Activism Discussion: Bush Regime To Be Questioned By Committee On Torture

Bush Regime To Be Questioned By Committee On Torture

I*@economicdemocracy.org
2006-05-04 21:32:55 EST
The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
the 9/11 attacks.

Thirty senior officials from the departments of state, defence, justice
and homeland security will testify in public at the hearing in Geneva.

They are likely to face tough questions about practices used in the US'
anti-terror drive, correspondents say.

Rights groups accuse the US of flouting the UN Convention against
Torture.

They accuse the [Bush Administration] of allowing the torture and
inhumane treatment of foreign terror suspects at their detention
centres in Afghanistan, Iraq, Guantanamo Bay and elsewhere [allowing?
"allowing"?? did the 9/11 hijackers "allow" their planes to fly
into the twin towers? Bush Admin isn't "allowing" torture, it is paying
for, facilitating, organizing,
orchestraing, deliberate, pre-medidated shipping En Masse of 'accused'
terrorist 'suspects'
to regimes they KNOW will torture, regimes where they WANT torture
carried out,
where they know they can COUNT on it if they 'ship' the 'alleged'
terrorist 'suspects'
to the right brutal 'interrogation' (another euphemism) thugs -ED]

'Huge significance'

This is the first time since 2000 that the US has testified publicly
before the committee, which, as a signatory to the UN Convention
against Torture, it is required to do.

Ten legal experts will cross-examine the US team, led by state
department legal adviser John Bellinger in public hearings that are due
to continue until Monday.

The hearings have huge significance, says Jennifer Daskal of Human
Rights Watch.

"What makes this so remarkable is that this is the first time the
United States is accountable for its record on torture with regard to
some of the practices implemented after 9/11," she says.

Names and numbers

The committee will want to know about alleged CIA secret prisons and
the prisoners no-one has access to, the BBC's Imogen Foulkes in Geneva
says.

According to a UN document, the committee will demand to know the
number and nationalities of those being held.

It will also ask for details of those taken abroad to third countries,
in a process known [euphemistically] as "extraordinary rendition"

They may ask about the precise measures the US has taken in the wake of
the abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison to ensure it does not happen
again.

More awkward still, they may want to know if there has been an
independent inquiry into the possibility that high-ranking government
officials authorised torture, our correspondent adds.

The US has insisted it is "unequivocally opposed" to torture and
remains committed to the UN ban.

The UN committee does not have formal powers and cannot impose
sanctions, but signatories are expected to act on the recommendations
it will publish following the hearings.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/4974852.stm

Published: 2006/05/04 22:54:36 GMT

© BBC MMVI

= = = =
STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
= = = =
Daily online radio show, news reporting: www.DemocracyNow.org
More news: UseNet's misc.activism.progressive (moderated)
= = = =
Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
http://economicdemocracy.org/eco/climate-summary.html (Climate)
And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)

** ANTI-SPAM NOTE: For EMAIL "info" and "map" DON'T work. Email to
** m-a-i-l-m-a-i-l (without the dashes)at economicdemocracy.org instead

Morton Davis
2006-05-04 22:20:44 EST

<*o@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
the 9/11 attacks.

Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
parrot spouting you master's words?

Stan De SD
2006-05-04 22:42:59 EST

"Morton Davis" <antikerry@go.com> wrote in message

> <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
> The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
> Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
> the 9/11 attacks.
>
> Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
> parrot spouting you master's words?

(b) Parrot.

AmerGovtCriminalsExposer
2006-05-05 01:38:22 EST

"Morton Davis" <antikerry@go.com> wrote in message

> <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
> The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
> Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
> the 9/11 attacks.
>
> Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
> parrot spouting you master's words?

We do.

We want to attack Iran and murder another 100.000 human beings. My blood
lust in iraq is not satisfied yet.

Yours lovingly,
george bush jr, rumsfeld, cheney

AmerGovtCriminalsExposer
2006-05-05 02:16:38 EST

"Stan de SD" <standesd_DIGA_NO_A_SPAM@covad.net> wrote in message

> "Morton Davis" <antikerry@go.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
>> The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
>> Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
>> the 9/11 attacks.
>>
>> Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
>> parrot spouting you master's words?
>
> (b) Parrot.

You are a low IQ bush dicksucker.

Kirtland
2006-05-05 03:11:39 EST
On 4 May 2006 18:32:55 -0700, info@economicdemocracy.org wrote:

Not to worry. When the UN makes a resolution the US will simply veto
it and it will disappear into the "memory hole". Like the hundreds
before it.

> [...]
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/4974852.stm
>
>Published: 2006/05/04 22:54:36 GMT
>
>© BBC MMVI
>
>= = = =
>STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
>IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
>= = = =
>Daily online radio show, news reporting: www.DemocracyNow.org
>More news: UseNet's misc.activism.progressive (moderated)
>= = = =
>Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
>FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
>http://economicdemocracy.org/eco/climate-summary.html (Climate)
>And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)
>

>** ANTI-SPAM NOTE: For EMAIL "info" and "map" DON'T work. Email to
>** m-a-i-l-m-a-i-l (without the dashes)at economicdemocracy.org instead

Winston Smith, American Patriot
2006-05-05 04:24:42 EST

"Mor_on Davis" wrote in alt.politics.bush:

> <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
> The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
> Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
> the 9/11 attacks.
>
> Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
> parrot spouting you master's words?

Arguing with the facts again, Moron Davis?

Moron, did they run you out of the talk.politics.guns group because they
said they needed to do a fumigation, and they at least wanted a period of
time before you re-infested it again?

--
http://hume.realisticpolitics.com/

Estimate the worth of a man by how sincerely he greets you.
Arrive at the worth of a man by how he opens himself to you.
Know the worth of a man by how conscientiously he listens to you.
Verify the worth of a man by how warmly he takes his leave of you.

Morton Davis
2006-05-05 08:09:59 EST

"AmerGovtCriminalsExposer" <AmerGovtCriminalsExposer@americangovt.org> wrote
in message news:445ae48d$0$14907$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...

> "Morton Davis" <antikerry@go.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
> > The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
> > Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
> > the 9/11 attacks.
> >
> > Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
> > parrot spouting you master's words?
> >

> We do.
>
> We want to attack Iran and murder another 100.000 human beings. My blood
> lust in iraq is not satisfied yet.

FUCK YOU

AmerGovtCriminalsExposer
2006-05-05 14:27:06 EST

> "AmerGovtCriminalsExposer" <AmerGovtCriminalsExposer@americangovt.org>
> wrote
> in message news:445ae48d$0$14907$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com...
>>
>> "Morton Davis" <antikerry@go.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
>> > The [Bush Administration] is due to appear before the UN Committee on
>> > Torture for the first time since launching its war on terror following
>> > the 9/11 attacks.
>> >
>> > Have you got a fucking original idea in your head or are you a fuvcking
>> > parrot spouting you master's words?
>> >

>> We do.
>>
>> We want to attack Iran and murder another 100.000 human beings. My blood
>> lust in iraq is not satisfied yet.
>>

> FUCK YOU

You are a christain right wing STINKY TERRORIST with a compulsive obsession
of sucking bush and cheneys dicks. FUCK OFF and go take a shower. You are
STINKING UP PLANET EARTH.