Activism Discussion: An Open Letter To Nancy Pelosi About Ethics

An Open Letter To Nancy Pelosi About Ethics

Ex Politico
2006-05-12 19:26:31 EST
Harmful, aversive interactions between people appear to be on the rise.
We are becoming increasingly indifferent to violations of the ethical
principles and values by which we try to live and to the hypocrisy we
witness around us. Social aggression, violence, ethnic warfare, and
terrorism feel like they're inevitable.

That's just one paragraph from this letter to Nancy Pelosi.

The rest can be read at
http://naive-ex-politico.blogspot.com/2006/05/open-letter-to-nancy-pelosi-about.html

EP

Johnny
2006-05-13 00:33:22 EST
Ex Politico wrote:

> Harmful, aversive interactions between people appear to be on the rise.
> We are becoming increasingly indifferent to violations of the ethical
> principles and values by which we try to live and to the hypocrisy we
> witness around us. Social aggression, violence, ethnic warfare, and
> terrorism feel like they're inevitable.
>
> That's just one paragraph from this letter to Nancy Pelosi.
>
> The rest can be read at
> http://naive-ex-politico.blogspot.com/2006/05/open-letter-to-nancy-pelosi-about.html
>
> EP

Interesting psychological take on the influence of the fear
of death. It's power is clear when one remembers that the
fear of death is one of the four pillars of religion (along
with ignorance, superstition, and guilt) used to attract and
control the flock.

Fear of death is irrational; a reasonable respect for its
inevitability with a due regard for life-threatening dangers
is common sense. The idea is to recognize all fear as
instinctive and not panic into doing something stupid that
just heightens the danger that generated the fear. Courage
is not the absence of fear but the overcoming of it.
Children should be taught to respect danger but never take
counsel of their fears.

-Johnny

Sean
2006-05-13 03:47:59 EST

"Ex Politico" <expolitico@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Harmful, aversive interactions between people appear to be on the rise.
> We are becoming increasingly indifferent to violations of the ethical
> principles and values by which we try to live and to the hypocrisy we
> witness around us. Social aggression, violence, ethnic warfare, and
> terrorism feel like they're inevitable.
>
> That's just one paragraph from this letter to Nancy Pelosi.
>
> The rest can be read at
> http://naive-ex-politico.blogspot.com/2006/05/open-letter-to-nancy-pelosi-about.html
>
> EP

Neat website, noble goals, well spoken, insightful, and thoughtful
throughout.

Excellent Letter to Ms Pelosi with sage advice on the underlying personal
effects on people. In particular : The pooling of individual defenses, and
their collective repression, threatens our existence on this planet.

May I suggest you read Eckhart Tolle's recent book The New Earth, and
consider adding it to your list? He addresses most succintly the issues you
are raising regarding people's reactiveness to fear, and why so few are
aware of their own irrational responses and see them as sane and
justifyable.

best wishes

M*@xtra.co.nz
2006-05-13 09:56:37 EST

Sean wrote:

> Neat website, ....

followed by absolute wankers piffle

What an absolute fuckwit, christ no wonder you are a mystic, it suits
ewe.

The fucking audacity of you trying to tell me that I dont know the
limits of reason, farcanal, you dont even know the meaning of the word,
what a twit.

Michael Gordge

Ex Politico
2006-05-20 15:02:28 EST
You may be interested in an article on this subject:

http://www.glendon.org/pdfs/Origins.pdf

AmerGovtCriminalsExposer
2006-05-20 15:26:34 EST

"Ex Politico" <expolitico@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Harmful, aversive interactions between people appear to be on the rise.
> We are becoming increasingly indifferent to violations of the ethical
> principles and values by which we try to live and to the hypocrisy we
> witness around us. Social aggression, violence, ethnic warfare, and
> terrorism feel like they're inevitable.
>
> That's just one paragraph from this letter to Nancy Pelosi.
>
> The rest can be read at
> http://naive-ex-politico.blogspot.com/2006/05/open-letter-to-nancy-pelosi-about.html
>
> EP

Look, if you think any American official is going to tell you the truth,
then you're stupid. Did you hear that? - stupid."
Arthur Sylvester, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, 1965

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government."
Edward Abbey

http://thirdworldtraveler.com/Authors/QuotationsToMakeUSThink.html

http://thirdworldtraveler.com

Pax anti- american imperialism and terrorism is a philosophy.

Making sure evil, imperialistic american govt does not turn me into a slave
like majority of the americans, is liberty building.

Think of it as somebody beating the shit out of EVIL AMERICAN GOVT
CRIMINALS, MURDERERS and TERRORISTS for being FASCIST and GENOCIDAL.

Ex Politico
2006-05-21 13:35:25 EST
I guess that's why I call myself naive-ex-politico. I do believe that
some of the pols tell the truth. I do believe that some of the pols
want to do good.

I also believe that, with full time campaigning, full time being
lobbied, full time managing thousands of requests from constituents,
that ethics often are tried.

There are a few really good guys that keep things running.

And there are a few good citizens that keep people honest.

Thanks for the comments.

EP
http://naive-ex-politico.blogspot.com