Activism Discussion: Even Republicans Agree

Even Republicans Agree

Hugo
2005-12-04 07:56:56 EST
America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
administration has made every problem worse.

On one hand G.W. Bush expends American might to provide a training ground
for jihad combatants in the middle East, while with the other hand Bush has
over-rule Congress to resume U.S. funding of the corrupt Indonesian
military and its Laskar Jihad forces who have been burning Churches and
slaughtering our Christian Allies across Indonesian occupied Moluccas and
Papua. Is George Bush consistent in any of his practices, yes, his actions
will always profit his corporate friends rather than U.S. interests or the
freedom of people be they Americans or West Papuans.

As one of the people who both called for the arrest of Saddam and his regime
in 1991 and was against the stupidity of a unprovoked invasion in 2003, I
along with everyone else have had to put up with millions of chickenhawks
harping on to try and justify GW's invasion.

And yet, I can safely bet money that those same chickenhawks shall be silent
about G.W. Bush resuming U.S. funding of the Indonesian military and its
many Jihad interests and programs of ethnic cleansing of Christians.

In a year when the US Congress has tried to undo some of the previous harm
against freedom and human rights done by many previous administrations ;
G.W. Bush has again used his Presidential powers to promote colonial
instead of American values; and not one American will rise this issue of
funding a colonial military with U.S. taxes in the U.S. papers or media.

http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit/Src/yoman16-03-2005.rm
http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit

€€R.L.Measures
2005-12-04 10:08:39 EST
In article <10131823.LQE93x0299@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:

>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>administration has made every problem worse.
*** And all of this was made possible by him simply saying during the
2000 campaign that he was absolutely, positively against abortion and that
he would support a Constitutional Ammendment to deny women the
procedure. Is Karl Rove a genius or what?

--
\ufffd R.L.Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org
remove _ from e-mail adr

Hugo
2005-12-04 10:34:09 EST
€€R.L.Measures wrote:

> In article <10131823.LQE93x0299@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org>
> wrote:
>
>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>administration has made every problem worse.
> *** And all of this was made possible by him simply saying during the
> 2000 campaign that he was absolutely, positively against abortion and that
> he would support a Constitutional Ammendment to deny women the
> procedure. Is Karl Rove a genius or what?

And will you too be helping to be the silence ?

>> And yet, I can safely bet money that those same chickenhawks shall be
>> silent about G.W. Bush resuming U.S. funding of the Indonesian military
>> and its many Jihad interests and programs of ethnic cleansing of
>> Christians.

€€R.L.Measures
2005-12-04 15:01:02 EST
In article <1148901.ZdPqgCRuaj@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:

>\ufffd\ufffdR.L.Measures wrote:
>
>> In article <10131823.LQE93x0299@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>>administration has made every problem worse.
>> *** And all of this was made possible by him simply saying during the
>> 2000 campaign that he was absolutely, positively against abortion and that
>> he would support a Constitutional Ammendment to deny women the
>> procedure. Is Karl Rove a genius or what?
>
> And will you too be helping to be the silence ?

*** open your eyes

--
\ufffd R.L.Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org
remove _ from e-mail adr

Hugo
2005-12-04 15:48:14 EST
R.L.Measures wrote:

> In article <10131823.LQE93x0299@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org>
> wrote:
>
>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>administration has made every problem worse.
> *** And all of this was made possible by him simply saying during the
> 2000 campaign that he was absolutely, positively against abortion and that
> he would support a Constitutional Ammendment to deny women the
> procedure. Is Karl Rove a genius or what?

And will you too, be helping to keep the silence ?

>> And yet, I can safely bet money that those same chickenhawks shall be
>> silent about G.W. Bush resuming U.S. funding of the Indonesian military
>> and its many Jihad interests and programs of ethnic cleansing of
>> Christians.

€€R.L.Measures
2005-12-04 18:28:57 EST
In article <2058550.NlBQx4NlBm@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:

>R.L.Measures wrote:
>
>> In article <10131823.LQE93x0299@wpngnc.org>, Hugo <conscience@minds.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>>administration has made every problem worse.
>> *** And all of this was made possible by him simply saying during the
>> 2000 campaign that he was absolutely, positively against abortion and that
>> he would support a Constitutional Ammendment to deny women the
>> procedure. Is Karl Rove a genius or what?
>
> And will you too, be helping to keep the silence ?

*** Does it look like I am keeping silent?

--
\ufffd R.L.Measures, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org
remove _ from e-mail adr

Michael Gray
2005-12-04 22:14:23 EST
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:56:56 +1100, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:

>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>administration has made every problem worse.

Not *every* problem.
For instance, if you happen to be a filthy rich media tycoon, or the
director of a large military industrial supplier, then some of your
immediate problems have acutally lessened.

>On one hand G.W. Bush expends American might to provide a training ground
>for jihad combatants in the middle East, while with the other hand Bush has
>over-rule Congress to resume U.S. funding of the corrupt Indonesian
>military and its Laskar Jihad forces who have been burning Churches and
>slaughtering our Christian Allies across Indonesian occupied Moluccas and
>Papua. Is George Bush consistent in any of his practices, yes, his actions
>will always profit his corporate friends rather than U.S. interests or the
>freedom of people be they Americans or West Papuans.
>
>As one of the people who both called for the arrest of Saddam and his regime
>in 1991 and was against the stupidity of a unprovoked invasion in 2003, I
>along with everyone else have had to put up with millions of chickenhawks
>harping on to try and justify GW's invasion.
>
>And yet, I can safely bet money that those same chickenhawks shall be silent
>about G.W. Bush resuming U.S. funding of the Indonesian military and its
>many Jihad interests and programs of ethnic cleansing of Christians.
>
>In a year when the US Congress has tried to undo some of the previous harm
>against freedom and human rights done by many previous administrations ;
>G.W. Bush has again used his Presidential powers to promote colonial
>instead of American values; and not one American will rise this issue of
>funding a colonial military with U.S. taxes in the U.S. papers or media.
>
>http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit/Src/yoman16-03-2005.rm
>http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit

Hugo
2005-12-04 22:46:01 EST
Michael Gray wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:56:56 +1100, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:
>
>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>administration has made every problem worse.
>
> Not *every* problem.
> For instance, if you happen to be a filthy rich media tycoon, or the
> director of a large military industrial supplier, then some of your
> immediate problems have acutally lessened.

Very true, the executives of Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., Bechtel,
ConcoPhilips, and Exxon are all MUCH MUCH better off now that GW has
resumed U.S. funding of the Indonesian military and its colonial
occupations of the foreign countries which these corporations gain their
profits from.
But the United States is worse off because Indonesia funds Al Qaeda and has
for nearly 60 years been exporting a anti-US Jihad philiosophy; Indonesia
provides training camps and funding for Al Qaeda, etc.

>>On one hand G.W. Bush expends American might to provide a training ground
>>for jihad combatants in the middle East, while with the other hand Bush
>>has over-rule Congress to resume U.S. funding of the corrupt Indonesian
>>military and its Laskar Jihad forces who have been burning Churches and
>>slaughtering our Christian Allies across Indonesian occupied Moluccas and
>>Papua. Is George Bush consistent in any of his practices, yes, his actions
>>will always profit his corporate friends rather than U.S. interests or the
>>freedom of people be they Americans or West Papuans.
>>
>>As one of the people who both called for the arrest of Saddam and his
>>regime in 1991 and was against the stupidity of a unprovoked invasion in
>>2003, I along with everyone else have had to put up with millions of
>>chickenhawks harping on to try and justify GW's invasion.
>>
>>And yet, I can safely bet money that those same chickenhawks shall be
>>silent about G.W. Bush resuming U.S. funding of the Indonesian military
>>and its many Jihad interests and programs of ethnic cleansing of
>>Christians.
>>
>>In a year when the US Congress has tried to undo some of the previous harm
>>against freedom and human rights done by many previous administrations ;
>>G.W. Bush has again used his Presidential powers to promote colonial
>>instead of American values; and not one American will rise this issue of
>>funding a colonial military with U.S. taxes in the U.S. papers or media.
>>
>>http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit/Src/yoman16-03-2005.rm
>>http://www.fandom.net/InfoKit

Michael Gray
2005-12-05 16:54:02 EST
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:46:01 +1100, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:

>Michael Gray wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:56:56 +1100, Hugo <conscience@minds.org> wrote:
>>
>>>America has engaged its new Vietnam, at home Bush protects insurance
>>>companies rather than American health and our children's world has been
>>>sacrificed to his oil interests. From hurricanes to Jihad, the Bush
>>>administration has made every problem worse.
>>
>> Not *every* problem.
>> For instance, if you happen to be a filthy rich media tycoon, or the
>> director of a large military industrial supplier, then some of your
>> immediate problems have acutally lessened.
>>
> Very true, the executives of Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., Bechtel,
>ConcoPhilips, and Exxon are all MUCH MUCH better off now that GW has
>resumed U.S. funding of the Indonesian military and its colonial
>occupations of the foreign countries which these corporations gain their
>profits from.
> But the United States is worse off because Indonesia funds Al Qaeda and has
>for nearly 60 years been exporting a anti-US Jihad philiosophy; Indonesia
>provides training camps and funding for Al Qaeda, etc.

We here are both acutely and chronicly aware of that, and have been
since I can remember.
Geographically, I'm just "under" Indonesia, Timor and Papua, you see.