Activism Discussion: Democrats More Libertarian Than Republicans

Democrats More Libertarian Than Republicans

Dan Clore

Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the
traditional, variety) typically prefer Republicans over
Democrats as supposedly closer to their ideals. But a study
that creates a "libertarian index" for Congressmen based on
their votes reveals that Democrats typically score higher
than Republicans. With a few exceptions, like former
Libertarian Party presidential candidate Ron Paul, who
predictably tops the list, most of those at the top of the
list are Democrats, and most of those at the bottom are
Republicans.

For details, and to check the ranking of specific
Congressmen, see:

http://hammeroftruth.com/?p=1710

--
Dan Clore

http://www.wildsidepress.com/index2.htm
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in
itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or
tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never
entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no
pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce
an interruption of the harmony existing between the two
countries.
-- The Treaty of Tripoli, entered into by the USA under
George Washington

Curly Surmudgeon
2006-02-16 12:29:06 EST
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:22:24 -0800, Dan Clore wrote:

> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>
> Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the
> traditional, variety) typically prefer Republicans over
> Democrats as supposedly closer to their ideals. But a study
> that creates a "libertarian index" for Congressmen based on
> their votes reveals that Democrats typically score higher
> than Republicans. With a few exceptions, like former
> Libertarian Party presidential candidate Ron Paul, who
> predictably tops the list, most of those at the top of the
> list are Democrats, and most of those at the bottom are
> Republicans.
>
> For details, and to check the ranking of specific
> Congressmen, see:
>
> http://hammeroftruth.com/?p=1710

I'd sooner eat a bug than vote for either. The old "Lesser of Two Evils"
meme got us where we are today. Let's not continue what essentially
subverts the Democratic process and not give party politics any further
power.

My counsel to friends and acquaintences is if you can't bring yourself
to vote Libertarian then vote any third-party. Boycotting Demopublicans
is the best way to defang the blood-suckers.

-- Regards, Curly

Bert Hyman
2006-02-16 21:51:43 EST
In news:43F4A6C0.800@columbia-center.org Dan Clore
<*e@columbia-center.org> wrote:

> Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the
> traditional, variety) ...

What the heck does ->that mean?

What kind of "traditional" libertarian wouldn't be "pro-capitalist"?

And could you try to cross-post to more groups in the future?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Brique
2006-02-17 00:17:34 EST

Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com> wrote in message
> In news:43F4A6C0.800@columbia-center.org Dan Clore
> <clore@columbia-center.org> wrote:
>
> > Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the
> > traditional, variety) ...
>
> What the heck does ->that mean?
>
> What kind of "traditional" libertarian wouldn't be "pro-capitalist"?

Because 'pro-capitalist neo-fuadalist propertarians' were not the first to
use the term, although some have tried to make a retrospective claim upon
it.

> And could you try to cross-post to more groups in the future?

I'm only reading it in one, and once I've read it, it will nto be
high-lighted in any other NG. How many news messages do you usually read at
once anyway?

> --
> Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

John Graeme
2006-02-17 18:13:36 EST
Dan Clore wrote:
> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>
> Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the traditional,
> variety) typically prefer Republicans over Democrats as supposedly
> closer to their ideals. But a study that creates a "libertarian index"
> for Congressmen based on their votes reveals that Democrats typically
> score higher than Republicans. With a few exceptions, like former
> Libertarian Party presidential candidate Ron Paul, who predictably tops
> the list, most of those at the top of the list are Democrats, and most
> of those at the bottom are Republicans.

That's hard to believe, but once you've sunk to the level of most
present Congressmen, the distinctions are pretty much academic. It's
like a choice between eating horseshit and cowshit.

Peter_Bjørn_Perlsø?=
2006-02-21 15:57:57 EST
Dan Clore <clore@columbia-center.org> wrote:

> News & Views for Anarchists & Activists:
>
> Libertarians (of the pro-capitalist, rather than the
> traditional, variety) typically prefer Republicans over
> Democrats as supposedly closer to their ideals. But a study
> that creates a "libertarian index" for Congressmen based on
> their votes reveals that Democrats typically score higher
> than Republicans. With a few exceptions, like former
> Libertarian Party presidential candidate Ron Paul, who
> predictably tops the list, most of those at the top of the
> list are Democrats, and most of those at the bottom are
> Republicans.
>
> For details, and to check the ranking of specific
> Congressmen, see:
>
> http://hammeroftruth.com/?p=1710

http://hammeroftruth.com/2006/02/02/america-twenty-percent-libertarian-w
ith-one-percent-of-the-coverage/

Most Republicans are in the "Authoritarian" categeory. Ouch!

--
regards, Peter Bjørn Perlsø - http://haxor.dk
http://liberterran.org