Activism Discussion: BLOOMBERG - The GRINCH That Stole Independence Day!

BLOOMBERG - The GRINCH That Stole Independence Day!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)

Freedom Man
2009-07-03 13:56:17 EST
BLOOMBERG - the GRINCH that stole Independence Day!

"A quarter inch salute can take out an eye!"

With this pompous LIE on WINS-AM news radio, Billionaire Bloomberg revealed
his abysmal ignorance for all to see. If he knew what he was talking about,
he would realize that the ladyfinger, smallest of all firecrackers, is about
three times that size but is pretty much harmless. If one went off in your
hand, at most you would sustain a small superficial burn. If bicycles and
skates are legal such small fireworks should also be, as they actually cause
far fewer injuries than bicycles and skates! See the Consumer Product Safety
Commission (CPSC) statistics if you doubt this.

But pompous Billionaire Bloomberg, in his zeal to intimidate us out of
celebrating our alleged freedom on the Fourth of July, didn't stop his
IGNORANT LIES with this. He also threatened ARREST for using fireworks. This
insult to the publics' intelligence assumes that we do not know the
difference between a mere violation and a misdemeanor. The use of
consumer-grade fireworks, unless used maliciously, is just a violation. If
you are caught, the police will steal ("confiscate") your fireworks and may
issue a summons for a small fine, but you will NOT be arrested. You can be
for selling them however.

His Majesty Herr Burgomeister Bloomberger also declared that if you buy
fireworks out of state and drive back into the city with them, you can be
arrested and your car stolen ("confiscated"). This is unfortunately true;
the NYPD, originally directed to do so by malevolent Tyrant Ghouliani and
now by Billionaire Bloomberg, stakes out the parking lots of out-of-state
fireworks retailers and looks for vehicles with New York plates. They follow
you back and bust you once you've crossed the border into NYC.

Fireworks approved by the CPSC as safe for public use are legal in most
states. Some states and localities restrict those that can be sold to "safe
and sane" items that meet even more stringent safety requirements. Why do we
let such fun-hating, freedom-stealing tyrants as Giuliani and Bloomberg
dictate that we can't have ANYTHING? Deprived of fireworks to celebrate
with, perhaps we should spend our "Independence" Day reading the history of
the American Revolution, and the tyranny against which it was fought. It has
been said that 200 years is far too long to go without a revolution, and
hearing Bloomberg's pompous lies and intimidations of the citizens he
allegedly works for, one can see the wisdom in these words!

Slim
2009-07-03 14:46:59 EST
On 2009-07-03 13:56:17 -0400, "Freedom Man" <liberty@once.net> said:

> BLOOMBERG - the GRINCH that stole Independence Day!
>
> "A quarter inch salute can take out an eye!"
>
> With this pompous LIE on WINS-AM news radio, Billionaire Bloomberg
> revealed his abysmal ignorance for all to see. If he knew what he was
> talking about, he would realize that the ladyfinger, smallest of all
> firecrackers, is about three times that size but is pretty much
> harmless. If one went off in your hand, at most you would sustain a
> small superficial burn. If bicycles and skates are legal such small
> fireworks should also be, as they actually cause far fewer injuries
> than bicycles and skates! See the Consumer Product Safety Commission
> (CPSC) statistics if you doubt this.
>
> But pompous Billionaire Bloomberg, in his zeal to intimidate us out of
> celebrating our alleged freedom on the Fourth of July, didn't stop his
> IGNORANT LIES with this. He also threatened ARREST for using fireworks.
> This insult to the publics' intelligence assumes that we do not know
> the difference between a mere violation and a misdemeanor. The use of
> consumer-grade fireworks, unless used maliciously, is just a violation.
> If you are caught, the police will steal ("confiscate") your fireworks
> and may issue a summons for a small fine, but you will NOT be arrested.
> You can be for selling them however.
>
> His Majesty Herr Burgomeister Bloomberger also declared that if you buy
> fireworks out of state and drive back into the city with them, you can
> be arrested and your car stolen ("confiscated"). This is unfortunately
> true; the NYPD, originally directed to do so by malevolent Tyrant
> Ghouliani and now by Billionaire Bloomberg, stakes out the parking lots
> of out-of-state fireworks retailers and looks for vehicles with New
> York plates. They follow you back and bust you once you've crossed the
> border into NYC.
>
> Fireworks approved by the CPSC as safe for public use are legal in most
> states. Some states and localities restrict those that can be sold to
> "safe and sane" items that meet even more stringent safety
> requirements. Why do we let such fun-hating, freedom-stealing tyrants
> as Giuliani and Bloomberg dictate that we can't have ANYTHING? Deprived
> of fireworks to celebrate with, perhaps we should spend our
> "Independence" Day reading the history of the American Revolution, and
> the tyranny against which it was fought. It has been said that 200
> years is far too long to go without a revolution, and hearing
> Bloomberg's pompous lies and intimidations of the citizens he allegedly
> works for, one can see the wisdom in these words!

And yet the Jews of Crown Heights can shoot off as many firecrackers as
they want on Purim.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Phil
2009-07-04 17:11:44 EST
On Jul 3, 1:56 pm, "Freedom Man" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
> BLOOMBERG - the GRINCH that stole Independence Day!

I don't recall firecrackers ever being legal in NYC. Even as a kid, I
remember the police taking them away from anyone who had them.

If you're going to blame Bloomberg on the fireworks laws, you should
blame all the previous mayors for them...and not just Giuliani.

Phil

Slim
2009-07-05 00:36:09 EST
On 2009-07-04 17:11:44 -0400, Phil <dogglebe@yahoo.com> said:

> On Jul 3, 1:56 pm, "Freedom Man" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>> BLOOMBERG - the GRINCH that stole Independence Day!
>
> I don't recall firecrackers ever being legal in NYC. Even as a kid, I
> remember the police taking them away from anyone who had them.
>
> If you're going to blame Bloomberg on the fireworks laws, you should
> blame all the previous mayors for them...and not just Giuliani.

Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jews.

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Phil
2009-07-05 15:21:26 EST
On Jul 5, 12:36 am, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:

> Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jews.

I couldn't find anything to support this the Daily News, New York Post
or Village Voice website. I guess the word of a lying piece of shit
like you will have to suffice, right?

Phil

Slim
2009-07-05 16:20:45 EST
On 2009-07-05 15:21:26 -0400, Phil <dogglebe@yahoo.com> said:

> On Jul 5, 12:36 am, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:
>
>> Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jew
> s.
>
> I couldn't find anything to support this the Daily News, New York Post
> or Village Voice website. I guess the word of a lying piece of shit
> like you will have to suffice, right?

Try the Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/15/nyregion/chinatown-groups-ask-mayor-to-rethink-fireworks-ban.html
Calling

Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani's ban on fireworks a violation of the freedom
of speech and religion, business owners and community advocates in
Chinatown appealed to the Mayor yesterday to allow firecrackers to be
set off in designated areas for the conclusion of the Chinese New Year
celebrations on Sunday.

Ghoulee banned fireworks for everyone execpt the Jews in Crown Heights
during Purim.

Are you trying to tell those of us who witness this shit every year
that it does not happen?

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Slim
2009-07-05 16:21:14 EST
On 2009-07-05 15:21:26 -0400, Phil <dogglebe@yahoo.com> said:

> On Jul 5, 12:36 am, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:
>
>> Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jew
> s.
>
> I couldn't find anything to support this the Daily News, New York Post
> or Village Voice website. I guess the word of a lying piece of shit
> like you will have to suffice, right?

Phil, you never answered by question.

Do you ever lie?

Yes, or no?

carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Slim
2009-07-05 16:28:17 EST

On 2009-07-05 15:21:26 -0400, Phil <dogglebe@yahoo.com> said:

> On Jul 5, 12:36 am, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:
>
>> Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jew
> s.
>
> I couldn't find anything to support this the Daily News, New York Post
> or Village Voice website. I guess the word of a lying piece of shit
> like you will have to suffice, right?

Straight from the Chosen People:

http://chareidi.shemayisrael.com/archives5766/tetzaveh/afcrackrtzv66.htm

NEWS
Warnings Against Firecrackers and Other Purim Dangers
By B. Kahn and G. Kleiman
As Purim draws near rescue services are issuing staunch warnings to
parents not to allow their children to possess firecrackers and other
items that pose a safety hazard.
Every year Magen David Adom and other emergency organizations handle
dozens of frightful cases: serious burns and the loss of fingers and
hands of children whose firecrackers exploded in their hands. In
addition many adults suffer anxiety attacks due to the many explosive
sounds in the streets.
Hatzoloh notes that many parents are simply unaware of the danger.
"Unfortunately," says Hatzoloh Yisroel Chairman Rabbi Dovid Greenwald,
"every year we encounter hundreds of emergencies around the country as
a result of dangerous firecrackers. If we can prevent a portion of
these frightful cases, or even save the loss of one hand, may this be
our reward."
Magen David Adom and other rescue services are asking parents and
teachers to caution students about the inherent danger and not to
permit them to use firecrackers.
According to the Standards Institute, fireworks must be sold in
packages marked with instructions and warnings. Caps should only be
used in cap guns equipped with a red safety cap on the barrel and
proper markings as required by law, and caps should not be kept in
pockets or fired in proximity to ears or eyes.
Magen David Adom also warns that certain costumes and accessories have
various hidden dangers and parents must be vigilant in safeguarding
their children. Costumes made of non- flammable materials that meet
safety standards are recommended and children in costume should be
especially warned in advance to stay clear of sources of heat and fire.
If a costume catches fire chas vesholom, the victim should lie down on
the ground and roll in dirt or sand, or the fire should be extinguished
with large quantities of water or smothered with a wet blanket. In the
event of burns, charred clothing should be removed and no oily
ointments or creams should be applied; instead the site of the burn
should be cooled with water and emergency aid should be sought.
carrying the cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Freedom Man
2009-07-05 16:51:19 EST
"Phil" <dogglebe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 3, 1:56 pm, "Freedom Man" <libe...@once.net> wrote:
>> BLOOMBERG - the GRINCH that stole Independence Day!
>
> I don't recall firecrackers ever being legal in NYC. Even as a kid, I
> remember the police taking them away from anyone who had them.
>
> If you're going to blame Bloomberg on the fireworks laws, you should
> blame all the previous mayors for them...and not just Giuliani.
>
> Phil

It is an old state law that was pretty much unenforced in NYC until Tyrant
Ghouliani started arresting and strip-searching, and even throwing people in
jail, for such trivial violations as jaywalking. Bloomberg is more low-key
and less mean-spirited, but is still an elitist autocrat.

Billionaire Bloomberg is also a hypocrite that allows his favorites to do as
they want - the Jews in Boro Park use fireworks on Purim and you don't hear
him threatening to throw them in jail for it.

Phil
2009-07-05 18:47:45 EST
On Jul 5, 4:20 pm, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:
> On 2009-07-05 15:21:26 -0400, Phil <doggl...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> > On Jul 5, 12:36 am, Slim <s...@pickins.com> wrote:
>
> >> Ghoulee oversaw the crackdown on fireworks for everyone....except the Jew
> > s.
>
> > I couldn't find anything to support this the Daily News, New York Post
> > or Village Voice website.  I guess the word of a lying piece of shit
> > like you will have to suffice, right?
>
> Try the Times:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/15/nyregion/chinatown-groups-ask-mayor...
>
> Ghoulee banned fireworks for everyone execpt the Jews in Crown Heights
> during Purim.

Neither of the two links you provided say that Giuliani allowed the
use of fireworks during Purim.

> Are you trying to tell those of us who witness this shit every year
> that it does not happen?

I'm saying you're a lying piece of shit. Plain and simple.

Phil
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)