Activism Discussion: Former Interrogator Rebukes Cheney For Torture Speech

Former Interrogator Rebukes Cheney For Torture Speech

TDNY
2009-05-28 03:03:02 EST
http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22718.htm

Tmurf1
2009-05-28 12:35:02 EST
On May 28, 3:03 am, "TDNY" <T...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22718.htm

The tourture methods have been proven only to make people to say
whatever they must to make it stop. The korean war is the best
example. Dick Cheney is of the same mind set as the North Korean
ledership and he has the same credibility as Kim Jung Ill.

2009-05-28 21:20:13 EST
tmurf1 wrote:
> On May 28, 3:03 am, "TDNY" <T...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>> http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22718.htm
>
> The tourture methods have been proven only to make people to say
> whatever they must to make it stop. The korean war is the best
> example. Dick Cheney is of the same mind set as the North Korean
> ledership and he has the same credibility as Kim Jung Ill.

Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for a fact.
How would you convince him to tell you where is was?

--
If we want to conquer and prevail in this or any country, a
prerequisite is to know the language. My troops have to be better than

Ramon F Herrera <ramon@conexus.net>

Michael
2009-05-29 05:11:52 EST

<*y@.> wrote in message
> tmurf1 wrote:
>> On May 28, 3:03 am, "TDNY" <T...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>>> http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22718.htm
>>
>> The tourture methods have been proven only to make people to say
>> whatever they must to make it stop. The korean war is the best
>> example. Dick Cheney is of the same mind set as the North Korean
>> ledership and he has the same credibility as Kim Jung Ill.
>
> Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for a fact.
> How would you convince him to tell you where is was?

Offer him some cookies. That actually worked to get actionable information
from one of the suspects. Torturing him won't give you anything but
gibberish.

Dan Clore
2009-05-30 14:55:09 EST
j*y@. wrote:
> tmurf1 wrote:
>> On May 28, 3:03 am, "TDNY" <T...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>>> http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22718.htm
>> The tourture methods have been proven only to make people to say
>> whatever they must to make it stop. The korean war is the best
>> example. Dick Cheney is of the same mind set as the North Korean
>> ledership and he has the same credibility as Kim Jung Ill.
>
> Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for a
> fact.

Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a few
instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the individual
involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?

> How would you convince him to tell you where is was?

Whatever you do, he'd probably try to give plausible, but false,
answers, in order to send you on goose chases until the bomb had blown
up. Then, he would laugh diabolically at your stupidity and credulousness--

--
Dan Clore

(Wait for the new edition: http://hplmythos.com/ )
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

Dan Clore wrote:
> johnny@. wrote:
>> tmurf1 wrote:
>>> The tourture methods have been proven only to make people to say
>>> whatever they must to make it stop. The korean war is the best
>>> example. Dick Cheney is of the same mind set as the North Korean
>>> ledership and he has the same credibility as Kim Jung Ill.
>>
>> Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for a
>> fact.
>
> Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a few
> instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the individual
> involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?

Bush said it has paid off. Maybe one day he will give the details.

>> How would you convince him to tell you where is was?
>
> Whatever you do, he'd probably try to give plausible, but false,
> answers, in order to send you on goose chases until the bomb had blown
> up. Then, he would laugh diabolically at your stupidity and credulousness--

And you would feed him ice cream with the same results?

If this happened to be a nuclear bomb and a hundred thousand people
died, you could comfort yourself, knowing you didn't use torture.

Tmurf1
2009-06-01 20:40:14 EST
On May 30, 3:34 pm, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:
> Dan Clore wrote:
> > johnny@. wrote:
>
> >> Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for a
> >> fact.
>
> > Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a few
> > instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the individual
> > involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?
>
> Bush said it has paid off.  Maybe one day he will give the details.
>

> >> How would you convince him to tell you where is was?
>
> > Whatever you do, he'd probably try to give plausible, but false,
> > answers, in order to send you on goose chases until the bomb had blown
> > up. Then, he would laugh diabolically at your stupidity and credulousness--
>
> And you would feed him ice cream with the same results?
>
> If this happened to be a nuclear bomb and a hundred thousand people
> died, you could comfort yourself, knowing you didn't use torture.- Hide quoted text -

Be honest with yourself if not with us. You just want to inflict pain
on other people. That is called sadistic.

2009-06-01 21:23:12 EST
tmurf1 wrote:
> On May 30, 3:34 pm, "johnny@." <johnny@.> wrote:
>> Dan Clore wrote:
>>> Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a few
>>> instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the individual
>>> involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?
>> Bush said it has paid off. Maybe one day he will give the details.

>>> Whatever you do, he'd probably try to give plausible, but false,
>>> answers, in order to send you on goose chases until the bomb had blown
>>> up. Then, he would laugh diabolically at your stupidity and credulousness--
>> And you would feed him ice cream with the same results?
>>
>> If this happened to be a nuclear bomb and a hundred thousand people
>> died, you could comfort yourself, knowing you didn't use torture.- Hide quoted text -

> Be honest with yourself if not with us. You just want to inflict pain
> on other people. That is called sadistic.

What a stupid response.

Dan Clore
2009-06-19 14:30:07 EST
j*y@. wrote:
> Dan Clore wrote:
>> johnny@. wrote:
>>> Just say we have the guy that planted a bomb, and we know it for
>>> a fact.
>> Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a
>> few instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the
>> individual involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?
>>

> Bush said it has paid off. Maybe one day he will give the details.

Why would you believe him without proof?

--

Dan Clore wrote:
> johnny@. wrote:
>> Dan Clore wrote:
>>> Does this situation ever arise in real life? Perhaps you can name a
>>> few instances, and describe the evidence that proves that the
>>> individual involved planted a bomb, without revealing the location?
>>>

>> Bush said it has paid off. Maybe one day he will give the details.
>
> Why would you believe him without proof?

I have no problem with torture. Some people deserve to be tortured
until they die. That's just the way I feel about it.