Activism Discussion: 10 Reasons To Start Drilling In The Artic National Wildlife Reserve

10 Reasons To Start Drilling In The Artic National Wildlife Reserve

William A. Bacon
2005-08-11 17:10:39 EST
1. Only 8% of ANWR Would Be Considered for Exploration Only the 1.5
million acre or 8% on the northern coast of ANWR is being considered for
development. The remaining 17.5 million acres or 92% of ANWR will remain
permanently closed to any kind of development. If oil is discovered, less
than 2000 acres of the over 1.5 million acres of the Coastal Plain would
be affected. Thats less than half of one percent of ANWR that would be
affected by production activity.

2. Revenues to the State and Federal Treasury Federal revenues would be
enhanced by billions of dollars from bonus bids, lease rentals, royalties
and taxes. Estimates on bonus bids for ANWR by the Office of Management
and Budget and the Department of Interior for the first 5 years after
Congressional approval are 4.2 billion dollars.

3. Jobs To Be Created Between 250,000 and 735,000 ANWR jobs are estimated
to be created by development of the Coastal Plain.

4. Economic Impact Between 1977 and 2004, North Slope oil field
development and production activity contributed over $50 billion to the
nations economy, directly impacting each state in the union.

5. America's Best Chance for a Major Discovery The Coastal Plain of ANWR
is America's best possibility for the discovery of another giant "Prudhoe
Bay-sized" oil and gas discovery in North America. U.S. Department of
Interior estimates range from 9 to 16 billion barrels of recoverable oil.

6. North Slope Production in Decline The North Slope oil fields currently
provide the U.S. with nearly 16% of it's domestic production and since
1988 this production has been on the decline. Peak production was reached
in 1980 of two million barrels a day, but has been declining to a current
level of 943,000 barrels a day.

7. Imported Oil Too Costly In 2004 the US imported an average of 58% of
its oil and during certain months up to 64%. That equates to over $150
billion in oil imports and over $170 billion including refined petroleum
products. Thats $19.9 million dollars an hour! Including defence costs
the number would be nearly a trillion dollars.

8. No Negative Impact on Animals Oil and gas development and wildlife are
successfully coexisting in Alaska 's arctic. For example, the Central
Arctic Caribou Herd (CACH) which migrates through Prudhoe Bay has grown
from 3000 animals to its current level of 32,000 animals. The arctic oil
fields have very healthy brown bear, fox and bird populations equal to
their surrounding areas.

9. Arctic Technology Advanced technology has greatly reduced the
'footprint" of arctic oil development. If Prudhoe Bay were built today,
the footprint would be 1,526 acres, 64% smaller.

10. Alaskans Support More than 75% of Alaskans favor exploration and
production in ANWR. The Inupiat Eskimos who live in and near ANWR support
onshore oil development on the Coastal Plain.

View our ANWR Flash Movie!

Web anwr.org

Ten reasons to support responsible oil development in Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge

View our ANWR Powerpoint Presentation

ANWR Quicklinks

Media Kit

Structured Settlements - cash for structured settlements, sell annuity,
lottery winnings, and more.

Ben Barnes - top political leader

| What's New | Background | Technology | People | Photo Gallery | Links |
Your State |
Media Kit

This Page Is Brought To You By Arctic Power

Web site design by Frontier Communications - Anchorage, Alaska

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective
owner.

Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
visit my web site at
http://www.info-quest.org
Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
visit my blog at
http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
My ICQ# is 79071904
See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
appeals doesn't want you to say.
for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:
http://www.info-quest.org/Enumerated.html

Larry W. Jewell
2005-08-11 19:53:56 EST
Wasn't ALL of the ANWR to "remain permanently closed to any kind of
development?" How long before you're saying "1. Only 80% of the ANWR
Would Be Considered for Exploration." They've lied to us before, why
would they stop now?

--
Contact me: larry w jewell @ hotmail . com (remove spaces, of course)

M.Butzin
2005-08-11 20:00:11 EST

"Larry W. Jewell" <larry_no_w_spam_Jewell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wasn't ALL of the ANWR to "remain permanently closed to any kind of
> development?" How long before you're saying "1. Only 80% of the ANWR
> Would Be Considered for Exploration." They've lied to us before, why
> would they stop now?

You've hit the Neocon on the Head. Say one thing then reverse it when it
doesn't go "your" way. Of course there's always denial....

> [...]
>>Media Kit
>>
>>This Page Is Brought To You By Arctic Power
>>
>>Web site design by Frontier Communications - Anchorage, Alaska
>>
>>All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective
>>owner.
>>

>>Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
>>United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
>> visit my web site at
>>http://www.info-quest.org
>>Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
>>Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
>>visit my blog at
>>http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
>> My ICQ# is 79071904
>>See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
>>appeals doesn't want you to say.
>>for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:

Don
2005-08-11 22:45:48 EST
Ohhhh, let's drill in ANWR! Using optimistic figures, we can get
a whole six months of US oil consumption from there. Wow, that will
make a big difference.

In article <fERKe.1100$O07.69@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net>,
m*n@netscape.net says...

> [...]
>>>Media Kit
>>>
>>>This Page Is Brought To You By Arctic Power
>>>
>>>Web site design by Frontier Communications - Anchorage, Alaska
>>>
>>>All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective
>>>owner.
>>>

>>>Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
>>>United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
>>> visit my web site at
>>>http://www.info-quest.org
>>>Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
>>>Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
>>>visit my blog at
>>>http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
>>> My ICQ# is 79071904
>>>See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
>>>appeals doesn't want you to say.
>>>for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:

Ray
2005-08-12 00:37:47 EST
In article <y9KdnZ2dnZ30DIbKnZ2dncGQYd-dnZ2dRVn-0Z2dnZ0@comcast.com>,
spiced-ham-i-am@comcast.net (Don) wrote:

> Ohhhh, let's drill in ANWR! Using optimistic figures, we can get
> a whole six months of US oil consumption from there. Wow, that will
> make a big difference.

Yes, BIG OIL companies will send millions of dollars of equipment,
hundreds of employees and take the never ending public criticism from
the media to get six months of oil. Aren't you the least bit
suspicious? After all, if you learned that Wallmart wanted to plow
their way through your neighborhood with the full knowledge that they
knew the store would only last three months, wouldn't you question the
opposition? Or...... would you say that perhaps, but some strange
chance, that the opposition was wrong or even lying?

Don Ocean
2005-08-12 02:19:55 EST
Larry W. Jewell wrote:
> Wasn't ALL of the ANWR to "remain permanently closed to any kind of
> development?" How long before you're saying "1. Only 80% of the ANWR
> Would Be Considered for Exploration." They've lied to us before, why
> would they stop now?

You stop using anything that has oil in it for one year and we will
consider petitioning for a change... Otherwise, shut the fuck up!

> [...]
>> Media Kit
>>
>> This Page Is Brought To You By Arctic Power
>>
>> Web site design by Frontier Communications - Anchorage, Alaska
>>
>> All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective
>> owner.
>>

>> Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
>> United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
>> visit my web site at
>> http://www.info-quest.org
>> Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
>> Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
>> visit my blog at
>> http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
>> My ICQ# is 79071904
>> See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
>> appeals doesn't want you to say.
>> for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:

2005-08-12 02:21:30 EST
M.Butzin wrote:
> "Larry W. Jewell" <larry_no_w_spam_Jewell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Wasn't ALL of the ANWR to "remain permanently closed to any kind of
>>development?" How long before you're saying "1. Only 80% of the ANWR
>>Would Be Considered for Exploration." They've lied to us before, why
>>would they stop now?
>

> You've hit the Neocon on the Head. Say one thing then reverse it when it
> doesn't go "your" way. Of course there's always denial....

Oh Jeez... Now out pops the rest of the Moron brigade! Aren't you
supposed to be emptying garbage cans at McDonalds? ;-p

> [...]
>>>Media Kit
>>>
>>>This Page Is Brought To You By Arctic Power
>>>
>>>Web site design by Frontier Communications - Anchorage, Alaska
>>>
>>>All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective
>>>owner.
>>>

>>>Remember:More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died in
>>>United States Commercial Nuclear Power plant operations
>>>visit my web site at
>>>http://www.info-quest.org
>>>Visit my energy page at http://www.info-quest.org/Energy.html
>>>Check out the latest on the anwr drilling project http://www.anwr.org
>>>visit my blog at
>>>http://info-spectrum.blogspot.com
>>>My ICQ# is 79071904
>>>See the Pledge of alleginace to the flag that the 9th circuit court of
>>>appeals doesn't want you to say.
>>>for a precise list of the powers of the Federal Government linkto:

2005-08-12 02:24:08 EST
Don wrote:
> Ohhhh, let's drill in ANWR! Using optimistic figures, we can get
> a whole six months of US oil consumption from there. Wow, that will
> make a big difference.

Perhaps you should check the EROS website for the satelite estimates
of oil resources... Then perhaps you won't be tempted to make such
idiotic remarks. Save a tree and kill off a bunch of humans...Yep! thats
the way to go all right..;-(

> In article <fERKe.1100$O07.69@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net>,
> mfbutzin@netscape.net says...
>

>>"Larry W. Jewell" <larry_no_w_spam_Jewell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Wasn't ALL of the ANWR to "remain permanently closed to any kind of
>>>development?" How long before you're saying "1. Only 80% of the ANWR
>>>Would Be Considered for Exploration." They've lied to us before, why
>>>would they stop now?
>>
>>You've hit the Neocon on the Head. Say one thing then reverse it when it
>>doesn't go "your" way. Of course there's always denial....

>>>--
>>>Contact me: larry w jewell @ hotmail . com (remove spaces, of course)

M.Butzin
2005-08-13 15:06:26 EST
No, I'm lining your wife and daughter up for blow jobs at the next
Democratic convention, asshole.