Activism Discussion: Sen. Kennedy's Son / Target Of Political Machines?

Sen. Kennedy's Son / Target Of Political Machines?

Annie Birdsong
2006-05-08 17:30:41 EST
Representative Patrick Kennedy, democrat from Rhode Island and son of
Senator Edward Kennedy, got a bout of bad press when he suffered a
blackout after taking ambien for insomnia.

He told the policeman who pulled him over that he had to "go vote,"
though Congress had let out six hours earlier. "I simply don't
remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by the police or being
sited for driving infractions," he said later.

Ambien comes with a warning that it can cause confusion, strange
behavior and hallucinations. Others have also reported blackouts and
sleep driving while taking these chemicals.

Kennedy is also taking a medication for nausea and inflammation of the
stomach and intestines caused by gastroenteritis.

The press has widely reported that Kennedy was taking antidepressants.
Explaining, he mentioned the "pressures of being a Kennedy."
Investigating, I found that across the country, he is repeatedly
bludgeoned unfairly by the press, just as happened to Jimmy Carter.

For instance, one typical article says, "His freckled hands flail
like wounded flinches. He does not possess his cousin Joe's charm or
cousin John's chin, or his uncle's laconic wit."
Another article criticized his behavior at a fund raiser, saying he was
"less than polished," playing "hide and seek with a child."

Another time, when he was rushing to catch a plane, a female security
guard tried to block the way saying his carry-on baggage was too big.
He pushed her out of his way and the press had a feeding frenzy.

It is appears to me that Kennedy is the target of political machines.
A former editor of the Washington Post, William Grieder wrote that we
have hundreds of political machines in the country who set out to
punish. These are teams of people hired by powerful billionaires or
corporations that target the idealistic, watching every word, setting
out to intimidate and destroy their reputation.

Many see Kennedy as prospective speaker of the house and political
machines may be trying to upset this. Kennedy is a reformer, rooting
out corruption in Congress while trying to keep lawmakers on track. For
instance, he pushed through rule changes that made the legislative
process more open, decried Congressional pension fund abuse and filed a
21 page civil lawsuit against former Republican Whip Tom Delay for
extortion. He also chided Congress for wasting a year and a half
talking about Monica Lewinsky instead of health care and social
security.

He's a left-of-center old-fashioned liberal like his father, fighting
for unions, environmental protection, affordable housing, human rights,
gun control, the expansion of Medicare, health care reform and
education that brings out the vast potentialities of all children. He
rails against tax cuts for the rich and voted for a bill that would ban
late term abortions.

He chides the New Democrats like Clinton for being too conservative.

"People underestimate him and end up being surprised," said a Brown
University Political Scientist in Business Week magazine.

Gephardt praises the "enthusiasm and passion" of Kennedy, who is 38
and unmarried.

Because of his family's popularity, he has friends across the
country, which means he is able to raise enormous sums of money for the
Democratic Party in his position as head of the Democratic
Congressional Campaign Committee.

Stan De SD
2006-05-09 05:24:03 EST

"Annie Birdsong" <anniebirdsong@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Representative Patrick Kennedy, democrat from Rhode Island and son of
> Senator Edward Kennedy, got a bout of bad press when he suffered a
> blackout after taking ambien for insomnia.
>
> He told the policeman who pulled him over that he had to "go vote,"
> though Congress had let out six hours earlier. "I simply don't
> remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by the police or being
> sited for driving infractions," he said later.

He's a druggie.

> Ambien comes with a warning that it can cause confusion, strange
> behavior and hallucinations. Others have also reported blackouts and
> sleep driving while taking these chemicals.
>
> Kennedy is also taking a medication for nausea and inflammation of the
> stomach and intestines caused by gastroenteritis.

Maybe we can leak his personal medical data and get him charged with drug
abuse?

> The press has widely reported that Kennedy was taking antidepressants.
> Explaining, he mentioned the "pressures of being a Kennedy."
> Investigating, I found that across the country, he is repeatedly
> bludgeoned unfairly by the press, just as happened to Jimmy Carter.

But it was fair for you and the other lefties to dog Limbaugh, right?

<rest of boo-hoo excuse making snipped>

Joe S.
2006-05-09 06:42:25 EST

"Stan de SD" <standesd_DIGA_NO_A_SPAM@covad.net> wrote in message

> "Annie Birdsong" <anniebirdsong@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Representative Patrick Kennedy, democrat from Rhode Island and son of
>> Senator Edward Kennedy, got a bout of bad press when he suffered a
>> blackout after taking ambien for insomnia.
>>
>> He told the policeman who pulled him over that he had to "go vote,"
>> though Congress had let out six hours earlier. "I simply don't
>> remember getting out of bed, being pulled over by the police or being
>> sited for driving infractions," he said later.
>
> He's a druggie.
>
>> Ambien comes with a warning that it can cause confusion, strange
>> behavior and hallucinations. Others have also reported blackouts and
>> sleep driving while taking these chemicals.
>>
>> Kennedy is also taking a medication for nausea and inflammation of the
>> stomach and intestines caused by gastroenteritis.
>
> Maybe we can leak his personal medical data and get him charged with drug
> abuse?
>
>> The press has widely reported that Kennedy was taking antidepressants.
>> Explaining, he mentioned the "pressures of being a Kennedy."
>> Investigating, I found that across the country, he is repeatedly
>> bludgeoned unfairly by the press, just as happened to Jimmy Carter.
>
> But it was fair for you and the other lefties to dog Limbaugh, right?

Limbaugh got a lawyer, claimed he did nothing wrong and that the prosecutor
was conducting a vendetta. Then, there are Limbaugh's comments about how
anyone who abuses drugs needs to go to jail.

Kennedy admitted he is addicted and checked himself into rehab.

And, as we see, you rightwingers are doing a fine job of "dogging" Kennedy.

Ryd
2006-05-09 06:51:51 EST
-------DUI Scorecard-------

1 = George Bush