Activism Discussion: HURRICANE KARMA

HURRICANE KARMA

Freedom Fighter
2005-09-23 19:15:01 EST
Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
By MICHAEL GRACZYK

HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
oil-refining industry.

< snip >
----------
Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.

Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11 and
the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the moronic
fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per gallon
gasoline, that is!

Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
you wrong?

Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see beyond
the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare "question authority."
Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!

Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?

Bert Hyman
2005-09-23 19:18:59 EST
In news:V%%Ye.73029$qY1.19579@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net "Freedom
Fighter" <liberty@once.net> wrote:

> Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell the greedy fascists
> ruling America that they should have heeded all the "liberal"
> environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.

Bullshit.

You don't believe a word of what you just wrote, so why bother?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Freedom Fighter
2005-09-23 19:25:16 EST
"Bert Hyman" <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in message
> In news:V%%Ye.73029$qY1.19579@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net "Freedom
> Fighter" <liberty@once.net> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell the greedy fascists
>> ruling America that they should have heeded all the "liberal"
>> environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>
> Bullshit.
>
> You don't believe a word of what you just wrote, so why bother?

Then why did I write it?
If you cannot confront the truth, that's your problem.
Death through denial - Human Race, R.I.P.

Bert Hyman
2005-09-23 19:40:45 EST
In news:w90Ze.73052$qY1.28744@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net "Freedom
Fighter" <liberty@once.net> wrote:

> "Bert Hyman" <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in message
>> In news:V%%Ye.73029$qY1.19579@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>> "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell the greedy fascists
>>> ruling America that they should have heeded all the "liberal"
>>> environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>> You don't believe a word of what you just wrote, so why bother?
>
> Then why did I write it?

Pot stirring, of course.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Jimpgh2002
2005-09-23 20:07:35 EST
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:15:01 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
wrote:

>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>
>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>oil-refining industry.
>
>< snip >
>----------
>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.

Right, genius, that would have solved everything.

>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11 and
>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the moronic
>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per gallon
>gasoline, that is!

Oh my, I'm so worried.

>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>you wrong?

You seem to be the one complaining, mate.

>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see beyond
>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare "question authority."
>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!

Speak for yourself.

>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?

Yep.

Captain Compassion
2005-09-23 23:27:35 EST
wrote:

>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>
>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>oil-refining industry.
>
>< snip >
>----------
>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>
>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11 and
>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the moronic
>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per gallon
>gasoline, that is!
>
>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>you wrong?
>
>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see beyond
>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare "question authority."
>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!
>
>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?

I love hurricane season. Not only does the flood waters drive the
vermin out of the homes it also drives the loons out into the open.
Shiny side out Freedom Fighter.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" -- Ambrose Bierce

"America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy." -- John Updike

"Long term commitment in relationships is only necessary because it takes
so damn long to raise children. Marriage may well be some kind of trick
to keep the males around beyond sexual satiation." -- Captain Compassion

"Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
--Will Durant

Joseph R. Darancette
r*t@NOSPAMverizon.net

Freedom Fighter
2005-09-24 16:36:06 EST
"jimpgh2002" <pmojh1@xxnospamxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:15:01 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>>
>>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>>oil-refining industry.
>>
>>< snip >
>>----------
>>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>>
> Right, genius, that would have solved everything.

Thank you for acknowledging that I am a genius.

>>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11
>>and
>>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the
>>moronic
>>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per
>>gallon
>>gasoline, that is!
>>
> Oh my, I'm so worried.
>
>>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>>you wrong?
>>
> You seem to be the one complaining, mate.

Not complaining, observing.
I see millions of ostriches with their heads in the sand, if not up their
anuses.
I see millions of sheep too timid to hold their so-called leaders
responsible for their crimes against humanity.
I see a very bleak future for this world - even if people do awaken, they
will probably be too late to prevent an unprecedented disaster that could
have been prevented had they but awakened a few decades ago.

>>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see
>>beyond
>>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare to "question
>>authority."
>>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!
>>
> Speak for yourself.

Deny for yourself.

>>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?
>>

> Yep.

Some fools never learn.
Here comes HURRICANE KARMA, and far worse disasters, to make you learn the
hard way.

Freedom Fighter
2005-09-24 16:40:17 EST
"Captain Compassion" <res0mp8t@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:15:01 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>>
>>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>>oil-refining industry.
>>
>>< snip >
>>----------
>>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>>
>>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11
>>and
>>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the
>>moronic
>>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per
>>gallon
>>gasoline, that is!
>>
>>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>>you wrong?
>>
>>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see
>>beyond
>>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare "question authority."
>>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!
>>
>>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?
>>
> I love hurricane season. Not only does the flood waters drive the
> vermin out of the homes it also drives the loons out into the open.
> Shiny side out Freedom Fighter.

> "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" -- Ambrose Bierce

So when are you enlisting?

> "America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy." -- John Updike

I suspect this was said as an ironic jest.

> "Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
> --Will Durant

"Progress" will be the destruction of life by the environment it savaged.
What goes around comes around.

Freedom Fighter

Jimpgh2002
2005-09-24 17:36:24 EST
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:36:06 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
wrote:

>"jimpgh2002" <pmojh1@xxnospamxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:15:01 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>>>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>>>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>>>
>>>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>>>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>>>oil-refining industry.
>>>
>>>< snip >
>>>----------
>>>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>>>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>>>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>>>
>> Right, genius, that would have solved everything.
>
>Thank you for acknowledging that I am a genius.

You're not familiar with sarcasm, I see.

>>>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>>>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11
>>>and
>>>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>>>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the
>>>moronic
>>>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>>>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>>>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per
>>>gallon
>>>gasoline, that is!
>>>
>> Oh my, I'm so worried.
>>
>>>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>>>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>>>you wrong?
>>>
>> You seem to be the one complaining, mate.
>
>Not complaining, observing.

Depends on what the meaning of "is" is, eh?

>I see millions of ostriches with their heads in the sand, if not up their
>anuses.
>I see millions of sheep too timid to hold their so-called leaders
>responsible for their crimes against humanity.
>I see a very bleak future for this world - even if people do awaken, they
>will probably be too late to prevent an unprecedented disaster that could
>have been prevented had they but awakened a few decades ago.
>
>>>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see
>>>beyond
>>>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare to "question
>>>authority."
>>>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!
>>>
>> Speak for yourself.
>
>Deny for yourself.

I do deny your premise, mate.

>>>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?
>>>

>> Yep.
>
>Some fools never learn.
>Here comes HURRICANE KARMA, and far worse disasters, to make you learn the
>hard way.

Right, these things never happened before.

Captain Compassion
2005-09-24 20:53:48 EST
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:40:17 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
wrote:

>"Captain Compassion" <res0mp8t@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:15:01 GMT, "Freedom Fighter" <liberty@once.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Rita Weakens, Takes Aim at Oil Industry
>>>Associated Press - Updated 4:27 PM ET September 23, 2005
>>>By MICHAEL GRACZYK
>>>
>>>HOUSTON (AP) - A slowly weakening Hurricane Rita steamed toward the Texas
>>>and Louisiana coast with 125 mph winds Friday, menacing the nation's
>>>oil-refining industry.
>>>
>>>< snip >
>>>----------
>>>Well, what do you know? Perhaps these "acts of God" are an attempt to tell
>>>the greedy fascists ruling America that they should have heeded all the
>>>"liberal" environmentalists' warnings about global warming and its causes.
>>>
>>>Give it a few decades to a few hundred years, but due to polar ice cap
>>>melting our entire planet is in for a MAJOR disaster that will make 9/11
>>>and
>>>the worst of hurricanes and earthquakes look like mere kindergarden games.
>>>And the unscrupulous fascists that brought this upon us, and all the
>>>moronic
>>>fools that let them do so, can do nothing to stop it. Sorry Charlie, it's
>>>too late! Meanwhile everyone can keep on doing as the KKKorp$eration$'
>>>advertising dictates and drive their SUVs - if they can afford $4 per
>>>gallon
>>>gasoline, that is!
>>>
>>>Don't start complaining now, it's too late. Obey your masters as you have
>>>all along - would these fine, upstanding Conservative gentlemen ever steer
>>>you wrong?
>>>
>>>Goodbye Homo Sapiens, either too blinded by profits and power to see
>>>beyond
>>>the bottom line, or too stupid and cowardly to dare "question authority."
>>>Like the dinosaurs, too stupid to survive!
>>>
>>>Aren't you glad NOW that you voted KKKon$ervative?
>>>
>> I love hurricane season. Not only does the flood waters drive the
>> vermin out of the homes it also drives the loons out into the open.
>> Shiny side out Freedom Fighter.

>> "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography" -- Ambrose Bierce
>
>So when are you enlisting?

Enlisted in 1967. Bastards don't want me now.

>> "America is a vast conspiracy to make you happy." -- John Updike
>
>I suspect this was said as an ironic jest.

I'm Happy.

>> "Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
>> --Will Durant
>
>"Progress" will be the destruction of life by the environment it savaged.
>What goes around comes around.

Maybe that is progress. There is no guarantee that any species will
exist for ever. Don't be pessimistic but fatalistic. Pessimists whine
fatalists make the best of any situation.