Activism Discussion: LMSM, The 'Lying Mainstream Media'

LMSM, The 'Lying Mainstream Media'

Allen L. Barker
2005-06-16 22:34:15 EST

LMSM, the 'Lying Mainstream Media'
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2005/061605.html
By Robert Parry
June 17, 2005

[...]

Manning also indicated to Rice that Blair needed this UN
initiative because the British media and people weren't the
pushovers that their American counterparts were. “I said
that you [Blair] would not budge in your support for regime
change [in Iraq] but you had to manage a press, a Parliament
and a public opinion that was different from anything in the
States,” Manning wrote.

[...]

--
Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
Music ==> http://www.soundclick.com/kingflowermusic.htm

Social Americans
2005-06-17 05:12:31 EST
"Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message news:HEqse.5662

> Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc

With all due respect, all these mind control websites are completely bogus.
The only "mind control" that works is called "advertising".

When you see loads of TV commercials promoting a certain product, you tend
to buy that product more, that's all. If a product isn't advertised much,
it doesn't sell.

The US government experiments with LSD did cause problems. LSD causes sleep
loss and causes a person to daydream a bit more than usual. But, LSD cannot
make a person break the law. In fact, no drugs can cause a person to lose
his morals or breal the law.

If a person commits a crime, he knows exactly what he is doing, and he is
choosing to do it.
http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/sup/fictional.html

In large doses, LSD can cause a person to go many days or weeks straight
without sleep. The only thing that can counter LSD is lithium carbonate.
Lithium neutralizes acids in the body, including LSD, and brings back good
sleep again immediately.

This website explains how lithium carbonate works, in plain English
http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/acahs/medical/m-lithium2.html

There is no such thing as "mind control". People choose to think about
certain topics. A person can ignore any topic he doesn't like or understand.

The only thing the US LSD experiments resulted in during the 1970s was
increased distrust by the Soviet Union, which resulted in both countries
building even more ICBM's.

How Harassment works
http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/country/harassment.html

Allen L. Barker
2005-06-17 09:37:28 EST
Social Americans wrote:
> "Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message news:HEqse.5662
>

>>Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
>

> With all due respect, all these mind control websites are completely bogus.
> The only "mind control" that works is called "advertising".

It is your posts which are bogus. I'm just not sure what your
agenda really is...

Let's see, you push the notion that mental illness is all nothing
but sleep loss. Obviously sleep loss can cause serious problems,
and the current concepts of mental illness definitely need to be
questioned, but your position is ridiculous.

You dismiss the idea of harassment with the simplistic statement
that the harasser hurts himself or herself more. You preach that
no action should be taken against harassers, presumably not even
to stop them. If you had ever been subjected to severe, long-term
harassment you might see things differently.

Below, you mischaracterize "mind control" in several ways. It is
much more than just some LSD experiments that got exposed in the 70s.
Why don't you try actually reading the web pages at the link above?

> When you see loads of TV commercials promoting a certain product, you tend
> to buy that product more, that's all. If a product isn't advertised much,
> it doesn't sell.
>
> The US government experiments with LSD did cause problems. LSD causes sleep
> loss and causes a person to daydream a bit more than usual. But, LSD cannot
> make a person break the law. In fact, no drugs can cause a person to lose
> his morals or breal the law.
>
> If a person commits a crime, he knows exactly what he is doing, and he is
> choosing to do it.
> http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/sup/fictional.html
>
> In large doses, LSD can cause a person to go many days or weeks straight
> without sleep. The only thing that can counter LSD is lithium carbonate.
> Lithium neutralizes acids in the body, including LSD, and brings back good
> sleep again immediately.
>
> This website explains how lithium carbonate works, in plain English
> http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/acahs/medical/m-lithium2.html
>
> There is no such thing as "mind control". People choose to think about
> certain topics. A person can ignore any topic he doesn't like or understand.
>
> The only thing the US LSD experiments resulted in during the 1970s was
> increased distrust by the Soviet Union, which resulted in both countries
> building even more ICBM's.
>
> How Harassment works
> http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/country/harassment.html

--
Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
Music ==> http://www.soundclick.com/kingflowermusic.htm
Allen Barker | Home page ==> http://www.datafilter.com/alb

Social Americans
2005-06-17 14:47:42 EST
> Social Americans wrote:
> > "Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message news:HEqse.5662
> >

> >>Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
> >

> > With all due respect, all these mind control websites are completely
bogus.
> > The only "mind control" that works is called "advertising".
>
> It is your posts which are bogus. I'm just not sure what your
> agenda really is...

The pages on that website about "mind control" are bogus. They can cause
undue fear and confusion in sensitive people who may read them.

> Let's see, you push the notion that mental illness is all nothing
> but sleep loss.

That's basically all it is. LOL As much as the privately-run,
profit-driven American psychology field likes to make mental illness sound
"all so complicated and very hard to understand, requiring years of
treatment with expensive drugs and counseling", well it's actually much
simpler than that. Mental illness is simple; it is when a person goes 3 or 4
days straight with no sleep.

> Obviously sleep loss can cause serious problems,
> and the current concepts of mental illness definitely need to be
> questioned, but your position is ridiculous.

In fact the term "mental illness" is actually incorrect grammar. If the
problem were just mental (involving thinking) then no medication would be
needed since medication affects the body physically.

> You dismiss the idea of harassment with the simplistic statement
> that the harasser hurts himself or herself more. You preach that
> no action should be taken against harassers, presumably not even
> to stop them. If you had ever been subjected to severe, long-term
> harassment you might see things differently.

I've been subjected to probably far more harassment than you could ever
imagine, all documented with factual affidavits which includes no
speculation or opinion, no bogus talk about mind control or imaginary
things. All honesty involving eyewitnesses and factual first-hand witnesses.

Social Americans
2005-06-17 14:56:07 EST
"Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message

> Below, you mischaracterize "mind control" in several ways. It is
> much more than just some LSD experiments that got exposed in the 70s.
> Why don't you try actually reading the web pages at the link above?

I did. I've studied the subject extensively over the past 10 years. It's
pretty bogus. No one can "make" anyone else do anything. No drugs or illness
can cause a person to commit a crime or break the law. That's what they
found out during those experiments of the 1970s.

Just because an article is written in a technical manner, doesn't mean it's
true or helpful. This applies to all complicated articles on "big government
harassing people" to all of the bogus psychology books that try to use
technical terms to describe behavior.

Technical terms are needed to help build a car or a computer, but when they
try to use technical terms to describe people it doesn't work.

Drugs like LSD can cause a person to go many days without sleep, even weeks
without sleep. Lithium carbonate is an antacid that neutralizes LSD and
other acids in the body, immediately bringing back good sleep again.

If the individual was daydreaming about things during that time, well, he
has to forget about it and stop daydreaming.

A person "chooses" to daydream, or chooses not to. A person chooses what to
think about, and what to ignore.

Here's another very good book
http://my.fcc.net/~workgroup5/social/cooperation.html

Allen L. Barker
2005-06-17 19:56:28 EST
Social Americans wrote:
> "Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message
>
>>Social Americans wrote:

>>>With all due respect, all these mind control websites are completely
>
> bogus.
>
>>>The only "mind control" that works is called "advertising".
>>
>>It is your posts which are bogus. I'm just not sure what your
>>agenda really is...
>

> The pages on that website about "mind control" are bogus. They can cause
> undue fear and confusion in sensitive people who may read them.

The pages on that web site contain solid articles and references
related to mind control. What part of the 1977 Senate hearings is
bogus? What part of documented brain implant experiments is bogus?
What part of MKULTRA is bogus? Et cetera.

Pages on Nazi Holocaust crimes can cause feelings of sickness and
disgust with humanity in sensitive people. So what, it is the
reality. It is the same with mind control technologies and abuses.

The area known popularly as "mind control" is quite real, and is a
serious human rights issue. Someone like you simply declaring that
it is "bogus" is not worth the electrons it took to transmit the
signal.

> > Let's see, you push the notion that mental illness is all nothing
>
>>but sleep loss.
>

> That's basically all it is.

Then people can factor that into how they interpret your opinions.

> LOL As much as the privately-run,
> profit-driven American psychology field likes to make mental illness sound
> "all so complicated and very hard to understand, requiring years of
> treatment with expensive drugs and counseling", well it's actually much
> simpler than that. Mental illness is simple; it is when a person goes 3 or 4
> days straight with no sleep.
>

>>Obviously sleep loss can cause serious problems,
>>and the current concepts of mental illness definitely need to be
>>questioned, but your position is ridiculous.
>

> In fact the term "mental illness" is actually incorrect grammar. If the
> problem were just mental (involving thinking) then no medication would be
> needed since medication affects the body physically.

It is not incorrect grammar, it is a metaphor.

>>You dismiss the idea of harassment with the simplistic statement
>>that the harasser hurts himself or herself more. You preach that
>>no action should be taken against harassers, presumably not even
>>to stop them. If you had ever been subjected to severe, long-term
>>harassment you might see things differently.
>

> I've been subjected to probably far more harassment than you could ever
> imagine, all documented with factual affidavits which includes no
> speculation or opinion, no bogus talk about mind control or imaginary
> things. All honesty involving eyewitnesses and factual first-hand witnesses.

Why did you bother with affidavits? Why did you need eyewitnesses?
Why not just relax in the knowledge that the harasser is hurting
himself or herself more? I doubt if you have any idea what severe
harassment is at the level of the savage and sadistic group stalking
that is inflicted on many people. High-tech harassment is also used,
and it most definitely is not imaginary.

--
Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
Music ==> http://www.soundclick.com/kingflowermusic.htm
Allen Barker | Home page ==> http://www.datafilter.com/alb

Allen L. Barker
2005-06-17 20:38:55 EST
Social Americans wrote:
> "Allen L. Barker" <alb@datafilter.com> wrote in message
>

>>Below, you mischaracterize "mind control" in several ways. It is
>>much more than just some LSD experiments that got exposed in the 70s.
>>Why don't you try actually reading the web pages at the link above?
>

> I did. I've studied the subject extensively over the past 10 years.

Then why is it that you apparently know almost nothing about the
subject? You just keep repeating the word "bogus"; the few
supporting arguments you even attempt to make are either wrong
or incredibly shallow.

> It's
> pretty bogus. No one can "make" anyone else do anything. No drugs or illness
> can cause a person to commit a crime or break the law. That's what they
> found out during those experiments of the 1970s.

The experiments that were exposed in the 70s were conducted before then,
in the 50s and 60s. You haven't the slightest idea what they found.
Even experts in the area only know what was released in the sanitized
financial documents that escaped destruction.

As far as "Manchurian Candidates," see, for example, Colin Ross' book
_BLUEBIRD_. He concluded that they had been successfully created.
Even in Marks' book there is the strong suggestion of that.

The area of mind control is not *only* about getting people to commit
a crime or break the law, though. Other goals of projects like MKULTRA
were to find deniable ways to harass people and discredit them. Rather
than "control," more subtle techniques use what might better be called
"influencing." And of course even if the experiments conducted on a
nonconsensual citizen do not succeed, it is still a human rights abuse
and the person still suffers from it.

> Just because an article is written in a technical manner, doesn't mean it's
> true or helpful. This applies to all complicated articles on "big government
> harassing people" to all of the bogus psychology books that try to use
> technical terms to describe behavior.
>
> Technical terms are needed to help build a car or a computer, but when they
> try to use technical terms to describe people it doesn't work.

How about when technical terms are used to describe technologies
which can be used to harass and influence people?

Like all mammals, you and I can be classically conditioned (and
operantly conditioned, etc.) Those technical labels may not be the
best, but they do describe real situations and repeatable results.

> Drugs like LSD can cause a person to go many days without sleep, even weeks
> without sleep. Lithium carbonate is an antacid that neutralizes LSD and
> other acids in the body, immediately bringing back good sleep again.

Yeah, sure. You're pushing a quack cure for psychiatric problems.

> If the individual was daydreaming about things during that time, well, he
> has to forget about it and stop daydreaming.
>
> A person "chooses" to daydream, or chooses not to. A person chooses what to
> think about, and what to ignore.

Bad philosophy, too. Will lithium carbonate magically cure OCD?
Do such people just choose their obsessive thoughts?

It takes a lot of training to really be able to control your own
thoughts at all. Beginning meditators get to see this firsthand in
their own minds... (Controlling your external behavior is a
different -- if interrelated -- thing, BTW).