Activism Discussion: Attention Seniors: You Can Save Social Security!

Attention Seniors: You Can Save Social Security!

KEJ
2005-01-11 00:10:42 EST
Seniors,

Go to this Web site, enter your zip code, and find the phone number
and email address for your U.S. Senator and Representative:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Use the local number to give them a call. Send them an email as well.
Both methods are FREE.

TELL THEM that if they're going to vote for President Bush's plan to
destroy Social Security, YOU will vote them out of office when they
run for re-election.

DO IT NOW.

(tell a friend)

Dave Thompson
2005-01-11 01:28:13 EST
In news:dqn6u09ev39hitr5ssn5ie7qg948n0fhu0@4ax.com,
KEJ <kej@cate.pro> pecked:
> Seniors,
>
> Go to this Web site, enter your zip code, and find the phone number
> and email address for your U.S. Senator and Representative:
>
> http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
>
> Use the local number to give them a call. Send them an email as well.
> Both methods are FREE.
>
> TELL THEM that if they're going to vote for President Bush's plan to
> destroy Social Security, YOU will vote them out of office when they
> run for re-election.
>
> DO IT NOW.

No I won't do it now.

Even under the most radical revamp, current recipients and those within 15
years of retirement age will be covered under the current system.

You are a poorly formed troll disseminating misleading information with only
a desire to cause panic.

--
Dave Thompson
(The Other)

Williams
2005-01-11 07:46:48 EST
January 11, 2005

Bush is real threat to Social Security
Molly Ivins

Austin, Texas --The Bushies are about to launch a $50 million to $100
million dollar propaganda campaign to convince us the Social Security
system is in crisis. Actually, it's not. It's quite robust and has
astonishingly low administrative costs, less than 1 percent.
According to President Bush's own Commission to "Strengthen Social
Security," the administrative costs of keeping track of private
accounts will be 10 to 30 times the cost of administering the current
system.

The Social Security System is in no danger whatsoever of going broke or
even of having to pay out less than full compensation for at least 50
years. There are any number of statistical models and premises one can
argue about here, but when the administration begins with a premise
that requires fixing Social Security based on an extrapolation to
infinity, you know you are not dealing with people who argue in good
faith.

Let's get this straight. The Republicans do not want to fix Social
Security, they want to kill it. Period. They don't want to "partially
privatize" Social Security, they want to end it.

This same rigid, inflexible, impractical the-market-is-always-best
ideology is like a form of mania with these folks. As Paul Krugman
patiently points out, "Claims that stocks will always yield high,
low-risk returns are just bad economics."

In fact, it's more than passingly reminiscent of another rigid,
inflexible, politico-economic orthodoxy: communism. And just as capable
of robustly ignoring reality.

And for robustly ignoring reality, you can hardly beat spending $50
million to $100 million on a propaganda campaign to convince America
there's something seriously wrong with Social Security while you ignore
the collapse of the American health care system.

According to the Washington Post: "Several GOP groups close to the
White House are asking the same donors who helped re-elect Bush to fund
an extensive campaign to convince Americans - and skeptical lawmakers
- that Social Security is in crisis and that private accounts are the
only cure.

"Progress for America, an independent group that backed Bush, has set
aside about $9 million to support the president's Social Security plan.
... The group is asking its donors for more.

"Stephen Moore, head of the Club for Growth, has raised $1.5 million,
and hopes to reach a $15 million target. ... Those contributions are
likely to be dwarfed by those from corporate trade associations,
spearheaded by the National Association of Manufacturers. Other likely
contributors include the financial services and securities industries.
..."

I'll say they're likely contributors. This is a giant fee-generating
scheme for Wall Street.
Contact Molly Ivins through www.creators.com.

K*@gone-gone-gone.com
2005-01-11 09:04:23 EST
On 11 Jan 2005 04:46:48 -0800, "Williams" <c-williams3@lycos.com>
wrote:

>January 11, 2005
>
>Bush is real threat to Social Security
>Molly Ivins

"Remember: Liberalism is a mental illness."

Sid9
2005-01-11 09:45:47 EST
Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com wrote:
> On 11 Jan 2005 04:46:48 -0800, "Williams" <c-williams3@lycos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> January 11, 2005
>>
>> Bush is real threat to Social Security
>> Molly Ivins
>>
> "Remember: Liberalism is a mental illness."

Right wing FEAR or the truth causes snipping.

RRR's sell fear

Jerry Okamura
2005-01-11 14:34:45 EST
Thanks for reminding me. You probably won't like it, but my message was to
do something about the future problem we face in social security.

"KEJ" <kej@cate.pro> wrote in message
> Seniors,
>
> Go to this Web site, enter your zip code, and find the phone number
> and email address for your U.S. Senator and Representative:
>
> http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
>
> Use the local number to give them a call. Send them an email as well.
> Both methods are FREE.
>
> TELL THEM that if they're going to vote for President Bush's plan to
> destroy Social Security, YOU will vote them out of office when they
> run for re-election.
>
> DO IT NOW.

> (tell a friend)

K*@gone-gone-gone.com
2005-01-11 17:31:41 EST
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:45:47 -0500, "Sid9" <sid9@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com wrote:
>> On 11 Jan 2005 04:46:48 -0800, "Williams" <c-williams3@lycos.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> January 11, 2005
>>>
>>> Bush is real threat to Social Security
>>> Molly Ivins
>>>
>> "Remember: Liberalism is a mental illness."
>
>Right wing FEAR or the truth causes snipping.

Left wing fools can't handle the truth.
That would be why you are Losers ;-)

Sid9
2005-01-11 19:42:21 EST
Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com (another cowardly change of name) wrote
his usually meaningless crap:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:45:47 -0500, "Sid9" <sid9@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com wrote:

>>> "Remember: Liberalism is a mental illness."
>>
>> Right wing FEAR or the truth causes snipping.
>>
> Left wing fools can't handle the truth.
> That would be why you are Losers ;-)

K*@gone-gone-gone.com
2005-01-12 09:03:59 EST
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:42:21 -0500, "Sid9" <sid9@bellsouth.net>being
a know-nothing mental midget and looking stupid as usual, unable to
face the truth.
>Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com (another cowardly change of name) wrote
>his usually meaningless crap:
LOL!!!!
So that's why you are crying the liberal loser blues?

Here, chew on this Loser.....

>> Left wing fools can't handle the truth.
>> That would be why you are Losers ;-)
Now run along and be stupid elsewhere....

Sid9
2005-01-12 09:13:21 EST
Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:42:21 -0500, "Sid9" <sid9@bellsouth.net>being
> a know-nothing mental midget and looking stupid as usual, unable to
> face the truth.
>> Kerry/Edwards@gone-gone-gone.com (another cowardly change of name)
>> wrote his usually meaningless crap:
> LOL!!!!
> So that's why you are crying the liberal loser blues?
>>
> Here, chew on this Loser.....
>>>>
>>> Left wing fools can't handle the truth.
>>> That would be why you are Losers ;-)
> Now run along and be stupid elsewhere....

No school today?