Activism Discussion: Dangers Of A Drunk Dubya

Dangers Of A Drunk Dubya

S*@yahoo.com
2005-09-23 23:54:26 EST
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml

Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
By DOUG THOMPSON

According to the National Enquirer, President George W. Bush, an
alcoholic, is drinking again.

In normal times, such a story in a tabloid like the Enquirer would be
dismissed as just another fantasy for the newspaper that normally
devotes its front page to gossip about celebrity divorces. But an
America with Bush as President is anything but normal and too many
warning signs point to the sad fact that Dubya the drunk is back on the
bottle. Plus we reported the same thing in a story about Bush's
temper tirades on August 25.

Like the President, I'm a recovering alcoholic. Unlike him, I've
been sober for 11 years, three months and 16 days. Bush says he quit
drinking without help from any organized program. I had a lot of help
- from family, friends and Alcoholics Anonymous. As an alcoholic, I
can say without hesitation that available evidence tells me that Bush
is drinking and drinking heavily.

The signs have been there for too long. Bush fell off a couch after,
his aides say, "falling asleep." He has appeared in public with
bruises on his face, the kind of injuries a person would suffer from
falling in alcohol-impaired conditions. He disappears from public view
for extended periods, takes more vacations than other Presidents, has
trouble forming words, appears disinterested in public and mangles his
sentences. In other appearances he rambles and appears unable to focus.
During the Katrina crisis he displayed little emotion or compassion
when confronted with the horrors along the Gulf Coast.

This web site reported last year that the White House physician had
placed the President on anti-depressants. If Bush is mixing alcohol and
anti-depressant drugs his judgment - which is already suspect - is
impaired even more.

"The President all too often is out of control," a White House
source tells me. "People are afraid to risk his anger by telling him
things he does not want to hear. Newsweek magazine reported the same
thing last week in their story: "How Bush Blew It."

The Enquirer interviewed Dr. Justin Frank, a Washington D.C.
psychiatrist and author of Bush On The Couch: Inside The Mind Of The
President.

"I do think that Bush is drinking again," Frank said. "Alcoholics
who are not in any program, like the President, have a hard time when
stress gets to be great. I think it's a concern that Bush disappears
during times of stress. He spends so much time on his ranch. It's very
frightening."

Dr. Frank is a highly-respected psychiatrist at George Washington
University and his book about the President's problems has been
praised by other psychiatric experts. We interviewed him last year for
the stories about the President's deteriorating mental state and his
conclusions confirm Bush is losing it.

White House aides tell me rumors about the President's drinking began
circulating last year in the West Wing along with questions about
possible abuse of prescription drugs. They report wide mood swings,
cancelled meetings and an ever-decreasing number of aides with direct
access to Bush.

"Two questions that the press seems particularly determined to ignore
have hung silently in the air since before Bush took office," Dr.
Frank told us in August. "Is he still drinking? And if not, is he
impaired by all the years he did spend drinking? Both questions need to
be addressed in any serious assessment of his psychological state."

It's scary enough to have a nutcase in the White House. It's even
scarier to think that nutcase may be drunk.

B*@apexmail.com
2005-09-24 02:31:08 EST
s*n@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>
> Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
> By DOUG THOMPSON
>
> According to the National Enquirer, President George W. Bush, an
> alcoholic, is drinking again.
<snip>

> The signs have been there for too long. Bush fell off a couch after,
> his aides say, "falling asleep." He has appeared in public with
> bruises on his face, the kind of injuries a person would suffer from
> falling in alcohol-impaired conditions. He disappears from public view
> for extended periods, takes more vacations than other Presidents, has
> trouble forming words, appears disinterested in public and mangles his
> sentences. In other appearances he rambles and appears unable to focus.
> During the Katrina crisis he displayed little emotion or compassion
> when confronted with the horrors along the Gulf Coast.
>
> This web site reported last year that the White House physician had
> placed the President on anti-depressants. If Bush is mixing alcohol and
> anti-depressant drugs his judgment - which is already suspect - is
> impaired even more.
<snip>

> It's scary enough to have a nutcase in the White House. It's even
> scarier to think that nutcase may be drunk.

By comparison, Reagan's naps during cabinet meetings were harmless.

Bob Dog
Atheist #153 = 1^3 + 5^3 + 3^3
EAC's chief cook and brainwasher

-----

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work
within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
- Claire Wolfe

"I disagree with the second part."
- Detective Somerset of "Se7en", paraphrased

Raven1
2005-09-24 13:24:42 EST
On 23 Sep 2005 20:54:26 -0700, sanant0n@yahoo.com wrote:

>It's scary enough to have a nutcase in the White House. It's even
>scarier to think that nutcase may be drunk.

Richard Nixon's ears are ringing in his grave.

---

"This is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause"
- Padme Amidala, Episode III

Michael Gray
2005-09-25 01:03:32 EST
On 23 Sep 2005 20:54:26 -0700, sanant0n@yahoo.com wrote:

>http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>
>Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
>By DOUG THOMPSON
>
>According to the National Enquirer, President George W. Bush, an
>alcoholic, is drinking again.

Someone had better put a lock on that big red button...

Liberals HATE-America!.!
2005-09-26 00:44:14 EST

<*n@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>
> Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
> By DOUG THOMPSON
>
> According to the National Enquirer,

The National Enquirer, huh? Gee, you left-wing hate-mongers aren't too
desperate, are you?

> President George W. Bush, an alcoholic, is drinking again.

President Bush has never been diagnosed as an alcoholic, a convenient fact
you left-wing hate-mongers love to omit. President Bush has said he drank to
much in his younger days. He stopped in one day and never drank again.

Not everyone who drinks too much is an alcoholic. Prove the president is an
alcoholic. You can't. You're just a vicious, hate-filled, intolerant,
America-hating, kool-aide drinking radical.

--
"I guess I am to the point that I am thinking that if all 150,000 Americans
over there die, then we deserve it for the horrible crimes we have committed

-- Gary Dorman, Proud America-Hating liberal Democrat
g*8@sbcglobal.net

Liberals HATE-America!.!
2005-09-26 00:44:53 EST

"Michael Gray" <fleetg@newsguy.spam.com> wrote in message
> On 23 Sep 2005 20:54:26 -0700, sanant0n@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>>
>>Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
>>By DOUG THOMPSON
>>
>>According to the National Enquirer, President George W. Bush, an
>>alcoholic, is drinking again.
>>

> Someone had better put a lock on that big red button...

Wow, you must be a political science major, or a PhD!!!!

--
"I guess I am to the point that I am thinking that if all 150,000 Americans
over there die, then we deserve it for the horrible crimes we have committed
against the Iraqi people and the world. America is the true terrorist
nation."

-- Gary Dorman, Proud America-Hating liberal Democrat
g*8@sbcglobal.net

Cary Kittrell
2005-09-27 12:14:22 EST
In article <1127534066.459072.184590@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> sanant0n@yahoo.com writes:
> http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>
> Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
> By DOUG THOMPSON
>
> According to the National Enquirer, President George W. Bush, an
> alcoholic, is drinking again.
>
> In normal times, such a story in a tabloid like the Enquirer would be
> dismissed as just another fantasy for the newspaper that normally
> devotes its front page to gossip about celebrity divorces. But an
> America with Bush as President is anything but normal and too many
> warning signs point to the sad fact that Dubya the drunk is back on the
> bottle. Plus we reported the same thing in a story about Bush's
> temper tirades on August 25.

And, of course, the National Enquirer was the first paper to
break that little bit of gossip about President Clinton
and a certain intern.

-- cary

Cary Kittrell
2005-09-27 12:25:07 EST
In article <1127710010.014b29721f37b4c66eda0d1d7575680b@meganetnews2> "Liberals HATE-America!.!" <thankGODforAmerica@GodblessAmerica.com1> writes:

> <sanant0n@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
> >
> > Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
> > By DOUG THOMPSON
> >
> > According to the National Enquirer,
>
> The National Enquirer, huh? Gee, you left-wing hate-mongers aren't too
> desperate, are you?
>
> > President George W. Bush, an alcoholic, is drinking again.
>
> President Bush has never been diagnosed as an alcoholic, a convenient fact
> you left-wing hate-mongers love to omit. President Bush has said he drank to
> much in his younger days. He stopped in one day and never drank again.
>
> Not everyone who drinks too much is an alcoholic. Prove the president is an
> alcoholic. You can't. You're just a vicious, hate-filled, intolerant,
> America-hating, kool-aide drinking radical.

Seeing as how there are dozens of definitions of "alcoholic" bandied
about, I'm sure that it's easy to show that Bush was an alcoholic
and that he was not an alcoholic.

-- cary

Liberals HATE-America!.,
2005-09-27 14:14:59 EST

"Cary Kittrell" <cary@afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> In article <1127710010.014b29721f37b4c66eda0d1d7575680b@meganetnews2>
> "Liberals HATE-America!.!" <thankGODforAmerica@GodblessAmerica.com1>
> writes:
>>
>> <sanant0n@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7430.shtml
>> >
>> > Dangers of a Drunk Dubya
>> > By DOUG THOMPSON
>> >
>> > According to the National Enquirer,
>>
>> The National Enquirer, huh? Gee, you left-wing hate-mongers aren't too
>> desperate, are you?
>>
>> > President George W. Bush, an alcoholic, is drinking again.
>>
>> President Bush has never been diagnosed as an alcoholic, a convenient
>> fact
>> you left-wing hate-mongers love to omit. President Bush has said he drank
>> much in his younger days. He stopped in one day and never drank again.
>>
>> Not everyone who drinks too much is an alcoholic. Prove the president is
>> an
>> alcoholic. You can't. You're just a vicious, hate-filled, intolerant,
>> America-hating, kool-aide drinking radical.
>
> Seeing as how there are dozens of definitions of "alcoholic" bandied
> about, I'm sure that it's easy to show that Bush was an alcoholic
> and that he was not an alcoholic.

Cuckoo!! Cuckoo!!

Liberals HATE-America!.,
2005-09-27 16:09:43 EST

"Cary Kittrell" <cary@afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message

> And, of course, the National Enquirer was the first paper to
> break that little bit of gossip about President Clinton
> and a certain intern.

Absolutely WRONG. That was Matt Drudge.

--
"Look at the murdering Nazis in US military uniforms
storming through Iraq, murdering as they go."

- Leland Milton Goldblatt, Proud America-Hating, left-wing Liberal Democrat
- Dr.Goldblatt@gmail.com