Activism Discussion: The Brotherhood Of Man (& The United Nations)

The Brotherhood Of Man (& The United Nations)

M*@yahoo.com
2005-09-19 10:38:27 EST
The Brotherhood of Man

Sooner or later, the reality of their interdependence will dawn upon
the nations and their leaders. This realization will bring about an
entirely new attitude to the problems with which, today, they wrestle,
and will lead to easier, and wiser, solutions of these difficulties. A
gradual change in outlook will replace the present fierce competition
and confrontation with mutual understanding and co-operation. That not
all nations will proceed in this direction at the same pace, must be
said, but the effectiveness and obvious sanity of the method will
encourage even the least sanguine, eventually, to see the benefits for
all. Each step forward will cement this process and hasten the movement
towards co-operation. In this way, a healthier relationship will evolve
between the nations, leading in time to a true sense of brotherhood.
Many smaller nations recognize, already, the reality of interdependence
but lacking power their voices go unheard. Large and powerful nations
scorn such notions, their pride in self-sufficiency blinding them to
the truth of their relationship with the world.

Man evolves but slowly and needs time and experiment to make
significant advance, but precisely in this way do these achievements
become stable and permanent.

The United Nations is, of course, the forum in which the voice of the
smaller nations can be raised and heard. This is only possible when the
Security Council, with its arbitrary veto, is abolished. It has
outlasted its usefulness and must soon give way to a United Nations
Assembly free of the abuses of power and veto.

Then will we see the nations acting without restraints imposed by Great
Power veto and financial inducement. Those who call loudest for
democracy in foreign lands are strangely blind to its absence in the
halls of the United Nations.

Men must come to realize that the people of all the nations are one and
equal, dependent each upon the other. No one nation owns, nor can rule,
the world. No one nation can stand alone against the rest. The days of
empire and dominion are past. Man is on the threshold of a new
understanding of his role on planet Earth. This involves a change in
his relationship to his fellow travellers on the path to wisdom and
true stewardship of the planet's bounty.

--------------

Excerpted from the October Issue of Share International Magazine
http://www.share-international.org

Dean T
2005-09-19 18:33:04 EST

<*t@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Brotherhood of Man
>
> Sooner or later, the reality of their interdependence will dawn upon
> the nations and their leaders. This realization will bring about an
> entirely new attitude to the problems with which, today, they wrestle,
> and will lead to easier, and wiser, solutions of these difficulties. A
> gradual change in outlook will replace the present fierce competition
> and confrontation with mutual understanding and co-operation. That not
> all nations will proceed in this direction at the same pace, must be
> said, but the effectiveness and obvious sanity of the method will
> encourage even the least sanguine, eventually, to see the benefits for
> all. Each step forward will cement this process and hasten the movement
> towards co-operation. In this way, a healthier relationship will evolve
> between the nations, leading in time to a true sense of brotherhood.
> Many smaller nations recognize, already, the reality of interdependence
> but lacking power their voices go unheard. Large and powerful nations
> scorn such notions, their pride in self-sufficiency blinding them to
> the truth of their relationship with the world.
>
> Man evolves but slowly and needs time and experiment to make
> significant advance, but precisely in this way do these achievements
> become stable and permanent.
>
> The United Nations is, of course, the forum in which the voice of the
> smaller nations can be raised and heard. This is only possible when the
> Security Council, with its arbitrary veto, is abolished. It has
> outlasted its usefulness and must soon give way to a United Nations
> Assembly free of the abuses of power and veto.
>
> Then will we see the nations acting without restraints imposed by Great
> Power veto and financial inducement. Those who call loudest for
> democracy in foreign lands are strangely blind to its absence in the
> halls of the United Nations.
>
> Men must come to realize that the people of all the nations are one and
> equal, dependent each upon the other. No one nation owns, nor can rule,
> the world. No one nation can stand alone against the rest. The days of
> empire and dominion are past. Man is on the threshold of a new
> understanding of his role on planet Earth. This involves a change in
> his relationship to his fellow travellers on the path to wisdom and
> true stewardship of the planet's bounty.

Very well written. I agree with the author's assertions wholeheartedly.

Miguel O'Pastel
2005-09-19 20:25:49 EST

"Dean T" <redxanth@bigpond.com> wrote in message
:
: <maxhemust@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:1127140707.581941.178370@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
: > The Brotherhood of Man
: >
[...]
We will all be dead from capitalism before this ever happens.

Dean T
2005-09-20 04:16:34 EST

"Miguel O'Pastel" <nofascism@tall.usa> wrote in message

> [...]
> : > halls of the United Nations.
> : >
> : > Men must come to realize that the people of all the nations are one
and
> : > equal, dependent each upon the other. No one nation owns, nor can
rule,
> : > the world. No one nation can stand alone against the rest. The days of
> : > empire and dominion are past. Man is on the threshold of a new
> : > understanding of his role on planet Earth. This involves a change in
> : > his relationship to his fellow travellers on the path to wisdom and
> : > true stewardship of the planet's bounty.
> :
> : Very well written. I agree with the author's assertions wholeheartedly.
> :
> :
> We will all be dead from capitalism before this ever happens.

Keep the faith, comrade.

Wm James
2005-09-22 13:48:04 EST
On 19 Sep 2005 07:38:27 -0700, maxhemust@yahoo.com wrote:

>Men must come to realize that the people of all the nations are one and
>equal, dependent each upon the other. No one nation owns, nor can rule,
>the world. No one nation can stand alone against the rest. The days of
>empire and dominion are past. Man is on the threshold of a new
>understanding of his role on planet Earth. This involves a change in
>his relationship to his fellow travellers on the path to wisdom and
>true stewardship of the planet's bounty.

Idiots must come to realize that most of the people on earth have no
voice r representation in the UN even if their dictator/owner/master
has a seat. The Useless Nations will remain useless as long as
dictators have a voice and are considered by the kooks to equal to
nations of free people. Kick out the dictatorships, or let the
dictators have it and get US out of it.

William R. James

Lechergod
2005-09-22 21:52:27 EST
it looks funny,
what the voting in general meetings in UN for ???
it is different to communism not giving a vote to people,
every nation has a vote in general meeting,
how come it must get US out of it ???????????????

Wm James wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2005 07:38:27 -0700, maxhemust@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Men must come to realize that the people of all the nations are one and
> >equal, dependent each upon the other. No one nation owns, nor can rule,
> >the world. No one nation can stand alone against the rest. The days of
> >empire and dominion are past. Man is on the threshold of a new
> >understanding of his role on planet Earth. This involves a change in
> >his relationship to his fellow travellers on the path to wisdom and
> >true stewardship of the planet's bounty.
>
> Idiots must come to realize that most of the people on earth have no
> voice r representation in the UN even if their dictator/owner/master
> has a seat. The Useless Nations will remain useless as long as
> dictators have a voice and are considered by the kooks to equal to
> nations of free people. Kick out the dictatorships, or let the
> dictators have it and get US out of it.
>
> William R. James

David James Polewka
2005-09-22 22:31:50 EST
Wm James wrote:

>> Idiots must come to realize that most of the people on earth have no
>> voice r representation in the UN even if their dictator/owner/master
>> has a seat. The Useless Nations will remain useless as long as
>> dictators have a voice and are considered by the kooks to equal to
>> nations of free people. Kick out the dictatorships, or let the
>> dictators have it and get US out of it.

We must disallow non-democratic regimes voting privileges in
the U.N., until they allow their own people voting privileges in
legitimate elections!

=========================
"Endeavor to persevere"
=========================

I*@mindspring.com
2005-09-23 02:33:22 EST
in soc.culture.china, hk.politics
Khitanian wrote:
> Shouldn't we allow the paid-up members to vote first ?

Why should non-democratic regimes be allowed a vote?
They don't believe in democracy!

> David James Polewka wrote:
>
> > We must disallow non-democratic regimes voting privileges in
> > the U.N., until they allow their own people voting privileges in
> > legitimate elections!

I*@mindspring.com
2005-09-23 03:03:10 EST
In soc.culture.china and hk.politics,
Khitanian wrote:
> Shouldn't we allow the paid-up members to vote first ?

Why should a non-democratic regime be allowed a vote?
They don't believe in democracy!

> David James Polewka wrote:
>
> > We must disallow non-democratic regimes voting privileges in
> > the U.N., until they allow their own people voting privileges in
> > legitimate elections!

I*@mindspring.com
2005-09-23 05:42:04 EST
Khitanian wrote:
> Who said there was any voting in the UN ?

Who gave you a voice on the Internet?