Activism Discussion: Wrote To Obama, He Didn't Reply

Wrote To Obama, He Didn't Reply

M*@privacy.net
2009-04-12 08:21:50 EST
I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.

So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
its arrival.

I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
and basically he's just another lying politician.

Has anyone else written to the White House, and how many weeks did you
have to wait for a response? Is there any way of confirming that they
did in fact receive my letter? The guy on the comments line I spoke to
was hopeless.

Charles Aulds
2009-04-12 08:45:49 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:21:50 +0100, me@privacy.net wrote:

>I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
>was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
>deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.
>
>So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
>have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
>ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
>is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
>its arrival.
>
>I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
>and basically he's just another lying politician.
>
>Has anyone else written to the White House, and how many weeks did you
>have to wait for a response? Is there any way of confirming that they
>did in fact receive my letter? The guy on the comments line I spoke to
>was hopeless.

By contrast, how long did it take for the Bush White House, typically,
to respond to your letters?
___
Charles

Rox
2009-04-12 09:05:42 EST
Yeah, it's always Bush's fault, isn't it, Charles?

"Charles Aulds" <caulds@hiwaay.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:21:50 +0100, me@privacy.net wrote:
>
>>I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
>>was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
>>deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.
>>
>>So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
>>have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
>>ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
>>is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
>>its arrival.
>>
>>I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
>>and basically he's just another lying politician.
>>
>>Has anyone else written to the White House, and how many weeks did you
>>have to wait for a response? Is there any way of confirming that they
>>did in fact receive my letter? The guy on the comments line I spoke to
>>was hopeless.
>

> By contrast, how long did it take for the Bush White House, typically,
> to respond to your letters?
> ___
> Charles

Charles Aulds
2009-04-12 09:14:42 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:05:42 -0400, "Rox" <km9491@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, it's always Bush's fault, isn't it, Charles?

YOU tell me, then, what was the typical response time to YOUR letters
to the Bush White House?
___
Charles

>"Charles Aulds" <caulds@hiwaay.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:21:50 +0100, me@privacy.net wrote:
>>
>>>I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
>>>was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
>>>deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.
>>>
>>>So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
>>>have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
>>>ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
>>>is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
>>>its arrival.
>>>
>>>I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
>>>and basically he's just another lying politician.
>>>
>>>Has anyone else written to the White House, and how many weeks did you
>>>have to wait for a response? Is there any way of confirming that they
>>>did in fact receive my letter? The guy on the comments line I spoke to
>>>was hopeless.
>>

>> By contrast, how long did it take for the Bush White House, typically,
>> to respond to your letters?
>> ___
>> Charles

Freedom Fighter
2009-04-12 10:56:24 EST
<*e@privacy.net> wrote in message
>I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
> was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
> deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.
>
> So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
> have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
> ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
> is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
> its arrival.
>
> I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
> and basically he's just another lying politician.

No, he is NOT a schmuck, though you sound like one for calling him that.
Do you have any idea how many letters a popular president receives? Don't
you think he's too busy to respond to all of them, especially so quickly? If
he spent 8 hours a day just answering letters he wouldn't have time for much
else, would he? He relies on staff for such things.

Starkiller=A9_=3CNoSpamSKS=5FSKanz=40hotmail=2Ecom=3E?=
2009-04-12 11:11:09 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:56:24 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
wrote:

><me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>I wrote to the White House by registered letter eight weeks ago. There
>> was no reply, so after six weeks I phoned. They told me they have been
>> deluged with letters and I should phone back after eight weeks.
>>
>> So I phoned a few days ago. They told me to phone after 12 weeks. They
>> have no way of telling whether my registered letter arrived two months
>> ago. According to the USPS website it did arrive, but the White House
>> is not organised enough to acknowledge correspondence or even record
>> its arrival.
>>
>> I'm sorry to be rude, but Obama is a schmuck, isn't he? He's all talk
>> and basically he's just another lying politician.
>
>No, he is NOT a schmuck, though you sound like one for calling him that.
>Do you have any idea how many letters a popular president receives? Don't
>you think he's too busy to respond to all of them, especially so quickly? If
>he spent 8 hours a day just answering letters he wouldn't have time for much
>else, would he? He relies on staff for such things.

And apparently those staff members aren't doing shit either.
Apparently you don't read well or you would have noticed that the
WHITEHOUSE.
BTW, popular presidents receive less correspondence from the people
than unpopular ones. People in general are more compelled to write
letters when they are pissed off than they are when they are happy.
Do you write your isp when everything is working OK just to tell them
what a great job they're doing?
Do you write your local mayor just to say "good job" or do you write
to them when you are pissed off and demand action regarding an issue?
Your extrapolation is quite amusing.

Charles Aulds
2009-04-12 11:32:23 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:11:09 -0500, Starkiller©
<NoSpamSKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>And apparently those staff members aren't doing shit either.
>Apparently you don't read well or you would have noticed that the
>WHITEHOUSE.
>BTW, popular presidents receive less correspondence from the people
>than unpopular ones. People in general are more compelled to write
>letters when they are pissed off than they are when they are happy.
>Do you write your isp when everything is working OK just to tell them
>what a great job they're doing?
>Do you write your local mayor just to say "good job" or do you write
>to them when you are pissed off and demand action regarding an issue?
>Your extrapolation is quite amusing.

"Barack Obama didn't answer MY mail!"

Does that sound like a whine to you?
___
Charles

M*@privacy.net
2009-04-12 13:32:01 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:11:09 -0500, Starkiller©
<NoSpamSKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>he spent 8 hours a day just answering letters he wouldn't have time for much
>>else, would he? He relies on staff for such things.
>>
>And apparently those staff members aren't doing shit either.
>Apparently you don't read well or you would have noticed that the
>WHITEHOUSE.

I know of another person who sent a letter and email to the White
House five weeks ago, and she's had no acknowledgment or response,
either.

It's wrong for Obama to say "we want to listen to the people" and then
totally ignore the people. The guy's a politician, so he's
automatically a liar, but I wonder what people will think of him at
re-election in four years' time.

At least they should be able to track down the fact that registered
mail has arrived. I also wrote to two Senators and was able to have
constructive conversations with their offices. If they can do the job
(one Republican, the other Democrat) then what exactly is wrong with
the White House postal system?

Charles Aulds
2009-04-12 16:19:15 EST
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:32:01 +0100, me@privacy.net wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:11:09 -0500, Starkiller©
><NoSpamSKS_SKanz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>he spent 8 hours a day just answering letters he wouldn't have time for much
>>>else, would he? He relies on staff for such things.
>>>
>>And apparently those staff members aren't doing shit either.
>>Apparently you don't read well or you would have noticed that the
>>WHITEHOUSE.
>
>I know of another person who sent a letter and email to the White
>House five weeks ago, and she's had no acknowledgment or response,
>either.
>
>It's wrong for Obama to say "we want to listen to the people" and then
>totally ignore the people. The guy's a politician, so he's
>automatically a liar, but I wonder what people will think of him at
>re-election in four years' time.
>
>At least they should be able to track down the fact that registered
>mail has arrived. I also wrote to two Senators and was able to have
>constructive conversations with their offices. If they can do the job
>(one Republican, the other Democrat) then what exactly is wrong with
>the White House postal system?

Yes, but please don't sidestep my question. I'm asking YOU how longit
took for the Bush White House to respond to YOUR letters?
___
Charles

Eglemont
2009-04-15 15:08:08 EST
On 12 Apr, 21:19, Charles Aulds <cau...@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Yes, but please don't sidestep my question.  I'm asking YOU how longit
> took for the Bush White House to respond to YOUR letters?

Does Barack Obama's White House respond to letters at all?

Is the "listening to people" just for show?