Activism Discussion: Map Of Anwr

Map Of Anwr

William A. Bacon
2005-07-31 12:35:54 EST
check out this pdf of anwr
http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf

Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
visit my web site at
http://www.info-quest.org
Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
visit my blog at
http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
My ICQ# is 79071904
See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
appeals doesn't want you to say.
for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:
http://www.info-quest.org/Enumerated.html

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.
2005-07-31 14:13:21 EST
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:35:54 -0400, "William A. Bacon"
<*n@voicenet.com> wrote:

>check out this pdf of anwr
>http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf

God forbid we should leave any part of the Earth in its natural state.

Nature - is a horrible thing.

>Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
>United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
> visit my web site at
>http://www.info-quest.org
>Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
>Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
>visit my blog at
>http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
> My ICQ# is 79071904
>See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
>appeals doesn't want you to say.
>for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:
>http://www.info-quest.org/Enumerated.html

Name Redacted
2005-07-31 15:09:01 EST

William A. Bacon wrote:
> check out this pdf of anwr

I think you are misrepresenting the situation. Please show ***WHERE***
they plan to drill, the ecologically vital areas, proposed roadways,
the time needed nature needs to recover areas affected by drilling. Oh,
and hey, what it's gonna cost and who will pay those costs: oil
companies or taxpayers?

It's like the estimated costs of making our seaports safe. It's not
the importers who are com ing up with the cash, Bush is making
taxpayers pay.

> http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf
>

> Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
> United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
> visit my web site at
> http://www.info-quest.org
> Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
> Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
> visit my blog at
> http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
> My ICQ# is 79071904
> See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
> appeals doesn't want you to say.
> for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:
> http://www.info-quest.org/Enumerated.html

Bill Bonde 'by A Commodius Vicus Of Recirculation'
2005-07-31 15:25:14 EST

"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:35:54 -0400, "William A. Bacon"
> <wbacon@voicenet.com> wrote:
>
> >check out this pdf of anwr
> >http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf
>
> God forbid we should leave any part of the Earth in its natural state.
>
> Nature - is a horrible thing.

Why not get at the oil underneath ANWR and leave the surface in its
natural state?

--
"And he did bring them. It took a number of years, but one by one he
brought them here. Except for his father, that old man died where he was

Bill Bonde 'by A Commodius Vicus Of Recirculation'
2005-07-31 15:27:00 EST

Name Redacted wrote:

> William A. Bacon wrote:
> > check out this pdf of anwr
>
> I think you are misrepresenting the situation. Please show ***WHERE***
> they plan to drill, the ecologically vital areas, proposed roadways,
> the time needed nature needs to recover areas affected by drilling. Oh,
> and hey, what it's gonna cost and who will pay those costs: oil
> companies or taxpayers?
>
> It's like the estimated costs of making our seaports safe. It's not
> the importers who are com ing up with the cash, Bush is making
> taxpayers pay.

Who should pay to make seaports safe?

--
"And he did bring them. It took a number of years, but one by one he
brought them here. Except for his father, that old man died where he was
born." -+ "Elia Kazan, "America, America"

Name Redacted
2005-07-31 16:00:05 EST

Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation') wrote:
> Name Redacted wrote:
> >
> > William A. Bacon wrote:
> > > check out this pdf of anwr
> >
> > I think you are misrepresenting the situation. Please show ***WHERE***
> > they plan to drill, the ecologically vital areas, proposed roadways,
> > the time needed nature needs to recover areas affected by drilling. Oh,
> > and hey, what it's gonna cost and who will pay those costs: oil
> > companies or taxpayers?
> >
> > It's like the estimated costs of making our seaports safe. It's not
> > the importers who are com ing up with the cash, Bush is making
> > taxpayers pay.
> >
> Who should pay to make seaports safe?

Importers, it's part of the cost of their products. Exporters don't
create saftey problems.

> --
> "And he did bring them. It took a number of years, but one by one he
> brought them here. Except for his father, that old man died where he was
> born." -+ "Elia Kazan, "America, America"

Douglas Berry
2005-07-31 16:22:53 EST
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:25:14 -0700, "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus
of recirculation')" <spaceghoast@coasttocoast.co.uk> drained his
beer, leaned back in the alt.conspiracy beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:35:54 -0400, "William A. Bacon"
>> <wbacon@voicenet.com> wrote:
>>
>> >check out this pdf of anwr
>> >http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf
>>
>> God forbid we should leave any part of the Earth in its natural state.
>>
>> Nature - is a horrible thing.
>>
>Why not get at the oil underneath ANWR and leave the surface in its
>natural state?

Explain to me how you will accomplish this miracle. In detail,
please.

How exactly are you doing to reach oil deposits several hundred feet
below the tundra without massive drilling operations? Along with the
pumping, pipelines, power, and basic support for the workers? This
will require roads, power plants, and all the assoiated pollution.

Tell me how you are going to handle the garbage produced while leaving
the surface in its natural state.
--

Douglas E. Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from religious conviction."
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pense'es, #894.

Bill Bonde 'by A Commodius Vicus Of Recirculation'
2005-07-31 16:56:46 EST

Douglas Berry wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:25:14 -0700, "Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus
> of recirculation')" <spaceghoast@coasttocoast.co.uk> drained his
> beer, leaned back in the alt.conspiracy beanbag and drunkenly
> proclaimed the following
> >

> >"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." wrote:

> >> God forbid we should leave any part of the Earth in its natural state.
> >>
> >> Nature - is a horrible thing.
> >>
> >Why not get at the oil underneath ANWR and leave the surface in its
> >natural state?
>
> Explain to me how you will accomplish this miracle. In detail,
> please.

Start out with something called "horizontal drilling":
http://www.geology.wisc.edu/courses/g115/oil/4.html

> How exactly are you doing to reach oil deposits several hundred feet
> below the tundra without massive drilling operations? Along with the
> pumping, pipelines, power, and basic support for the workers? This
> will require roads, power plants, and all the assoiated pollution.

But the pipeline from the North Slope down South doesn't do that.
There's the Haul road and there's the pipeline and there's some pump
stations. Animals still live in the area and more importantly cross over
it.

> Tell me how you are going to handle the garbage produced while leaving
> the surface in its natural state.

Waste can be removed from the drilling pads.

--
"And he did bring them. It took a number of years, but one by one he
brought them here. Except for his father, that old man died where he was
born." -+ "Elia Kazan, "America, America"

Bill Bonde 'by A Commodius Vicus Of Recirculation'
2005-07-31 16:59:54 EST

Name Redacted wrote:

> Bill Bonde ('by a commodius vicus of recirculation') wrote:
> > Name Redacted wrote:

> > > I think you are misrepresenting the situation. Please show ***WHERE***
> > > they plan to drill, the ecologically vital areas, proposed roadways,
> > > the time needed nature needs to recover areas affected by drilling. Oh,
> > > and hey, what it's gonna cost and who will pay those costs: oil
> > > companies or taxpayers?
> > >
> > > It's like the estimated costs of making our seaports safe. It's not
> > > the importers who are com ing up with the cash, Bush is making
> > > taxpayers pay.
> > >
> > Who should pay to make seaports safe?
>
> Importers, it's part of the cost of their products. Exporters don't
> create saftey problems.

Won't this create a problem for exporters due to retaliation?

--
"And he did bring them. It took a number of years, but one by one he
brought them here. Except for his father, that old man died where he was
born." -+ "Elia Kazan, "America, America"

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.
2005-07-31 18:43:44 EST
of recirculation')" <spaceghoast@coasttocoast.co.uk> wrote:

>"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:35:54 -0400, "William A. Bacon"
>> <wbacon@voicenet.com> wrote:
>>
>> >check out this pdf of anwr
>> >http://www.anwr.org/docs/CloseupofareaIII.pdf
>>
>> God forbid we should leave any part of the Earth in its natural state.
>>
>> Nature - is a horrible thing.
>>
>Why not get at the oil underneath ANWR and leave the surface in its
>natural state?

My problem with that is similar to my problem with solutions which
require pigs to fly.