Activism Discussion: Bush Supporters, Activists Clash In Calif.

Bush Supporters, Activists Clash In Calif.
Posts: 12

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Steven L. Robinson
2005-08-23 22:29:24 EST

Bush Supporters, Activists Clash in Calif.

Tuesday August 23, 2005 7:46 PM

By Kathleen Hennessey

Associated Press Writer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5228476,00.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Supporters of President Bush clashed with anti-war
activists as they wound their way through California after rallying in the
hometown of Cindy Sheehan, the mother who started a protest camp outside
Bush's Texas ranch.

Conservative activists and military families embarked on the tour Monday,
calling it ``You don't speak for me, Cindy!'' A verbal confrontation erupted
when the caravan arrived in Sacramento and was met by anti-war protesters
chanting for Bush to bring home the troops.

Sheehan supporter Dan Elliott, 71, confronted caravan members by waving a
sign reading ``Death is not support'' and heckling one of the tour's
organizers as she addressed the crowd.

``You are ruining the morale over there,'' responded Greg Parkinson, a Bush
supporter.

Sheehan began her protest vigil Aug. 6 on the road leading to Bush's ranch
in Crawford, Texas, an act that has encouraged anti-war activists to join
her and prompted peace vigils nationwide. Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Army
Spc. Casey Sheehan, was killed last year in Iraq.

The pro-Bush caravan planned rallies in several California cities before
heading to Crawford, where Sheehan opponents have formed their own camp.

``It's time to lay down the anger. We need to continue to uphold those
people over there, to uphold those men and women with their boots on the
ground,'' said Deborah Johns of the Northern California Marine Moms, who
helped organize the caravan and addressed supporters outside the Vacaville
Reporter newspaper in Sheehan's hometown.

Some caravan members called the anti-war protesters communists and said they
were ``aiding and abetting the enemy.'' Those comments enraged Sheehan
supporter Dee Ann Heath, who said she has two sons serving in Iraq and
another preparing to leave.

``I don't support the war, but I support my sons,'' she said. ``I simply
want them to come home.''

In Vacaville, Toni Colip, 50, said her son, David, went to high school with
Casey Sheehan and is now in the Army, although not in Iraq. Colip said her
son opposes Cindy Sheehan's activities and has asked her to support his
military service even if he is injured or killed.

``He said, 'Don't dishonor me; don't walk on my grave,''' Colip said.

Sheehan vowed to remain in Texas until Bush agreed to meet with her or until
his monthlong vacation ended Sept. 3, but she flew to Los Angeles last week
after her 74-year-old mother had a stroke. She is expected to return to
Texas in a few days.

On Monday, Bush was in Salt Lake City, where he spoke to a national veterans
group to rally support for the war. Bush has said he sympathizes with
Sheehan, but a White House spokeswoman said he did not plan to change his
schedule and meet with her. She and other families met with Bush about two
months after Casey died, before she became a vocal opponent of the war.

This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from
http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm



Stan De SD
2005-08-24 11:19:01 EST

"Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:1K6dnXfS25Y6mJHeRVn-gg@comcast.com...
>
> Bush Supporters, Activists Clash in Calif.
>
> Tuesday August 23, 2005 7:46 PM
>
> By Kathleen Hennessey
>
> Associated Press Writer
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5228476,00.html
>
> SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Supporters of President Bush clashed with
anti-war
> activists as they wound their way through California after rallying in the
> hometown of Cindy Sheehan, the mother who started a protest camp outside
> Bush's Texas ranch.
>
> Conservative activists and military families embarked on the tour Monday,
> calling it ``You don't speak for me, Cindy!''

Good for them...

> A verbal confrontation erupted
> when the caravan arrived in Sacramento and was met by anti-war protesters
> chanting for Bush to bring home the troops.
>
> Sheehan supporter Dan Elliott, 71, confronted caravan members by waving a
> sign reading ``Death is not support''

Count on liberals to come up with the most mindless slogans...

> ``You are ruining the morale over there,'' responded Greg Parkinson, a
Bush
> supporter.

Which is their intention, the same way they did in Vietnam...

> Sheehan began her protest vigil Aug. 6 on the road leading to Bush's ranch
> in Crawford, Texas, an act that has encouraged anti-war activists to join
> her and prompted peace vigils nationwide. Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Army
> Spc. Casey Sheehan, was killed last year in Iraq.
>
> The pro-Bush caravan planned rallies in several California cities before
> heading to Crawford, where Sheehan opponents have formed their own camp.
>
> ``It's time to lay down the anger. We need to continue to uphold those
> people over there, to uphold those men and women with their boots on the
> ground,'' said Deborah Johns of the Northern California Marine Moms, who
> helped organize the caravan and addressed supporters outside the Vacaville
> Reporter newspaper in Sheehan's hometown.
>
> Some caravan members called the anti-war protesters communists and said
they
> were ``aiding and abetting the enemy.'' Those comments enraged Sheehan
> supporter Dee Ann Heath, who said she has two sons serving in Iraq and
> another preparing to leave.
>
> ``I don't support the war, but I support my sons,'' she said. ``I simply
> want them to come home.''
>
> In Vacaville, Toni Colip, 50, said her son, David, went to high school
with
> Casey Sheehan and is now in the Army, although not in Iraq. Colip said her
> son opposes Cindy Sheehan's activities and has asked her to support his
> military service even if he is injured or killed.
>
> ``He said, 'Don't dishonor me; don't walk on my grave,''' Colip said.
>
> Sheehan vowed to remain in Texas until Bush agreed to meet with her or
until
> his monthlong vacation ended Sept. 3, but she flew to Los Angeles last
week
> after her 74-year-old mother had a stroke. She is expected to return to
> Texas in a few days.
>
> On Monday, Bush was in Salt Lake City, where he spoke to a national
veterans
> group to rally support for the war. Bush has said he sympathizes with
> Sheehan, but a White House spokeswoman said he did not plan to change his
> schedule and meet with her. She and other families met with Bush about two
> months after Casey died, before she became a vocal opponent of the war.
>
> This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from
> http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm
>
>



Chance Hopkins
2005-08-24 12:12:50 EST

"Stan de SD" <standesd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Fd0Pe.1366$z2.1205@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:1K6dnXfS25Y6mJHeRVn-gg@comcast.com...
>>
>> Bush Supporters, Activists Clash in Calif.
>>
>> Tuesday August 23, 2005 7:46 PM
>>
>> By Kathleen Hennessey
>>
>> Associated Press Writer
>>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5228476,00.html
>>

>> ``You are ruining the morale over there,'' responded Greg Parkinson, a
> Bush
>> supporter.
>
> Which is their intention, the same way they did in Vietnam...
>

Always passing the buck.



Miguel O'Pastel
2005-08-24 12:45:26 EST

"Stan de SD" <standesd@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Fd0Pe.1366$z2.1205@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
|
| "Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21@comcast.net> wrote in message
| news:1K6dnXfS25Y6mJHeRVn-gg@comcast.com...
| >
| > Bush Supporters, Activists Clash in Calif.
| >
| > Tuesday August 23, 2005 7:46 PM
| >
| > By Kathleen Hennessey
| >
| > Associated Press Writer
| >
| > http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5228476,00.html
| >
| > SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Supporters of President Bush clashed with
| anti-war
| > activists as they wound their way through California after rallying in
the
| > hometown of Cindy Sheehan, the mother who started a protest camp outside
| > Bush's Texas ranch.
| >
| > Conservative activists and military families embarked on the tour
Monday,
| > calling it ``You don't speak for me, Cindy!''
|
| Good for them...
|
| > A verbal confrontation erupted
| > when the caravan arrived in Sacramento and was met by anti-war
protesters
| > chanting for Bush to bring home the troops.
| >
| > Sheehan supporter Dan Elliott, 71, confronted caravan members by waving
a
| > sign reading ``Death is not support''
|
| Count on liberals to come up with the most mindless slogans...
|
| > ``You are ruining the morale over there,'' responded Greg Parkinson, a
| Bush
| > supporter.
|
| Which is their intention, the same way they did in Vietnam...
|
| > Sheehan began her protest vigil Aug. 6 on the road leading to Bush's
ranch
| > in Crawford, Texas, an act that has encouraged anti-war activists to
join
| > her and prompted peace vigils nationwide. Sheehan's 24-year-old son,
Army
| > Spc. Casey Sheehan, was killed last year in Iraq.
| >
| > The pro-Bush caravan planned rallies in several California cities before
| > heading to Crawford, where Sheehan opponents have formed their own camp.
| >
| > ``It's time to lay down the anger. We need to continue to uphold those
| > people over there, to uphold those men and women with their boots on the
| > ground,'' said Deborah Johns of the Northern California Marine Moms, who
| > helped organize the caravan and addressed supporters outside the
Vacaville
| > Reporter newspaper in Sheehan's hometown.
| >
| > Some caravan members called the anti-war protesters communists and said
| they
| > were ``aiding and abetting the enemy.'' Those comments enraged Sheehan
| > supporter Dee Ann Heath, who said she has two sons serving in Iraq and
| > another preparing to leave.
| >
| > ``I don't support the war, but I support my sons,'' she said. ``I simply
| > want them to come home.''
| >
| > In Vacaville, Toni Colip, 50, said her son, David, went to high school
| with
| > Casey Sheehan and is now in the Army, although not in Iraq. Colip said
her
| > son opposes Cindy Sheehan's activities and has asked her to support his
| > military service even if he is injured or killed.
| >
| > ``He said, 'Don't dishonor me; don't walk on my grave,''' Colip said.
| >
| > Sheehan vowed to remain in Texas until Bush agreed to meet with her or
| until
| > his monthlong vacation ended Sept. 3, but she flew to Los Angeles last
| week
| > after her 74-year-old mother had a stroke. She is expected to return to
| > Texas in a few days.
| >
| > On Monday, Bush was in Salt Lake City, where he spoke to a national
| veterans
| > group to rally support for the war. Bush has said he sympathizes with
| > Sheehan, but a White House spokeswoman said he did not plan to change
his
| > schedule and meet with her. She and other families met with Bush about
two
| > months after Casey died, before she became a vocal opponent of the war.
| >
| > This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from
| > http://www.papercut.biz/emailStripper.htm
| >
| >
|
|
Yes, and we will whip your asses every time you go to an imperialist war.
M



The PhAnToM
2005-08-24 17:49:06 EST

> Yes, and we will whip your asses every time you go to an imperialist war.

Remind us again what the casualty ratios were for troops on both sides
in Vietnam and Iraq.


Gaffo
2005-08-24 19:30:13 EST
Stan de SD wrote:


>>``You are ruining the morale over there,'' responded Greg Parkinson, a
>
> Bush
>
>>supporter.
>
>
> Which is their intention, the same way they did in Vietnam...





with braindead fools like you - we'd still be in Nam slogging it out 50
fucking years later.


lozer.




"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to
explain to us what the exit strategy is."
--Governor George W. Bush (R-TX)

Gaffo
2005-08-24 19:32:08 EST
The PhAnToM wrote:

>>Yes, and we will whip your asses every time you go to an imperialist war.
>
>
> Remind us again what the casualty ratios were for troops on both sides
> in Vietnam and Iraq.
>

Nam was 10 to 1 in our favor.

Iraq is around 30 to 1.


...............all totally irrelivant when a war remains unwinable and
has no objective nor exit strategy.


All War 101. chump.





--


.....it is usual for the jurors to decide the fact, and to refer the law
arising on it to the decision of the judges. But this division of the
subject lies with their discretion only. And if the question relate to
any point of public liberty, or if it be one of those in which the
judges may be suspected of bias, the jury undertake to decide both law
and fact.

Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia," 1782

Steven L. Robinson
2005-08-24 22:28:17 EST

"The PhAnToM" <victorthecleaner@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124920146.505617.297480@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Yes, and we will whip your asses every time you go to an imperialist
war.
>
> Remind us again what the casualty ratios were for troops on both sides
> in Vietnam and Iraq.
>

The issue is who WON the Vietnam War. Vietnamese did, they drove the U.S
out. Who can forget the humiliation of the U.S. evacuating its embassy
staff and camp followers in 1975 as Saigon was about to fall. It will happen
again in Baghdad. SR



Barnacle Bill
2005-08-25 19:35:56 EST
On 2005-08-25, Steven L. Robinson <srobin21@comcast.net> wrote:
> The issue is who WON the Vietnam War. Vietnamese did...

NOBODY won the war. The USA stung for a while, widows
remarried, families moved on, and by 1977, we were all
boogie-ing down and snorting up. The Vietnamese, however, lost
many more than we, and Americans were replaced by Russians;
the Vietnamese called them, "Yankees without dollars." The
Vietnamese are only just coming out of the aftermath of the
war. Some victory.

Gaffo
2005-08-26 19:26:59 EST
Steven L. Robinson wrote:

> "The PhAnToM" <victorthecleaner@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1124920146.505617.297480@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>>>Yes, and we will whip your asses every time you go to an imperialist
>
> war.
>
>>Remind us again what the casualty ratios were for troops on both sides
>>in Vietnam and Iraq.
>>
>
>
> The issue is who WON the Vietnam War. Vietnamese did,



North Viwtnamese won.


millions of South Vietnamese were fucked over twice (they lost more than
we ever did - we only lost our pride)



> they drove the U.S
> out. Who can forget the humiliation of the U.S. evacuating its embassy
> staff and camp followers in 1975 as Saigon was about to fall. It will happen
> again in Baghdad. SR


yep.

not to worry, we will declair blue skies and puppy dogs - along with
victory as we tuck tail and bug-out in defeat. We can spin it and the
the Sheople will buy it as a success.


--

.....it is usual for the jurors to decide the fact, and to refer the law
arising on it to the decision of the judges. But this division of the
subject lies with their discretion only. And if the question relate to
any point of public liberty, or if it be one of those in which the
judges may be suspected of bias, the jury undertake to decide both law
and fact.

Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia," 1782
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron