Activism Discussion: Removing Barriers To Free Trade

Removing Barriers To Free Trade

I*@mindspring.com
2005-09-17 02:24:05 EST
President Bush said we should eliminate tariffs, subsidies
and other barriers to free trade, and the New York Times
agreed with him. "Other barriers" should include all the
non-democratic regimes. I suggest we disallow those regimes
voting privileges in the United Nations. The privileges
can be reinstated if, and only if they allow their own
people voting privileges in legitimate elections.
.
.
--

Robert Burns
2005-09-17 16:51:34 EST
i*e@mindspring.com wrote:
> President Bush said we should eliminate tariffs, subsidies
> and other barriers to free trade, and the New York Times
> agreed with him. "Other barriers" should include all the
> non-democratic regimes. I suggest we disallow those regimes
> voting privileges in the United Nations. The privileges
> can be reinstated if, and only if they allow their own
> people voting privileges in legitimate elections.
> .
> .
> --

And what have voting privileges done for your country lately?

David James Polewka
2005-09-17 19:06:26 EST
Robert Burns <rburns@rburns.com> wrote:

>*e@mindspring.com wrote:
>> President Bush said we should eliminate tariffs, subsidies
>> and other barriers to free trade, and the New York Times
>> agreed with him. "Other barriers" should include all the
>> non-democratic regimes. I suggest we disallow those regimes
>> voting privileges in the United Nations. The privileges
>> can be reinstated if, and only if they allow their own
>> people voting privileges in legitimate elections.
>> .
>And what have voting privileges done for your country lately?

Tell us why the ruling elite of a country should be allowed
a voice in its affairs, but the people should not!

=========================
"Endeavor to persevere"
=========================

Astri
2005-09-17 19:06:48 EST
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Robert Burns wrote:

> And what have voting privileges done for your country lately?

enriched haliburton?

-- astri
(actually, i bet that was a trick question)

David Polewka
2005-09-18 05:21:21 EST
In talk.bizarre,
Ken Johnson wrote:
> <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >I suggest we disallow those regimes
> > voting privileges in the United Nations.
>
> I suggest that President Bush piss off.

I suggest that President Bush piss off -- anagram
Perth pubs sigh: "Aussies don't get stiff!"
.
.
--

David Polewka
2005-09-18 07:15:39 EST
Ken Johnson wrote:
> <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >I suggest we disallow those regimes
> > voting privileges in the United Nations.
>

> I suggest that President Bush piss off.

Removing barriers to free trade -- anagram
*********************************
Errors drove Great Britain! EF 'EM!!@!
*********************************
.
.
--

Wm James
2005-09-26 13:11:02 EST
wrote:

>*e@mindspring.com wrote:
>> President Bush said we should eliminate tariffs, subsidies
>> and other barriers to free trade, and the New York Times
>> agreed with him. "Other barriers" should include all the
>> non-democratic regimes. I suggest we disallow those regimes
>> voting privileges in the United Nations. The privileges
>> can be reinstated if, and only if they allow their own
>> people voting privileges in legitimate elections.
>> .
>> .
>> --
>>
>And what have voting privileges done for your country lately?

Prevented Gore from becoming president.
Prevented Kerry from becoming president.
Removed Daschle from the congress.
Removed Sasser from the congress.
Removed Kennedy from powerful committee seats.
Really pissed off some kooks.

The list goes on...

William R. James