive acts that were mutually
corroborating. Accounts of tunnels under the McMartin preschool given
by children claiming to have been ritually abused at the school were
fully corroborated when the existence and location of the tunnels were
documented by a professional team of archaeologists (Summit, 1994).”

“How can it be that, with significant numbers of criminal convictions
of perpetrators of ritual abuse and laws against ritual abuse on the
books in a growing number of states, with the clinical data amassed by
thousands of therapists in the United States and internationally, with
physical evidence like the tunnels found under the McMartin preschool
corroborating children’s reports of abuse, that we cannot reach a
consensus that ritual abuse constitutes a serious problem for us as a
nation, and demands to be addressed? Why is it that media accounts of
ritual abuse are often filled with so much obfuscation that the public
is left wondering whether ritual abuse might not in fact be the “urban
myth” or “mass hysteria” that certain skeptics have made a virtual
career out of saying that it is?”

--

Behind the Playground Walls - Sexual Abuse in Preschools by Jill
Waterman, Robert J. Kelly, Mary Kay Oliveri and Jane McCord - The

chapter in book : A Tale of Two Communities” by Jane McCord

Do Children Lie? Not About This - Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles,
Calif. Author: Tavris, Carol Date: Jan 19, 1990 Start Page: B7
Abstract (Document Summary) Carol Tavris says that children who are
sexually abused almost always tell the truth about what has happened
to them. Tavris comments on the McMartin Pre-School sexual molestation
trial and says that she believes that the children in that trial were
molested.

The Battle and the Backlash: The Child Sexual Abuse War by David
Hechler (1988) Lexington Books ISBN 0-669-14097-x “What happened at
the McMartin Preschool will be debated for a long time. Few aspects of
the case are clear, but it requires no strain of credulity to believe
that the children could have been abused at the facility without being
diagnosed by a pediatrician.”

Stan De SD
2009-04-02 22:48:32 EST
On Apr 2, 6:43 pm, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> and name calling only weakens your point

You're a kook, intent on persecuting and smearing people who were
found innocent in a court of law. If you have to be a do-good
crusader, how about rescuing stray cats or something like that instead?

Stan De SD
2009-04-02 22:49:52 EST
On Apr 2, 6:47 pm, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-wh...
>
> McMartin Preschool Case - What Really Happened and the Coverup
>
> 1) McMartin Preschool Revisited
>
> 2) Ray Buckey’s Press Corps and the Tunnels of McMartin

There were NO TUNNELS. Every fucking news reporter and camera crew in
LA was at the scene during the investigation/circus. No tunnels were
found. Get over it.

Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
2009-04-03 03:39:22 EST
In article <9bdabf44-ee63-41e9-af9f-
9*c@p11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>
childadvocate <smartnews@aol.com> wrote:

> and name calling only weakens your point

Then we'll just say you're full of shit and move on!

Anonymous Remailer
2009-04-03 03:52:19 EST

In article <1bd5b632-c9d9-403a-ac2a-
f*3@c36g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>
childadvocate <smartnews@aol.com> wrote:

> http://alcoholabuse.us

You're still full of shit.

J*@aol.com
2009-04-03 19:33:44 EST
There were filled in tunnels under the foundation of the preschool
building.
The only so called reporters who say their were not are liar Debbie
Nathan and her crew at FMSF. Oh, and didn't FMSF recently change their
name? Guess FMSF started to get the same jaded reputation their old
name, VOCAL (victims of child abuse legislation) did.

You get over it and go get a life-

Stan de SD wrote:
> On Apr 2, 6:47 pm, childadvocate <smartn...@aol.com> wrote:
> > http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/articles/mcmartin-preschool-case-wh...
> >
> > McMartin Preschool Case - What Really Happened and the Coverup
> >
> > 1) McMartin Preschool Revisited
> >
> > 2) Ray Buckey’s Press Corps and the Tunnels of McMartin
>
> There were NO TUNNELS. Every fucking news reporter and camera crew in
> LA was at the scene during the investigation/circus. No tunnels were
> found. Get over it.

Stan De SD
2009-04-03 20:02:47 EST
On Apr 3, 4:33 pm, jacque...@aol.com wrote:
> There were filled in tunnels under the foundation of the preschool
> building.

Bullshit. If anything even resembling a tunnel had been found, the
newscrews would have been all over it.

> The only so called reporters who say their were not are liar Debbie
> Nathan and her crew at FMSF.

TWO separate juries of 12 saw the purported "evidence" and decided
there were no tunnels. The people accused were put through the
wringer, and cleared. Why do you keep trying to peddle this nonsense?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)