Activism Discussion: Major Telecom Companies Help US Govt Spy On Millions [yes Millions] Of Americans

Major Telecom Companies Help US Govt Spy On Millions [yes Millions] Of Americans

I*@economicdemocracy.org
2006-05-14 19:34:18 EST
Michael Hayden: "Everything that NSA done is lawful and carefully done
and the appropriate members of congress, the house and senate are
briefed on all NSA activities and I will just leave it at that."

But the NSA spy program is even being criticized by former top NSA
officials. On Monday the agency's former Director Bobby Ray Inman said
"this activity is not authorized."

To talk about these latest developments, we are joined by three
guests...

=====================

There is a law, which was set up in 1978, which is called the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Act. This Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
Act came about as a result of illegal spying, which was conducted
during the Nixon administration. That whole issue was examined
carefully by the Congress. A lot of hearings were held. Examination was
conducted. And finally, this Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act was
passed in 1978, which set up a process whereby any administration that
believes that some form of activity is going on in our country that is
raising serious questions about security, endangering people,
endangering the nation, under circumstances such as that, any
administration can engage in a surveillance program, but eventually
that program must be approved through the Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance courts, which were set up within the Justice Department.

This administration has circumvented that law, gone outside of it. One
of the things that the administration has said as a result of the
shutting down, or the impeding, rather, of this investigation by the
Office of Professional Responsibility within the Justice Department, is
that in the course of defending their eavesdropping program, they have
said that the NSA's activities were narrowly targeted to intercept
international calls and emails of Americans and others inside the
United States, who they suspected had ties to al-Qaeda terror network.
Well, if that were true, if that were the case, that they were narrowly
targeted, then the administration would have had no trouble whatsoever
securing the authority to conduct those examinations under the present
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. But, as we know, they have
chosen over and over again to violate that FISA law, and that has got
to lead to the conclusion that their surveillance activities themselves
are unlawful, and they are not in any way, as they describe them to be,
narrowly targeted.

=====================
Friday, May 12th, 2006
Three Major Telecom Companies Help US Government Spy on Millions of
Americans

Listen to Segment || Download Show mp3
Watch 128k stream Watch 256k stream Read Transcript

USA Today has revealed the National Security Agency is secretly
collecting the phone call records of millions of Americans with the
help of AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth. For the customers of these
companies, it means that the government has detailed records of calls
they made to family members, co-workers, business contacts and others.
One source told the paper that the NSA is attempting to create the
world's largest database -- big enough to include every call ever made
within the nation's borders. [includes rush transcript]

= = =

Lead:

USA Today has revealed the National Security Agency is secretly
collecting the phone call records of millions of Americans with the
help of AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth. For the customers of these
companies, it means that the government has detailed records of calls
they made to family members, co-workers, business contacts and others.
One source told the paper that the NSA is attempting to create the
world"s largest database -- big enough to include every call ever made
within the nation"s borders.

This spy program is far more expansive than what the White House has
acknowledged. Last year, President Bush admitted he had authorized the
NSA to eavesdrop - without warrants - on calls and e-mails of
people suspected of having links to terrorists.

On Thursday, President Bush discussed the NSA"s spy operations but
did not directly address the report in USA Today that the NSA was
creating a database of phone call records.

* President Bush: "Today there are new claims about other ways we
are tracking down al Qaeda to prevent attacks on America. I want to
make some important points about what the government is doing, and what
the government is not doing. First, our intelligence activities
strictly target al Qaeda and their known affiliates. Al Qaeda is our
enemy, and we want to know their plans. Second, the government does not
listen to domestic phone calls without court approval. Third, the
intelligence activities I authorized are lawful and have been briefed
to appropriate members of congress, both Republican and Democrat.
Fourth, the privacy of ordinary Americans is fiercely protected in all
our activities. We're not mining or trolling through the personal lives
of millions of innocent Americans."

On Capitol Hill, Pennsylvania Republican Arlen Specter - Chairman of
the Senate Judiciary Committee - announced he would call officials from
AT&T, Verizon and Bell South to appear before the panel for
questioning. Meanwhile there have been a number of other developments
about the NSA's spy program.

On Wednesday the Justice Department announced it had to close an
investigation into the NSA"s domestic spy program because the NSA had
refused to grant investigators security clearances.

On Monday, President Bush nominated General Michael Hayden to become
the next director of the CIA. Hayden was the head of the NSA in 2001
when President Bush ordered the agency to begin warrant-less spying of
Americans.

General Hayden spoke with reporters yesterday about the NSA spying
program.

* Michael Hayden: "Everything that NSA done is lawful and carefully
done and the appropriate members of congress, the house and senate are
briefed on all NSA activities and I will just leave it at that."

But the NSA spy program is even being criticized by former top NSA
officials. On Monday the agency's former Director Bobby Ray Inman said
"this activity is not authorized."

To talk about these latest developments, we are joined by three guests:

* Rep. Maurice Hinchey, a Democrat from New York.
* Ryan Singel, a contributing writer at Wired News.
* Tim Shorrock, independent journalist who has covered the issue
for The Nation magazine.

RUSH TRANSCRIPT

AMY GOODMAN: On Thursday, President Bush discussed the NSA spy
operations, but did not directly address the report in USA Today that
the NSA is creating a database of tens of millions of phone call
records.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: I want to make some important points
about what the government is doing and what the government is not
doing. First, our intelligence activities strictly target al-Qaeda and
their known affiliates. Al-Qaeda is our enemy. And we want to know
their plans. Second, the government does not listen to domestic phone
calls without court approval. Third, the intelligence activities I
authorized are lawful and have been briefed to appropriate members of
Congress, both Republican and Democrat. Fourth, the privacy of ordinary
Americans is fiercely protected in all our activities. We're not mining
or trolling through the personal lives of millions of innocent
Americans. Our efforts are focused on links to al-Qaeda and their known
affiliates.

AMY GOODMAN: That was President Bush speaking on Thursday. On Capitol
Hill, Pennsylvania Republican Arlen Specter, Chair of the Senate
Judiciary Committee, announced he would call officials from AT&T,
Verizon and Bell South to appear before the panel for questioning.

Meanwhile, there have been a number of other developments about the
NSA's spy program. On Wednesday, the Justice Department announced it
had to close an investigation into the NSA's spy program, because the
NSA had refused to grant investigators security clearances. On Monday,
President Bush nominated General Michael Hayden to become the next
director of the CIA. Hayden was the head of the NSA in 2001, when
President Bush ordered the agency to begin warrantless spying of
Americans. General Hayden spoke with reporters yesterday about the NSA
spying program.

GEN. MICHAEL HAYDEN: Everything that NSA does is lawful and very
carefully done, and that the appropriate members of the Congress, House
and Senate, are briefed on all NSA activities, and I think I'll just
leave it at that.

AMY GOODMAN: But the NSA spy program is even being criticized by former
top NSA officials. On Monday, the agency's former Director Bobby Ray
Inman said, "This activity is not authorized."

To talk about the latest developments, we're joined on the telephone by
New York Congressmember Maurice Hinchey, a Democrat. We welcome you to
Democracy Now!

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY: Well, thank you, Amy. It's a pleasure to be with
you.

AMY GOODMAN: It's good to have you with us. Now, you have written a
letter about the Justice Department shutting down the investigation
into the NSA. What do you understand has happened? Why has it been shut
down?

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY: Well, the investigation by the Office of
Professional Responsibility began earlier this year after I initiated a
letter, which was signed by a number of my other colleagues in the
House, asking this office within the Justice Department to look into
the question of who it was in the Justice Department that approved this
spying program by the NSA. Shortly after we wrote the letter, we
received a reply back, saying that the investigation was underway. The
Office of Professional Responsibility had engaged in an investigation,
and they were moving forward on it. We had some other communication
with the office, which indicated that the investigation was moving
ahead. We sent a letter to them, asking them if they would look into
specific aspects.

Then, the day before yesterday, we received a letter back from the
counsel of the Office of Professional Responsibility, saying that they
were unable to make any meaningful progress in their investigation,
because they had been denied security clearances for access to
information about the NSA program. So, the administration just put a
road block in front of them, saying that they were not going to be able
to investigate any aspect of this, because they were not going to be
given the security clearances they need to look into the NSA. That is a
shocking revelation, frankly.

It is the responsibility of OPR, the Office of Professional
Responsibility, to make sure that people within the Justice Department
are behaving in ways that are ethical, that are within the law and are
not deviating from the protections within the Constitution. But, as
we've seen, this administration is not interested in that kind of
activity internally, and so they have stopped that investigation. We
have now written a letter back to the counsel's office asking them to
inform us who it was that prevented them from continuing the
investigation and what were the circumstances surrounding that
prevention.

AMY GOODMAN: And, Congressmember Hinchey, who is "we"? Who wrote
this letter?

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY: The original letter was written by myself, was
signed by John Lewis, by two or three other members of the Congress:
Ms. Woolsey from California and one or two other people.

AMY GOODMAN: Now, this is an issue that cuts across political lines. I
mean, you have Senator Arlen Specter, Republican of Pennsylvania, is
calling for an investigation. Are you finding that you have bipartisan
support for the questions that you're raising?

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY: I have seen no indication of bipartisan support
within the House of Representatives. Yes, you're absolutely true.
Senator Specter has raised this question, and he has indicated that the
committee which he chairs in the Senate, the Judiciary Committee, will
begin some form of investigation into this practice, the spying
practice. How far that investigation goes, we will see. But you're much
more likely to get something that looks into this situation from the
Senate than you are from the House.

AMY GOODMAN: And how unusual is it -- yesterday, the CIA director
nominee, Michael Hayden, was supposed to do his meet-and-greets with
various senators, and then, of course, the cameras follow, and you see
him getting approval from various Republican and Democratic senators.
That didn't quite happen. I think he met with Mitch McConnell of
Kentucky, but other than that, even the Republican senators, these
meetings were canceled.

REP. MAURICE HINCHEY: Yes. Well, I would imagine that in the Senate
there is some concern about the fact that General Hayden was in charge
of the NSA at the time when the illegal spying operation apparently
began. So, there is definitely going to be some interest in his
background with regard to this illegal spying program, and it is an
illegal spying program, and that's the main point that we have to keep
focusing on here. So, there will be some attention focused on him, and
the question is going to be whether or not he's going to be approved,
and we can anticipate that a lot of the questions surrounding his
nomination are going to be focused upon this illegal spying program,
why it came into existence in the first place.

[...]

And then, of course, we have the story yesterday in USA Today, which
talks about tens of millions of phone calls being placed into a data
bank, and the extent of the monitoring of those phone calls is unknown.
The fact is that the spying operation which this administration is
engaged in is illegal. It goes outside of existing law, the Foreign
Intelligence Surveillance Act, which, in fact, itself was a compromise
of constitutional protections. But they have now gone outside of that
FISA law, and they are engaging in various forms of surveillance
activities within the United States of American citizens without any
jurisdiction to do so and without any action by any court, which is
required by the law and, of course, by the Constitution.

AMY GOODMAN: New York Congressmember Maurice Hinchey, I want to thank
you for being with us. When we come back, we'll be joined by two
reporters: one who has looked at NSA involvement with other
corporations, outside telecom companies; and a writer for Wired
magazine that has been on top of and breaking this story around the
cooperation between the NSA and the telecom companies.

[break]

AMY GOODMAN: As we continue on the NSA spy scandal, we're joined by
two reporters who have been following this story very closely. Ryan
Singel is a contributing writer at Wired News. He joins us from San
Francisco. We're joined on telephone by investigative journalist Tim
Shorrock, who's covered the issue for The Nation magazine, among other
places. Ryan Singel, talk about what you understand, how we came to
understand the relationship between the telecom companies, particularly
AT&T, and the government.

RYAN SINGEL: It's been kind of an ongoing story. In some ways, the USA
Today report just fills out some details of what people have surmised
has been going on over the last few months. Starting in December, the
New York Times wrote the story that the NSA was eavesdropping on
international calls that came in and out of the country, where one end
of the conversation was ostensibly to someone that had ties to al-Qaeda
or was suspected of ties to al-Qaeda.

Following that, the L.A. Times reported right before Christmas that
AT&T had allowed the NSA access to a massive database system of its
phone calls, a database it calls "Hawkeye," which, according to
public information, contains something along the lines of 1.88 trillion
calls, just the records of the phone calls. So then, with the USA Today
piece that came out yesterday, we learned that Verizon and Bellsouth
had also given ongoing access to their phone records to the NSA, though
Qwest, interestingly, asked the NSA to go and get either a subpoena or
a letter from the Attorney General before they would turn over their
records, which the NSA declined to do.

AMY GOODMAN: Talk about the significance of this and the Electronic
Frontier Foundation's lawsuit and what it's based on.

RYAN SINGEL: Sure. The significance of this is it kind of fills out the
picture of what the administration is likely trying to do. Call records
are sensitive data, but they're not nearly as sensitive as the contents
of your communication, so you're starting -- you sort of see the call
records as maybe the top of the funnel. So, it's very unclear how
they're kind of funneling down. They might be starting with, say, all
the phone numbers they know from people who are on the terrorist watch
list. So, take, you know, the 300,000 people on the terrorist watch
list, take their phone numbers, see who they are calling and look for
some patterns. Then, as you go through, then you might then look at the
- when you see something interesting, you might then start to look at
their overseas phone calls, and then from there, if you actually get
something good, you might actually then - the administration might go
to the FISA court, which would allow them to get not only the
international phone calls, but also the contents of their domestic
calls and their domestic emails and so forth.

The EFF lawsuit is fairly interesting. They are building on the work of
the L.A. Times, but they also, as they were preparing their lawsuit,
retired AT&T technician Mark Klein, who worked for the company for 22
years, approached them, came up to their offices and says, "I have
some documents," and those documents remain under seal, but from what
Mark Klein has said publicly, what he saw when he was working there, he
saw AT&T build a secret room in its switching center in San Francisco,
where they took portions of the fiber optic cable that carry internet
traffic and shunted it into a private room, a little secret room that
supposedly had a large data bank with some secret data mining hardware,
and he said he also saw -- he had also heard that this had happened in
other switching locations, and ostensibly the documents he turned over
to EFF and which have been filed with the court, those are now - he
wants those to be unsealed. We won't know if that's going to happen
until Wednesday next week.

AMY GOODMAN: Could you explain exactly what Mark Klein said he saw,
what this room was that was being built, who was allowed access to it
within AT&T?

RYAN SINGEL: Sure. He said that it was a secret room on the fifth floor
of a switching center here in downtown San Francisco. Fiber optic cable
is not particularly easy to wiretap or eavesdrop on, as compared to the
telephone network, which telephone networks have built in wiretapping
capabilities. That's something the federal law requires. Fiber optic
cables, you know, it's laser shooting through a little cable, so what
they've done is they've - he saw the diagrams of how they switch
things in.

And it wasn't just AT&T's internet connections, according to his
statement. What he said he saw was that where AT&T's internet network
connected up with other networks, say, Qwest's, for example, where
you trade your traffic, that those links also got put into the cabinet.
So it's not a huge room. You don't need quite the data bank of
computers that you would need for the phone records, you know, when
you're trying to keep 1.9 trillion phone records, you need a data
center that's about as big as Google's. So the room is not particularly
big. It wouldn't be a facility that would record - well, it's
actually very unclear what the facility does, whether it records things
there or if from there there's an uplink to the NSA, where they
themselves would be able to do more data mining, but that room is
particularly about internet traffic. Mark Klein did not say he saw
anything about phone records or phone tapping.

AMY GOODMAN: We're talking to Ryan Singel, who's contributing writer to
Wired News. What are the legal implications of these companies working
with the government? I mean, obviously, they have a choice, as you
point out. Qwest -- or I think a lot of people call it Quest -- said
no.

RYAN SINGEL: Thank you for correcting me there. Legal implications?
It's unclear, but federal law sets limits on what phone companies can
do with your records. There are very hefty fines and even criminal
penalties for turning over the contents of your communications or even
records of your communications if you don't - in terms of turning it
over to the government - if you don't have a subpoena or a letter
from the Attorney General saying, "This is an approved program." So
these fines could reach millions of dollars if, in fact, they didn't
get a letter or they didn't have some other sort of authorization. So
they may be on shaky grounds, and that was definitely a concern of
Qwest. You know, they explicitly asked the NSA: "We want some legal
justification," and according to the USA Today story, the NSA did not
want to go through those procedures.

AMY GOODMAN: Ryan Singel writes for Wired News. We're also joined by
Tim Shorrock, who is an independent journalist who has written about
the NSA domestic surveillance program for The Nation magazine. Tim, you
look back in history at the NSA's involvement with U.S. corporations.
Can you talk about that?

TIM SHORROCK: Well, since the end of World War II, since the NSA was
founded, really, they've been doing this kind of surveillance of calls
by American citizens, and back in the, you know, '50s, '60s and
even into the '70s, when they did it, it wasn't that difficult to do
it, because there was just a couple of companies, you know, AT&T, ITT
we might remember, you know, Western Union. They went to those
companies. They went to senior executives when they decided to do this,
and they said, you know, "We'd like to listen to the phone calls that
are going through your system. We'd like to read the cables that are
going through Western Union," and that's exactly what they did.
They went to high level people in the corporation, and then that
person, that top executive, would talk to someone lower down in the
chain, and the NSA would do the listening, would do the surveillance.

What the USA Today reported yesterday was that they're turning this
awesome system they have worldwide to listen in on calls, and they're
turning that whole system on to the United States. These are United
States citizens within the United States they are putting into this
database. This is what's really dangerous about this, and what the New
York Times reported back in December was that they were listening to
United States citizens talking to foreigners. Now, they're building a
database out of U.S. citizens talking to U.S. citizens.

AMY GOODMAN: Although they're saying that it's not as if they're
listening to the conversations. This is just taking down the numbers.

TIM SHORROCK: Well, I think the whole purpose of data mining is to
build profiles of people that you use for later surveillance. Like Ryan
was just saying, they might build a record on someone and then go to
the FISA court and tap their phone, after they decide that this person
is a terrorist suspect or something that they're talking to. So, I, you
know, take that with a grain of salt. Also, I think the record of
mendacity of this Bush administration on any number of issues,
particularly this war, is great, and it's very difficult to believe
what they say on this.

They build these databases to create profiles. They use them to predict
future activities, future calls people might make, future relationships
people might make, and then they use that for other kinds of
information, and, of course, the U.S. government, other databases have
plenty of information on us as U.S. citizens, of, you know, buying
habits. They can go to credit card records, see what you buy, all this
kind of thing. And so, they can plug all this in, build profiles, and
that's - you know, I think that's what's got Republicans and, you
know, of course, Democrats, people of all stripes upset about this, is
that this is a violation of FISA, it's a violation of our privacy laws
and it's a violation of the Constitution.

AMY GOODMAN: And the history, Tim Shorrock, of other U.S. corporations?

TIM SHORROCK: Well, I think, you know, we've seen - like I said,
before there was primarily just - when this was first done, the
telecom system wasn't like it is today, and so now we have an explosion
of telecom companies like AT&T, a whole number of companies, including
companies like Cingular Wireless that provide wireless services. Then
we have these fiber optic cable companies that operate cables that go
under the sea, which was just explained a few minutes ago are much more
difficult to tap. That's where you need the cooperation of these
companies.

AMY GOODMAN: And the connection between the executives of these
companies and the military in this country?

TIM SHORROCK: Well, the thing is that for the last ten years or so
there's been quite a close relationship growing between telecom
industry people and the government. As I reported in my Nation piece,
there's a kind of murky organization called the National Security
Telecommunications Advisory Committee which meets twice a year with
people at the White House - the last meeting Dick Cheney was at their
meeting - where they discuss, you know, issues of national security
involving the telecom system.

I went on their website. Anybody can go onto it. It's ncs.gov, and you
can go to the President's Committee part of the thing, and you can
see who's on this committee, and, you know, coincidently, right now the
Chair happens to be Mr. F. Duane Ackerman, the President, Chairman and
C.E.O. of Bellsouth, which was the company named in the USA Today
report yesterday. And so, you have executives from all these telecom
companies around this, as well as other high-tech companies that are
involved in telecom. Of course, the committee says they don't discuss
surveillance or these kinds of issues, but, you know, they do meet, and
they talk about national security.

AMY GOODMAN: And you write "Sprint Nextel is top-loaded with
executives with long experience in national security and defense.
Chairman and CEO Gary Forsee is a member of Bush's telecom council
(as is Lawrence Babbio, the vice chairman and president of Verizon)."

TIM SHORROCK: Right, and when I was working on this story, I went back
into various testimony that some of these companies have given, and
they all contract with the intelligence community to do various kinds
of work, and, you know, they brag about it in their testimony. They
say, you know, "We have a long record of cooperation with
intelligence," and so on. So, these relationships go back many, many
years, and I think what we have now is a group of people that meet, and
they all have high - they all have security clearances to do this.
So, you know, it so happens that Qwest also has a seat on this board.
So, maybe - they're meeting actually this week, I believe, in
Washington. They probably have some interesting conversations.

As I pointed out in my article in The Nation, there's also a lot of
other contractors outside of telecom that we should be concerned about.
These are the companies that actually do the data mining, that provide
the software and technology that the NSA uses for their surveillance
programs and for their analytical programs.

And I think it's important for people to remember that the NSA is just
an awesome organization in terms of the power it has. People might
remember Colin Powell's infamous testimony to the U.N. when he played
- actually played intercepts that the U.S. had picked up of Iraqis
talking about so-called weapons of mass destruction. Well, Bob Woodward
talked about that incident, and when people at the NSA were watching
Colin Powell's live testimony and those intercepts came on, they all
applauded because their work was being recognized.

Well, that's pretty awesome. You can pick up a tiny bit of
conversation and figure out the words that you're going to use out of
thousands and thousands and thousands of words that are out there.
That's how powerful this software is, and now they're using this to
listen in on conversations, to monitor our calls, and that's what's
dangerous.

AMY GOODMAN: Tim Shorrock I want to thank you for being with us,
independent journalist who's written extensively about NSA domestic
surveillance. He has written for The Nation magazine; and Ryan Singel,
contributing writer to Wired News. Thank you both very much for joining
us.

= = = =
STILL FEELING LIKE THE MAINSTREAM U.S. CORPORATE MEDIA
IS GIVING A FULL HONEST PICTURE OF WHAT'S GOING ON?
= = = =
Daily online radio show, news reporting: www.DemocracyNow.org
More news: UseNet's misc.activism.progressive (moderated)
= = = =
Sorry, we cannot read/reply to most usenet posts but welcome email
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://EconomicDemocracy.org/wtc/ (peace)
http://economicdemocracy.org/eco/climate-summary.html (Climate)
And http://EconomicDemocracy.org/ (general)

** ANTI-SPAM NOTE: For EMAIL "info" and "map" DON'T work. Email to
** m-a-i-l-m-a-i-l (without the dashes)at economicdemocracy.org instead

Morton Davis
2006-05-14 19:45:13 EST
<*o@economicdemocracy.org> wrote in message
> Michael Hayden: "Everything that NSA done is lawful and carefully done
> and the appropriate members of congress, the house and senate are
> briefed on all NSA activities and I will just leave it at that."
>
> But the NSA spy program is even being criticized by former top NSA
> officials. On Monday the agency's former Director Bobby Ray Inman said
> "this activity is not authorized."
>
> To talk about these latest developments, we are joined by three
> guests...

Try something other than cut and paste.

Horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors
2006-05-14 19:49:12 EST
they wont be able to get every call, they dont have calls from qwest,
tmobile and other companies that have not complied with nsa, tmobile
and qwest have not so if you are a customer of one of those you dont
have to worry, qwest is going to be very popular in the coming months
and so is t mobile.

Möbius_Pretzel?=
2006-05-14 19:49:36 EST
Morton Davis (ocean fertilizer) wrote:

> <info@economicdemocracy.org> wrote:
> > Michael Hayden: "Everything that NSA done is lawful and carefully done
> > and the appropriate members of congress, the house and senate are
> > briefed on all NSA activities and I will just leave it at that."
> >
> > But the NSA spy program is even being criticized by former top NSA
> > officials. On Monday the agency's former Director Bobby Ray Inman said
> > "this activity is not authorized."
> >
> > To talk about these latest developments, we are joined by three
> > guests...
> >

> Try something other than cut and paste.

Uh yeah, let's all start taking advice from the last twit
to jump off the 'Bush Titanic'.

(except I doubt you've enough brain cells to jump)

Horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors
2006-05-14 19:52:43 EST
I have never voted for bush, I voted for kerry and gore, bush never
fooled me one bit.

James McGill
2006-05-14 19:55:47 EST
horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors wrote:
> qwest is going to be very popular in the coming months

They were aware of a government conspiracy against the people, and they
kept quiet about it.

That should entitle them to the same treatment Moussaoui got.

Morton Davis
2006-05-14 20:20:07 EST

"James McGill" <jmcgill@cs.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors wrote:
> > qwest is going to be very popular in the coming months
>
> They were aware of a government conspiracy against the people, and they
> kept quiet about it.
>
> That should entitle them to the same treatment Moussaoui got.

You can't imprison corporations.

Defendario
2006-05-14 23:00:35 EST
horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors wrote:

> they wont be able to get every call, they dont have calls from qwest,
> tmobile and other companies that have not complied with nsa, tmobile
> and qwest have not so if you are a customer of one of those you dont
> have to worry, qwest is going to be very popular in the coming months
> and so is t mobile.

T-Mobile also not cooperating with the Gestapo?
8-)

Defendario
2006-05-14 23:04:10 EST
James McGill wrote:

> horatioclaytracepukieorionchildmolestors wrote:
>
>> qwest is going to be very popular in the coming months
>

> They were aware of a government conspiracy against the people, and they
> kept quiet about it.

Sometimes discretion is the better part, Jim.

> That should entitle them to the same treatment Moussaoui got.

So the only alternatives for landlines are the collaborators?
:-\