Activism Discussion: Dems To Stop Obstructing, Will Take Action

Dems To Stop Obstructing, Will Take Action

Dave Simpson
2005-05-03 23:36:45 EST

Jennifer Wilbanks is their model.

If they left the country, we could forbid them from returning!

Go, Dims, go.

Jrd100
2005-05-04 00:27:33 EST
Ten Key Values of the US-GP

1. GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY
Every human being deserves a say in the decisions that affect their lives
and not be subject to the will of another. Therefore, we will work to
increase public participation at every level of government and to ensure
that our public representatives are fully accountable to the people who
elect them. We will also work to create new types of political organizations
which expand the process of participatory democracy by directly including
citizens in the decision-making process.

2. SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
All persons should have the rights and opportunity to benefit equally from
the resources afforded us by society and the environment. We must
consciously confront in ourselves, our organizations, and society at large,
barriers such as racism and class oppression, sexism and homophobia, ageism
and disability, which act to deny fair treatment and equal justice under the
law.

3. ECOLOGICAL WISDOM
Human societies must operate with the understanding that we are part of
nature, not separate from nature. We must maintain an ecological balance
and live within the ecological and resource limits of our communities and
our planet. We support a sustainable society which utilizes resources in
such a way that future generations will benefit and not suffer from the
practices of our generation. To this end we must practice agriculture which
replenishes the soil; move to an energy efficient economy; and live in ways
that respect the integrity of natural systems.

4. NON-VIOLENCE
It is essential that we develop effective alternatives to society's current
patterns of violence. We will work to demilitarize, and eliminate weapons of
mass destruction, without being naive about the intentions of other
governments. We recognize the need for self-defense and the defense of
others who are in helpless situations. We promote non-violent methods to
oppose practices and policies with which we disagree, and will guide our
actions toward lasting personal, community and global peace.

5. DECENTRALIZATION
Centralization of wealth and power contributes to social and economic
injustice, environmental destruction, and militarization. Therefore, we
support a restructuring of social, political and economic institutions away
from a system which is controlled by and mostly benefits the powerful few,
to a democratic, less bureaucratic system. Decision-making should, as much
as possible, remain at the individual and local level, while assuring that
civil rights are protected for all citizens.

6. COMMUNITY-BASED ECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE
We recognize it is essential to create a vibrant and sustainable economic
system, one that can create jobs and provide a decent standard of living for
all people while maintaining a healthy ecological balance. A successful
economic system will offer meaningful work with dignity, while paying a
"living wage" which reflects the real value of a person's work.

Local communities must look to economic development that assures protection
of the environment and workers' rights; broad citizen participation in
planning; and enhancement of our "quality of life." We support independently
owned and operated companies which are socially responsible, as well as
co-operatives and public enterprises that distribute resources and control
to more people through democratic participation.

7. FEMINISM AND GENDER EQUITY
We have inherited a social system based on male domination of politics and
economics. We call for the replacement of the cultural ethics of domination
and control with more cooperative ways of interacting that respect
differences of opinion and gender. Human values such as equity between the
sexes, interpersonal responsibility, and honesty must be developed with
moral conscience. We should remember that the process that determines our
decisions and actions is just as important as achieving the outcome we want.

8. RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
We believe it is important to value cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual,
religious and spiritual diversity, and to promote the development of
respectful relationships across these lines.

We believe that the many diverse elements of society should be reflected in
our organizations and decision-making bodies, and we support the leadership
of people who have been traditionally closed out of leadership roles. We
acknowledge and encourage respect for other life forms than our own and the
preservation of biodiversity.

9. PERSONAL AND GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITY
We encourage individuals to act to improve their personal well-being and, at
the same time, to enhance ecological balance and social harmony. We seek to
join with people and organizations around the world to foster peace,
economic justice, and the health of the planet.

10. FUTURE FOCUS AND SUSTAINABILITY
Our actions and policies should be motivated by long-term goals. We seek to
protect valuable natural resources, safely disposing of or "unmaking" all
waste we create, while developing a sustainable economics that does not
depend on continual expansion for survival. We must counterbalance the drive
for short-term profits by assuring that economic development, new
technologies, and fiscal policies are responsible to future generations who
will inherit the results of our actions.

Ten Key Values from other state and local Greens.
There is no authoritative version of the Ten Key Values of the Greens. The
Ten Key Values are guiding principles that are adapted and defined to fit
each state and local chapter.

http://www.gp.org/tenkey.html

Houzenfutz
2005-05-04 00:34:15 EST
Both the Dems and Repubs have a lot of work to do on cleaning up the
economy. The main task of importance is passing laws that forbid jobs being
shipped overseas.

"jrd100" <jrd100@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> economic justice, and the health of the planet.
>
> 10. FUTURE FOCUS AND SUSTAINABILITY
> Our actions and policies should be motivated by long-term goals. We seek
> protect valuable natural resources, safely disposing of or "unmaking" all
> waste we create, while developing a sustainable economics that does not
> depend on continual expansion for survival. We must counterbalance the
drive
> for short-term profits by assuring that economic development, new
> technologies, and fiscal policies are responsible to future generations
who
> will inherit the results of our actions.
>
> Ten Key Values from other state and local Greens.
> There is no authoritative version of the Ten Key Values of the Greens.
The
> Ten Key Values are guiding principles that are adapted and defined to fit

The Bandit
2005-05-04 00:44:52 EST

jrd100 wrote:
> Ten Key Values of the US-GP
>
> 1. GRASSROOTS DEMOCRACY
> Every human being deserves a say in the decisions that affect their
lives
> and not be subject to the will of another.

Gee, thats exactly what guys like Teddy been doing for years! You know,
they opened my community to foreigners from other countries and take my
money to feed, jail and educate them while never asking how I felt
about it! If Americans had a say, poverty, crime, congestion and cities
finances wouldn't be so bleak like they are today. Then they have the
gull to call me a bigot or racists when I get fed up and demand a stop
to it!

Jrd100
2005-05-04 01:01:22 EST
Read on.

Dave Simpson
2005-05-04 22:33:30 EST
Hi, JD. While sugared with euphemisms (many of which are catch-words
and catch-phrases), what's sought in that last is so radical the only
chance for proponents to get a real say is with proportional
representation. There's also incompatibility in that decentralization
would lead honestly to a return to constitutional federalism, rather
than things like federal corporate charters, for example.

Jrd100
2005-05-07 22:48:41 EST
"Dave Simpson" <david_l_simpson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, JD. While sugared with euphemisms (many of which are catch-words
> and catch-phrases), what's sought in that last is so radical the only
> chance for proponents to get a real say is with proportional
> representation.

I assume you are refering to the last paragraph of my previous post:

"There is no authoritative version of the Ten Key Values of the Greens. The
Ten Key Values are guiding principles that are adapted and defined to fit
each state and local chapter."

There will be many different versions of the 10GV because the Green Party is
a local community party.

The manner in which the 10GV are presented to the local constituents belongs
to the local Green Parties themselves.

No need to worry about this fact because all of the Green political parties
follow the principles of the 10GV.

I feel this is an example of modern political decentralization.

Maybe a better name for the Green Party would be the Green Community Party.

> There's also incompatibility in that decentralization
> would lead honestly to a return to constitutional federalism, rather
> than things like federal corporate charters, for example.

I can only see/envision this situation/travesty happening if the federal
structures become ineffecive and do not retain the majority support of the
population. PR would probably be accepted at this point.

These days, Ballot Access reform will benefit third parties more than PR.

PR would be very expensive and difficult to implement. Ballot Access reform
has a better chance.

JRD100

--
>From TimesDispatch.com TV Listings.

"9:30 p.m. FOX (35) American Dad When Haley returns from a Green Party rally
with her hair dyed green, Stan waits for her to fall asleep and shaves her
head."

LOL! Is this for real????

Dave Simpson
2005-05-08 14:32:07 EST

jrd100 wrote:

> There will be many different versions of the 10GV because the
> Green Party is a local community party.
>
> Maybe a better name for the Green Party would be the Green
> Community Party.

That'll raise eyebrows. (Hint: It's more than just environmentalism
that the Greens pursue.) Just change the last two letters...

> I can only see/envision this situation/travesty happening if the
> federal structures become ineffecive and do not retain the majority
> support of the population. PR would probably be accepted at this
> point.

Note that it's difficult because of the duopoly's stranglehold.

Ballot access should be sought anyway, independently. Discrimination
is wrong.

As to the Fox news item, Fox is less liberal, but often more tacky
than other media networks. (The others are more vapid.) Is the story
for real? It may well be.

M*@astound.net
2005-05-08 18:20:56 EST

Dave Simpson wrote:
> Jennifer Wilbanks is their model.

Stupid as ever Dave. But then we knew that.

> If they left the country, we could forbid them from returning!

And then you would have the dictatorship you would so much
like to have.

> Go, Dims, go.

No. The United States is much to valuable to turn over
unrestrictedly to totalitarians like you.