Activism Discussion: 70,000 Roses, 250,000 Flowers For Bush's Inauguration

70,000 Roses, 250,000 Flowers For Bush's Inauguration

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

JOE
2005-01-09 08:25:48 EST
News from The Society of American Florists

Over 200 florists from around the country soon will visit the U.S.
capital, working day and night to arrange flowers for President Bush's
second inauguration Jan. 20.

"This year, they really want a very elegant, sophisticated look," said
Jennifer Sparks, the society's vice president of marketing.

Bush will be inaugurated amid more than 100 varieties of flowers --
250,000 in all and 70,000 roses alone -- from the United States,
Europe and Latin America, Sparks said.

EVERYONE MUST KNEEL BEFORE THE EMPEROR AT HIS JAN. 20 CORONATION.

THE EMPEROR WILL BE PRESENTED WITH GIFTS OF GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND
MYRRH!!

Duke
2005-01-09 08:38:16 EST
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 07:25:48 -0600, JOE <JOE@ARGH.NET> wrote:

>News from The Society of American Florists
>
>Over 200 florists from around the country soon will visit the U.S.
>capital, working day and night to arrange flowers for President Bush's
>second inauguration Jan. 20.
>
>"This year, they really want a very elegant, sophisticated look," said
>Jennifer Sparks, the society's vice president of marketing.
>
>Bush will be inaugurated amid more than 100 varieties of flowers --
>250,000 in all and 70,000 roses alone -- from the United States,
>Europe and Latin America, Sparks said.
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>EVERYONE MUST KNEEL BEFORE THE EMPEROR AT HIS JAN. 20 CORONATION.
>
>THE EMPEROR WILL BE PRESENTED WITH GIFTS OF GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND
>MYRRH!!

It is only proper for the American people that freely elected him to want to do
that.

Welcome back, Mr. President.

duke

*****
Matthew 7
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,'
will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he
who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
*****

Williams
2005-01-09 11:06:04 EST
do you use salt and pepper when you eat bush's shit or no?

L*@aol.com
2005-01-09 11:54:19 EST
Must be all those roses left that didn't get thrown at our troops by
grateful Iraqis.

T_Hull
2005-01-09 13:07:06 EST
In article <1105286764.848322.204240@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Williams" <c-williams3@lycos.com> wrote:

> do you use salt and pepper when you eat bush's shit or no?

bush has been shitting on the world for the past 4+ years.

--
"Somewhere in the universe there must be something better than man." - Taylor

______________________
remove 'XXX" to reply.

Jez
2005-01-09 13:18:16 EST
JOE wrote:
> News from The Society of American Florists
>
> Over 200 florists from around the country soon will visit the U.S.
> capital, working day and night to arrange flowers for President Bush's
> second inauguration Jan. 20.
>
> "This year, they really want a very elegant, sophisticated look," said
> Jennifer Sparks, the society's vice president of marketing.
>
> Bush will be inaugurated amid more than 100 varieties of flowers --
> 250,000 in all and 70,000 roses alone -- from the United States,
> Europe and Latin America, Sparks said.

> EVERYONE MUST KNEEL BEFORE THE EMPEROR AT HIS JAN. 20 CORONATION.
>
> THE EMPEROR WILL BE PRESENTED WITH GIFTS OF GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND
> MYRRH!!

Sick !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1386231,00.html

--
Jez
'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable

NFS Underground2, Americas Army And MOH-PA
yahoo ID: hellward2004

Paul Harper
2005-01-09 13:47:01 EST
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:18:16 +0000, Jez
<iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote:

>http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1386231,00.html

Well, he spent a half a billion dollars buying the election, another
50mil or so on the inauguration is hardly noticable....

Paul.

--
. A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality
. JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.

Jls
2005-01-09 13:52:12 EST
I really don't have a problem with this, other than it would be nice if
they announced some sort of toning down, however minor, and giving
instead to the Tsunami relief. Other than that, the inauguration is a
wonderful event and a chance to celebrate the continuation of the US
democratic process. The peaceful passage of power the US has enjoyed
since it's creation is something to be very proud of.

So I don't begrudge the celebration, I just wish I could leave town
while it's happening this year.

janet

T_Hull
2005-01-09 13:54:23 EST
In article <SLSdnZelP8HX4HzcRVn-3Q@comcast.com>,
jls <jscott0113@comcast.net> wrote:

> I really don't have a problem with this, other than it would be nice if
> they announced some sort of toning down, however minor, and giving
> instead to the Tsunami relief. Other than that, the inauguration is a
> wonderful event and a chance to celebrate the continuation of the US
> democratic process.

Is that what we call it now?

> The peaceful passage of power the US has enjoyed
> since it's creation is something to be very proud of.

Keep telling yourself that

--
"Somewhere in the universe there must be something better than man." - Taylor

______________________
remove 'XXX" to reply.

Joe
2005-01-09 14:09:11 EST

jls wrote:
> I really don't have a problem with this, other than it would be nice
if
> they announced some sort of toning down, however minor, and giving
> instead to the Tsunami relief. Other than that, the inauguration is
> wonderful event and a chance to celebrate the continuation of the US
> democratic process. The peaceful passage of power the US has
enjoyed
> since it's creation is something to be very proud of.

Yes it is something to be proud of. Beginning with Washington, we've
set the standard for the civilized world when it comes to represenative
government. Kudos to the generations of Americans who have ensured that
peaceful transfers of power are the rule, and not the exception.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)