Activism Discussion: Hospice System Inflitrated By Pro-suicide Agenda

Hospice System Inflitrated By Pro-suicide Agenda

George Orwell
2009-08-01 02:41:45 EST
More Oregon Patients Killed Via Assisted Suicide as Activists Infiltrate Hospice
by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
March 16, 2009

Salem, OR (LifeNews.com)

\ufffdIt appears members of Compassion & Choices have infiltrated
the hospice system and are urging patients to kill
themselves.\ufffd This is a pro-assisted suicide group.

Since Oregon passed it \ufffdAssisted Suicide\ufffd law suicides in
Oregon has increased 30 percent. According to the report,
\ufffd100% of terminally ill individuals using the law in 2008
were enrolled in hospice." The group and law is getting
more people to enter hospice. A bioethics watchdog Wesley
J. Smith said that the pro-euthanasia group "should be
ashamed, not proud."

The groups representatives seem to interfere with the
proper provision of hospice care because an essential
service of hospice is suicide prevention," Smith explained.

Because of this groups involvement, patients are being
manipulated into suicide.

----------------------------

https://www.mixmaster.it

Freedom Man
2009-08-01 13:28:35 EST
When death is imminent and unavoidable, why should anyone be forced, against
their rational will, to suffer for as long as they can be kept physically
alive?

Why don't these "pro-life" fanatics oppose WAR?

See what RELIGION does to peoples' minds?

Adults no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy - but they still torture and
kill each other over ancient myths and superstitions.

"We all remember how many religious wars were fought for a religion of love
and gentleness; how many bodies were burned alive with the genuinely kind
intention of saving souls from the eternal fire of hell." --- Karl Popper

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."
--- Robert M. Pirsig

"Religion once ruled the world. It was called the Dark Ages." --- Ruth
Green.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." ---
Victor Stenger.

"I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." ---
Clarence Darrow

"As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of
religion." --- Butterfly McQueen

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." --- Mark Twain

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in
all fiction." --- Richard Dawkins

"Cult today, religion tomorrow."

The Freedom From Religion Foundation: http://ffrf.org/
The Secular Coalition for America: www.secular.org
Secular Student Alliance: www.secularstudents.org
www.infidels.org
www.humaniststudies.org
www.atheistalliance.org
www.americanhumanist.org

Escape_the_Cult_Now
2009-08-01 16:19:58 EST
Freedom Man,

I think you missed the point. The article is not discussing people wanting
to commit suicide but people being lied to, manipulated, and sweet-talked
into suicide involving an service "Hospice" that advertises as a place where
you go to die peacefully, with great assistance. Not a murder house by
people that are pretending they are Freedom Men.

"Freedom Man" <liberty@once.net> wrote in message
> When death is imminent and unavoidable, why should anyone be forced,
> against their rational will, to suffer for as long as they can be kept
> physically alive?
>
> Why don't these "pro-life" fanatics oppose WAR?
>
> See what RELIGION does to peoples' minds?
>
> Adults no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy - but they still torture and
> kill each other over ancient myths and superstitions.
>
> "We all remember how many religious wars were fought for a religion of
> love and gentleness; how many bodies were burned alive with the genuinely
> kind intention of saving souls from the eternal fire of hell." --- Karl
> Popper
>
> "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many
> people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."
> --- Robert M. Pirsig
>
> "Religion once ruled the world. It was called the Dark Ages." --- Ruth
> Green.
>
> "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." ---
> Victor Stenger.
>
> "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." ---
> Clarence Darrow
>
> "As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of
> religion." --- Butterfly McQueen
>
> "Faith is believing what you know ain't so." --- Mark Twain
>
> "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in
> all fiction." --- Richard Dawkins
>
> "Cult today, religion tomorrow."
>
> The Freedom From Religion Foundation: http://ffrf.org/
> The Secular Coalition for America: www.secular.org
> Secular Student Alliance: www.secularstudents.org
> www.infidels.org
> www.humaniststudies.org
> www.atheistalliance.org
> www.americanhumanist.org

Freedom Man
2009-08-02 11:01:30 EST
"Escape_the_Cult_Now" <killefilz@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Freedom Man,
>
> I think you missed the point. The article is not discussing people
> wanting to commit suicide but people being lied to, manipulated, and
> sweet-talked into suicide involving an service "Hospice" that advertises
> as a place where you go to die peacefully, with great assistance. Not a
> murder house by people that are pretending they are Freedom Men.

So you could not discuss this subject rationally without resorting to
personal attack?
I suspect you have been brainwashed - probably by religion!
Terminally ill people should have the FREE CHOICE to die painlessly with
dignity and not be forced to suffer.

Ad-hominem attack is the refuge of unintelligent and immature people
incapable of disproving a valid assertion with facts or logic, so in
frustration they resort to childish name-calling.

> "Freedom Man" <liberty@once.net> wrote in message
>> When death is imminent and unavoidable, why should anyone be forced,
>> against their rational will, to suffer for as long as they can be kept
>> physically alive?
>>
>> Why don't these "pro-life" fanatics oppose WAR?
>>
>> See what RELIGION does to peoples' minds?
>>
>> Adults no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy - but they still torture and
>> kill each other over ancient myths and superstitions.
>>
>> "We all remember how many religious wars were fought for a religion of
>> love and gentleness; how many bodies were burned alive with the genuinely
>> kind intention of saving souls from the eternal fire of hell." --- Karl
>> Popper
>>
>> "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When
>> many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."
>> --- Robert M. Pirsig
>>
>> "Religion once ruled the world. It was called the Dark Ages." --- Ruth
>> Green.
>>
>> "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." ---
>> Victor Stenger.
>>
>> "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." ---
>> Clarence Darrow
>>
>> "As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of
>> religion." --- Butterfly McQueen
>>
>> "Faith is believing what you know ain't so." --- Mark Twain
>>
>> "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character
>> in all fiction." --- Richard Dawkins
>>
>> "Cult today, religion tomorrow."
>>
>> The Freedom From Religion Foundation: http://ffrf.org/
>> The Secular Coalition for America: www.secular.org
>> Secular Student Alliance: www.secularstudents.org
>> www.infidels.org
>> www.humaniststudies.org
>> www.atheistalliance.org
>> www.americanhumanist.org

Escape_the_Cult_Now
2009-08-03 03:52:31 EST
The article is not discussing people wanting to commit suicide but people
being lied to, manipulated, and
> sweet-talked into suicide involving an service "Hospice" that advertises
> as a place where you go to die peacefully, with great assistance. Not a
> murder house by people that are pretending they are Freedom Men. You
> don't seem to know how to read.

Freedom Man
2009-08-03 14:33:19 EST
> The article is not discussing people wanting to commit suicide but people
> being lied to, manipulated, and
>> sweet-talked into suicide involving an service "Hospice" that advertises
>> as a place where you go to die peacefully, with great assistance. Not a
>> murder house by people that are pretending they are Freedom Men. You
>> don't seem to know how to read.

And you don't seem to know how to write!

Escape_the_Cult_Now
2009-08-04 01:04:50 EST
[...]

2009-08-04 13:52:53 EST
> More Oregon Patients Killed Via Assisted Suicide as Activists Infiltrate
> Hospice
> by Steven Ertelt
> LifeNews.com Editor
> March 16, 2009
>
> Salem, OR (LifeNews.com)
>
> "It appears members of Compassion & Choices have infiltrated
> the hospice system and are urging patients to kill
> themselves." This is a pro-assisted suicide group.
>
> Since Oregon passed it "Assisted Suicide" law suicides in
> Oregon has increased 30 percent. According to the report,
> "100% of terminally ill individuals using the law in 2008
> were enrolled in hospice." The group and law is getting
> more people to enter hospice. A bioethics watchdog Wesley
> J. Smith said that the pro-euthanasia group "should be
> ashamed, not proud."
>
> The groups representatives seem to interfere with the
> proper provision of hospice care because an essential
> service of hospice is suicide prevention," Smith explained.
>
> Because of this groups involvement, patients are being
> manipulated into suicide.

If the rational terminally ill patient, informed of his legal rights,
chooses to end his suffering sooner than nature would allow, than that is
his or her free choice. Assisted suicide is not murder, but willful suicide.
If ever YOU are in this position you will be glad for the opportunity to end
your suffering. It's about time we took a saner, more humane attitude
towards the dying. Even animals are treated more humanely than people in
this regard.

Escape_the_Cult_Now
2009-08-04 17:01:32 EST