Activism Discussion: #CNN Drops Mosque Story, Replaces It With Breaking News About Bedbugs...

#CNN Drops Mosque Story, Replaces It With Breaking News About Bedbugs...

Frito Pendejo
2010-08-18 17:33:36 EST
After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing opponents of the
Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has suddenly dropped the story in favor
of "Breaking News" about an infestation of bedbugs in NYC.

I always read the news with a Soviet-style skepticism, realizing that it is
propaganda, and that what isn't said is often more important that what is. In
this case, the propaganda has suddenly changed, the most important story in
the world last week suddenly replaced with a trivial but sensational story
about blood-sucking insects.

When official propaganda suddenly changes, this means there is a conflict
within the Party. In this case, a prominent Party leader, Harry Reid, has
broken with other members of the Politburo, by expressing opposition to a
mosque that Chairman Obama and the Party have officially endorsed.

Since Reid is a high-ranking Party official and a loyal ally of Chairman
Obama, it is difficult to purge him. Comrade Reid's dissent is embarrassing
to the Party, since it has been using the issue to attack a rival faction for
its "counter-revolutionary" tendencies. Until this ideological conflict is
properly resolved, and Party officials purged accordingly, the subject of the
mosque has been declared off-limits, with CNN, Pravda, and other media outlets
prohibited from reporting on it.

He unrolled the message that he had set aside earlier. It ran:

times 3.12.83 reporting bb dayorder doubleplusungood refs unpersons rewrite
fullwise upsub antefiling

In Oldspeak (or standard English) this might be rendered: The reporting of Big
Brother's Order for the Day in The Times of December 3rd 1983 is extremely
unsatisfactory and makes references to non-existent persons. Rewrite it in
full and submit your draft to higher authority before filing.

Winston read through the offending article. Big Brother's Order for the Day,
it seemed, had been chiefly devoted to praising the work of an organization
known as FFCC, which supplied cigarettes and other comforts to the sailors in
the Floating Fortresses. A certain Comrade Withers, a prominent member of the
Inner Party, had been singled out for special mention and awarded a
decoration, the Order of Conspicuous Merit, Second Class.

Three months later FFCC had suddenly been dissolved with no reasons given. One
could assume that Withers and his associates were now in disgrace, but there
had been no report of the matter in the Press or on the telescreen.

Winston did not know why Withers had been disgraced. Perhaps it was for
corruption or incompetence. Perhaps Big Brother was merely getting rid of a
too-popular subordinate. Perhaps Withers or someone close to him had been
suspected of heretical tendencies. Or perhaps -- what was likeliest of all --
the thing had simply happened because purges and vaporizations were a
necessary part of the mechanics of government. The only real clue lay in the
words 'refs unpersons,' which indicated that Withers was already dead.

-- 1984

Ramon F Herrera
2010-08-18 17:54:56 EST
On Aug 18, 4:33 pm, Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:

> After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing
> opponents of the Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has
> suddenly dropped

Do you have an objective definition of the term "suddenly" that you
could offer?

-Ramon

Frito Pendejo
2010-08-18 21:14:23 EST
On 2010-08-18 15:54, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> On Aug 18, 4:33 pm, Frito Pendejo<fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
>
> > After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing
> > opponents of the Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has
> > suddenly dropped
>
> Do you have an objective definition of the term "suddenly" that you
> could offer?

I've been traveling since Sunday, but watched CNN at my hotel, and distinctly
remember hearing them discussing the mosque controversy on Sunday night and
Monday morning. Reid made his statement Monday afternoon, and I was driving
all day Tuesday, so I don't know what CNN reported, however I did not hear any
mention of Reid's statement on NPR. Today CNN has said nothing about the
mosque or Reid's statement, and the cnn.com website has no link to the story,
though it can be found by searching on "reid mosque", five hits down.

Besides bedbugs, more evidence that CNN is trying to bury the story is that
they are suddenly promoting a sensational story of a mother who drowned her
children. Normally, CNN and resident misery pimp/media whore, Nancy Grace,
feed like sharks on tragedies like this, but in this case the suspected killer
mom and her dead children are African-Americans, and CNN/Nancy prefer their
killer moms and missing/dead children to be white. A story about a
missing/dead black child is an act of desperation on CNN's part, a last resort
when no other scandal can be found to distract the public.

Since I don't watch Fox, I'm not sure what their bubble-headed bleach blondes
have to say about Reid's statement, but I betting they have dropped the story
now that Democrats taken the same position as the Republicans, since the issue
is no longer useful politically.

Ray Fischer
2010-08-20 02:46:40 EST
Frito Pendejo <frito@pendejo.com> wrote:
>After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing opponents of the
>Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has suddenly dropped the story in favor
>of "Breaking News" about an infestation of bedbugs in NYC.
>
>I always read the news with a Soviet-style skepticism,

Unless it comes from Fox, of course. That you accept without thought.

--
Ray Fischer
r*r@sonic.net

Dänk_666?=
2010-08-20 02:57:19 EST
On Aug 20, 12:46 am, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> Frito Pendejo  <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
>
> >After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing opponents of the
> >Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has suddenly dropped the story in favor
> >of "Breaking News" about an infestation of bedbugs in NYC.
>
> >I always read the news with a Soviet-style skepticism,
>
> Unless it comes from Fox, of course.  That you accept without thought.

Hmm, you seem to suffer from dyslexia or some other reading disorder,
since I wrote the following paragraph about Fux:

> Since I don't watch Fox, I'm not sure what their bubble-headed bleach blondes
> have to say about Reid's statement, but I betting they have dropped the story
> now that Democrats taken the same position as the Republicans, since the issue
> is no longer useful politically.

Gogarty
2010-08-20 10:35:27 EST
In article
<2656ab8b-8e7c-416b-9a7f-9f251352b4a3@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
d*0@rocketmail.com says...
>On Aug 20, 12:46 am, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> Frito Pendejo  <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing opponents of the
>> >Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has suddenly dropped the story in
favor
>> >of "Breaking News" about an infestation of bedbugs in NYC.
>>
>> >I always read the news with a Soviet-style skepticism,
>>
>> Unless it comes from Fox, of course.  That you accept without thought.
>
>Hmm, you seem to suffer from dyslexia or some other reading disorder,
>since I wrote the following paragraph about Fux:
>
>> Since I don't watch Fox, I'm not sure what their bubble-headed bleach
blondes
>> have to say about Reid's statement, but I betting they have dropped the
story
>> now that Democrats taken the same position as the Republicans, since the
issue
>> is no longer useful politically.

To those of us who live in New York bedbugs is a far more important concern
than a mosque.

Ray Fischer
2010-08-21 14:22:13 EST
D\ufffdnk 666 <dank420@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>On Aug 20, 12:46\ufffdam, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> Frito Pendejo \ufffd<fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing opponents of the
>> >Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has suddenly dropped the story in favor
>> >of "Breaking News" about an infestation of bedbugs in NYC.
>>
>> >I always read the news with a Soviet-style skepticism,
>>
>> Unless it comes from Fox, of course. \ufffdThat you accept without thought.
>
>Hmm, you seem to suffer from dyslexia or some other reading disorder,

You seem to be suffering from the use of drugs.

--
Ray Fischer
r*r@sonic.net

Ramon F Herrera
2010-09-08 12:25:33 EST
On Aug 18, 8:14 pm, Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
> On 2010-08-18 15:54,RamonF Herrera wrote:
>
> > On Aug 18, 4:33 pm, Frito Pendejo<fr...@pendejo.com>  wrote:
>
> >   >  After a week of non-stop coverage and commentary accusing
> >   >  opponents of the Ground Zero mosque of "bigotry," CNN has
> >   >  suddenly dropped
>
> > Do you have an objective definition of the term "suddenly" that you
> > could offer?
>
> I've been traveling since Sunday, but watched CNN at my hotel, and distinctly
> remember hearing them discussing the mosque controversy on Sunday night and
> Monday morning.  Reid made his statement Monday afternoon, and I was driving
> all day Tuesday, so I don't know what CNN reported, however I did not hear any
> mention of Reid's statement on NPR.  Today CNN has said nothing about the
> mosque or Reid's statement, and the cnn.com website has no link to the story,
> though it can be found by searching on "reid mosque", five hits down.
>

> Besides bedbugs, more evidence that CNN is trying to bury the story

Hey, Frito, this is Ramon from the future.

Almost a month later, the mosque story is hotter than ever in CNN and
elsewhere.

-Ramon