Activism Discussion: How To Exit The Matrix

How To Exit The Matrix

White Rabbit
2005-07-05 14:41:55 EST
Happy Independence Day, for those of you living in the US. Today
Americans celebrate that once, 229 years ago, they had the balls to
stand up to tyrannical rule and declare their freedom from it.

About 2 years ago it became apparent to me that the nation was going in
a direction I didn't care to see it go in. 1/2 of the money I paid in
taxes goes directly to support an unjust war for oil thinly disguised
as a hunt for terrorists we created through our policies and trained
with our own intelligence.

About 6 months ago, I decided I wanted out. With all three branches of
government now under the firm control of one group of ideological
pedagogues, it occurred to me that if I truly wanted freedom, I was
going to have to create it for myself, instead of waiting in vain for
things to "get better". Especially with the Quest for Liberty being
just today billed as our nation's "mission" in the world.

So I began to design a blueprint for myself. I wanted to define a way
of life independent for authoritarian control. I wanted to be free from
surveillance, free from market data profiling, free from location-based
tracking, and free from unjust laws, insane regulation, and cognitive
oppression.

The end result is this document. It is available via an anonymity
network known as the Tor network at the following URL:

https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ExitTheMatrix/

If you are unfamiliar with Tor, you can install it painlessly by going
to http://tor.eff.org/download.html. If you are on a Windows or Linux
machine, you will need to also download privoxy
(http://www.privoxy.org/) and add "foward-socks4a / localhost:9050 ."
to the end of the privoxy configuration. If you're on a Mac, the Tor
project provides a .dmg that includes a preconfigured Privoxy.

Once installed, you point your web browser to use localhost port 8118
as your http and https proxy, and you're set.

For those of you who would wish to download the entire document for
mirroring or just local use can use:

https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ETM-current.tar.gz

Mirrors are needed and would be appreciated and feedback is welcome
using the contact info in the book itself.

N*@hotmail.com
2005-07-05 23:04:04 EST
link dosnt work !!! quite spaming broken ass shiot.

Me
2005-07-06 13:13:19 EST
n*l@hotmail.com wrote:
> link dosnt work !!! quite spaming broken ass shiot.

RTFA

Thrasher Remailer
2005-07-08 01:11:59 EST
In <1120619044.238785.322270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, noterixdivil@hotmail.com wrote:
>link dosnt work !!! quite spaming broken ass shiot.

it's not broken asshat, it's a Tor hidden service.

do like the man said and get tor and privoxy...

and one more thing... a brain.

N*@hotmail.com
2005-07-08 03:01:58 EST
i did but the website dident come up everythign else did but not that
website

Wm James
2005-07-12 11:42:01 EST
On 8 Jul 2005 05:11:59 -0000, Thrasher Remailer
<*r@reece.net.au> wrote:

>In <1120619044.238785.322270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, noterixdivil@hotmail.com wrote:
>>link dosnt work !!! quite spaming broken ass shiot.
>
>it's not broken asshat, it's a Tor hidden service.
>
>do like the man said and get tor and privoxy...
>

>and one more thing... a brain.

It is broken. This is what was posted:
https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ExitTheMatrix/

There is no TLD in that URL.

William R. James

John Smith
2005-07-16 13:56:01 EST
On 12 Jul 2005 10:42:01 -0500, in article
<*4@4ax.com>, Wm James
<*e@spamreaper.org> wrote:

>It is broken. This is what was posted:
>https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ExitTheMatrix/
>
>There is no TLD in that URL.
>
>William R. James

As was pointed out previously, it's not broken it's a TOR hidden
service.

If you're not using TOR, then it won't work.

Wm James
2005-07-27 10:42:03 EST
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:56:01 GMT, John Smith <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 12 Jul 2005 10:42:01 -0500, in article
><sro7d11s4rnufnluh0khbb8n726km3sed4@4ax.com>, Wm James
><wrjames.remove@spamreaper.org> wrote:
>

>>It is broken. This is what was posted:
>>https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ExitTheMatrix/
>>
>>There is no TLD in that URL.
>>
>>William R. James
>
>As was pointed out previously, it's not broken it's a TOR hidden
>service.
>
>If you're not using TOR, then it won't work.

Yes, it's intentionally broken, but broken none the less. It's
apparently a scam aimed at getting suckers to download goofy software
when all the site operators have to do is fix the URL. Apparently
"TOR" is just a hosts file entry. If someone using the nonsense wants
to post the IP address then it would be a valid URL.

If someone is using it, please open your hosts file (located in
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc (assuming your system drive is C:)) and
post it. It's a text file without an extention.

You can have some fun with it if you have access to someone else's
computer. Open it and add this line:
207.46.250.119 mine.billgates
Save it and try it. Now on that machine http://mine.billgates/
resolves to 207.46.250.119, the same as microsift.com. Then later you
can tell your buddy "Hey, did you know Bill Gates bought his own TLD?
Try this URL...." :)

Or use these:
64.203.98.129 gloriousleader.bush
204.10.51.121 gloriousleader.hillary

and tell them Bush and or Hillary have their own TLDs.

64.203.98.129 moveon.org

Or this one, which makes moveon.org resolve to the RNC's website, and
tell your buddy the republicans have taken over moveon.org's domain
name. :)

William R. James

George Orwell
2005-07-28 19:50:20 EST
In article <rq5fe1tgmvrqa7u0cvcrh9sd8ta1t14l4f@4ax.com>
Wm James <wrjames.remove@spamreaper.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:56:01 GMT, John Smith <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> >On 12 Jul 2005 10:42:01 -0500, in article
> ><sro7d11s4rnufnluh0khbb8n726km3sed4@4ax.com>, Wm James
> ><wrjames.remove@spamreaper.org> wrote:
> >

> >>It is broken. This is what was posted:
> >>https://n4ez7vf37i2yvz5g.onion/howtos/ExitTheMatrix/
> >>
> >>There is no TLD in that URL.
> >>
> >>William R. James
> >
> >As was pointed out previously, it's not broken it's a TOR hidden
> >service.
> >
> >If you're not using TOR, then it won't work.
>
> Yes, it's intentionally broken, but broken none the less. It's
> apparently a scam aimed at getting suckers to download goofy software
> when all the site operators have to do is fix the URL. Apparently
> "TOR" is just a hosts file entry. If someone using the nonsense wants
> to post the IP address then it would be a valid URL.

Tor is NOT just a hosts file entry. I strongly advise you to
have a look at http://tor.eff.org you can get full details about
what tor is and how it works. you can even get the source code
to examine it or build your own executable.

> If someone is using it, please open your hosts file (located in
> C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc (assuming your system drive is C:)) and
> post it. It's a text file without an extention.

I know what it is, i use the mvps.org hosts file to block
malware sites. it contains no mention of tor or tor hidden
services

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.zip

a tor hidden service is defined in the tor configuration file,
it allows a service you're running (mail, http, whatever) to be
available anonymously via the tor network.

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups other
than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit www.panta-rhei.dyndns.org
for abuse and hashcash info.

Wm James
2005-08-01 09:29:03 EST
On 28 Jul 2005 23:50:20 -0000, George Orwell <nobody@mixmaster.it>
wrote:

>a tor hidden service is defined in the tor configuration file,
>it allows a service you're running (mail, http, whatever) to be
>available anonymously via the tor network.

What's the point of it? Why use the internet if you are not using
compatable conventions? Seems to me it would be much simpler for them
to fix their crap if they want others to use it instead of getting
others to download a fix.

William R. James