Activism Discussion: If Bush Is Such A Great Leader, Why Are Recruiting Numbers So Low?

If Bush Is Such A Great Leader, Why Are Recruiting Numbers So Low?

E*@elcmedia.com
2005-06-04 00:38:13 EST
http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-892069.php

The other question is, why is the DoD making it so that recruiting
numbers for individual branches cannot be revealed, and can only be
revealed in general numbers for the overall military? It's because,
that way, it looks like we are closer to meeting our recruiting goals.
Instead, though, they want to shroud the truth so that Americans can
feel like things are going just fine. That is just more fascism;
placing the state and its image above the truth and the people.
Why do conservatives find this acceptable? Instead of demanding
openness and truth you blindly support your leaders and attack those
who are not even in power. You deserve better than that! Stop letting
your leaders ass rape you. America is declining with Republicans in
charge. No two ways about it.

Willcox
2005-06-04 00:48:41 EST
Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
encouraging the insurgents. They want a democrat in the whitehouse and
don't care who pays for it with their lives.

If you want this war to be over tell NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to stop
backbiting the president and support our troops!

<*c@elcmedia.com> wrote:

> http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-892069.php
>
> The other question is, why is the DoD making it so that recruiting
> numbers for individual branches cannot be revealed, and can only be
> revealed in general numbers for the overall military? It's because,
> that way, it looks like we are closer to meeting our recruiting goals.
> Instead, though, they want to shroud the truth so that Americans can
> feel like things are going just fine. That is just more fascism;
> placing the state and its image above the truth and the people.
> Why do conservatives find this acceptable? Instead of demanding
> openness and truth you blindly support your leaders and attack those
> who are not even in power. You deserve better than that! Stop letting
> your leaders ass rape you. America is declining with Republicans in
> charge. No two ways about it.

E*@elcmedia.com
2005-06-04 00:52:55 EST

Willcox wrote:
> Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
> mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
> fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
> encouraging the insurgents. They want a democrat in the whitehouse and
> don't care who pays for it with their lives.
>
> If you want this war to be over tell NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to stop
> backbiting the president and support our troops!

According to the President and Rumsfeld we already have enough troops.
It's not the media's fault that Bush is a crap leader.

> <eric@elcmedia.com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-892069.php
> >
> > The other question is, why is the DoD making it so that recruiting
> > numbers for individual branches cannot be revealed, and can only be
> > revealed in general numbers for the overall military? It's because,
> > that way, it looks like we are closer to meeting our recruiting goals.
> > Instead, though, they want to shroud the truth so that Americans can
> > feel like things are going just fine. That is just more fascism;
> > placing the state and its image above the truth and the people.
> > Why do conservatives find this acceptable? Instead of demanding
> > openness and truth you blindly support your leaders and attack those
> > who are not even in power. You deserve better than that! Stop letting
> > your leaders ass rape you. America is declining with Republicans in
> > charge. No two ways about it.

Mike P
2005-06-04 01:17:30 EST
Willcox wrote:
> Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because

A man who says he was severely burned when a portable toilet exploded
after he sat down and lit a cigarette is suing a general contractor and
a coal company, accusing them of negligence.

John Jenkins, 53, and his wife, Ramona Jenkins, 35, of Brave, Pa., filed
the suit Tuesday in county circuit court seeking $10 million in damages
from Chisler Inc. and Eastern Associated Coal Corp.

The lawsuit claims Jenkins' face, neck, arms, torso and legs were
severely burned last July after the cigarette ignited methane gas
leaking from a pipe underneath the toilet unit.

"When I struck the lighter, the whole thing just detonated - the whole
top blew off," said Jenkins, a methane power plant operator with North
West Fuels Development Inc. "I can't tell you if it blew me out the door
or if I jumped out."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EXPLODING_TOILET?SITE=CAOAK&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Willcox
2005-06-04 01:40:46 EST
<*c@elcmedia.com> wrote:

> Willcox wrote:
> > Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
> > mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
> > fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
> > encouraging the insurgents. They want a democrat in the whitehouse and
> > don't care who pays for it with their lives.
> >
> > If you want this war to be over tell NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to stop
> > backbiting the president and support our troops!
> >
> According to the President and Rumsfeld we already have enough troops.
> It's not the media's fault that Bush is a crap leader.

Bush rocks!!!

http://insurgent0001.ctshare.com/kerry/Bush_comparison.jpg

And Nixon didn't loose the Vietnam war, the prosters lost it for us:

http://insurgent0001.ctshare.com/politics/vietnam-war.jpg

> > <eric@elcmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-892069.php
> > >
> > > The other question is, why is the DoD making it so that recruiting
> > > numbers for individual branches cannot be revealed, and can only be
> > > revealed in general numbers for the overall military? It's because,
> > > that way, it looks like we are closer to meeting our recruiting goals.
> > > Instead, though, they want to shroud the truth so that Americans can
> > > feel like things are going just fine. That is just more fascism;
> > > placing the state and its image above the truth and the people.
> > > Why do conservatives find this acceptable? Instead of demanding
> > > openness and truth you blindly support your leaders and attack those
> > > who are not even in power. You deserve better than that! Stop letting
> > > your leaders ass rape you. America is declining with Republicans in
> > > charge. No two ways about it.

Steve
2005-06-04 06:55:49 EST
e*c@elcmedia.com wrote:

> According to the President and Rumsfeld we already have enough troops.
> It's not the media's fault that Bush is a crap leader.

He's a crap liar, too. He keeps getting caught.

Abracadabra
2005-06-04 08:17:51 EST

"Willcox" <not_giving@you.my.address.com> wrote in message
> Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
> mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
> fighting in Iraq night after night

So American soldiers dying isn't news?
How little regard you have for the lives of our soldiers that you greet
their deaths with "ho-hum, who gives a shit?"

>, discouraging recruits and
> encouraging the insurgents.

Wow - so the insurgents watch English language broadcasts? I didn't know
that CBS, NBC and ABC news broadcast the nightly news in Fallujah! And all
the insurgents understand English? That's news!

They want a democrat in the whitehouse and
> don't care who pays for it with their lives.
>
> If you want this war to be over tell NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to stop
> backbiting the president and support our troops!

I think you need to work on your logical and deductive reasoning.

> <eric@elcmedia.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-892069.php
>>
>> The other question is, why is the DoD making it so that recruiting
>> numbers for individual branches cannot be revealed, and can only be
>> revealed in general numbers for the overall military? It's because,
>> that way, it looks like we are closer to meeting our recruiting goals.
>> Instead, though, they want to shroud the truth so that Americans can
>> feel like things are going just fine. That is just more fascism;
>> placing the state and its image above the truth and the people.
>> Why do conservatives find this acceptable? Instead of demanding
>> openness and truth you blindly support your leaders and attack those
>> who are not even in power. You deserve better than that! Stop letting
>> your leaders ass rape you. America is declining with Republicans in
>> charge. No two ways about it.

Dan Clore
2005-06-05 04:13:15 EST
Willcox wrote:

> Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
> mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
> fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
> encouraging the insurgents.

How dare those liberals play politics by reporting the news!

> If you want this war to be over tell NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN to stop
> backbiting the president and support our troops!

Yeah, support the troops by covering up their deaths!

--
Dan Clore

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1587154838/thedanclorenecro/
Lord We├┐rdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/

Stan De SD
2005-06-06 16:20:07 EST

"Dan Clore" <clore@columbia-center.org> wrote in message
> Willcox wrote:
>
> > Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
> > mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
> > fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
> > encouraging the insurgents.
>
> How dare those liberals play politics by reporting the news!

Fuck off, Clore. The liberals are doing their best to undermine our
efforts - reduced recruiting numbers is what they have wanted all along.

Dan Clore
2005-06-08 12:03:21 EST
Stan de SD wrote:
> "Dan Clore" <clore@columbia-center.org> wrote in message
>>Willcox wrote:

>>>Recruitment is down and the fighting is up because the elitist
>>>mainstream media is playing politics with the war by harping about the
>>>fighting in Iraq night after night, discouraging recruits and
>>>encouraging the insurgents.
>>
>>How dare those liberals play politics by reporting the news!
>
> Fuck off, Clore. The liberals are doing their best to undermine our
> efforts - reduced recruiting numbers is what they have wanted all along.

Good for them!