Activism Discussion: Conservative Books Equate To 'Sexual Harassment'

Conservative Books Equate To 'Sexual Harassment'
Posts: 41

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Stan De SD
2006-04-18 04:13:41 EST
Conservative Books Equate to 'Sexual Harassment'

A "sexual harassment" investigation is ongoing at an Ohio college after the
school's librarian suggested that students read a few books from a
conservative perspective.

According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that aggressively
defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio State University at
Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual harassment" charge after he
suggested that freshmen read four best-selling conservative books.

Scott Savage is a reference librarian at OSU Mansfield and a member of the
school's First Year Reading Experience Committee. After suggesting that
students read "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian, "The Professors" by
David Horowitz, "Eurabia: The Euro-Arab Axis" by Bat Ye'or, and "It Takes a
Family" by Sen. Rick Santorum, Savage was put under "investigation."

The Alliance Defense Fund reports that three professors filed a complaint of
discrimination and harassment against Savage because the list of books he
suggested made them feel "unsafe."

"Universities are one of the most hostile places for Christians and
conservatives in America," said ADF Senior Legal Counsel David French, who
heads ADF's Center for Academic Freedom. "It is shameful that OSU would
investigate a Christian librarian for simply recommending books that are at
odds with the prevailing politics of the university."

The Alliance Defense Fund sent a letter to school officials informing them
of the librarian's constitutional rights -- just in case they forgot. But,
according to the ADF, the university is proceeding with its investigation
saying it takes "any allegation of sexual harassment seriously."

Even more troubling, this ridiculous "sexual harassment" claim was supported
by the school's entire faculty as they voted without dissent to file charges
against Savage. Later they voted to allow the individual professors to file
charges, according to the ADF.

"The OSU Mansfield faculty is attempting to label a librarian as a 'sexual
harasser' because they disagree with his book suggestions," said French.
"It is astonishing that an entire faculty would vote to launch a sexual
harassment investigation because a librarian offered book suggestions in a
committee whose purpose was to solicit such suggestions."

Curious as to which chapter of the Nazis Party was running this university,
"the Dean" of Human Events U visited the school's website and found the
following statement on "diversity" -- ".we celebrate and learn from our
diversity and we value individual differences. Academic freedom is defended
within an environment of civility, tolerance,
and mutual respect."

But, apparently, this policy doesn't extend to conservatives.

I also found an incomplete list of the "Top Ten Reasons" why someone should
attend OSU Mansfield. I say "incomplete" because while the school listed
such attributes as "student tickets to OSU athletic events," "housing on
campus" and "convenient location with free parking," the school didn't
mention its most attractive feature: vilifying conservatives.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/blog-detail.php?id=14083



Leftists = Traitors
2006-04-18 06:50:53 EST
Isn't that freedom of information thing on campus pesky? Good think
the angry left has
been so effective in stamping it out. After all, higher learning need
not mean freedom
to make your own choices, right?


M*@yahoo.com
2006-04-18 14:35:13 EST
Stan de SD wrote:
> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that aggressively
> defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio State University at
> Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual harassment" charge after he
> suggested that freshmen read four best-selling conservative books.

No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
her.

> Scott Savage is a reference librarian at OSU Mansfield and a member of the
> school's First Year Reading Experience Committee. After suggesting that
> students read "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian, "The Professors" by
> David Horowitz, "Eurabia: The Euro-Arab Axis" by Bat Ye'or, and "It Takes a
> Family" by Sen. Rick Santorum, Savage was put under "investigation."

All of them pure bullshit.


Bert Hyman
2006-04-18 14:40:15 EST
man_in_black529@yahoo.com () wrote in
news:1145385313.674572.192160@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

> Stan de SD wrote:
>> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that
>> aggressively defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio
>> State University at Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual
>> harassment" charge after he suggested that freshmen read four
>> best-selling conservative books.
>
> No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
> very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
> her.

Can you provide a reference supporting your assertion? I can't find
any mention of this.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@iphouse.com

H*@mac.com
2006-04-18 16:16:46 EST

Burnt Hymen jested:
> man_in_black529 wrote :
>
< < Stain de STD wrote:
> >> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that
> >> aggressively defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio
> >> State University at Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual
> >> harassment" charge after he suggested that freshmen read four
> >> best-selling conservative books.
> >
> > No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
> > very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
> > her.
>
> Can you provide a reference supporting your assertion? I can't find
> any mention of this.


Rimshot, Burnt!

I hope your other reader understands that, what with him being an arch
neocon and all, the guy's top priority was - as always - to screw her
country until it bleeds. And not in a loving way, either.


.
.
.


M*@yahoo.com
2006-04-18 17:23:38 EST
Bert Hyman wrote:
> >> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that
> >> aggressively defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio
> >> State University at Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual
> >> harassment" charge after he suggested that freshmen read four
> >> best-selling conservative books.
> >
> > No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
> > very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
> > her.
>
> Can you provide a reference supporting your assertion? I can't find
> any mention of this.

Perhaps because no one's stupid enough to sue for
sexual harassment unless you start actually playing
grab-ass or describing very explicitly what you want
to do with them. And perhaps because right-wingers
use the "It's because I'm a conservative" excuse to
excuse all their behavior.


Bert Hyman
2006-04-18 17:26:36 EST
In news:1145395418.594606.324600@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com
man_in_black529@yahoo.com wrote:

> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> >> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that
>> >> aggressively defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio
>> >> State University at Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual
>> >> harassment" charge after he suggested that freshmen read four
>> >> best-selling conservative books.
>> >
>> > No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
>> > very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
>> > her.
>>
>> Can you provide a reference supporting your assertion? I can't find
>> any mention of this.
>
> Perhaps because no one's stupid enough to sue for
> sexual harassment unless you start actually playing
> grab-ass or describing very explicitly what you want
> to do with them. And perhaps because right-wingers
> use the "It's because I'm a conservative" excuse to
> excuse all their behavior.

Is that just a very complicated way to say you have nothing to support
your assertion?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

F*@hotmail.com
2006-04-18 17:38:41 EST
man_in_black529@yahoo.com wrote:
> Stan de SD wrote:
> > According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that aggressively
> > defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio State University at
> > Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual harassment" charge after he
> > suggested that freshmen read four best-selling conservative books.
>
> No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
> very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
> her.

Sounds like you didn't take a look at the information presented.
The librarian was charged with sexual harassment by two
gay *men* because his endorsement of a book with an
anti-gay viewpoint made these men feel unsafe dealing
with a campus library that would hire someone they
percieved as a bigot.

>From my read of the emails presented in the Alliance Defense
Fund's Cease and Desist letter, it looks like a case of some
university professors getting pissy because someone dared
to question them in their field of competence, and then getting
nasty when the uppity staffer didn't cringe properly.

--
Walt Smith
Firelock on DALNet


M*@yahoo.com
2006-04-18 17:38:50 EST
Bert Hyman wrote:
> >> >> According to the Alliance Defense Fund -- a legal alliance that
> >> >> aggressively defends religious liberty -- a librarian at Ohio
> >> >> State University at Mansfield has been slapped with a "sexual
> >> >> harassment" charge after he suggested that freshmen read four
> >> >> best-selling conservative books.
> >> >
> >> > No, he was slapped with a sexual harassment charge after
> >> > very explicitly telling a co-ed what he wanted to do with
> >> > her.
> >>
> >> Can you provide a reference supporting your assertion? I can't find
> >> any mention of this.
> >
> > Perhaps because no one's stupid enough to sue for
> > sexual harassment unless you start actually playing
> > grab-ass or describing very explicitly what you want
> > to do with them. And perhaps because right-wingers
> > use the "It's because I'm a conservative" excuse to
> > excuse all their behavior.
>
> Is that just a very complicated way to say you have nothing to support
> your assertion?

No, it's just based on facts. Your side of the aisle could be
its own drinking game, actually. Come to think of it, Bush is
his own drinking game.

Either way, if nothing else, santorum is a sexual term. A
frothy mixture of semen, water-based lubricant, and fecal
matter.


Bert Hyman
2006-04-18 17:54:24 EST
In news:1145396330.653646.324960@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com
man_in_black529@yahoo.com wrote:

> Either way, if nothing else, santorum is a sexual term.

Oh, I see... You're psychotic.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com
Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)


2021 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron