Activism Discussion: Saudi Arabia Starts To Join The Civilized World--passes Law Against Abusing Women

Saudi Arabia Starts To Join The Civilized World--passes Law Against Abusing Women
Posts: 6

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Tim Howard
2013-09-01 16:16:01 EST
This religious dictatorship has a long way to go, but this is a good
start down the road to secular freedom and equality.
--------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Arabia passes law against domestic violence
The Guardian, Thursday 29 August 2013 11.55 EDT

Saudi Arabia has passed legislation aimed at protecting women, children
and domestic staff against domestic abuse, a human rights official said
on Thursday.

The protection from abuse law is the first of its kind in a country that
has often been criticized for lacking legislation that protects women
and domestic workers against abuse.

The law, which was approved during a cabinet meeting on 26 August, came
several months after a local charity launched a nationwide campaign to
combat violence against women.

Under the 17-article legislation, those found guilty of committing
psychological or physical abuse could face prison sentences of up to one
year and up to 50,000 riyals (£8,600) in fines.

"This is a good law that serves major segments of the society in the
kingdom, including women, children, domestic workers and non-domestic
workers," said Khaled al-Fakher, secretary general of the National
Society for Human Rights, a government-licensed body.

Previously, domestic violence against women, children or workers was
treated under a general penal code based on sharia law.

Judges were left to decide according to their understanding of sharia
codes, which were seen as permitting mild violence against "disobedient"
wives and generally treated domestic violence as a private matter.

"We are always in favour of an explicit law that does not need
interpretations or personal judgment," said Fakher, whose organisation
helped draft the law.

Since 2008 the UN has urged Saudi Arabia, a US ally which follows the
strict Wahhabi branch of Sunni Islam, to create laws to protect women.

Supreme Judicial Council in 2007 condemned a 19-year-old woman to 200
lashes and six months in jail on a charge of having been with a man she
was not related to after she was attacked and gang-raped. She was
pardoned by King Abdullah.

In April this year, the King Khalid Foundation launched a campaign in
Saudi Arabia to raise awareness about violence against women. The
campaign's main poster features a woman in veil with bruising around one
eye.

Underneath a caption says: "Some things can't be covered - fighting
women's abuse together."

Fakher said one reason domestic violence was widespread in Saudi Arabia
was because tribal traditions prevented women from reporting abuse for
fear of social stigma. "Women think what the community would say about
her if she filed a complaint," he said.

There has also been an increase in reports of cases of domestic abuse in
which families mistreat their domestic staff. , sometimes resulting in
them turning on the children of their employers

Rizana Nafeek, a Sri Lankan, was beheaded in Dawadmy, near the capital,
Riyadh, in January after she was sentenced to death in 2007. She was
accused by her employer of killing his infant daughter while she was
bottle-feeding.

The law gives those who report abuse the right to remain anonymous, as
well as immunity from litigation should abuse fail to be proven in a
court. It also urges witnesses to report abuse without having to
disclose their identity, which Fakher said is a significant part of the law.

Rights activist Waleed Abu al-Khair said the law gives women some
independence: "Women were required to bring in a male relative if they
showed up at a police station to file a complaint," he said. This will
not now be necessary.

The law could be a step towards changing current regulations which
require women to get approval of male guardians – fathers, husbands or
sons – to carry out business, apply for jobs or travel outside the
country, Khair said.

Topaz
2013-09-01 18:53:04 EST

"Notice to all Men, wake up and smell the Coffee..

*The government has pressured most large organizations into giving
women preferences in hiring and promotions.

*Men and Boys are being driven out of the University's, Public
Schools, which have been re-designed solely for girls' way of
learning. And Men are starting to avoid college because of the hostile
feminist climate. So women are moving ahead of men in getting advanced
degrees. More promotions for women.

*The IRS code provides at least six subsidies encouraging women to
divorce their husbands when the excitement wears off. (Around
three-quarters of divorces are initiated by women.) This has destroyed
the Family as we know it.

*Family courts (under the legislature's standards) routinely deprive
fathers of their children. When the Courts say Fathers have no Rights,
Furthermore, the courts normally refuse to enforce even minimal
visitation rights when mothers prevent fathers from seeing the
children, and refuse to do anything to stop false Allegations.

*Family violence protective orders are widely used to get fathers out
of the house so that women can get sole custody more easily, all based
on false information and again false Allegations, because the laws
want it that way.

*Court-ordered payments to ex-wives are exorbitant, typically
one-third or more of a father's take-home pay. (My own son was ordered
to pay almost two-thirds of the income from his first, low-paying
job.)

*Courts often refuse to lower so-called child-support amounts when
fathers' income drops. When fathers become delinquent, they are
publicly smeared as "deadbeats," and often jailed. In fact, the
Bradley Amendment prohibits any reduction in "child-support" arrears,
even if the father is totally disabled, So men's suicide has rising
even more so, because that is the goal of the Feminist to keep men
beaten down.

*Courts order men to pay "child support" even when the children aren't
theirs. And this may be a far-from isolated problem in an age where
DNA-testing companies say that up to one-third of all children are not
sired by the man named by the mother, but at the same time mothers can
refuse fathers the right to have fathers names on the birth
certificate, which is back up by the courts.

*.. Men are often arrested when neighbors, or a ex-wife or girlfriend
calls the police, regardless of the evidence at the scene when
officers arrive, because that is what the police have to do, when the
laws of the Country state them to do just that.

We are living in a New Age, where a New Order has been put in place on
Men, Children, all for the Sake of Money, and Radical man hating
Feminism.

Stand up Men and say "No more", this has to stop."

Baze

http://www.ihr.org/ http://nationalvanguard.org/ http://heretical.com/

http://national-socialist-worldview.blogspot.com

Tim Howard
2013-09-01 21:34:38 EST
On 9/1/2013 3:53 PM, Topaz wrote:
>
> "Notice to all Men, wake up and smell the Coffee..
>
> *The government has pressured most large organizations into giving
> women preferences in hiring and promotions.
>
Did you even read my post you Nazi boob? The law is to prevent men from
beating their wives. The law is to prevent a family from beating their
servants (almost all of which are female). The law also has provisions
to prevent child abuse. Read this story before you post a response that
has nothing to do with it.

You say you oppose rape and that a rapist should get the death penalty.
Did you read in the story what prompted this legislation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saudi Arabia passes law against domestic violence
The Guardian, Thursday 29 August 2013 11.55 EDT

Saudi Arabia has passed legislation aimed at protecting women, children
and domestic staff against domestic abuse, a human rights official said
on Thursday.

The protection from abuse law is the first of its kind in a country that
has often been criticized for lacking legislation that protects women
and domestic workers against abuse.

The law, which was approved during a cabinet meeting on 26 August, came
several months after a local charity launched a nationwide campaign to
combat violence against women.

Under the 17-article legislation, those found guilty of committing
psychological or physical abuse could face prison sentences of up to one
year and up to 50,000 riyals (£8,600) in fines.

"This is a good law that serves major segments of the society in the
kingdom, including women, children, domestic workers and non-domestic
workers," said Khaled al-Fakher, secretary general of the National
Society for Human Rights, a government-licensed body.

Previously, domestic violence against women, children or workers was
treated under a general penal code based on sharia law.

Judges were left to decide according to their understanding of sharia
codes, which were seen as permitting mild violence against "disobedient"
wives and generally treated domestic violence as a private matter.

"We are always in favour of an explicit law that does not need
interpretations or personal judgment," said Fakher, whose organisation
helped draft the law.

Since 2008 the UN has urged Saudi Arabia, a US ally which follows the
strict Wahhabi branch of Sunni Islam, to create laws to protect women.

Supreme Judicial Council in 2007 condemned a 19-year-old woman to 200
lashes and six months in jail on a charge of having been with a man she
was not related to after she was attacked and gang-raped. She was
pardoned by King Abdullah.

In April this year, the King Khalid Foundation launched a campaign in
Saudi Arabia to raise awareness about violence against women. The
campaign's main poster features a woman in veil with bruising around one
eye.

Underneath a caption says: "Some things can't be covered - fighting
women's abuse together."

Fakher said one reason domestic violence was widespread in Saudi Arabia
was because tribal traditions prevented women from reporting abuse for
fear of social stigma. "Women think what the community would say about
her if she filed a complaint," he said.

There has also been an increase in reports of cases of domestic abuse in
which families mistreat their domestic staff. , sometimes resulting in
them turning on the children of their employers

Rizana Nafeek, a Sri Lankan, was beheaded in Dawadmy, near the capital,
Riyadh, in January after she was sentenced to death in 2007. She was
accused by her employer of killing his infant daughter while she was
bottle-feeding.

The law gives those who report abuse the right to remain anonymous, as
well as immunity from litigation should abuse fail to be proven in a
court. It also urges witnesses to report abuse without having to
disclose their identity, which Fakher said is a significant part of the law.

Rights activist Waleed Abu al-Khair said the law gives women some
independence: "Women were required to bring in a male relative if they
showed up at a police station to file a complaint," he said. This will
not now be necessary.

The law could be a step towards changing current regulations which
require women to get approval of male guardians – fathers, husbands or
sons – to carry out business, apply for jobs or travel outside the
country, Khair said.





&
2013-09-04 23:19:51 EST
On 09/01/2013 06:53 PM, Topaz wrote:
>
> "Notice to all Men, wake up and smell the Coffee..
>
> *The government has pressured most large organizations into giving
> women preferences in hiring and promotions.
>
> *Men and Boys are being driven out of the University's, Public
> Schools, which have been re-designed solely for girls' way of
> learning. And Men are starting to avoid college because of the
> hostile feminist climate. So women are moving ahead of men in getting
> advanced degrees. More promotions for women.
>
> *The IRS code provides at least six subsidies encouraging women to
> divorce their husbands when the excitement wears off. (Around
> three-quarters of divorces are initiated by women.) This has
> destroyed the Family as we know it.
>
> *Family courts (under the legislature's standards) routinely deprive
> fathers of their children. When the Courts say Fathers have no
> Rights, Furthermore, the courts normally refuse to enforce even
> minimal visitation rights when mothers prevent fathers from seeing
> the children, and refuse to do anything to stop false Allegations.
>
> *Family violence protective orders are widely used to get fathers
> out of the house so that women can get sole custody more easily, all
> based on false information and again false Allegations, because the
> laws want it that way.
>
> *Court-ordered payments to ex-wives are exorbitant, typically
> one-third or more of a father's take-home pay. (My own son was
> ordered to pay almost two-thirds of the income from his first,
> low-paying job.)
>
> *Courts often refuse to lower so-called child-support amounts when
> fathers' income drops. When fathers become delinquent, they are
> publicly smeared as "deadbeats," and often jailed. In fact, the
> Bradley Amendment prohibits any reduction in "child-support"
> arrears, even if the father is totally disabled, So men's suicide has
> rising even more so, because that is the goal of the Feminist to keep
> men beaten down.
>
> *Courts order men to pay "child support" even when the children
> aren't theirs. And this may be a far-from isolated problem in an age
> where DNA-testing companies say that up to one-third of all children
> are not sired by the man named by the mother, but at the same time
> mothers can refuse fathers the right to have fathers names on the
> birth certificate, which is back up by the courts.
>
> *.. Men are often arrested when neighbors, or a ex-wife or
> girlfriend calls the police, regardless of the evidence at the scene
> when officers arrive, because that is what the police have to do,
> when the laws of the Country state them to do just that.
>
> We are living in a New Age, where a New Order has been put in place
> on Men, Children, all for the Sake of Money, and Radical man hating
> Feminism.
>
> Stand up Men and say "No more", this has to stop."
>

too many ass hurt broke guys with ulterior agendas pretending to see the
light . if only time they cry about men and boys rights is after someone
touches our money then they arent fooling anyone they dont care about
ethics or other men or whats good for society , save speeches for empty
auditoriums . if they only cry about money after someone touches theirs
then they started fighting too late . if the only way they fight is by
talking on internet instead of blocking access to family courts and
other places then its because they dont see any injustice they know
theyre guilty of what theyre accused they dont bother they deserve what
they get for playing with fire it was all over tv they knew they thought
living like tv family was better . im right

> Baze
>
> http://www.ihr.org/ http://nationalvanguard.org/
> http://heretical.com/
>
> http://national-socialist-worldview.blogspot.com
>


Topaz
2013-09-05 17:18:34 EST
On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 23:19:51 -0400, & <ampersand.the.great@gmail.com>
wrote:


>
>too many ass hurt broke guys with ulterior agendas pretending to see the
>light . if only time they cry about men and boys rights is after someone
>touches our money then they arent fooling anyone they dont care about
>ethics or other men or whats good for society , save speeches for empty
>auditoriums . if they only cry about money after someone touches theirs
>then they started fighting too late . if the only way they fight is by
>talking on internet instead of blocking access to family courts and
>other places then its because they dont see any injustice they know
>theyre guilty of what theyre accused they dont bother they deserve what
>they get for playing with fire it was all over tv they knew they thought
>living like tv family was better . im right
>

You have some good points. But don't block access to family court or
anything. They would certainly arrest you. And it's great if someone
does awake, even if it is late.


http://www.ihr.org/ http://nationalvanguard.org/ http://heretical.com/

http://national-socialist-worldview.blogspot.com

&
2013-09-05 18:01:39 EST
On 09/05/2013 05:18 PM, Topaz wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 23:19:51 -0400, &
> <ampersand.the.great@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>
>> too many ass hurt broke guys with ulterior agendas pretending to
>> see the light . if only time they cry about men and boys rights is
>> after someone touches our money then they arent fooling anyone they
>> dont care about ethics or other men or whats good for society ,
>> save speeches for empty auditoriums . if they only cry about money
>> after someone touches theirs then they started fighting too late .
>> if the only way they fight is by talking on internet instead of
>> blocking access to family courts and other places then its because
>> they dont see any injustice they know theyre guilty of what theyre
>> accused they dont bother they deserve what they get for playing
>> with fire it was all over tv they knew they thought living like tv
>> family was better . im right
>>
>
> You have some good points. But don't block access to family court or
> anything. They would certainly arrest you.

mens groups should do it when they picket

>And it's great if someone
> does awake, even if it is late.
>

not if its only academic

>
> http://www.ihr.org/ http://nationalvanguard.org/
> http://heretical.com/
>
> http://national-socialist-worldview.blogspot.com
>
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron